What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Deuce: New David Simon show (1 Viewer)

Clicked the link and read through it. I think it will be interesting to see how he deals with "markets," a word that came up twice in that brief little interview excerpt. I wonder if this won't be delivered through the philosophical lens of his newfound Marxian leanings. Based upon that interview excerpt, I'd bet on it.

eta* And this thread has the potential to get way, way worse than the True Detective thread. You heard it here first. One should never bet any one thing over the field, so I hear, but this is a lot like Kentucky this past year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure any young kid who was in NY in the early to mid 80s will have the same stories as me.

I will never forget riding down certain streets where the theatres seemed like they had taken over entire blocks. Huge title signs and pictures all over. Then you had the sides of the little stands on every corner. Every nudie mag you could think of, just hanging there in plain site.

And then it was all gone. Giuliani gets a ton of crap for being Nazi like but man, did he clean that city up.

But he will never take those images away from me. I was probably 7 or 8 when I first saw that. No idea why my dad didn't take the highway. But thanks dad

I'll watch it - Simon won me over on Treme. He became part of the story here in NO and some if his characters could be a bit cardboard or trite, but he has an outsider's insider's view on things that I like. Plus I live New York, a storyteller doing his thing, I look forward to it.

Really good first ep.  I've found myself thinking about it often over the last week or so.  Can't wait for more.

Watched the first episode on demand last night and liked it.  However, I can already tell the two James Franco's are going to drive me a nuts.   

D!!

Loved James Franco talking to himself.

Who's hotter, NYU student or redhead bartender?

Watched the first episode on demand last night and liked it.  However, I can already tell the two James Franco's are going to drive me a nuts.   
I just watched the pilot. I had no ####### clue he was two characters and now I think I have to go back and watch it again. The entire time I thought it was just him and his brother was in Vietnam.  How often do they switch back and forth in that episode?  That's going to be annoying. 

I just watched the pilot. I had no ####### clue he was two characters and now I think I have to go back and watch it again. The entire time I thought it was just him and his brother was in Vietnam.  How often do they switch back and forth in that episode?  That's going to be annoying. 
Wait, what?

Wait, what?
Franco plays twins. You see him talking to his twin later in the episode through some camera trickery, but he plays two people. Apparently the head wound from the gun was supposed to clue people in as to who was who.

Franco plays twins. You see him talking to his twin later in the episode through some camera trickery, but he plays two people. Apparently the head wound from the gun was supposed to clue people in as to who was who.
yeah, they going to do this every episode.  This is going to be annoying.  

yeah, they going to do this every episode.  This is going to be annoying.  
The wound is gone in the second episode. It's not like one of the brothers has a specific quirk or anything, he's playing them the exact same way. I agree it's going to be super annoying. 

I want to like it but fairly disappointing thus far.  Probably worse than Vinyl which was straight rubbish.  I have faith in David Simon so I'll carry on. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread