What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

My daughter has one but she said it took forever to dry.   She ended up getting a separate dryer.
yeah after reading some reviews on Amazon (also a cheaper price, FYI), I'm thinking it might not work well for me, with the high humidity we have in these parts. That one review says drying time up to 6 HOURS for a large load of clothes if you want them all the way dry. Eek. And considering it's about the price of some of the newer traditional pairs, may not be the best fit. 
I think one of these would be better in an apartment or in a vacation rental unit, both where space is an issue. Would be nice in an apartment where there was laundry available in the basement, for larger loads like towels/sheets, but being able to just do a quick load would be great without having to run up and down to the basement.

Any recommendations for a multi-port 3.0 USB Hub? I need about 10 ports. So if I needed to, I could do 2 smaller ones.

TIA.

psychobillies said:
No, because it's a hose.  If I had known I was supposed to, I wouldn't have bothered with it.  Seems very impractical.
Any way any of you guys see being able to store it outside and still protect it?  Is it the cold that stresses the material?

Referring to the flex hose that sez to store it inside.

not sure what the privacy settings are on this FB link, but some guy reviewed the Yeti tumblers and coozie vs. the Ozark Trails model from Walmart, and the OT ones performed almost exactly like the Yetis, for less than $10

https://www.facebook.com/Whoisthisreally/posts/10205893033073543?pnref=story
Sadly discontinued and out of stock .
There were supposedly some/1 at a Walmart I was driving by yesterday so I stopped in. Didn't see it but they did have this one for $14.88 http://www.amazon.com/Mossy-Oak-Stainless-Steel-Tumbler/dp/B01A6EHWPU Observations:

Yeti is 379 grams, Mossy is 369 grams so Yeti is a little heavier material. Mossy is a little taller and holds a couple more ounces when filled to the top. I put 6 ice cubes in each this morning at 1030am. It's now 830pm and both still have ice left but the Yeti has a bit more. Yeti ice left is 35 grams, Mossy is 23 grams. Close but not quite Yeti performance but as long as I can keep ice water cold all day in my car during the summer I'm fine with it.

I was extremely skeptical of the new washer/dryer combo units, but my wife really pressed me for one. It's turned out to be one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Throw clothes in dirty, they come out clean and dry.  Ventless, so no vent or lint trap to worry about burning your house down. Dries using condensation, pumps the water out just like a wash cycle.  Also, doesn't seem to shrink fabrics the same way a regular dryer does; I accidentally put my wife's favorite sweaters in with a dryer cycle over the weekend, and they came out perfectly.

We bought this:

http://m.jcpenney.com/lg-43-cu-ft-high-efficiency-front-load-washerdryer-combo/prod.jump?ppId=pp5006380175&selectedSKUId=85503030018&selectedLotId=8550303&fromBag=true&utm_content=%7Bio-query:iotid%7D&gclid=Cj0KEQjwoYi4BRDF_PHHu6rI7NMBEiQAKZ-JuF9C29-WQiu2pHi9GDkWFyC-_LeGRpf5Xpdmps2wp7AaArxd8P8HAQ&cm_mmc=google%20non-brand-_-G_DSA_Shopping-_-93979780965-_-DSA&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid%20search
My wife does a lot of laundry. So much, that I think we need 2 washers and 2 dryers.

2 of these might serve the same purpose and take up half the space.

My wife does a lot of laundry. So much, that I think we need 2 washers and 2 dryers.

2 of these might serve the same purpose and take up half the space.
Maybe, but they do take longer.  Probably twice as long per load as using a washer and a dryer.  Might just make things tougher for you guys.

Maybe, but they do take longer.  Probably twice as long per load as using a washer and a dryer.  Might just make things tougher for you guys.
A lot of time gets wasted in between the washer finishing and putting the clothes in the dryer. To be able to load a machine with dirty clothes and come back three hours later to dry, clean clothes sounds much more efficient use of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
psychobillies said:
No, because it's a hose.  If I had known I was supposed to, I wouldn't have bothered with it.  Seems very impractical.
Just get a regular rubber hose. None of that plastic BS. I've had three 50 ft hoses for 18 years & leave them outside over the winter (Minnesota). They're still good as new.

