Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Derrick Henry, Titans

8 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Been watching Henry's rankings across sites and they are actually drifting LOWER.

Don't get it.

Routinely ranked after top 50 in PPR flex rankings.

Meanwhile, it's highly likely Murray sits, Henry gets all the touches, and faces a SEA run D that Hyde just ran right through.

Strange.

Very strange. Henry with ~20 touches is match-up proof in the mold of other elite RBs.

9 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Very strange. Henry with ~20 touches is match-up proof in the mold of other elite RBs.

For example, in my PPR scoring:

* Dodds: Has Henry ranked as 32nd RB (behind the likes of D. Sproles)

* Bloom: Ranked as #13 RB. Better.

* Tremblay: Ranked as #18 RB.

I'd find it very difficult to rank Henry outside the top 10 RBs this week.

Those are ridiculous rankings for this week by Dodds. I suspect Murray's hamstring issues will follow him throughout the year, Henry is gold. This is Larry Johnson/Priest Holmes II 

So confused what to do with this guy. Have him in two leagues and really want to start him in both. One league my rbs are AA and Stewart who both have great matchups but I feel like he's a better start than both. Or I can play them all and bench JJ Nelson. In my other league my RB2 is CMC with a great matchup or I can start him over MBryant which I'm leaning towards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

when was it updated though? 32nd earlier in the week?

44 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

So confused what to do with this guy. Have him in two leagues and really want to start him in both. One league my rbs are AA and Stewart who both have great matchups but I feel like he's a better start than both. Or I can play them all and bench JJ Nelson. In my other league my RB2 is CMC with a great matchup or I can start him over MBryant which I'm leaning towards. 

Bench CMC over Bryant.

43 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I think if you look at him as Leonard Fournette you'd have your answer. Henry has a better situation on offense and both have a difficult defense. I think maybe this week is TD dependent but I didn't own/draft Henry to sit him when he has his opportunity, I'll say that.

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I agree. SEA isn't a pushover but they're road dogs and have given up an average of 17ppg to RBs in ppr so far this year. Hyde and Breida combined for 159 yards last week in SEA. If their offense continues to struggles Henry will have ample opportunity to wear them down. 

There's just no way I'd sit an elite talent guaranteed volume as a home favorite. I think his DFS price and his rankings/projections across all sites is comically low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SameSongNDance said:

I agree. SEA isn't a pushover but they're road dogs and have given up an average of 17ppg to RBs in ppr so far this year. Hyde and Breida combined for 159 yards last week in SEA. If their offense continues to struggles Henry will have ample opportunity to wear them down. 

There's just no way I'd sit an elite talent guaranteed volume as a home favorite. I think his DFS price and his rankings/projections across all sites is comically low.

Right now I have him on my bench behind McCoy and Montgomery.  But I hate McCoy's matchup and really want to get Henry in my lineup this week.

Ive been waffling on Henry vs. Tevin Coleman myself.  Both seem like boom-bust types.  Id play Montgomery over either, but have to agree I'd consider sitting McCoy this week for any of these.

Never seen SSND so amped over a player before.

19 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Ive been waffling on Henry vs. Tevin Coleman myself.  Both seem like boom-bust types.  Id play Montgomery over either, but have to agree I'd consider sitting McCoy this week for any of these.

Henry get's 20 carries and Boom. Tevin may only get 10-12 with Freeman starting more potential to bust imho. 

Starting buck Allen over Henry 0.5 ppr, stupid London game... If really Intel suggests Murray out, would make decision very tough

Edited by iamkoza

4 hours ago, shadyridr said:

JJ Nelson is a risky play (injury related) , ALSO its on Monday night , so even though I think he suits up, you might want to try and factor him out of any equations if you can.

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie

1 hour ago, Chaka said:

Never seen SSND so amped over a player before.

I don't even own him haha.. although I'm trying very hard to somehow change that before tomorrow.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

I don't even own him haha.. although I'm trying very hard to somehow change that before tomorrow.

Its OK, keep staying pumped for me.... even if you can't land him anywhere.

I snagged Henry in 3/4 leagues, and the only reason not all 4 was I wanted to diversify a little.

Fortunately I'm pretty deep at RB everywhere, but I want to see Henry explode so I have another "premium option."     :excited:

I think he will be much harder to acquire after tomorrow. If you are trying to pry him from someone else, you better hope Murray plays, and at least gets some work, or looks decent in limited carries.    :ph34r:  That may keep his cost down a little a least.

TZM

This isn't what I was looking for. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports DeMarco Murray (hamstring, questionable) "more than likely" will play Week 3 against the Seahawks.

This seemed to be the way things were heading after Murray returned to a limited practice on Friday, but ESPN's Cameron Wolfe suggested Murray is unlikely to get a full workload even if he suits up. Derrick Henry will be the better fantasy play regardless of Murray's status.

