What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (1 Viewer)

I just got a mailer for the thanksgiving holiday sales started Nov 9th.  I bought an item on that that will be on sale then, but I cannot get the refund because by the time the 9th rolls around, it will be past 30 days from when I bought it.  Is there anything stopping me from returning a perfectly fine item, getting credit for it, then purchasing another one on the 9th?  I'm not saving that much money, but it's the principle of the matter.

I just got a mailer for the thanksgiving holiday sales started Nov 9th.  I bought an item on that that will be on sale then, but I cannot get the refund because by the time the 9th rolls around, it will be past 30 days from when I bought it.  Is there anything stopping me from returning a perfectly fine item, getting credit for it, then purchasing another one on the 9th?  I'm not saving that much money, but it's the principle of the matter.
Is that the store policy?   There's nothing stopping what you're thinking.

Is that the store policy?   There's nothing stopping what you're thinking.
Not the refund, but the difference between sale price and the price I paid.  Sorry I was unclear.  Customer service told me I must purchase an item 30 days or less than when the sale starts to collect that difference.

Not the refund, but the difference between sale price and the price I paid.  Sorry I was unclear.  Customer service told me I must purchase an item 30 days or less than when the sale starts to collect that difference.
You were clear.   I guess it makes sense they have to have some cutoff.  Otherwise, people would be just saving receipts left and right just in case something came on sale regardless of when they bought it.   The only time I've done what you're getting at is when I still had the product unopened and I brought it back saying I was just going to do what you're thinking.   It might have even been in the 30 day window though.    Its good to know they actually do this within 30 days.  Sometimes, I'll hold off buying something I need b/c I suspect its going to come on sale soon.  From now on, I can just buy it and get the difference refunded if it does come on sale soon after. 

As a former small business owner, I hated when customers did this, but completely understood the logic.  It might be worth basically telling customer service your intentions if they won't honor the price difference.  There's nothing stopping you from doing what you want to do.  Conversely, it's a lot more expensive for Costco to take back your opened item, process a return, end up with an item they can only sell as a refurb or something, and then re-sell it again at the discount.  No difference to you, but it'd be a lot better for them to just give you the sale price now than deal with basically ending up with a used-stock item.

As big as they are, they may not care...but I know if it was my business, I'd just give you the sale price now.

I've had a few instances where I'll buy either the boneless/skinless breasts or thighs, freeze one of the packages, and then when I thaw and open the package, it smells rancid and I have to chuck it.  Anyone else with this?  seems to happen maybe 25% of the time.
not a lot of people prep chicken for freezing by leaving it  sit on the counter at room temperature for a week so that may be your problem take that to the bank brochacho

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy with a wife and a kid. :(
But, like what Christmas stuff did you buy?  One of those inflatable snowmen for the front yard?  Totally serious here, I went to Costco today after work, and browsed through the Christmas section, the whole time thinking to myself, "What the #### did Capella buy today?"

So far as I can tell, they will accept a return for anything, anytime, for any reason.

But, like what Christmas stuff did you buy?  One of those inflatable snowmen for the front yard?  Totally serious here, I went to Costco today after work, and browsed through the Christmas section, the whole time thinking to myself, "What the #### did Capella buy today?"
:lmao:  

this and a snowman. Not inflatable. I'll take a picture of it in the morning. 

Also some lights for inside the house, the fake light display for outside the house because I'm lazy, and some reindeer thing my wife liked. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
shuke said:
So far as I can tell, they will accept a return for anything, anytime, for any reason.
I realized today I bought a pair of snow pants for my son about a year ago, but he never wore them.  Still have the tags.  Do you guys think think they will refund?

Also, you don't need a receipt if your return was bought there in the last 3 years.   They keep your receipts on their files for that long and they produce them.  Best customers service anywhere.

Here is a gross one.

Sunday we go to Costco and pick up the usual.  Also I bought a bag of the Kirkland quinoa to give it a try.  I opened the bag today and it was full of those little moths!!  I almost threw up I was so disgusted. Not sure I will be able to eat quinoa for quite some time.

Here is a gross one.

Sunday we go to Costco and pick up the usual.  Also I bought a bag of the Kirkland quinoa to give it a try.  I opened the bag today and it was full of those little moths!!  I almost threw up I was so disgusted. Not sure I will be able to eat quinoa for quite some time.
Gross, no idea what quinoa is but I doubt I have ever eaten it

Bought a laptop a few months ago. There was an instant rebate/discount of $100 off.  A few weeks later got a letter saying they had negotiated a better deal with the vendor and as a courtesy was passing the discount along. Enclosed was a $100 gift card..sweet!  Then a week or 2 later got another letter. It said there was an issue with the expiration date on some Kirkland brats they believed I had purchased.  Said there was no food safety issue or anything but due to the mistake here's a $60 gift card! I love Costco!

Thinking of getting a 55" TCL from there.  It's a C series for 380.  Anyone have any experience with it?  rtings says it's pretty okay, but it does have budget television traits (edge lighting prevents a wide viewable area, so on)

What did you get?
knife block electric toothbrush some random stuff and toys

my job just relocated a block down the street from Costco so ive been there 3 days a week     ive also tried all the food :fatty:

except the chicken bake. looks like too much cheese to have on lunch break

Its chicken and chop meat.    It tastes like chicken and chop meat.
I mean, do they even have organic meat?

I might need a new tv in my family room. Tv stand can only handle 40in horizontal dimension. There is a Samsung UHD on sale for under $500 at costco. I love Samsung, but I was curious whether costco got the "bad" ones or of they are legit. 

I asked the lady handing out the black Friday catalog when they're checking your receipt. she said yes just come back after the sale and you will get refunded. I don't see why it wouldn't
Forgive me, I don't see the strategy.  What's the point of buying stuff and returning it for the same price?  I'm clearly missing something.

I mean, do they even have organic meat?

I might need a new tv in my family room. Tv stand can only handle 40in horizontal dimension. There is a Samsung UHD on sale for under $500 at costco. I love Samsung, but I was curious whether costco got the "bad" ones or of they are legit. 
Yes, chicken and chop  meat

Dedfin said:
Forgive me, I don't see the strategy.  What's the point of buying stuff and returning it for the same price?  I'm clearly missing something.
He's not returning the stuff, just getting a store credit or refund for the difference between what he paid and the black Friday price.

Users who are viewing this thread