What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (1 Viewer)

Has anyone purchased a phone through the Costco warehouse? My iPhone 5 is finally breaking down and I need to upgrade. I don't want to spend $700 on a new phone, b/c I figure anything released in the last two years is a big upgrade over my iPhone 5.

Any recommendations?

Has anyone purchased a phone through the Costco warehouse? My iPhone 5 is finally breaking down and I need to upgrade. I don't want to spend $700 on a new phone, b/c I figure anything released in the last two years is a big upgrade over my iPhone 5.

Any recommendations?
Not sure about Costco, but Gazelle is a good place for Certified Pre-Owned phones.

Two comments -

Costco had pretty good sized (4') Leyland Green Giant trees for $16.99/ea over the weekend.  That's one heck of a good price.  At some point, I'm going to need ~100 of them for a new tree-line around my property - Anybody ever need more than they stock?  Can they "order" them for you?  Not sure if this can be done.  I didn't ask when I was there, but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a good idea.

Second - DO NOT BUY the Costco Ziploc sandwich bags unless you're OK with your items spilling everywhere.  They're different than the regular ones you'll buy in the store.  The closures are incredibly small and weak.  Like literally, I put 20 baby carrots in the bag, and it'll bust open just from the weight of the bag sitting on the counter.  My wife got some of the equivalent bags at the grocery store, and they're noticeably more robust.

Let's talk Costco etiquette. Am I the only one that puts everything in my cart with the bar codes facing up/out, so no/few items even need to be taken out and put on the conveyor belt? 
I do this too. I also do it at the grocery store. Costco does a bit where most of their products that are likely to be in the cart usually have a code on the top, so....

I don't know why more people don't do this (likely because they don't want to 'mess' up their artwork.) The grocery store I go to most (Wegmans!) prints the UPC code on all four sides of the 12 packs of their store-brand sodas. They ask you to keep them on the cart, because it can hurt the cashier as well as having the heavy stuff can mess up the conveyor belt.

The Noid said:
Let's talk Costco etiquette. Am I the only one that puts everything in my cart with the bar codes facing up/out, so no/few items even need to be taken out and put on the conveyor belt? 
I do this as well. I just love hearing *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Also, I hope people realize to save the most time for the gas station is too:

1) Slide your card and then while it's reading, (2) take off the gas cap, (3) then continue paying.

I know it saves only 10 seconds or so, but at least you're not just standing there doing nothing.

The Noid said:
Our cart is so damn full by the time we are done shopping that we have to unload most of it anyway.  We've had to use two carts on several occasions.

proninja said:
I've used those ziploc bags for years and haven't had any trouble
I must've either had a bad batch, or they JUST changed the bags.  Literally just started with the latest 200 count box we got. 

has anyone tried the Costco deli meat? I haven't bought it but always wondered why its so expensive.

Anyone ever get that 7'x7.5' shed they sell for 699?  It's made of some composite material?  Thinking of picking one up

The Kirkland brand frozen pepperoni pizza's are out of this world.
Feel like these are just ok. 

Bastards got ready of the ready to bake pizzas they had back in the take home meals area. Broke my heart. They were so good. 

Second - DO NOT BUY the Costco Ziploc sandwich bags unless you're OK with your items spilling everywhere.  They're different than the regular ones you'll buy in the store.  The closures are incredibly small and weak.  Like literally, I put 20 baby carrots in the bag, and it'll bust open just from the weight of the bag sitting on the counter.  My wife got some of the equivalent bags at the grocery store, and they're noticeably more robust.
I was wondering about this.  Our most recent batch of Ziploc gallon-size bags have been lemons - closures breaking off, corners not sealed fully, easily torn.  

Big fan of the Sukhi's branded Indian food items. The box looks like this. I've tried the tikka masala and the coconut curry chicken and both are great.  
I'll look for those.  I'm big fan of the Stonefire Na'an my local store carries.  Throw a few of those on a pizza stone and they make a great appetiter or meat delivery vessel.

You like it? It works? Seems like the kind of thing I usually regret after buying cause it only works briefly and then becomes a pain in the as
I love it. Still works as well as it did the day I bought it. Once you see this thing in action you too will become a believer. This will be the last hose reel you ever buy. 

I actually don't like the kirkland branded frozen pepperoni pizzas. The ones in the freezer, not the deli. I don't mind a little grease but these things are waaaay too greasy. 

I actually don't like the kirkland branded frozen pepperoni pizzas. The ones in the freezer, not the deli. I don't mind a little grease but these things are waaaay too greasy. 
new pizza shop near me has super greasy pizza. Like you could put a few paper towels on each slice just to dry it off. What in the pizza is causing all that ?  Guessing its the sauce?!

new pizza shop near me has super greasy pizza. Like you could put a few paper towels on each slice just to dry it off. What in the pizza is causing all that ?  Guessing its the sauce?!
It's usually the meat on the pizza and the cheese.

it isn't as expensive as I thought. guess I wont  be going to wegmans anymore for the deli
The Turkey is better than the Black Forest Ham, IMO.  The ham has a good flavor, but seems a little too water-pumped for my liking (this is common in the deli-meat industry).  In the same area, they have whole deli-style hams and turkey breasts.  I'm more inclined to buy that ham and slice it than buy the pre-sliced.  

Also, in the freezer section they have these awesome little chicken pita melts.  They microwave in less than a minute and are great when you need a mini-meal and are in a rush.  Whole family likes them.  

Any experience with the frozen individual pizzas?  We've been getting Schwan's but the Costco ones are half the price.

eta: these

Last edited by a moderator:
The Turkey is better than the Black Forest Ham, IMO.  The ham has a good flavor, but seems a little too water-pumped for my liking (this is common in the deli-meat industry).  In the same area, they have whole deli-style hams and turkey breasts.  I'm more inclined to buy that ham and slice it than buy the pre-sliced.  

Also, in the freezer section they have these awesome little chicken pita melts.  They microwave in less than a minute and are great when you need a mini-meal and are in a rush.  Whole family likes them.  
Those chicken pita melts are a great go to for my kids.  :thumbup:

Just stop going anywhere else besides Rocco's for our neighborhood; it is basically up the street from MELT. If they will deliver to you, go there.

We get the cheese pizzas and add our own stuff to the top. I very much like the flavor and I'm not much of a frozen pizza kind of guy. Their deli ones are good but they put way too much pepperoni on the pepperoni pizzas there. Their deep dish remind me of Edwardo's for those in the IL area. We lost our only one here in WI a while ago... miss it. Only difference is the crust is a little too buttery for me (or something is). 

We get the cheese pizzas and add our own stuff to the top. I very much like the flavor and I'm not much of a frozen pizza kind of guy. Their deli ones are good but they put way too much pepperoni on the pepperoni pizzas there. Their deep dish remind me of Edwardo's for those in the IL area. We lost our only one here in WI a while ago... miss it. Only difference is the crust is a little too buttery for me (or something is). 
:fishing:  

Users who are viewing this thread