A lot of time gets wasted in between the washer finishing and putting the clothes in the dryer. To be able to load a machine with dirty clothes and come back two hours later to dry, clean clothes sounds much more efficient use of time.
More like 3-3.5. It's incredibly convenient, but not for a house that does lots of laundry in a day.

And I guess 3-3.5 is for the sanitizing/allergy cycles, that's what I use.  They take an extra 30-45 minutes, I think.

More like 3-3.5. It's incredibly convenient, but not for a house that does lots of laundry in a day.
I would do laundry more often if it was only one step like this.

Even better would be if it had a timer (maybe it does) so that you could have the dryer finish when you're ready to put them away.

Stupid question on the single washer/dryers. Do you just use liquid fabric softener, or is there some way for it to dispense a dryer sheet? (I did say stupid!! ;)  )

Any way any of you guys see being able to store it outside and still protect it?  Is it the cold that stresses the material?

Referring to the flex hose that sez to store it inside.
It's junk.  Kind of cool for the first week or so, then they just leak.  Probably nothing to do with the cold.  Plus you can't repair them, like a you can a normal hose.  

I've had some of the Duluth Trading Company firehose pants for about a year now, and they're by a wide margin the best work pants I've ever had.  I didn't get the tool holsters, but think I might.  They just bend and stretch very well, feel good during long field service days, and handle 80 degree days well.  I haven't used them in real southern heat, so I can't comment on that.

Oh, and the kneepads are pretty cool - they pack small enough that I can throw them in my backpack, then slide them in if needed.  They're nothing like a real set of molded plastic kneepads, but I had to kneel down for a couple of hours to rewire an electrical enclosure and loved the squishy kneepads slid into the pants.

Thought the vacuum recommendation was from this thread, but I bought the Shark NV501 and it works great. The one I got was supposed to be used/display model (seller that's $119) and it's brand new, only missing some glider thing (?) that I'd never use.

Best $30 I've ever spent is this CoolStream Duo bluetooth receiver.  My car has a great stereo system but it is too old for bluetooth. It came wired up with an iPad cable that I used for a while but it became tedious. I hooked up the CoolStream Duo and immediately began playing books and music off my phone. Now the cable is stuffed under the dash and bluetooth works perfect.

Has anyone mentioned Honda motors?  Cars and lawnmowers, they last a long time. 
:goodposting:

I Have a 12ish year old :homer: Honda push mower that I had forgotten outside one winter full of crap gas...flooded with rain repeatedly. Started right up with fresh fuel. Started making noise after that summer and had a guy look at it. Something about the cyl being ####ed up and it could go anytime. This was like 2 years ago. Still starts on the first pull. I think I've changed the plug once (after that winter outside). 

Honda small engines are pretty much impossible to kill. 

I've got a Honda Pressure washer that is invincible.  Going on 10 years now.  It's been loaned out many times and beaten to death, but it always comes back ready to go.  One pull, every time.  I have had to replace the pull cord a couple of times.

Had my first issue with a honda engine (in a generator) this past year.  Of course it was the day before the huge snow storm when I pulled it out of the shed and put it on the deck just waiting for the power to go out.  I pulled....and pulled....and pulled.....no go.  Put in some of that "starter fuel", still nothing.  Pulled so much the cord broke.  Took it to a local small engine shop for a very quick tune up the next morning.  Had to drive out at 3 PM the day of the storm to pick it up (same day service!!).  Nearly wrecked on the way home.

And of course the power never went out.

