What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ballers- a new HBO original series starring Dwayne Johnson (1 Viewer)

True Detective and Ballers - to make up for the absence of GoT.

All in for both.

When was the last time HBO put something out that sucked/flopped?

All in for both.

Meh. I've got Penny Dreadful on Starz and the Last Ship on TNT.

Read the reviews for True Detective and Ballers and not a lot of reviewers are impressed. I'm probably out.

All in for both.

Hello Ladies

Jonah from Tonga

Veep
:lmao:

I thought that was board code for John From Cincinnati. Holy crow. That looks even worse than John From Cinci.

Even for 2007, this seemed a bit stilted.

"Hi. I'm John." *looks around*

"Hi. I'm John." *offers hand*

"Hi. I'm John." *walks on water*

Hey now, Jonah from Tonga is fantastic.

John From Cincinnati has been the worst offering from HBO, bar none.

I thought it was a fine first effort. Looking forward to more. Oh, there's roughly a 0% chance he recoups one penny of that $300K.

I thought it was a fine first effort. Looking forward to more. Oh, there's roughly a 0% chance he recoups one penny of that $300K.
Was it the agency or him personally that loaned the $300K? I didn't know how much that tied into the ATM decline at the end.

Sorry I am not sure about names

I thought it was odd that the wife of the bathroom sex guy just stayed by and threw out wisecrack comments like thats why you dont screw girls in the bathroom

My wife would not have been that accepting

Loved her. Couldn't believe how nonchalantly she played off what Ricky did. Was to going to comment here, but was a little confused about their status.

Sorry I am not sure about names

I thought it was odd that the wife of the bathroom sex guy just stayed by and threw out wisecrack comments like thats why you dont screw girls in the bathroom

My wife would not have been that accepting
Yeah - I didn't realize that was his wife until later...

Entourage for blacks
Nothing wrong with sticking with what works. Silicon Valley kind of has the same recipe for success. Make you fall in love with the main characters, and have them constantly about to fail most of the season, then coming out on top.

Lol at the "my colleagues think I hired you bc you're on my ff team. You play defense! C'mon, I don't play IDP, that's for losers!"
One of the few good lines in the show.

I was actually looking forward to this as I thought The Rock wasn't a bad actor and could carry a show. Sadly mistaken on the later.

I liked it. Not sure it's must see, but it didn't feel like a waste of time either. Enjoyed the Shula/Csonka cameos.

Lol at the "my colleagues think I hired you bc you're on my ff team. You play defense! C'mon, I don't play IDP, that's for losers!"
Usually putting in quotes indicates you have the line correct.

In any case, the show was decent enough IMO.

You people are hilarious. Disappointed that you didn't get a television masterpiece after the entire series is 28 minutes old.
Every character is a walking cliche. It feels like we've seen this type of show already and done better. It's a lot like the show that was on espn years back or Any Given Sunday except this one is more current because it included a fantasy football reference and a fight being filmed on phones and posted on social media. You can almost see exactly what characters they'll throw at us. You know the team doctor who's pressured to get players on the field/over prescribes pain pills is coming. There's going to be the savvy, conservative veteran player pushed by that free-spirited rookie. The female reporter who gets hit on by the players non-stop. Cliche after cliche.

Users who are viewing this thread