What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

Found the coupon. I'm in. Started with a stainless farmhouse sink, added two stainless freezerless fridges... then used double sided tape to stick a stainless panel to my old dishwasher. :bag:
WHere did you find the coupon? I registered with lowes "moving" page but they haven't sent me anything yet.

AAA - Well worth the $12 bucks a month for the premiere

• 200 mile tow
  • 1 Day Free Car Rental
  • Fuel Service (Gas is delivered to you at no charge if you run out, just had to use this when the gas from my wifes car was siphoned from her tank up in NYC)
  • At home locksmith service
  • Roadside Service
Agree with this, especially if married. Wife gets a flat somewhere....call AAA :thumbup:
What about when you have a flat and you're at home, and your car in the driveway? #####.

• 200 mile tow
  • 1 Day Free Car Rental
  • Fuel Service (Gas is delivered to you at no charge if you run out, just had to use this when the gas from my wifes car was siphoned from her tank up in NYC)
  • Roadside Service
Agree with this, especially if married. Wife gets a flat somewhere....call AAA :thumbup:
What about when you have a flat and you're at home, and your car in the driveway? #####.
I would still call them #Lazy

• 200 mile tow
  • 1 Day Free Car Rental
  • Roadside Service
You are not lazy, GB, you just really enjoy doing nothing.

Does anyone have a printer they believe in? I bought an Epson inkjet about a year ago because it was cheap and I'm ready to just throw it away. It doesn't work most of the time. It's constantly jamming, prints blurry, the paper doesn't go through straight, the ink heads clog easily, it won't even try to print if one cartridge is even close to low on ink. I'm just looking for something that prints documents in black and white. I have no need for color and no interest in printing photos.
Get a laser printer. Toners for any brand can be found cheaply on ebay. I've had good experiences with Lexmark, HP, Samsung.
something like this?
If you go this route, let me know and Ill see if I can get you a good price on Toner, I can usually beat ebay, but sometimes it's just better to get them there, it all depends on my vendors.

Does anyone have a printer they believe in? I bought an Epson inkjet about a year ago because it was cheap and I'm ready to just throw it away. It doesn't work most of the time. It's constantly jamming, prints blurry, the paper doesn't go through straight, the ink heads clog easily, it won't even try to print if one cartridge is even close to low on ink. I'm just looking for something that prints documents in black and white. I have no need for color and no interest in printing photos.
Get a laser printer. Toners for any brand can be found cheaply on ebay. I've had good experiences with Lexmark, HP, Samsung.
something like this?
Good topic, I'm about ready to chuck my inkjet. The last 2 I've had over the past 10 years just burn through ink. Tired of crappy looking or way too expensive print jobs. There doesn't seem to be anything solid and in between the two (full price name brand ink or low quality refill ink) for ink jet.

SO...is a laser printer the answer? If so, any suggestions for a good color printer?
I use this one and it's absolutely outstanding: http://www.amazon.com/HP-LaserJet-CP1525nw-Printer-CE875A/dp/B0044XSNHG (check other places for a better price though)

I used heavy color in my side business and this printed better than the professional prints I paid for at Office Depot, Fed Ex, etc.

Only caveat is that you have to use the HP brand ink...don't cheap out on the generic.

If you want great quality, this is it.
Disagree

cardpool.com

About to drop good money on a purchase? Check cardpool first to see if there are any giftcards. The electronic ones typically comes pretty quickly as well, so you can save good money just by buying a GC.

• 200 mile tow
  • 1 Day Free Car Rental
  • Roadside Service
Strong notebook.

Yes, when you're dressed for work and it's 100 degrees outside......calling AAA to change the flat instead of changing clothes, sweating your ### off to change the tire, taking a shower again and getting dressed....is clutch

Yes, when you're dressed for work and it's 100 degrees outside......calling AAA to change the flat instead of changing clothes, sweating your ### off to change the tire, taking a shower again and getting dressed....is clutch
Yep. I've swapped axles, let alone simple tire changes... but If it's hot out, I'm dressed for work and I have someone who will do it for free? You better believe I'll tap that resource. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
waze is maddening. it works great in some places, but awful in others.

it always tells me to take one of 2 stupid routes to work and claims it will learn my favorite if I just keep driving it. the way I go is faster be several minutes than its suggestion.

it was really good in southern california for getting around traffic jams.

Getting anything other than a Bosch dishwasher is a mistake.

What sold me is the lack of a heating element and the lack of a garbage disposal.

Sure, it takes an extra second or two to scrub the dishes, but it's two less major things that can go wrong with it.

And no concern about "top rack only" since there is no heating coil to melt items.

Ok but the bottom rack tine design is terrible. How do you fit bowls in there.
We have two kids and have never dealt with any issues on a day to day basis. Not sure what kind of bowls you're concerned with.

If it's a larger bowl, the top rack would work.

And to be fair, perhaps they've changed the design. That I don't know. My Bosch is several years old.

waze is maddening. it works great in some places, but awful in others.

it always tells me to take one of 2 stupid routes to work and claims it will learn my favorite if I just keep driving it. the way I go is faster be several minutes than its suggestion.

it was really good in southern california for getting around traffic jams.
Where are you now?

Found the coupon. I'm in. Started with a stainless farmhouse sink, added two stainless freezerless fridges... then used double sided tape to stick a stainless panel to my old dishwasher. :bag:
WHere did you find the coupon? I registered with lowes "moving" page but they haven't sent me anything yet.
Lowes moving page? I'm moving in a couple of weeks. Where is this, what do you get, and is there anywhere else that has moving specials?

Waze is good stuff. Been using it the last few days to get around Dallas and I'm becoming a believer. Everyone should be using this app for navigation imo. The more the better!
Does Waze eat a lot of data? I was with a friend at a concert a couple weeks ago and he left it going on his phone, and it drained the battery.

Looking for a good beach chair recommendation.

A) I'm not looking for some gigantic recliner monstrosity

B) I hate the chairs that pinch up and slide in those over the shoulder bags
Just picked up a Tommy Bahama from Costco. I just tried it out in the basement, but it seems pretty nice. And like always, if at any point you're not happy with it, lifetime returns.
got one of these too. it's a pretty good chair.

Waze is good stuff. Been using it the last few days to get around Dallas and I'm becoming a believer. Everyone should be using this app for navigation imo. The more the better!
Does Waze eat a lot of data? I was with a friend at a concert a couple weeks ago and he left it going on his phone, and it drained the battery.
It's more about the use of GPS than the data. GPS is a battery hog.

[icon] said:
Mr. Ected said:
Psychopav said:
It's more about the use of GPS than the data. GPS is a battery hog.
So you aren't pulling a bunch of info from the others to get the traffic?

Chaos Commish said:
[icon] said:
Chaos Commish said:
http://www.lowes.com/Appliances/_/N-1z13elr/pc
There is a 10% off major appliances coupon good through tomorrow. I thought I linked to it, but I guess you have to go through a preceding link. I started at slickdeals here.

http://slickdeals.net/coupons/lowes/

10% Off Major Appliances $369+Click to View OfferClick to Activate / Show Coupon

Free delivery and haul away. Some restrictions apply. Excludes clearance items, Dacor, ICON, Fisher & Paykel, GE Caf�© brand, water heaters, room air conditioners, previous sales and services.
Not sure what you did to piss off Lowes but it looks like they're excluding you from this one, GB

Because of this thread I've bought 12 pairs ExOfficios boxer briefs (They are awesome, started with one pair.) & 2 bottles of Incredible Stain Remover
That incredible stain remover doesn't get out blood stains from the carpet of a sedan's trunk. Just saying.
Oh yeah it does. It says so right there on the bottle!

Because of this thread I've bought 12 pairs ExOfficios boxer briefs (They are awesome, started with one pair.) & 2 bottles of Incredible Stain Remover
Are those boxer briefs as long as they appear?
About the middle of my thighs I guess.

I've seen Stihl products mentioned a couple of times and I was in the same camp. However my Stihl weedeater stopped working a couple of weeks ago and I was told it was because of a bad carburetor. The oil gas mix rots them out. A very common problem that Stihl has acknowledged and fixed on the newer model. What a bunch of ####### bull####. "We sold you a defective product, sorry, buy another one."

[icon] said:
Psychopav said:
Lowes moving page? I'm moving in a couple of weeks. Where is this, what do you get, and is there anywhere else that has moving specials?
http://www.lowes.com/cd_Coupon+Registration_253641591_

Check your change of address package at your local post office. Should include coupons.
This used to be the case but a year or so ago they stopped putting them in there. Anytime I was going to buy something expensive I'd go to the post office and pick up a packet (or 2), but now you have to go through the website I believe. I've since made a few email addresses just to get the coupons from Lowes.

NetnautX said:
Back to dishwashers. Im in the market and was leaning Bosch because of the reviews but the basket tines especially on the bottom rack suck. Anyone have KitchenAid? This model was the number one rated model by consumer reports last year. They do note that the KitchenAid brand has a lot of repair history though.

http://dishwashers.reviewed.com/content/kitchenaid-architect-series-ii-kdtm354dss-dishwasher-review

$989 at Sears but i have a $50 coupon.
This may very well be the model we got "free" in our package. I'd have to go back and check the model numbers. After research and doing a kitchen remodel last year, we ended up with Kitchenaid in our entire kitchen and we couldn't be happier. That includes the dishwasher. It's been just a year, but we haven't had an issue with ours at all and the only noise it makes is a gurgle on the discharge of water under the sink. It's pretty awesome. I don't have to wash the dishes before I wash the dishes AND it has a drying component to it so your dishes are relatively dry (including plastic) when it's done. Don't have to worry about "top shelf only" with ours either.

