What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has anyone used the live auction format on MFL? (1 Viewer)

We used it last year and it certainly had its hiccups. 10/12 of us were in the same room using the auction room and it had to be rewound and reset a few times because of technical issues. There were quite a few instances where people complained that they bid and it didn't recognize or that the timer would jump from 5 secs left to a finished auction for some people.

We found the most issues happened when the timer was made shorter.

This year we are using ESPNs room and transferring rosters over to MFL afterwards.

It's not good. Be prepared for plenty of mishaps. I don't know why they don't iron out the details, but it's still "beta".

Live fast paced auctions on MFL have not worked well as compared to ESPN IMO.

Based on last year (2014) it was glitchy, required more than acceptable # rollbacks, and took too long overall due to delays in nominating players, skipping teams that were full, etc.

I'm hoping MFL has an update for 2015 that would inspire hope to try them again.

Like others hosting on ESPN for free and transferring rosters to MFL has been my approach for a keeper auction league for 10+ yrs.

You can copy paste from the ESPN auction summary email into MFL to help load rosters but it takes some tweaking of pos and names esp the DST.

20 mins tops to get loaded for a commish.

My league voted to quit MFL over their beta live auction a few seasons back. Do not confuse this with their slow auction, which I believe works well. If you need MFL's many other benefits, I strongly suggest running the auction elsewhere (yahoo, ESPN) and then moving the results over manually. We had massive problems two years in a row using MFLs live auction functionality, to the extent that people were close to giving up and quitting the league in the middle of the auction. In one of those years, a major fantasy player was awarded to two teams, and the issue was not uncovered until well into the auction. So we had to roll with two of the same player for an entire season. Many other problems resulted in numerous delays, restarts, undos, etc.

I really like what MFL does well but this league wasn't serious or complicated enough to warrant the cost when we could just hold our auction on ESPN and then host the league there for free. I use MFL for other non auction leagues and I put this league there to support what they do in the first place. Why they can't commit to fixing and streamlining their live auction room is a mystery to me, but unless they drop the beta disclaimer, I would stay away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interested to hear of how this season's engine works out. I just moved a league over to MFL because we needed the customization they provided. I'm a little concerned to hear this about their draft engine. Please keep this updated.

Very interested to hear of how this season's engine works out. I just moved a league over to MFL because we needed the customization they provided. I'm a little concerned to hear this about their draft engine. Please keep this updated.
Just to be clear, their drafts run fine as do their slow auctions. It's the live auction that is the problem.

I am rereading this post and I have to ask the question if MFL has lost it's edge? I have moved to MFL this season because of changes in league setup that CBS could not handle. Should I be concerned about MFL's in season service? Is the Beta Auction draft just a weak link?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread