What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

Might have missed in in the thread, but does anyone have a recommendation on a non-stick pan for eggs etc?

I want to use as little oil/butter as possible.  Most of the pans I have had work great for a few months and then progressively worse.

Thanks
I can't stand cast iron and in my quest for non-stick finally settled on ceramic. I have tried several brands and to be honest they all experience the same degradation you describe. At first they clean up by simply running hot water over them. Then in a couple months you have to run a damp rag over a few spots. And a few months later you need to take a plastic brillo to it. I have yet to find a ceramic that lasts. I could probably get them to last longer by hand washing but I put everything in the dishwasher. Green Life is what I currently have now and it has lasted the longest, but one of them is about to get thrown away. The good news is they're fairly cheap.

I can't stand cast iron and in my quest for non-stick finally settled on ceramic. I have tried several brands and to be honest they all experience the same degradation you describe. At first they clean up by simply running hot water over them. Then in a couple months you have to run a damp rag over a few spots. And a few months later you need to take a plastic brillo to it. I have yet to find a ceramic that lasts. I could probably get them to last longer by hand washing but I put everything in the dishwasher. Green Life is what I currently have now and it has lasted the longest, but one of them is about to get thrown away. The good news is they're fairly cheap.

Green pan - cheap and work great, no oil needed at all.  Don't know how long it will last.

SWC said:
hey black hose guys does that hose sort of not kink that much like the el crapofantastico green stuff man that makes me mad you can not coil up the green stuff cause its always kinking up and then you just want to punch a cow man i hate those hoses when they kink take that to the bank bromigos 
I'm not sure you could kink it if you tried to.

Does anyone with an induction range have pans to recommend?  It's hard to find pans that are compatible.

Every once in a while you have to reseason it.  Clean it (NEVER use soa)  then rub it down with oil. Turn the burner on high until it smokes.  Turn off, allow to cool.  Repeat and wipe off excess oil.  Will be good as new.  My CIS has been my primary for 13 years now and still love it. 

Anyone with a good backpack icechest suggestion?  All of the ones I've ever had have ended up leaking down my back eventually

The sale price was $9-$30.  Based on the size and color you select, the price is different.  As far as I know, you have to hunt around to see what you can get.  I found no mediums that were $9, but the black mediums were $14, so I got a couple of pairs.

Cooper GFE is the same kind of tire as Michelin Energy Saver.  If they don't make those for your current car either, maybe go Michelin Defender.  Great tire across the board.  Wouldn't use any of them for an area that needs snow tires, of course.
Putting a set of Cooper Ultra Touring on my Subaru Hatchback, rarely if ever would see snow but a lot of rain down here in Florida. Set of 4, 60k miles, $500 out the door, didn't think that was bad. I have had good luck with Cooper on most of my cars. Mich/GY/Bridge/Fire, all seem a little on the high side. 

I don't get it.  Are these crappier material or something?  Been waiting to add to my stash of these and throw out the rest of my underwear ... at this price it's a no brainer unless I'm missing something?
there was a 5 page long thread about them on another board i follow...everything seemed to be legit...ordered my first pair :excited:

there was a 5 page long thread about them on another board i follow...everything seemed to be legit...ordered my first pair :excited:
I probably have 5 or 6 pairs at this point.  I rarely wear anything else.  Just picked up four more pairs at those prices, which is less than I paid initially -- thanks for posting :thumbup:  

Yeah, I've had 2 pairs plus a pair of Duluths that are equivalent.  I picked up 2 more to make a full week.

I don't get it.  Are these crappier material or something?  Been waiting to add to my stash of these and throw out the rest of my underwear ... at this price it's a no brainer unless I'm missing something?

wtf ...these went up twice in price in just the last hour.  I put it on my list at $14.50.  I went back in to look at my list a while later and it was $15 something.  

Now it shows as $16.31.  That is some bull ####.  

I probably have 5 or 6 pairs at this point.  I rarely wear anything else.  Just picked up four more pairs at those prices, which is less than I paid initially -- thanks for posting :thumbup:  
Picked up 4 also, had one from a previous deal years ago ($16.25). 

Just order two pairs of these underwear you're all raving about. 