NetnautX said:
Back to dishwashers. Im in the market and was leaning Bosch because of the reviews but the basket tines especially on the bottom rack suck. Anyone have KitchenAid? This model was the number one rated model by consumer reports last year. They do note that the KitchenAid brand has a lot of repair history though.

http://dishwashers.reviewed.com/content/kitchenaid-architect-series-ii-kdtm354dss-dishwasher-review

I see you already went KitchenAid, but yeah.... the bottom rack sucks on the Bosch. Our landlord got one on mega-sale at Best Buy and we're glad to have it (it's quiet as hell) but the bottom rack leaves a lot to be desired in terms of handling bowls. If you're using nothing but plates and cups this thing would rock. But fitting cereal and "kids snack" bowls can get squirrely.

Mad Cow said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
shuke said:
Tiger Fan said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

• 200 mile tow
  • 1 Day Free Car Rental
  • Roadside Service
You are not lazy, GB, you just really enjoy doing nothing.
I've done this before...a couple of times.

And don't pay for a service. I did GM Motor Club for years. Towing and flat tire coverage through your car insurance is insanely cheap.

NetnautX said:

I see you already went KitchenAid, but yeah.... the bottom rack sucks on the Bosch. Our landlord got one on mega-sale at Best Buy and we're glad to have it (it's quiet as hell) but the bottom rack leaves a lot to be desired in terms of handling bowls. If you're using nothing but plates and cups this thing would rock. But fitting cereal and "kids snack" bowls can get squirrely.
I don't get this at all. I can line up 8 bowls without issue on the bottom and kids snack bowl fit better on the top rack where they probably belong.

I don't expect people to appraise their own property so you shouldn't expect me to change my own tire. I'll leave it to the professionals.

Anyone know if you can use the Lowes coupons & a Lowes card? The card gives 5% off.

When it comes to headphones or earbuds in the $20-50 range, I've never been disappointed with Sony, great quality/value for a throw around pair of headphones. I'm at the point that I hardly even consider other brands when replacing my desktop headphones every couple years, I just go straight for Sony.

Anybody have a go to brand of headphone/earbud in that $20-50 range? Is Skullcandy any good? They come off as gimicky to me with the colors and skulls and stuff but they've been prominent on the shelves of Best Buy for years.

I like the Cremo shaving cream referenced in here. Using Dorco blades (they supply Dollar Shave Club but you can buy direct) and a good shave.

If I make sure to dry the blade after using I am getting 5-7 shaves out of each blade.
Not a specific product, but you can get way more shaves out of each blade by doing this:

http://gizmodo.com/the-easy-trick-to-drastically-increase-the-life-of-your-1574690193
Tried that once, didn't work for ####. The comments in this post are people saying they sharpen their blades on their forearm. :lmao: Has to be shtick.
I do this.. but it isn't sharpening. Smoothing would be a better way to describe it. Run it a dozen times or so over hair on forearm.

Works pretty well. :shrug:

6 weeks on current blade.
I run my razor across jeans before every time I shave, about 20 swipes. It works for me, and I agree that smoothing is the better way to describe it. Blades last way longer because I'm not getting razor burn and an even shave. You are doing it in the opposite direction, right?

When it comes to headphones or earbuds in the $20-50 range, I've never been disappointed with Sony, great quality/value for a throw around pair of headphones. I'm at the point that I hardly even consider other brands when replacing my desktop headphones every couple years, I just go straight for Sony.

Anybody have a go to brand of headphone/earbud in that $20-50 range? Is Skullcandy any good? They come off as gimicky to me with the colors and skulls and stuff but they've been prominent on the shelves of Best Buy for years.
Klipsch s4i

I paid around $100 for mine but now you can find them on Amazon for half that. Amazing quality.

So I stropped my razor on the inside my forearm and it seemed to work pretty well. Think I am going to use my thenar eminence going forward. Seems more "leathery".

Picked up two pairs of these ExOfficios underwear. My god are these awesome. Somehow keep my underparts all cool and dry feeling. I have had the same pair on for like 36 hours and including a flight to Asia after which I usually have massive swamp ###. Cool as a cucumber. Can't wait to get home and buy more, may throw out all my other underwear.

Lowes.com coupon code generator.

Has $5 off $25, $10 off $50, $20 off $100, and 10% off.
cardpool.com

About to drop good money on a purchase? Check cardpool first to see if there are any giftcards. The electronic ones typically comes pretty quickly as well, so you can save good money just by buying a GC.
Bosch Ascenta 50db Stainless Dishwasher

Starting price : $645 (after tax)

Lowes Sale = 10% Off

Humpback's Coupon Code Generator = 10% Off

Tigerfan's Cardpool site = eGift Cards purchased 7% below face value

Final Price = $484 after taxes with free delivery/haulaway

:thumbup: Great thread. Thanks for the feedback/recommendations, guys.

Extra Note: I'll vouch for Cardpool.com. Super simple. Even has a "big purchase" engine where you enter the amount you want, and it scans it's inventory for the best combo of cards (in my case, 2 cards) that gets closest to your purchase amount. Enter CC info, they emailed my eGift Cards within 2-3 minutes. Used the codes at Lowes.com and no issues at all. Took maybe 5 mins to save about $40. :thumbup:

For those ordering ExOfficios check out the sizing chart. According to amazon, large is a waist size of 35 - 39. Medium is 32 - 35. They also have XL and XXL.

Users who are viewing this thread