What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please enjoy Wolf Alice. Spread the word. (1 Viewer)

Saw them at a small club in St. Paul - fun band that really cranks up the rock at the right time. I want the vocals a little cleaner and pushed forward in the mix, but they don't even have a full length album out yet, so they'll figure it out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the chick rock of the 90s:

Cranberries

Veruca Salt

Letters From Cleo

Garbage,

Hole

Luscious Jackson

The Breeders

Elastica

Republica

Sneaker Pimps

No Doubt

Fiona Apple

PJ Harvey

Tracy Bonham

Juliana Hatfield

Alanis

Jewel

Sheryl Crow

Tori Amos

and of course, the incomparable Liz Phair.

Drummer looks like Raj from Big Bang theory

Good music though. Chick has a Fiona Apple essence to her

if you llike this stuff you shuold check out bread baby imma want you it rules take that to the bank brohans

:thumbup:

thanks for the headsup.

I"ll throw Savages out there too, if we're talking "girl-bands"- heck, any band really. One of my favorite albums of the last several years... hopefully getting the 2nd one soon.

sound "heavier" than shoegaze, i think, and rowdier than 90's art-rock.

if we're mentioning bands that look back for inspiration, i have been a fan of Lower Dens. they have a Souxsie vibe - among others - that isn't often heard.

Lower dens is good stuff.

I'm oblivious about genres. Still no clue what shoe-gaze, emo or anything since grunge is.

Cranberries

Veruca Salt

Letters From Cleo

Garbage,

Hole

Luscious Jackson

The Breeders

Elastica

Republica

Sneaker Pimps

No Doubt

Fiona Apple

PJ Harvey

Tracy Bonham

Juliana Hatfield

Alanis

Jewel

Sheryl Crow

Tori Amos

Can't tell if serious

Really like the new album. Coming to Phoenix in October to a small venue for $15 so might need to go. A band named Drenge is going to be there too who i've never heard of but see they have two albums on Spotify.

Never went back in 15 but they are here again in March at a small club for $20 so I think I'll give it a go. Opening band is something called The Big Pink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they had a song on MLB The Show. I liked it, especially when juxtaposed with most of the rap/hip-hop crap on that "soundtrack" 

Just took a look at Youtube. They're are ok/good on the slow stuff but when they try to play fast/hard it doesn't seem legit. Just my humble opinion. I'd go see them in a club/small theatre I think, not at a festival

Cranberries

Veruca Salt

Letters From Cleo

Garbage,

Hole

Luscious Jackson

The Breeders

Elastica

Republica

Sneaker Pimps

No Doubt

Fiona Apple

PJ Harvey

Tracy Bonham

Juliana Hatfield

Alanis

Jewel

Sheryl Crow

Tori Amos

The Donnas should be included as well.

Never went back in 15 but they are here again in March at a small club for $20 so I think I'll give it a go. Opening band is something called The Big Pink.
I saw them on that 2015 tour (maybe it was 2016?  Can't remember).  They were pretty good.  Didn't blow me away but still definitely worth seeing.  They're coming back through Buffalo again for this tour and I'm planning on going.

I've been hesitant to look at setlists for fear that they wouldn't play "Lisbon" on this tour, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see it on their recent lists.  One of the best indie rock songs of the past few years, IMO.  Looking forward to the show this Friday :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread