What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

You believe in a product that's been linked to horrible diseases and birth defects? Id rather have weeds.
Could you explain that a bit? If I use round up a little a round the yard, does that mean my family is going to get horrible diseases or does this pertain to people that are exposed to this heavily like farmers for instance?
Roundup contains Glyphosate (google it for health hazards). I wouldn't use it anywhere that could possibly come in contact with humans or animals (which since I have kids is the whole yard).

Im not an over-protective helicopter parent either. Id put my kid on public transportation alone in a major city before spraying my yard with this crap. Just not worth the risk to me.

E-Z Glider said:
NutterButter said:
E-Z Glider said:
avoiding injuries said:
You believe in a product that's been linked to horrible diseases and birth defects? Id rather have weeds.
Could you explain that a bit? If I use round up a little a round the yard, does that mean my family is going to get horrible diseases or does this pertain to people that are exposed to this heavily like farmers for instance?
Roundup contains Glyphosate (google it for health hazards). I wouldn't use it anywhere that could possibly come in contact with humans or animals (which since I have kids is the whole yard).

Im not an over-protective helicopter parent either. Id put my kid on public transportation alone in a major city before spraying my yard with this crap. Just not worth the risk to me.
Do you happen to have a link? I know I can google it, but there's so much noise out there regarding this stuff. Just looking for something that you'd consider scientifically compelling and real life (applying this moderately in your backyard) applicable. If you don't, that's cool. I don't want to turn this thread into some monsanto/round up discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-Z Glider said:
NutterButter said:
E-Z Glider said:
avoiding injuries said:

Do you happen to have a link? I know I can google it, but there's so much noise out there regarding this stuff. Just looking for something that you'd consider scientifically compelling and real life (applying this moderately in your backyard) applicable. If you don't, that's cool. I don't want to turn this thread into some monsanto/round up discussion.
I dont, and me neither. The way I look at it, I am willing to accept that there will always be some risks associated with things that are necessary (such as eating). I just dont consider "having a nice lawn" something Im willing to risk the health of my family over.

I've had a Honda mower for 13 years now. :thumbup:
:goodposting:

I got mine as a "hand me down" from the folks 10 years ago when they moved to a bigger yard. This thing has been left for dead outside 2-3 winters.... EVERY winter I forget and leave gas in it to go bad.

Apparently it wouldn't run smoothly 3 years ago and my small engines guy said something bad was wrong with the cylinder (forget what it was) and it may or may not keep working. 3 more winters of left with bad gas... at this point I'm almost trying to kill the damn thing. Every time... first pull. Unless it's the first time I'm starting it in the spring with crappy gas in it. Then it takes two pulls.

I'll never own anything but a Honda mower again.

E-Z Glider said:
NutterButter said:
E-Z Glider said:
avoiding injuries said:

I dont, and me neither. The way I look at it, I am willing to accept that there will always be some risks associated with things that are necessary (such as eating). I just dont consider "having a nice lawn" something Im willing to risk the health of my family over.
Not too mention the cumulative effects of all those willing to risk all our progeny's health "having a nice lawn"...

Otis said:
Spike said:
cstu said:
Mighty Wallet - https://www.vat19.com/item/the-mighty-wallet

Worlds thinnest wallet. I love these things. The all black looks like it's sold out right now....the rest of the designs are cheesy IMO....but this is super thin and reduces all the bulk that most wallets have
Leather All-Ett is :moneybag:

If you're like me and carry too many cards it's a life-saver.
I've had one of these for 2-3 years now and it's great. I've always had a serious dislike for bulky wallets and this company's products are excellent.
Do they have one that's just as thin but regular wallet sized so I'm not carrying a wallet my wife would use?
The one I have is just barely larger than credit cards. It has 2 slots - each that holds 4 cards. One side has a "window", so I have my license at the top on that side. It folds in half. I don't carry money in it, just my various cards.

Anyone have a strong opinion on boxer briefs? It's about time for me to get new ones, and have been looking to branch out from the usual Hanes/FOTL brands.

Looking for input on MeUndies, ExOfficio, Saxx, MyPakage or any other brands.