Had my first issue with a honda engine (in a generator) this past year.  Of course it was the day before the huge snow storm when I pulled it out of the shed and put it on the deck just waiting for the power to go out.  I pulled....and pulled....and pulled.....no go.  Put in some of that "starter fuel", still nothing.  Pulled so much the cord broke.  Took it to a local small engine shop for a very quick tune up the next morning.  Had to drive out at 3 PM the day of the storm to pick it up (same day service!!).  Nearly wrecked on the way home.

And of course the power never went out.
So what was wrong with it?  Spark plug?

:goodposting:

I Have a 12ish year old :homer: Honda push mower that I had forgotten outside one winter full of crap gas...flooded with rain repeatedly. Started right up with fresh fuel. Started making noise after that summer and had a guy look at it. Something about the cyl being ####ed up and it could go anytime. This was like 2 years ago. Still starts on the first pull. I think I've changed the plug once (after that winter outside). 

Honda small engines are pretty much impossible to kill. 
Same here - 14 yr old self propelled mower with key start.  I don't want to jinx myself but no problems ever.  And I haven't had it serviced and I don't take good care of these kinds of things.  

Best $30 I've ever spent is this CoolStream Duo bluetooth receiver.  My car has a great stereo system but it is too old for bluetooth. It came wired up with an iPad cable that I used for a while but it became tedious. I hooked up the CoolStream Duo and immediately began playing books and music off my phone. Now the cable is stuffed under the dash and bluetooth works perfect.
Thanks, didn't know this existed.  Just bought one to put on our Bose sound dock for home use.

Incredible stain remover success stories to date:

blood out of carpet, shirts, stuffed animal

paint of some sort of my sons shoes

marker out of my sons shirt

I looked at a Filson travel bag last week.  I think I may pick one up for 2-3 day business trips as a carry on.  Anyone have experience with Filson?

I looked at a Filson travel bag last week.  I think I may pick one up for 2-3 day business trips as a carry on.  Anyone have experience with Filson?
I don't, but it reminds me to recommend luggage from ebags.

I picked up this bag about three years ago after realizing that Samsonite has become single-use disposable crap.  The reason I bought it was the warranty - if you look at the warranty on most luggage, it excludes zippers and wheels... you know, the only things that ever break on luggage.  Ebags has a lifetime warranty on theirs that covers everything.  I had a wheel break, so I contacted them.  They gave me a choice of replacing the bag, taking it to a repair center, or having them send me parts.  I chose the latter and did the replacement, it worked well.  The customer service was good.

As for the bag itself, I really like it.  I travel for work to industrial sites, and particularly on container ships over the past few years.  This bag has gone through a ton of rough travel and only had the one wheel issue, which was resolved quickly.  This comes after going through a new suitcase annually leading up to this purchase.  The price is good, too.

I don't, but it reminds me to recommend luggage from ebags.

I picked up this bag about three years ago after realizing that Samsonite has become single-use disposable crap.  The reason I bought it was the warranty - if you look at the warranty on most luggage, it excludes zippers and wheels... you know, the only things that ever break on luggage.  Ebags has a lifetime warranty on theirs that covers everything.  I had a wheel break, so I contacted them.  They gave me a choice of replacing the bag, taking it to a repair center, or having them send me parts.  I chose the latter and did the replacement, it worked well.  The customer service was good.

As for the bag itself, I really like it.  I travel for work to industrial sites, and particularly on container ships over the past few years.  This bag has gone through a ton of rough travel and only had the one wheel issue, which was resolved quickly.  This comes after going through a new suitcase annually leading up to this purchase.  The price is good, too.

Is this bag airline carry on size??

Been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and less carbohydrates.  A good sign that I'm old.

Anyway, I bought this.  It is simple, easy to use, easy to clean, and turns any vegetable or hard fruit into "pasta" looking strands.  Fifteen bucks on Amazon.  Love it.
I use a similar device ever week. I saute one large zucchini (strands) and then a 1/4 of almond milk, some salt, garlic and pepper and about 2 ozs of goat cheese. Add in some chicken and its a fantastic meal

Users who are viewing this thread