What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ideas to 'solve' the Westboro Baptist church problem (1 Viewer)

Hastur

Footballguy
I'm guessing anywhere from 95-100% of Americans cannot stand WBC. The town that used sheets to block them has me thinking. What other ways can we peacefully negate their presence?

My solution:

Step 1 - Sue them. Throw an army of lawyers at them. Get them completely riled up. Get every single one of them to show up to court. Once they are all present, quietly excuse all other persons. Then, when all WBC members are in the one building, bomb it.

Step 2 - Nobody saw nothin'.

There's a scene in the movie "Kingsman: The Secret Service" that has them written all over it.

Relegate them to free speech zones that are far away from any funerals

If it works for political party conventions, it should work here...

There is nothing to solve. I want them right where they are spewing the sewage they do in the light so everyone can see it. I personally believe they played a part in how quickly gay went from eww to pretty much who cares so quickly.

There is nothing to solve. I want them right where they are spewing the sewage they do in the light so everyone can see it. I personally believe they played a part in how quickly gay went from eww to pretty much who cares so quickly.
The problem is that there presence is upsetting to funeral mourners. Their "display" infringes on the mourners rights.There is no chance that their ideas gain any traction, but who wants a clown show when you are trying to pay your last respects?

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that there presence is upsetting to funeral mourners. Their "display" infringes on the mourners rights.There is chance that their ideas gain any traction, but who wants a clown show when you are trying to pay your last respects?
What's rights would those be?

I don't mean to rain on your tyranny parade, but they seem like pretty decent people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeqYm9DvCDo
I feel sorry for the kids being taught and bought up listening to this stuff
Here's something I hadn't thought of. The kids being brought up in this theology. They will grow up and teach their kids. In a couple of generations, there will be hundreds of people picketing at funerals.
Only if they reproduce like the Duggar's do. Hmm, one common denominator between the two "families" is that they believe in a weird version of religion.

The problem is that there presence is upsetting to funeral mourners. Their "display" infringes on the mourners rights.There is no chance that their ideas gain any traction, but who wants a clown show when you are trying to pay your last respects?
For the mourners: Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, privacy....

For the mourners: Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, privacy....
Thats not really how rights work...but carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5PXhyUBI3s

So sue them for mental anguish

I don't mean to rain on your tyranny parade, but they seem like pretty decent people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeqYm9DvCDo
Here's something I hadn't thought of. The kids being brought up in this theology. They will grow up and teach their kids. In a couple of generations, there will be hundreds of people picketing at funerals.
If this were true on a large scale, we wouldn't have the most secular generation in the nation's history coming along.

If this were true on a large scale, we wouldn't have the most secular generation in the nation's history coming along.
Exactly. Over 1/3rd of all children these days are raised in single-parent households and that number is growing every day. The modern, secular lifestyle advocated by our education system and entertainment industries and readily subsidized by our welfare state no longer recognizes a traditional, two-parent household as ideal or even desirable.

Family structure is one of the strongest predictors of success so it should come as no surprise that areligious, non-traditional families are substantially poorer on average than their churchgoing, two-parent counterparts. Their relative poverty ensures that what education and financial support they do receive will come primarily from state provided means, thereby helping to create a negative feedback loop.

Obviously there are always exceptions but I speak of the broader trend. The state is increasingly playing the role of an essential provider and locus of daily life for hundreds of millions of Americans. Westboro is just a sideshow.

Exactly. Over 1/3rd of all children these days are raised in single-parent households and that number is growing every day. The modern, secular lifestyle advocated by our education system and entertainment industries and readily subsidized by our welfare state no longer recognizes a traditional, two-parent household as ideal or even desirable.

Family structure is one of the strongest predictors of success so it should come as no surprise that areligious, non-traditional families are substantially poorer on average than their churchgoing, two-parent counterparts. Their relative poverty ensures that what education and financial support they do receive will come primarily from state provided means, thereby helping to create a negative feedback loop.

Obviously there are always exceptions but I speak of the broader trend. The state is increasingly playing the role of an essential provider and locus of daily life for hundreds of millions of Americans. Westboro is just a sideshow.
If church people have such an irrefutable message, they are apparently doing a crappy job of getting it across. Better work on that.

:goodposting:

We need vile, dreadful speech to make us realize how important it is to have free speech.

There is nothing to solve. I want them right where they are spewing the sewage they do in the light so everyone can see it.

I personally believe they played a part in how quickly gay went from eww to pretty much who cares so quickly.
Hmmm, brb, got to get started on my 'God hates free BJ's' signs.

meatwad likes this
Did that guy wind up leaving this board? It had to be rough for him once it became known he was westboro.
ummmm.what?

Meatwad was from westboro?
I thought so, or some similar group.

The guy I'm talking about is "meatwad1". Even his logo is something like "first things first, faith and family". He was last active in 12/14 which I think was around the time that he posted that he was joining a Westboro protest or something like that and he took a bunch of #### for it and apparently left.

If I'm wrong please correct me, but this is my understanding and recollection.

We don't need to solve the WBC problem. They have the right to freedom of religion and free speech; by allowing them to continue we confirm our support for these rights. Additionally, I would argue that their hatred and intolerance only serves to bring the rest of us closer together.

meatwad likes this
Did that guy wind up leaving this board? It had to be rough for him once it became known he was westboro.
ummmm.what?

Meatwad was from westboro?
I thought so, or some similar group.

The guy I'm talking about is "meatwad1". Even his logo is something like "first things first, faith and family". He was last active in 12/14 which I think was around the time that he posted that he was joining a Westboro protest or something like that and he took a bunch of #### for it and apparently left.

If I'm wrong please correct me, but this is my understanding and recollection.
If only we could search for it.

Sadly though, it is lost in the abyss of the deep innerwebs.

I agree, no need to fear public hate, at least you know where they stand. Now the quiet crazies. Be afraid, be very afraid.

brohans i think that saying we do not have to solve them it makes us appreciate our rights is not correct what you do is go out there every day and be good to others do not be a racist do not be a bigot and basically you just follow the path of the brohan when more are doing that than not then bam we have solved it take that to the bank

Users who are viewing this thread