What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (2 Viewers)

Shelled pistachios

Hummus

Those were the two I didn't see in the thread.

Costco is the world's largest wine retailer.

Anyone bought their Kirkland beds? Can't help think how nice it would be to have the Costco return policy on a mattress.
I bought a king size bed w/ frame from there online and the mattress was delivered wrapped in a box. Cut the bag and it shot into bed form instantly. It was kind of cutting the string on a Christmas tree I was trying to brace for impact. I haven't had a issue with it and its been 7 years. I have thought about taking it back and using the warranty but I don't really feel like lugging a king size mattress around town. Maybe one day if it starts to dip.

this is one reason why I would consider buying long term items from Costco - grills/furniture/tools. no stress return policy
Was it a foam or spring mattress?
spring with a pillow topper

My local Costco is hosting a Traeger roadshow. They manufacture wood pellet smokers/bbqs. I almost pulled the trigger but decided to do a little research instead of making an impulse buy.

Anybody here have any experience with Traeger smokers?

Anyone bought their Kirkland beds? Can't help think how nice it would be to have the Costco return policy on a mattress.
I bought a king size bed w/ frame from there online and the mattress was delivered wrapped in a box. Cut the bag and it shot into bed form instantly. It was kind of cutting the string on a Christmas tree I was trying to brace for impact. I haven't had a issue with it and its been 7 years. I have thought about taking it back and using the warranty but I don't really feel like lugging a king size mattress around town. Maybe one day if it starts to dip.

this is one reason why I would consider buying long term items from Costco - grills/furniture/tools. no stress return policy
Wait I thought that you liked the mattress? Why do you need to return it? I was thinking that we need a new one this year.

Wait I thought that you liked the mattress? Why do you need to return it? I was thinking that we need a new one this year.
abuse the lifetime warranty

My local Costco is hosting a Traeger roadshow. They manufacture wood pellet smokers/bbqs. I almost pulled the trigger but decided to do a little research instead of making an impulse buy.

my Costco had the traeger show. for electric pellet smokers I think traeger is the leader in that field. its easy as hell to use but true smokers frown on it

Their pretzel slider buns are the best take home pretzels available by far. They are outstanding.

Also, the two tias flour tortillas are great.

abuse the lifetime warranty
Do you do this with toilet paper from there too? Put it in a bag and then return it when done?

At least you acknowledge that you ABUSE it...

Not a big fan, mainly because I am a purist when it comes to BBQ, but they will give you a consistent heat throughout your smoking process.

PSA: Victorias marinara on sale this month at least at my costco. Best jar sauce I've ever had. 6 bucks for 2 big jars is an absolute steal. Stock up.

Toilet paper

Baby wipes

Whey protein

Hot pocket pizza

Beef burrito

Chicken sandwich

Greek yogurt

Meat

Poke

Last edited by a moderator:
PSA: Victorias marinara on sale this month at least at my costco. Best jar sauce I've ever had. 6 bucks for 2 big jars is an absolute steal. Stock up.
Seriously going to Costco this afternoon only because you posted this. Otherwise I didn't need anything. Thanks.

I'm sure this is horrible for some, but for $9.99 for their pizzas, you can't get a much better deal. It's not bad at all.

I get the Season brand Sardines there. Though I prefer King Oscar.

We also buy a lot of the rotisserie chicken breast meat in the packages. That's like an instant dinner added to some BBQ or some other sauce.

RBM said:
That big thing of chocolate almonds is my biggest weakness.
I could eat the whole 2# bag in one sitting pretty easily. Those things are incredible.

Their Kirkland brand booze and wine is great. Has anyone tried their beer?
ive had it before at a friends.. it wasnt terrible

decent for a party

i wish my local costco had liqour

Gator Shawn said:
VA703 said:
They have the garage roof storage racks on sale this month. Tempted to grab
Ooh. I could use those.
i think its $150 off so $299 for 2 racks that hold 400 lbs each

decent for a party

Gator Shawn said:
VA703 said:
Ooh. I could use those.
I got three sets and they're terrific. But two would ahve been more than enough

Is this worth it? I'm about 45 minutes from one.
Do you have children? If so, then yes it's worth it, when it comes to everyday items.If you're single or are an empty nester, it's not worth the effort, unless your fuel to cost ratio goes in your favor.

Do you have children? If so, then yes it's worth it, when it comes to everyday items.If you're single or are an empty nester, it's not worth the effort, unless your fuel to cost ratio goes in your favor.
not really. You need to check out some of the other aisles there, there's lots more than 158 packs of disposable diapers, 2000 roll toilet paper packs and a myriad oversized foods and household supplies.

Tools, air conditioners, linens, jewelry, electronics, great seasonal items, furniture, ceiling fans, batteries, clothing, camping supplies, beds, appliances, yada yad. . Plenty of desirable goodies for the broodless.

not really. You need to check out some of the other aisles there, there's lots more than 158 packs of disposable diapers, 2000 roll toilet paper packs and a myriad oversized foods and household supplies.

Tools, air conditioners, linens, jewelry, electronics, great seasonal items, furniture, ceiling fans, batteries, clothing, camping supplies, beds, appliances, yada yad. . Plenty of desirable goodies for the broodless.
The kicker is that its all very competitively priced and has god's own warranty. Any problem, bring it back, no questions asked (even a three year old mattress ordered on line). And best of all, no need for the receipt, they can pull up all purchases with your member number.

