What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (1 Viewer)

Hmm... my local Costco carries Sweet Baby Ray's and bottles from local restaurants.  

A regional brand I like a lot is Head Country.  They're from Oklahoma.  Not sure if they have national distribution.   
Just went through there. Nothing local but I picked up some Famous Daves. It will be different than what we have had recently. 

Retailing seasonal goods is a tough gig. Sometimes the buying season is really short, and if it depends on weather it's not exactly predictable when that buying season will be. 

If they have them now they're guaranteed to hit the buying season. Better early than late. 
But its August.   There's early and there's ridiculously early.  Its in the 80's.  Its going to be in the 80's for another month.  Who's thinking oh, let's go buy some snow gloves now?

Anyone have a BBQ sauce that Costco sells they would highly recommend? We are just about out of our Sweet Baby Rays and I would like to try something else. 
Mine has Kinder often. Which isn't bad. But also isn't as good as Sweet Baby Ray's. If you aren't making your own or getting it from a local TX BBQ joint, I have yet to find something I like more than Ray's.

Talking

about seasonal items

last year they only had apple cider for 2 weeks max or until sold out

Just went through there. Nothing local but I picked up some Famous Daves. It will be different than what we have had recently. 
Yum.  Famous Dave's. I lived within visual distance of Famous Dave's store #2 when it opened.  When the wind was blowing correctly I could open a window and smell the smoky deliciousness.  Enjoy!  

Haven't tried the Famous Dave's Corn Muffins box mix yet.  Done a copycat recipe before - way too much work to do regularly, but damn those are some good muffins.

Mine has Kinder often. Which isn't bad. But also isn't as good as Sweet Baby Ray's. If you aren't making your own or getting it from a local TX BBQ joint, I have yet to find something I like more than Ray's.
Ray's is delicious and versatile.  A person serving it at their home loves you and wants you to be happy.
Don't know how many Costcos carry it, but Ray's buffalo wing sauce is really good, too.  

shuke said:
First ingredient: High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Get some Stubb's.
:goodposting:

I was a Ray's user at one time as well until i found out about the HFCS. Now I use a mustard sauce and a red pepper vinegar sauce from a local place named Shealy's BBQ.

Damn, I didn't know they had a Hickory sauce. 

As far as store bought sauces go I've been using the Heinz® BBQ Sauce Kansas City Sweet & Smoky. As far as I can tell, no HFCS. Here is a picture of the back of the bottle.I don't know how it compares to local KC BBQ sauces but it's pretty good. Any suggestions on other sauces to try so I can compare. I love the sweet and tangy especially on ribs. 

I would love to start making my own sauces. I assume some drippings from a pork shoulder or ribs would be a good place to start?
I mean getting stuff from a local place is usually a good way to go.  I love Shealy's.

Outside of Korean BBQ sauces, I usually just mix my own up.  Most stuff from the store is too sweet.

I mean getting stuff from a local place is usually a good way to go.  I love Shealy's.

Outside of Korean BBQ sauces, I usually just mix my own up.  Most stuff from the store is too sweet.
Off topic and discussed in a different thread but Shealy ' s has some of the best fried chicken I've ever eaten. 

Tonight's Costco contributions to dinner are Kirkland chicken breast tenderloins and Stonefire na'an.

Even though na'an is Indian by nature, it's a versatile delivery vessel across flavor profiles and bread enthusiasts seem to like it on its own.  

I'll grill up the tenderloins in the Webber with a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper.  Chop up some lettuce, tomato, onion.  Then we will dig into the fridge and put out several half-finished sauce bottles from around the world, everywhere from Thai peanut to Japanese "yum-yum" to Greek tzatziki.  Keeping the chicken neutral gives a chance to use up those sauces instead of throwing them out.  

We call it " 'Round The World Chicken".

The na'an comes precooked.  I like to heat it up in the oven right before serving.  Move an oven rack up high, put a pizza stone on it, warm the oven up, then switch to Broil for the na'an.  About 45-60 seconds is plenty, a little past a minute if you like some charring in it.  

I like to pile everything into the na'an and eat with my hands, but it also works well deconstructed, like a na'an bread service.

(And for dessert I'll squeeze a little Sweet Baby Ray's between my balls and ###### and let proninja snack on my taint.)

shuke said:
First ingredient: High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Get some Stubb's.
This isn't a Costco product, but on this topic I've had a problem finding decent BBQ sauce that is low in sugar.  If anyone cares, http://guysbbq.com/ is a nice sauce that is very low in sugar, but you wouldn't be able to tell.  You can get this on amazon, but unfortunately it's a bit expensive.

I deep fried an entire batch of the spicy garlic wings - my biggest problem is being patient and letting them cool.  So good.

Tonight's Costco contributions to dinner are Kirkland chicken breast tenderloins and Stonefire na'an.

Even though na'an is Indian by nature, it's a versatile delivery vessel across flavor profiles and bread enthusiasts seem to like it on its own.  

I'll grill up the tenderloins in the Webber with a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper.  Chop up some lettuce, tomato, onion.  Then we will dig into the fridge and put out several half-finished sauce bottles from around the world, everywhere from Thai peanut to Japanese "yum-yum" to Greek tzatziki.  Keeping the chicken neutral gives a chance to use up those sauces instead of throwing them out.  

We call it " 'Round The World Chicken".

The na'an comes precooked.  I like to heat it up in the oven right before serving.  Move an oven rack up high, put a pizza stone on it, warm the oven up, then switch to Broil for the na'an.  About 45-60 seconds is plenty, a little past a minute if you like some charring in it.  

