What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrick Henry, BAL (3 Viewers)

Bracie Smathers said:
The majority of Murray's rushing yardage came on a 67-yard run, as he managed just 2.0 yards per carry outside of that play 
Wait, is this true? He's at 2.0 ypc without that 67 yard run??

Wait, is this true? He's at 2.0 ypc without that 67 yard run??
For Week 2, yes. 12-89 less the 67 yarder = 11-22

For the season, Murray is averaging 2.7 yards per carry if you remove his longest run.

Henry is 14-43 on the season with a long of 9 yards.

For the season, Henry is averaging 2.6 yards per carry if you remove his longest run.

I don't know what I'm missing but I've watched all the play this year. All those people saying Henry is about to breakout and that he has looked good are high in my opinion. I see a big lumbering Brandon Jacobs type with very stiff hips and not a lot of wiggle. I'm not saying Murray is great but I don't see Henry as being close to taking over at all. He only seems to play when Murray is winded. 

Again I'm just checking to see if someone can tell me what I'm missing? I see people ranking Henry very high on dynasty ranks and generally moving him up. He hasn't looked good to me, team running game hasn't looked good. It seems like wishful thinking to me with no real basis other than hope

Why do you think this is?  I thought they had the makings of a pretty strong run blocking offensive line especially with the addition of the first round lineman.  I haven't been watching nor do I won any of the Titan RBs but traded away Murray because I felt that Henry would eventually supplant him at some point this year.  

I am not sure when it happens but was only sharing  Franciscovich 's story because he is someone who I recently have begun to notice as having 'decent' takes.  
The Titans run game has been pretty bad for a while now.  I'm not sure why one draft pick would change that.  It's 50/50 that a 1st round lineman ever works out, significantly less that he becomes a very good player in his 1st year.  And even in that rare scenario (10% at best?) it's still just one guy out of five.

The Titans run game has been pretty bad for a while now.  I'm not sure why one draft pick would change that.  It's 50/50 that a 1st round lineman ever works out, significantly less that he becomes a very good player in his 1st year.  And even in that rare scenario (10% at best?) it's still just one guy out of five.
Four new linemen since midway thru last season

Demarco is the #1 RB in my 0.5ppr league after 3 weeks and has at least 5 receptions in each game.

Furthermore, he's averaging nearly 6ypc and the focal point of the offense.

Henry is averaging 3.7ypc and is absent in the passing game.

Titans schedule is about as soft as it gets versus the run ROS. I would trade for Demarco now, unless it's already too late.

Bump. Anyone seeing what Murray is doing behind this OL and thinking now is the time to sniff around in dynasty, when Henry isn't participating much and people might forget how good he looked in preseason? 

If Murray gets hurt at any point, there will be no getting on the Henry train at a reasonable price. 

I am barely holding onto him in two leagues with short benches. I may just have to play him this week cuz I don't want to drop him. He is definetly the back up to own if Murray ever gets dinged. Dynasty, I agree 100% with you.

Picking him up where I can right now in dynasty. Murray has been great, but Henry is the future. Now is the time act people!

I am barely holding onto him in two leagues with short benches. I may just have to play him this week cuz I don't want to drop him. He is definetly the back up to own if Murray ever gets dinged. Dynasty, I agree 100% with you.
I'm blessed (cursed) with a long redraft bench, so he'll be down there in slot 18 for the duration. If he ever gets a chance, look out. But otherwise not much value for 2016.

bostonfred said:
Curious how low people are able to get him.  I have him as a top 10 dynasty rb.
Don't think it was "low", but yesterday in a 14 team PPR I dealt Abdullah/Martavis/Enunwa/late 1st (devy league) for Henry. 

Trying to decide if it's worth dealing Saquon Barkley in a package for him in another league.

This is it.  His fantasy coming out party.  Nice first half with a TD, and Murray pulled up lame right at the end of the first half.  Playing way ahead, lots of clock to run, and Henry is just going to grind out this second half.

:popcorn:  

I just didn't like the matchup for Howard against MIN this week, so feeling pretty good that I decided this would be a good week to plug in Henry for the first time. 

:thumbup:  

Bump. Anyone seeing what Murray is doing behind this OL and thinking now is the time to sniff around in dynasty, when Henry isn't participating much and people might forget how good he looked in preseason? 

If Murray gets hurt at any point, there will be no getting on the Henry train at a reasonable price. 
Hope everyone bought before he had a chance to show his stuff.

They had 2 prime match ups before this and he was barely involved.

should have seen this coming with Demarco missing a practice this week. Even if it was for "rest"

Just handcuffed Henry to Murray earlier this week in my redraft. Glad I did it even though it turned out to be expensive.

Watching Tenn run the ball...one can tell that they have some seriously good plays for their style RB's.

Titans coach Mike Mularkey said DeMarco Murray will undergo an MRI on his injured toe.
Mularkey said he doesn't believe the injury is serious, so this could just be a case of the Titans doing their due diligence. Murray left Thursday night's game late in the first half but returned after halftime and finished with 123 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries. Second-round rookie Derrick Henry is next up on the Titans' running back depth chart, though we're still expecting Murray to suit up against San Diego in Week 9.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter
Oct 28 - 1:37 PM

Titans coach Mike Mularkey said Derrick Henry's workloads will remain gameflow dependent.