How about going thru there on a Sat or Sun afternoon...you could have a full meal just from the samples.

Are those garage storage racks a good deal? I haven't priced them out and am currently too lazy to do so.

Are those garage storage racks a good deal? I haven't priced them out and am currently too lazy to do so.
yes, when on sale. I have three. THey are solid, spacious and out of the way. Only thing is, you need a ladder nearby to make use of them and they're so stout, you need to be careful not to overload them or its too much trouble to get stuff back down.

Not a big fan, mainly because I am a purist when it comes to BBQ, but they will give you a consistent heat throughout your smoking process.
I SWEAR by Traeger's. Used to have the big double barrel New Braunfels smokers. Worked well, but hard to regulate heat and a total pain the in ### to clean. The Traeger is life changing. Seriously. Can completely control the heat. Now I can go to bed with briskets or pork shoulders on overnight and know they will be perfect in the morning. Can use mesquite, hickory, apply, cherry and other pellets depending on what you are cooking. Most of all, they are incredibly easy to clean. Takes minutes and ready to use again the next day if you want. The Traeger's got some heat from purists for awhile, but now many experts on sites like Amazing Ribs think they are great. The deal at Costco is great, think it was $799 for the Texas Elite. I've had it for 4-5 years. LOVE it. One of my best investments ever. Ribs, briskets, pulled pork and my God the best smoke Prime Rib you've ever had. Staple for Christmas dinner now.

I SWEAR by Traeger's. Used to have the big double barrel New Braunfels smokers. Worked well, but hard to regulate heat and a total pain the in ### to clean. The Traeger is life changing. Seriously. Can completely control the heat. Now I can go to bed with briskets or pork shoulders on overnight and know they will be perfect in the morning. Can use mesquite, hickory, apply, cherry and other pellets depending on what you are cooking. Most of all, they are incredibly easy to clean. Takes minutes and ready to use again the next day if you want. The Traeger's got some heat from purists for awhile, but now many experts on sites like Amazing Ribs think they are great. The deal at Costco is great, think it was $799 for the Texas Elite. I've had it for 4-5 years. LOVE it. One of my best investments ever. Ribs, briskets, pulled pork and my God the best smoke Prime Rib you've ever had. Staple for Christmas dinner now.
I'm with ChiefD.

Staples for xmas sounds hideous.

But seriously, anything you can do "auto/idiot-proof" can be done better with technique. More risk and more effort, but the BEST is never auto

I'm with ChiefD.

But seriously, anything you can do "auto/idiot-proof" can be done better with technique. More risk and more effort, but the BEST is never auto
Maybe, but not more often. The process to clean a regular smoker was ridiculous. Get the fat out of the barrel on one side, scrape out the ash on the other, hose it down, etc. Became a once a month event at most because it was a pain in the ###. But I can use the Traeger 7 days a week if I wanted. So easy. And the results - great.

I'm with ChiefD.

Maybe, but not more often. The process to clean a regular smoker was ridiculous. Get the fat out of the barrel on one side, scrape out the ash on the other, hose it down, etc. Became a once a month event at most because it was a pain in the ###. But I can use the Traeger 7 days a week if I wanted. So easy. And the results - great.
I get your point and don;t disagree with the consistently reliable results. Its just that I do not believe you get the BEST without the extra effort entailed. Uniformly very good and low maintenance are great things. The ultimate is harder and less reliable.

I've had the Chicken Tikka Masala from Spicy Kitchen (?). It comes in a two pack. Pretty good but I find there's too much rice.

decent for a party

Gator Shawn said:
VA703 said:
Ooh. I could use those.
I sized them and they won't fit where I needed them to go. :(

cosjobs said:
Leviathan said:
not really. You need to check out some of the other aisles there, there's lots more than 158 packs of disposable diapers, 2000 roll toilet paper packs and a myriad oversized foods and household supplies.Tools, air conditioners, linens, jewelry, electronics, great seasonal items, furniture, ceiling fans, batteries, clothing, camping supplies, beds, appliances, yada yad. . Plenty of desirable goodies for the broodless.
I understand that. I love my local store. My reply was based on his amount of driving time. 45 minutes one way is a long drive to go shopping.

Judge Smails said:
cosjobs said:
Judge Smails said:

I'm with ChiefD. Staples for xmas sounds hideous.

Cool! This conversation has made up my mind. Next time I'm there I'll pick up the smallest model. Glad that I waited as that model now comes with a digital thermometer. :thumbup:

A great deal. I got a set of two for my garage when they were on sale. Bought them online and they were shipped for free. Freed up a ton of space. Tons of storage on the racks and they come with hooks to hang bikes, ladders, hoses etc from.

yes, when on sale. I have three. THey are solid, spacious and out of the way. Only thing is, you need a ladder nearby to make use of them and they're so stout, you need to be careful not to overload them or its too much trouble to get stuff back down.
easy to install?

Curious about install.

How long are the bolts to install?

I learned the hard way that I have 3 sheets of 5/8 sheet rock on my garage ceiling

Users who are viewing this thread