E-Z Glider said:
NutterButter said:
E-Z Glider said:
avoiding injuries said:

I actually just bought some Bayer Advanced for killing weeds in my lawn. Partly because of this thread. The kind you attach to your hose and spray the entire lawn. I'm returning it tonight. My wife is 14 weeks prego, with twins. Not worth it this year, and maybe not ever. My lawn is fine. Could be prettier but I'll deal.

Anyone have a strong opinion on boxer briefs? It's about time for me to get new ones, and have been looking to branch out from the usual Hanes/FOTL brands.

These have been good to me: LINK

They always seem to have sales online as well, right now is 40% off.

I like the Haines boxer briefs. I hadn't bought new underwear in a while, so I got a pack of Haines & fruit of the loom. O had to throw the fruit of the loom out as my junk wouldn't stay in. It kept popping out the front. Serious design flaw. I held them up side by side, and they clearly don't have the amount of fabric on the flap as the Haines.

Otis said:
Spike said:
cstu said:

Worlds thinnest wallet. I love these things. The all black looks like it's sold out right now....the rest of the designs are cheesy IMO....but this is super thin and reduces all the bulk that most wallets have

I've had one of these for 2-3 years now and it's great. I've always had a serious dislike for bulky wallets and this company's products are excellent.
Do they have one that's just as thin but regular wallet sized so I'm not carrying a wallet my wife would use?
The one I have is just barely larger than credit cards. It has 2 slots - each that holds 4 cards. One side has a "window", so I have my license at the top on that side. It folds in half. I don't carry money in it, just my various cards.
I don't carry a wallet anymore since my wife bought me an iPhone case with a built in card case. Holds four cards. Love this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FN8CSYU/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1432259781&sr=8-7

As I said earlier, big fan of ExOfficio. Have maybe 10 pairs now and I only buy them on sale. Usually get down to $12-15 per pair on Amazon (usually find through Slickdeals). Fabric feels great, not as snug as real athletic ones but not loose either. Feel as good at the end of the day as the start. Have been holding up well. Fly flaps keep the junk inside no problem.

Otis said:
Spike said:
cstu said:

I don't carry a wallet anymore since my wife bought me an iPhone case with a built in card case. Holds four cards. Love this.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FN8CSYU/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1432259781&sr=8-7
I had this one too. Awesome case. Only reason I had to get rid of it is I needed a battery extender case. And sadly they don't make one.

Does anyone else do the Costco Executive Membership ($110) You get a refund (2%) each year based on products you purchase (No gas/tobacco). You have to make ~$2700 in a year to cover the extra $55. You probably get some other benefits, just never looked to hard at it.

Another Costco heads-up. Costco and Amex are going thru a divorce, and in April 2016 Citi will replace Amex as the 'brand card' and Visa will be the only 'credit card' allowed; MC/Visa debits will still be allowed.
We do the Executive membership and have no problem making our money back and then some. Family of six so we buy a lot of stuff in bulk. Been a Costco member forever.

Mr. Ected said:
Tiger Fan said:
Re: Crocs - they are basically the ugliest piece of footwear ever....I would never wear them out in public...however they do serve a purpose for me. I keep a pair in my mud room, and they're great when I'm in the house barefoot and need to go outside to do something really quick (pick up some stuff in the yard, take out the trash, go into attic, etc) and don't want to put on other shoes.
Love Crocs for this purpose, and if they get messed up for any reason, they are extremely easy to keep clean.
i have a pair of old flip flops I use for thisThey are an old pair of nikes

E-Z Glider said:
NutterButter said:
E-Z Glider said:
avoiding injuries said:

I actually just bought some Bayer Advanced for killing weeds in my lawn. Partly because of this thread. The kind you attach to your hose and spray the entire lawn. I'm returning it tonight. My wife is 14 weeks prego, with twins. Not worth it this year, and maybe not ever. My lawn is fine. Could be prettier but I'll deal.
The glyphosate "scare" is, as this writer states, the latest bogeyman stirred up by a person who did no research. https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/glyphosate-the-new-bogeyman/

Costco..... Everything they sell is awesome. Love me some Costco.
Bought some jarred marinara there that was awful. Took it back and got a refund.
kirkland siganture brand?!