I'll let let you know what my junk thinks of them after they arrive. 

I guess I just don't get the whole "spend lots of money on underwear" deal.  Unless there is a tag on the back that's very itchy, I don't usually find anything wrong with them.

16.25 is considered a good deal?  I have a few pairs of Ex-Officio from a 2 for 1 a year or two back but $16 for a single pair of underwear is ridiculous, even for good underwear.

16.25 is considered a good deal?  I have a few pairs of Ex-Officio from a 2 for 1 a year or two back but $16 for a single pair of underwear is ridiculous, even for good underwear.
I can only say that I received them in the mail yesterday and wore a pair today.  It feels like a stripper has been blowing cool air on my junk all morning in a very pleasant  way.

Been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and less carbohydrates.  A good sign that I'm old.

Anyway, I bought this.  It is simple, easy to use, easy to clean, and turns any vegetable or hard fruit into "pasta" looking strands.  Fifteen bucks on Amazon.  Love it.
I have one of these.  Love it.  Zucchini "pasta" is currently a staple.  

I guess I just don't get the whole "spend lots of money on underwear" deal.  Unless there is a tag on the back that's very itchy, I don't usually find anything wrong with them.
They're awesome for the days you are really active and they're great for trips where you will not be showering and wearing the same clothes for a couple days in a row. Probably overkill for day-to-day wear unless you're a big ###-sweater.

Ordered. I haven't been this ####ing jacked since the day I ordered those smiley dish sponges!   :excited:
Love those.

And the zucchini pasta:

Pat it dry after you make the "pasta" - zucchini will release a lot of water when you cook it.

Heat the sauce up first, then toss the "pasta" into it to simmer for about five minutes, then eat.  It's rad.

Been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and less carbohydrates.  A good sign that I'm old.

Anyway, I bought this.  It is simple, easy to use, easy to clean, and turns any vegetable or hard fruit into "pasta" looking strands.  Fifteen bucks on Amazon.  Love it.
I have one of these.  Love it.  Zucchini "pasta" is currently a staple.  

I've been eating it with these sauces and a protein.  So good

http://www.suburble.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Blue-Dragon-Stir-Fry-Sauces-Suburble.com-1-of-1.jpg

E-Z Glider said:
They're awesome for the days you are really active and they're great for trips where you will not be showering and wearing the same clothes for a couple days in a row. Probably overkill for day-to-day wear unless you're a big ###-sweater.
I sometimes have to work in the engine room of large container ships, where it's 90 degrees, all the humidity, and I'm crawling around pipes.  On those trips, I think I'd be willing to pay $10 per day to wear good underwear.  They're also great for travel days to Europe where you end up awake for almost 2 days.

And while they may be overkill for regular days, they still go on the top of the underwear stack every laundry cycle.

I sometimes have to work in the engine room of large container ships, where it's 90 degrees, all the humidity, and I'm crawling around pipes.  On those trips, I think I'd be willing to pay $10 per day to wear good underwear.  They're also great for travel days to Europe where you end up awake for almost 2 days.

And while they may be overkill for regular days, they still go on the top of the underwear stack every laundry cycle.
This is probably the first full work day in ten years that my jumblies haven't itched and/or stuck to my leg by the end of the day.  I'm a convert.

Borax.

I've started using this in place of the blue toilet cleaner stuff. It's non toxic, and I think you could eat it if you were so inclined. And it works better - gets out stains and everything.

And it's dirt cheap.

I've been putting my knock-off 30 oz. Yeti cup through paces over the past few weeks. Sitting in a car with the windows up all day in 90 degree heat with a lot of direct sun, it takes about 10 hours for the ice to fully melt (and it's still refreshingly cold for a  while after that). 

Also nice for baseball games. Our local park refuses to sell ice water for any price (and the water fountains don't usually work, which doesn't seem legal for a place that sells beer to people sitting in the hot sun). I don't mind buying bottled water, but they get hot in about 15 minutes. The SIC cup loaded with ice and refilled in the bathroom sink works like a charm. 

Update: Been sporting those expensive underwear for a couple of weeks now and they're fine but not life altering. Good thing I didn't spend too much on those 2 pair of underwear.  Oh wait....

Users who are viewing this thread