"It was just the flow of how the game was going," said Mularkey on Henry's season-high 16 carries. "We've done a good job with these guys. I think it's more of how the game is going along." Henry had 97 total yards and a touchdown Thursday night after getting three carries the last two games. He got most of his work when DeMarco Murray (toe) left late in the first half. The Titans are going to remain a one-back offense, but Henry could push for standalone value with matchups against San Diego and the Colts two of the next three weeks. Murray is on pace for a league-high 320 carries.

Source: titansonline.com

Starting him over Ryan Mathews.
Eh, really want to, but starting Antone Smith tonight. Wish had more time to see what is going on with Demarco but just had so many weeks with him where he only gets 3 carries. That team is just riding Demarco into the ground. Would love what I was seeing of Demarco usage if I was Henry dyno owner.

I'm holding him on my bench until we see Demarco dip in production due to overuse/injury/etc.. Murray is just too good to not feed, and even with like 10 carries a game Henry won't make it in my starting lineup in my 10 teamer.

Major bust for most people, especially those of us who finally had to start him yesterday due to byes, only to see him get hurt and put up a fat zero. What a waste of a pick this year.  :wall:

I'd have to be in dire need of a roster spot to drop Henry at this point in redraft. He's on Murray injury away from being a league-winner.

Major bust for most people, especially those of us who finally had to start him yesterday due to byes, only to see him get hurt and put up a fat zero. What a waste of a pick this year.  :wall:
Yep....huge let down. Now the injury. I got absolutely nothing out of him.

What is Murray's contract situation?  I need to drop Henry but I also can keep him for next year if he remains on my roster all season.  I also have this option with Ware as well but can only keep one.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/cap/

2017 $6.25M fully guaranteed and dead money

2018 $6.5M none guaranteed or dead money

He's there one more year regardless.  2018 is pretty unlikely given his age and Henry's presence but it's certainly not impossible.  If Henry struggles or has injury concerns and Murray is still producing Murray could be there 2018 also.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/cap/

2017 $6.25M fully guaranteed and dead money

2018 $6.5M none guaranteed or dead money

He's there one more year regardless.  2018 is pretty unlikely given his age and Henry's presence but it's certainly not impossible.  If Henry struggles or has injury concerns and Murray is still producing Murray could be there 2018 also.
$6.5M is cheap if Murray is still performing. He'll be 29 next year and 30 in 2018. He has only had 1 big carry year before this year, so he could easily play two. I hate to repeat what I posted way early in this thread (I told people who thought Henry was going to take over early season they were crazy), but Murray looks better, period. Henry hasn't looked bad but the preseason carries were a bad sample. Henry got stopped easily against Carolina's starters and ran wild against guys who didn't make the team. His hype wasn't based on real NFL carries. I'm not saying he won't be good, but even next year, he's a handcuff IMHO. Murray, barring injury, will be the main back again next year.

He won my match up for me last week.  A handcuff contributing for a week seems reasonable. :shrug:

$6.5M is cheap if Murray is still performing. He'll be 29 next year and 30 in 2018. He has only had 1 big carry year before this year, so he could easily play two. I hate to repeat what I posted way early in this thread (I told people who thought Henry was going to take over early season they were crazy), but Murray looks better, period. Henry hasn't looked bad but the preseason carries were a bad sample. Henry got stopped easily against Carolina's starters and ran wild against guys who didn't make the team. His hype wasn't based on real NFL carries. I'm not saying he won't be good, but even next year, he's a handcuff IMHO. Murray, barring injury, will be the main back again next year.
That's what I just said.

Can a guy with a late 6th round ADP really be a "major bust".  I mean RBs picked there hit at like a 10% rate.  They've always been lotto tickets that you hope can work out but don't expect to.

Can a guy with a late 6th round ADP really be a "major bust".  I mean RBs picked there hit at like a 10% rate.  They've always been lotto tickets that you hope can work out but don't expect to.
Agree especially when that ADP was massively inflated by pure speculation about playing time.  People drafted a handcuff too early and now they complain about it - does not compute.

Henry has looked better as a receiver, though.

That's what I just said.
Not really. You said he's there in 2017 because it's guaranteed and you said it's unlikely he stays in 2018 at his age, but he might if Henry isn't performing. Not sure how that equates to me saying that he's likely to stay because his contract isn't expensive. Seems like you think he's unlikely to be there and I think it is likely. 

Not really. You said he's there in 2017 because it's guaranteed and you said it's unlikely he stays in 2018 at his age, but he might if Henry isn't performing. Not sure how that equates to me saying that he's likely to stay because his contract isn't expensive. Seems like you think he's unlikely to be there and I think it is likely. 
and Murray is still producing Murray could be there 2018 also.

$6.5M is cheap if Murray is still performing.

Those are literally the same thing. 

Users who are viewing this thread