Love that stuff as a basic marinara. Cheap as hell too.
Yes. I didn't like it. Had a sour taste.

I need to start making my own sauce. Everything I buy any more sucks.
Didn't like the costco marinara at all. Just give the Victoria's marinara a try. I think you'll be happy with it. The 8 bucks is worth a try. My costco carries it all the time now so yours might as well.

Awesome thread. I went through it last weekend and just kept adding stuff to my Amazon shopping cart til I got through the thread. Getting home last night after another week on the road was like an early Christmas!

On a side note, Amazon sent an e-mail saying they broke up my order into 5 orders for some reason. Fine with me except some of them charged shipping after they were broken up. Is this right? I guess after they broke up my order they no longer qualified for free shipping? Confused.

NutterButter said:
shuke said:
Bought some jarred marinara there that was awful. Took it back and got a refund.

Didn't like the costco marinara at all. Just give the Victoria's marinara a try. I think you'll be happy with it. The 8 bucks is worth a try. My costco carries it all the time now so yours might as well.
$8 for a jar of sauce?

NutterButter said:
shuke said:

$8 for a jar of sauce?
2 jars. And its at least 6 per jar at the supermarket. The good stuff cost a little more.

NutterButter said:
shuke said:

I second Victoria's.

LOL at people hyping Kirkland marinara. Maybe they're putting in on their Top Ramen.

Otis said:
Spike said:

I don't carry a wallet anymore since my wife bought me an iPhone case with a built in card case. Holds four cards. Love this.

Yep. I'm surprised that there are so many folks carrying wallets in this thread.

Otis said:
Spike said:

Yep. I'm surprised that there are so many folks carrying wallets in this thread.
I like minimalist carry ideas, but I tried a case wallet and didn't like several things about it. I'd rather not need my phone to access my wallet or have my wallet attached to my phone when using it. Never cared for a leatherman tool or swiss army knife either. Minimalist wallet + ultra-light or no phone case > case wallet, for me. I'd like a holographic phone implant.

Otis said:
Spike said:

Leather All-Ett is :moneybag: If you're like me and carry too many cards it's a life-saver.
I don't carry a wallet anymore since my wife bought me an iPhone case with a built in card case. Holds four cards. Love this.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FN8CSYU/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1432259781&sr=8-7
I like minimalist carry ideas, but I tried a case wallet and didn't like several things about it. I'd rather not need my phone to access my wallet or have my wallet attached to my phone when using it. Never cared for a leatherman tool or swiss army knife either. Minimalist wallet + ultra-light or no phone case > case wallet, for me. I'd like a holographic phone implant.
The slightly bulky wallet cases for the phone is definitely a compromise. It's so, so nice only having to remember to grab your phone when leaving the house.

Read some of this and agree with Weber grills, ssd drives, cast iron skillet and balega hidden comfort socks for running. Big fan of smartwool too.

Add..the ov glove. Got one as a gift and thought it was odd. Love it and just got two more this year as a gift as the old one was looking rough.

Fresh garlic. Forget the powder and salts. Dont waste money on the pastes or jarred crap. Get the real thing.

The slightly bulky wallet cases for the phone is definitely a compromise. It's so, so nice only having to remember to grab your phone when leaving the house.
The All-Ett is thin enough I never realize it's in my pocket when wearing jeans. However, I do see the advantage of the wallet case for khakis and shorts.

Oh yeah, Swiss Army Knife. I carry one and use it every day.
I must be the least manly man of all time. I've never once needed to use a Swiss army knife. I can't imagine needing to use one every day. Any chance there is a lube applicator on it?

Recently got a pair of Clarks. Absolutely the most comfortable dress shoes have ever worn
Had a pair years ago...loved them and wore them a ton.

Found a similar pair a little cheaper...different brand. They tore up quick. I won't go back for a casual or dress shoe. Love them. Comfortable and if you stay away from the "lightweight" styles with that foam like bottom...they last and last and last.

Oh yeah, Swiss Army Knife. I carry one and use it every day.
I must be the least manly man of all time. I've never once needed to use a Swiss army knife. I can't imagine needing to use one every day. Any chance there is a lube applicator on it?
I went years without carrying one, then one day decided to start. You would never believe how often it comes in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread