Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Leviathan

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household?

24 minutes ago, belljr said:

Not once have I ever considered eating at my Costco  :unsure:

Foos court is always packed, but same. My daughter does get a frozen yogurt there now and then. Otherwise i dont really "get it".

30 minutes ago, belljr said:

Not once have I ever considered eating at my Costco  :unsure:

I'm not a member, but really enjoy their $1.50 hotdog and soda when I'm there with someone else.

• Like 1

FYI, I was cooking the other day and found desiccated weevil larvae in my dried garlic from Costco. A few days prior, the balsamic vinegar had a crazy amount of mother in it (I think vinegar is supposed to say on the label if it has mother in it, and this did not). Very disappointed.

I was checking out and chatting with the check out lady when the return policy came up...she told me people return anything you can imagine. She mentioned Christmas trees AFTER Christmas and then said the worst she ever saw was a man returning dirty socks. He was actually WEARING them and took them off to return them!  🤢🤮

On 7/28/2018 at 9:00 PM, In The Zone said:

Got a great deal on a set of these tires a couple of months ago. They were around $200 cheaper than the local guys.

My in-laws took their car to Discount Tire and were told the needed new back tires.  They decided to get the tires at Costco.  They went in, bought the tires and left the car.  Some time later they called and said “your back tires are fine, you still have life left in them.  We’ll rotate and balance them.”  They did that and refunded their money.  👍  love Costco.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/19/2018 at 12:59 PM, EYLive said:

I hear they revamped their food court menu. Like they have a double stack cheeseburger for $4.99, a turkey provalone sandwich, a acai bowl, and chili now.
Any of these good?

Cheeseburger is okay, better than cheap fast food burger.  I really like the turkey sandwich but don’t eat it any more as I’m trying to cut out bread.  Never had the chili.  

On 10/19/2018 at 2:37 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

Foos court is always packed, but same. My daughter does get a frozen yogurt there now and then. Otherwise i dont really "get it".

6 hotdogs and 6 sodas for $9.  I’m not sure there’s another place I can feed my family a “meal” that cheap that is decent and everybody is willing to eat it.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 9:27 PM, The Ref said:

Don't want to be "that guy" but the Home Depot has the same 2-pack for $9.99 every Memorial/4th/Labor day weekend.

i usually pick up 10 on Memorial Day and 10 on Labor Day because I'm fat and I like BBQ

@mr fruley liked this post today - the same day I said to my dad I can’t wait for Memorial Day because I’m running low on charcoal

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, The Ref said:

@mr fruley liked this post today - the same day I said to my dad I can’t wait for Memorial Day because I’m running low on charcoal

Ref, you seem like a wiley veteran, so it's hard for me to imagine you made the rookie mistake of not buying enough charcoal on Labor Day. It's a long winter.

12 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

6 hotdogs and 6 sodas for $9.  I’m not sure there’s another place I can feed my family a “meal” that cheap that is decent and everybody is willing to eat it.

:unsure:

On 4/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, LoadLetterPaper said:

Who returns a couch? :loco:

I did once.  Just didn't work.  The plus side was that I bought it with the Costco AmEx and they could only refund me in cash for some reason.  Free points!

On 10/19/2018 at 9:59 AM, EYLive said:

a turkey provalone sandwich
Any of these good?

I got one of these the other day that had just come out of the oven. So hot it was tough to hold for awhile.

Man it was delicious. 

• Like 1

I do the Mason jar salad thing for lunch. Gotta switch it up every couple weeks to keep it interesting so I get the organic turkey breast slices one week, the canned chicken a couple weeks then the bag of rotisserie chicken. That trio is all good and kept me going for two years now. The lettuce and eggs are every week too.

I'm an empty nester now and don't need near the amount of food and supplies that I once did.  Considered dropping membership, but renting a car through Costco is $ and I rent a car 1-2 times per year.  Far cheaper than any other online service and the savings essentially pays for my membership.

• Like 2

The LED conversions for my can lights are probably two years old and flawless. Saves some cash too.

2 hours ago, Mookie said:

I'm an empty nester now and don't need near the amount of food and supplies that I once did.  Considered dropping membership, but renting a car through Costco is $ and I rent a car 1-2 times per year.  Far cheaper than any other online service and the savings essentially pays for my membership.

If you can conveniently get your gas at Costco as well, that will also pay for a sizable chunk of your membership.

It's usually a few cents cheaper per gallon, then the 4% annual rebate on top of that.

Plus Costco gas stations are so well laid out (one way traffic flow, lots of pumps, no cashier/CC only, nothing else sold there), it's about as painless as it gets to go to a gas station.

5 hours ago, Mookie said:

and no cancellation penalty. I actually rented a car, then checked before my trip and it was $100 cheaper, so I made the reservation and canceled the earlier one.

5 hours ago, Slider said:

The LED conversions for my can lights are probably two years old and flawless. Saves some cash too.

It’s been a while but I did the same. I’ll be honest that I can’t recall if I got them all at Costco or Lowe’s. I’m glad I did it and the LED ones are great. I like the incandescent soft white over the bright white and these were the first ones that weren’t too bright. It’s probably been 1-2 years that I’ve had them in place.

7 hours ago, Mookie said:

Even when my kids are gone, I’m pretty sure I’ll always be a member. There’s just too much I get there that lasts a while or is just plain better than the grocery store. I could see maybe dropping down from the executive membership but I’d have to use it a lot less.

The funny thing is that when all the kids have started/finished college, I think I’ll cook more at home. We try to cook but my oldest works a decent amount and the other two have sports a lot so we have a lot less sit down dinners.

Going tomorrow. My list includes:

Artisan? Romaine?  Its six smaller heads, just right for a salad for two. I think they are organic, too.  I like the regular romaine packages, but half of them get old and limp before using (that's what she said)

Dog Food. We usually any two of: the Salmon, Lamb or Chicken and mix them up, 

Fried Jalapeno and onion Strips. For some reason these are e seasonal, but a small handful of these on top of anything savory makes it better. They are similar to those canned fried onions you put on holdiay french bean casserole.  

Coffee- Ruta Maya dark roast rules.

Huge bottle of Dawn dish soap. We have a few small empty bottles of other brands we fill up, the Big Dawn takes up a lot of counterspace.

Zipper lock storage bags. Life's too short to try and close the regular ones.

Bag of avocados. Theirs seems to be better than most places.

Block of Tilamook cheddar

Half case of Kirkland Savignon Blanc. I've found on nights of light drinking, this make a really good spritzer, poured over ice with equal parts seltzer.

These used to have really good queso, but not anymore

'Their roasted chick is really good. Better than I can roast one.

3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

My list includes:

Fried Jalapeno and onion Strips. For some reason these are e seasonal, but a small handful of these on top of anything savory makes it better. They are similar to those canned fried onions you put on holdiay french bean casserole.  

Second these. 

We put on them on damn near everything - sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, eggs, whatever - and they are pretty damn spicy.  

15 hours ago, pollardsvision said:

Ref, you seem like a wiley veteran, so it's hard for me to imagine you made the rookie mistake of not buying enough charcoal on Labor Day. It's a long winter.

Rookie mistake for sure but I was away with the family.

19 hours ago, NotSmart said:

If you can conveniently get your gas at Costco as well, that will also pay for a sizable chunk of your membership.

It's usually a few cents cheaper per gallon, then the 4% annual rebate on top of that.

Plus Costco gas stations are so well laid out (one way traffic flow, lots of pumps, no cashier/CC only, nothing else sold there), it's about as painless as it gets to go to a gas station.

I will 2nd this except during peak times where there are 6 to 7 cars deep at each pump.  And some "older" people take way too much time getting out, finding their card, opening the gas door, etc.   I usually go very early 7:30/8:00 on Sat/Sun. morning or 15 minutes before they close the gas pumps - no lines, drive right up to an empty pump.  Me and the other middle aged gentlemen.

10 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

I will 2nd this except during peak times where there are 6 to 7 cars deep at each pump.  And some "older" people take way too much time getting out, finding their card, opening the gas door, etc.   I usually go very early 7:30/8:00 on Sat/Sun. morning or 15 minutes before they close the gas pumps - no lines, drive right up to an empty pump.  Me and the other middle aged gentlemen.

Pro-tip - Costco has the retractable gas hoses so you don't need to have the fuel fill on the "correct" side

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, belljr said:
14 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Pro-tip - Costco has the retractable gas hoses so you don't need to have the fuel fill on the "correct" side 

Also, if the front car is done you can pull around the back car and start pumping away.  Problem is, some won't or don't feel comfortable pulling between the cars - it is a tight fit sometimes.

last time i went to costco to get gas i ended up coming home with a blister four pack of chevy equinoxes man i didnt even want them but they were right by the register cripes take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NotSmart said:

Around 30 cents a gallon cheaper yesterday . Filled up at Costco yesterday for 2.61 a gallon.  Everywhere else was in the low 2.90s.  Plus you get the 4% rebate on fuel that knocked off 11 cents a gallon.

22 hours ago, NotSmart said:

The trick is to go at a time when it isn't that full. Weekends are not the best time, mid-week it is usually empty.

2 hours ago, belljr said:

I can get these over my minivan, so we park on either side, just look for shortest line.

2 hours ago, Hov34 said:

Also, if the front car is done you can pull around the back car and start pumping away.  Problem is, some won't or don't feel comfortable pulling between the cars - it is a tight fit sometimes.

This is a tricky one, if the guy in front of you is almost done it's a bit obnoxious to pull around and have him have to do the same; just wait a sec then you can move two in and be on with it.

• Like 1