What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrick Henry, BAL (5 Viewers)

Derrick Henry (hamstring) is active for Week 15 against the Texans.

Henry did not appear to be 100 percent in Week 14, but he avoided setbacks. Simply running over the league in the second half of the season, Henry has established himself as a top-three weekly option for the playoff-fighting Titans. Inactive for the Titans are CB Adoree’ Jackson, WR Adam Humphries, OL Kevin Pamphile, LB Daren Bates, DL Matt Dickerson, LB Sharif Finch and DL Isaiah Mack.

Dec 15, 2019, 11:32 AM ET

Derrick Henry rushed 21 times for 86 scoreless yards in the Titans' Week 15 loss to the Texans.

Henry was targeted just once in the passing game, failing to corral it. It remains a mystery why the Titans refuse to get Henry more involved in the screen game. Henry had a pair of goal line carries but failed to convert either one. Although he was spelled a few times by Dion Lewis, Henry's bulky hamstring did not appear to be an issue. He went down for a moment, but it ended up being an equipment issue. Both Henry's floor and ceiling will be lower than usual for Week 16 against the Saints, but he will remain a no-brainer RB1.

Dec 15, 2019, 6:12 PM ET

Have any links for his status this week?  I haven’t seen any updates. 
That was my guess for the week. They don't practice til Wednesday. The injured players have to "get treatment" Monday and reporters are not allowed to report what they see or hear there or risk losing privileges. 

He practiced limited today and for the open portion did "nothing much."

It doesn't really matter who or what or....with a hamstring, they will always rest the RB. They can always do some medical treatments but all in all, it needs rest.

You won't find any reporters saying anything that's not on the injury report. 

Wed, Dec 18

Derrick Henry (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

Advice: It's an upgrade from last week when Henry was unable to take the field at all. The 25-year-old bruiser was clearly hobbled in Tennessee's loss to the Texans but still handled 21 carries over Dion Lewis. The Titans must win out over their final two games to have any shot of sneaking into the postseason, so fantasy players can undoubtedly rely on Henry being available at home against the Saints this upcoming Sunday.

More: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

• Laughing
Reactions: Bri
Rotoworld:

Derrick Henry (hamstring) is questionable for Week 16 against the Saints.

It's a significant downgrade since Henry practiced in full on Friday and avoided an injury designation altogether. The Titans suddenly promoted RB Dalyn Dawkins from their practice squad to the 53-man roster, too, ominously prepping ahead of time for Henry's absence. Dion Lewis is a must-add from waivers since he would undoubtedly handle a bulk of the team's work as a strong RB2 if Henry's ruled out prior to kick-off.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Dec 21, 2019, 3:57 PM ET

Blasingame is way more like Henry than Dion, but I wouldn't want to bet my championship hopes on either. 

Might have to pivot to Jared Cook, damn. 

With the way things have gone down today, there's no way Henry plays tomorrow, right?? I only ask for those whose only viable replacement plays in tonight's game, so there's no way to wait until tomorrow for final confirmation. 

With the way things have gone down today, there's no way Henry plays tomorrow, right?? I only ask for those whose only viable replacement plays in tonight's game, so there's no way to wait until tomorrow for final confirmation. 
If you have only an option tonight you almost have to play them because it's not looking good.

wtf.you talking about they are tied wuth pittsburgh for the #6 wildcard
No, I meant with Henry not having an injury designation on Friday, and then changing to Questionable mid-day Saturday, and the Titans signing another RB to their active roster... None of these are good omens for Henry tomorrow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a ton of options but it’s guessing which lottery ticket.  PPR.  OBJ, Boone, Gallup, Anthony Miller, Sterling Shepard, Marlon Mack, Cohen, Hunt, Peterson. 

Ugh

Have a ton of options but it’s guessing which lottery ticket.  PPR.  OBJ, Boone, Gallup, Anthony Miller, Sterling Shepard, Marlon Mack, Cohen, Hunt, Peterson. 

Ugh
Honestly, I've been surprised at how many people I have heard talking about benching Mack this week. 

Dream matchup.

I’m a 10 point underdog now and Chubb is already in my lineup. I fear that Mack and Chubb have potentially low floors and TD dependent in PPR. 
Panthers give up the most points (by far) to FF RB's. Recent examples:

(non-ppr scores, since week 😎

Carson - 25.70

Freeman - 15.40/Hill - 12.20

Peterson - 15.90/Guice - 25.70

Kamara - 10.20/Murray - 12.40

A. Jones - 27.30

Henry - 21.90

Mostert - 12.0/Coleman - 35.8

Schefter tweet:

Titans’ RB Derrick Henry, downgraded to questionable on Saturday due to a hamstring injury, is not expected to play today vs. Saints, per source.

Shiz.  Can’t pivot to John Brown now since he played last night.  Guess I’m going ultra wildcard entry with Boston Scott (1.5 ppr for RBs, so not wholly desperate)

Luckily only have Henry in my 3rd place game league. Rolling with Lewis with little thought. Prob would if it was the championship game too, but in 3rd place game, not much thought needed.

Another guy who was a monster for me all year and crushed me last week.

Terrible news to hear on championship weekend. He’s been my RB1 all year as my team is built more around WR.

Dion Lewis is owned and I don’t have great options between Latavius Murray and Jamaal Williams. The cupboard and the wire is bare.

i have cook, jacobs and henry....

i did just figure out however that peterson was on the waiver wire, as is anthony miller...

Made 3 championship games largely riding Henry in all 3. Two of those I also have Jacobs. Fortunately I still have a lot of depth and options, but losing Henry is a big blow. Now relying on options like Mike Boone, Kenyan Drake, Kenny Golliday, Dion Lewis.

Drake single handedly won two semifinals for me last week, maybe someone like that can bail me out this week.

Users who are viewing this thread