Ugh,  was hoping Murray wouldn't play. I own shares of both Murray/Henry and while there's no way I was starting Murray,  I was starting Henry with confidence without Murray.  As is, I'll probably bench them both.  I can't see Murray getting that many touches,  but he could get just enough to make Henry an RB3-Flex play instead of a borderline RB1/RB2. I'll avoid the whole situation this week. 

Just now, branch0095 said:

Ugh,  was hoping Murray wouldn't play. I own shares of both Murray/Henry and while there's no way I was starting Murray,  I was starting Henry with confidence without Murray.  As is, I'll probably bench them both.  I can't see Murray getting that many touches,  but he could get just enough to make Henry an RB3-Flex play instead of a borderline RB1/RB2. I'll avoid the whole situation this week. 

I’m doing the same, I’ll play Abdullah instead of Henry now, bummer.

I have T Coleman or Chris Carson. Already have Freeman and CMC so I think I'm gonna start Henry in my flex regardless. 

I have Henry in several DFS linesup and one FF lineup. I'm not changing a thing.

Schefter has rarely ever broke a Titans story. I respect the heck out of him, but the Titans aren't usually a team that he has contacts with.

I've texted anyone and everyone to confirm this. I'll let ya know what I hear, but as of now, not one Titans reporter agrees with any notion of Murray playing a lot or his usual large role in the offense.

• Like 2

Murray seems like a proud dude. He'll rush back and make his injury worse more than likely. He hears the footsteps though which is why he's suiting up. 

Jim Wyatt usually does a periscope pregame and with all of his experience, he's near perfect guessing who will play based on how they are warming up. The game is at 4 today so, for those looking to Wyatt, you'll have to keep the time in mind. 

Tender hammy, hearing footsteps.  Murray is a gamer, but the coaches want to win this game and not start 1-2.  Henry is the better bet for that to happen.  I am keeping henry in my lineup.

Deciding between Lamar Miller and Henry. I flip back and forth...

10 hours ago, TZMarkie said:

Its OK, keep staying pumped for me.... even if you can't land him anywhere.

I snagged Henry in 3/4 leagues, and the only reason not all 4 was I wanted to diversify a little.

Fortunately I'm pretty deep at RB everywhere, but I want to see Henry explode so I have another "premium option."     :excited:

I think he will be much harder to acquire after tomorrow. If you are trying to pry him from someone else, you better hope Murray plays, and at least gets some work, or looks decent in limited carries.    :ph34r:  That may keep his cost down a little a least.

TZM

:yes: I went sort of zero rb in this year's drafts, Henry was a prime target to make it work. So he's in for 2 of my leagues.

2 hours ago, ATB said:

I have T Coleman or Chris Carson. Already have Freeman and CMC so I think I'm gonna start Henry in my flex regardless. 

I have those two, Henry and Gurley rolling in one. Giddy up!

1 hour ago, Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

Rolling with Crowell at this time.  Will see what happens before 1

I have the same decision point...been going back and forth in my mind all week.

3 hours ago, Bri said:

Jim Wyatt usually does a periscope pregame and with all of his experience, he's near perfect guessing who will play based on how they are warming up. The game is at 4 today so, for those looking to Wyatt, you'll have to keep the time in mind. 

Mind updating us when he does?

Anyone else feel like there's only two possibilities for rushing Murray back?

1.) It's a smokescreen to force Seattle to gameplan for him and not for Henry. 

2.) Murray feels Henry's breathing down his neck and knows he loses the job if he sits out to heal. 

I honestly don't think there's even a full 1% possibility that he's back to 100% health yet and this could be a major misstep for him if he plays. 

• Like 1

This is the rotoworld blurb for whatever it's worth:

DeMarco Murray (hamstring) is active for Week 3 against the Seahawks.

Reports have pegged Murray as nowhere near 100 percent. He's likely active for a limited, if not emergency, role. He's a risky RB3/FLEX in fantasy. Derrick Henry should carry the mail.

Was planning on swapping out Henry for CJ2K if Murray was active. But after a blurb like that I'm thinking I'll just stand pat.

5 minutes ago, SkippaDaFlippa said:

This is the rotoworld blurb for whatever it's worth:

Was planning on swapping out Henry for CJ2K if Murray was active. But after a blurb like that I'm thinking I'll just stand pat.

What's the source on that? Beat writer or rotoworld?

8 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Jordan Howard straight up for Henry

would you Henry owners take it?

Henry owner here. No -  I wouldn't take J Howard for D Henry

• Like 1

Wyatt said same as you've heard all week. Lot of Henry, limited if Murray plays

28 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Jordan Howard straight up for Henry

would you Henry owners take it?

If Henry were the undisputed starter I'd rather have him, but since Murray will be in the mix, I'd rather have Howard.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, conlilnew said:

So much for the Henry hype. I Should have taken that trade for Hopkins this week. 

Murray 3 carries 4 yards. Time to give up on Henry.

18 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Murray 3 carries 4 yards. Time to give up on Henry.

Doesn't matter. Mularkey is loyal to Murray to a fault.