What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (1 Viewer)

Leviathan

Footballguy
I am Leviathan and I'm a Costco member.

My list:

Beef, pork, fish, chicken.

Toilet paper, napkins, paper towels.

Coffee, wine, liquor.

I bought a sweet fan today. Oscillating with remote control. Very happy with it so far. Made in USA, so there's that. :thumbup:

You?

HellToupee said:
Bacon

I can't get out of Costco for under $200
I've bought the applewood smoked bacon there before. Quite good but expensive. I switched to the Kirkland low sodium bacon. Much cheaper, delicious and it lowers my salt intake. :thumbup:

2 person household - no idea why I go to Costco - gas, streaks, rotisserie chicken, to, paper towels, soap (dish, clothes, etc). Razor blades, coffee, cheese and random items such as the roomba, TV a while back, etc.

Formula, garbage bags, pot pie. I was very disappointed when I went to get a pot pie in May that they stop selling them in April. They said it's seasonal. We are in fl, there is only one season.

Chicken, chicken pot pie, organic chicken, chicken legs, chicken breasts, chicken thighs, breaded panko chicken, fried chicken, rotisserie chicken, chicken noodle soup.

They shot Bubba!!!!

Oh, and underwear. The Kirkland boxer briefs are fine when compared to Calvin Klein, Polo, etc. They're not moisture wicking, but they're cheap enough where if you've got an issue, you can just throw them away. Plus, they come in black, which is always a selling point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gum. THE best value in there compared to how much gum costs at the convenience store.

Baby back ribs.

Steak.

Jelly Bellies.

Celery Salt.

Paprika.

Granulated Garlic.

Bushes baked beans. (The base for my kick-### beans)

Bacon.

Love the chicken pot pie and the chicken noodle soup. Would like to see a smaller pot pie; realizing this is Costco, maybe they could sell in packs of 2 and you could freeze one.

Regularly, we get drinks (soda, small packs of juice, etc) guac (buy one that is made of a couple dozen 1 oz (or so) packs; keeps them fresh) Naan chips (specdamntacular) meat, and veggies.

We also buy electronics (have bought a TV, iPad, iPods, and other stuff.) their warranty is great.

Bushes baked beans. (The base for my kick-### beans)
Go on...
Well, when I do baby back ribs, I will first prep my beans in a 4" pan. I start with about 6-8 cans of the bushes plain beans. I add:

Gates BBQ sauce

Onions

Mustard

Brown sugar

Bacon

Dry BBQ rub

Green pepper

I then place that pan under the ribs as they smoke on the smoker for 5 hours. All those beautiful drippings end up in the pan all day. Coupled with the smokiness, they are fantastic. I would put my beans up against anyone's.

Another vote for dog food. Savings easily trumps the annual membership. Really like their dog beds, hard to find good and cheap beds for large breeds but they have good ones for like $30-40. Buy other random stuff too occasionally in bulk like Blueberries when on sale. Don't have kids, so don't need to buy in large bulk a lot of other things. Another odd item I buy a lot and save on is compost bags for curbside leaves and grass pickup. Local grocery/walmarts charge a ton and the quality is crap.

Lately my wife loves LaCroix waters, you can get a 24 for the cost of an 8 pack in the regular grocery store.

Having three kids, I buy all kinds of stuff there. I tend to stay away from the soda as the prices kind of suck there. I can almost always get a better deal at the grocery store.

Diapers and wipes, strawberry jam, corn chips, roasted seaweed, toilet paper and paper towels tend to be the most purchased items. Sometimes juice boxes and cereals will make their way to the cart.

HellToupee said:
Bacon

I can't get out of Costco for under $200
Ditto.

Usually:

Chicken

Turkey

Ground Beef

Chicken Sausauge

Toilet Paper

aper Towels

Tissues

Paper Plates

Plastic Cups

Tomato Sauce

Green/Red Peppers

Cat Food

Dog food and treats (jerky treats, biscuits) for sure.

I think TP and paper towels too, but my wife usually gets those.

Gas if we're in the neighborhood, but it's completely out of the way for my normal commute, and in a ####ty traffic area after work. Probably waste close to an hour if I make a special trip for gas there on the way home.

Forgot to mention things like nuts: giant bags of pine nuts, more exotic stuff like that we only buy every once in a while. Unbeliebably expensive by ounce at a grocery store, whole foods, etc. Bought xmas decorations and other seasonal stuff.

I do stay away from the meat and most other foods/perishable since we don't have kids. I try not to buy stuff that is going to waste since I don't have a large freezer. Have gotten good deals on electronics, bath stuff (razors, shampoo) kitchen stuff (paper towels). Going to Costco this weekend to get a new high end blender this weekend, have them on sale and been needing one for a while. But I would say most trips I don't spend a ton, a lot of stopping by for dog food and seeing what's on special/in stock.

Have bought the underwear/socks others have mentioned too...

Looks like I'm not the only one with a $200 budget, not including gas anyway.

Standard Trip

Ground turkey

Chicken thighs

Chicken sausage

Bacon

Lamb

Cottage cheese

Almond butter

Fruit Snacks

Whatever breakfast bar is on sale

Shredded cheese

String cheese

Tortilla chips

Whatever protein shake is on sale

Milk

Some kind of bean salad, they seem to have a different one every couple of months

When Necessary

Trash bags

Dish soap

Tide

Ziplock bags

Paper plates

Napkins/paper towels/toilet paper

Frozen burger patties

Almonds

Vitamins

Peanut butter

Coffee

Parmesan cheese

Oatmeal

Everything. My favorite retailer, from the stuff they carry to their approach to business to how they treat their employees.

Good source of cheap hot lunch on the go, too. The $1.50 hot dog and soda has been mentioned. Good double-wide pizza slices for $1.99 at my local one, too.

Everything. My favorite retailer, from the stuff they carry to their approach to business to how they treat their employees.

Good source of cheap hot lunch on the go, too. The $1.50 hot dog and soda has been mentioned. Good double-wide pizza slices for $1.99 at my local one, too.
:goodposting:

I'd rather spend an extra few bucks there then ever step foot in a Walmart. We do just about all of our shopping at Aldi, Giant Eagle, and here.

The uncooked flour tortillas are awesome. I actually found out about them in another thread here. Bought them the other day. Changed everything.

Users who are viewing this thread