I like to pile everything into the na'an and eat with my hands, but it also works well deconstructed, like a na'an bread service.

(And for dessert I'll squeeze a little Sweet Baby Ray's between my balls and ###### and let proninja snack on my taint.)
That na'an is also very good on the grill, we use that when we make gyro burgers.

Our daughter started going to school in a city that has a Costco! Looking at once a month shopping, thanks for this thread FBGs!

I have often said that if they ever discontinue those $5 rotisserie chickens, there will be rioting in the streets!
It's rumored when Jim Sinegal retired as Costco CEO, a litmus test for his replacement was "will this person keep the hot dog & soda combo at $1.50?"  

I'd like to think "will this person keep the rotisserie chickens three pounds for five bucks?" was also on that litmus test.

Well, I joined Costco 1 year ago today, my Birthday. What do you think I want to do today? That's right, go to Costco. I'm back at the house $506 later. I wiil say this though, for the most part I Love that place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case any of you went shopping for a ring...

Federal judge: Costco must pay more than $19 million for selling fake 'Tiffany' rings

A federal judge ruled on Monday that Costco owed the jewelry company Tiffany & Co. $19.4 million after the budget retailer sold diamond engagement rings using the Tiffany name.

US District Judge Laura Taylor Swain ruled that the $8.25 million in damages a jury in October ordered Costco to pay was an insufficient punishment and that Tiffany deserved an additional $11.1 million plus interest from the retailer, bringing the total to $19.4 million.

Costco made an estimated $3.7 million in profit selling engagement rings marketed as "Tiffany" rings. While Costco had argued that the word was understood as a generic reference to a ring's setting, not the brand itself, a court determined in 2015 that selling items described simply as "Tiffany" infringed on Tiffany's trademark.

Swain also barred Costco from marketing or labeling rings or other items as "Tiffany" products unless they also include a modifier such as "set," "style," or "setting."

Costco said it planned to appeal the decision and that it was the product of "multiple errors in pretrial, trial, and post-trial rulings."

"Tiffany & Co. did not claim in the lawsuit that it lost a single sale to Costco as a result of any sign," the company said in a statement. "From a purchaser list of approximately 2,500, Tiffany identified fewer than 10 who said that they had misunderstood Costco's signage. This was not a case about counterfeiting in the common understanding of that word — Costco was not selling imitation Tiffany & Co. rings."

Costco has sold the rings since before 2007. Tiffany filed the lawsuit against Costco on Valentine's Day 2013.

May have listed some of these before, but too lazy to check.

These are regular items I buy:

Ruta Maya Dark Roast Coffee (or house brand sumatra)

Kim Crawford and Kirkland Sauvignon Blanc

Tzatziki Sauce

Dog food (salmon and/or Lamb and Rice)

Nicotine Lozenges

TVs/laptops/cpmputers

Office chairs

REcliner (only one, but its marvelous)

Outdoor string lights

Weiners (house beef)

Paper plates, napkins, etc

Prime ribeye caps (the cut off the best, outside part of the ribeye. Best meat on the cow, but its $18 a pound

18 pack free range/organic eggs

Horizon Half n half

Promise heavy cream

Sour cream

Assorted sliced cheese packs

Parmasean chunks

I've seen Tzatziki Sauce mentioned in like three threads this week.  Where is it located?  Near the hummus?
My local one has it on a refrigerated shelf with fresh salsas and other refrigerated dips.  It's right outside a walk-in cooler where they keep the eggs, milk, and butter.  

I've also seen it on refrigerated shelves where the cheeses, packaged meats, and such are, but they might have been demoing it that day over in that space.

Thinking of returning my first item today-- this fan. I put it on my nightstand and it works fine, but it's a pain in the ### to turn off and on while laying in bed. It's so light that it scoots around the nightstand. 

I bought it two weeks ago but don't have the receipt. Can I still return it?

It is good, but like the take-and-bake pizzas, it could use more tomato sauce.
Just buy the frozen ravioli there and make your own. Jar (or 2 for you) of sauce (make sure to put some on bottom of pan) and some shredded cheese. Bake for 30ish minutes at 350-400 and you have it exactly the way you like it.

I'm a bit miffed that they stopped selling the frozen tortellini. My boys like that as a soup in chicken broth with some Parmesan cheese. 

Thinking of returning my first item today-- this fan. I put it on my nightstand and it works fine, but it's a pain in the ### to turn off and on while laying in bed. It's so light that it scoots around the nightstand. 

Beauty of shopping at Costco. If you have your membership card, they can look up what you purchased. Piece of Cake.

Absolutely.

Rick James said:

Yes..They will have the receipt on file with your card number.  Just took back a outdoor hose retractor that I bought last summer.

My local costco makes a helluva prepared quinoa salad.  Pick one up almost every time...usually lasts a week and I use it for side dishes or an entire meal by itself sometime. 

Also, a new one I tried last week was marinated chili/lime chicken breasts.  Comes two packages (about 1.5 lb each) to a purchase...just throw on the grill or a pan on the stove for about 15 minutes give or take....really tasty. 

My local costco makes a helluva prepared quinoa salad.  Pick one up almost every time...usually lasts a week and I use it for side dishes or an entire meal by itself sometime. 

Also, a new one I tried last week was marinated chili/lime chicken breasts.  Comes two packages (about 1.5 lb each) to a purchase...just throw on the grill or a pan on the stove for about 15 minutes give or take....really tasty. 
:thumbup:  for the quinoa.   Its an interesting taste; has a lot of pop.  If you haven't, give the broccoli rabe in that white dressing a try.    

Users who are viewing this thread