What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (2 Viewers)

ffrookie

Footballguy
Now that the 2015 FBG Players Championship drafts are started lets start a thread to discuss your teams and ask for feedback from the group.

Enjoy and hopefully the winning team comes from this forum.

No one drafted today? Early drafts are always fun but also really risky or highly rewarding depending on how the preseason goes for some of the players.....I remember folks drafting Julius Thomas late 2 years back and winning leagues with a 18th to 20th round pick

Just finished a draft as I figured I'd try a real early one this year. Not sure what to think of my team as of yet but an interesting draft to start.

QB- Eli, Bradford

RB- Lacy, Murray, Gordon, Cobb, Starks, Cadet

WR- Sanders, Cooper, Charles Johnson, Fitz, Marvin Jones, Harvin, shorts

TE- Ertz, Hill, Cook

K- Barth

D- Cle (play Jets week 1)

OK, I'll go.

5th Pick - Gronk in the 1st, too dominate to pass on, but usually costs elsewhere. Brees in the 6th, about 3 rounds before I usually take a QB, but thought I'd give it a shot. I think these 2 picks don't kill me by themselves, but together took their toll. With some luck might be competitive, but ...

Joe Flacco (BAL) R

Drew Brees (NO)

LeSean McCoy (BUF)

Danny Woodhead (SD)

Denard Robinson (JAC) R

Latavius Murray (OAK)

Isaiah Crowell (CLE)

Nelson Agholor (PHI) R

Marvin Jones (CIN) R

Kendall Wright (TEN) R

Golden Tate (DET)

Danny Amendola (NE) R

Kenny Britt (STL) R

Percy Harvin (BUF) R

Emmanuel Sanders (DEN)

Scott Chandler (NE) R

Rob Gronkowski (NE)

Jordan Cameron (MIA) R

Steven Hauschka (SEA)

STL Team Defense (STL)

If anyone is drafting soon, I would recommend using a browser besides IE. I started the draft on IE and it kept crashing so I moved over to Firefox and it worked well. I'd definitely suggest using Firefox or Chrome as they seem to work better with the new draft room.

Drafted from the 7 spot:

qb

a luck 2nd

rb

l bell 1st

m gordon 4th

a abdullah 6th

d martin 10th

d williams 12th

c artis-payne 14th

m jones 18th

wr

d hopkins 3rd

a robinson 5th

v jackson 7th

j brown 8th

c johnson 9th

d green-beckham 16th

te

c fleener 11th

j amaro 13th

r housler 15th

def

cin 19th

min 20th

k

a vinatieri 17th

Not crazy about my TE haul, but hopefully they get me by.

From the 9th

Stafford,Dalton

L.Miller,C.Hyde,Sankey,D.Cobb,D.Sproles,D.Robinson,Z.Stacey

C.Johnson,J.Nelson,J.Matthews,M.Bryant,D.Baldwin,K.Wright

A.S.Jenkins,L.Donnell

M.Crosby,M.Bryant

Pats

Not pretty but I think I'm one and done this year.

Well it's no fun if nobody gives feedback. So, even though I'm far from expert.... If you have time, please feel free to rip mine.

Just finished a draft as I figured I'd try a real early one this year. Not sure what to think of my team as of yet but an interesting draft to start.

QB- Eli, Bradford

TE- Ertz, Hill, Cook

K- Barth

I think Eli will outperform his draft spot.

Damn fine collection of RB's

If a couple of your WR's step up, you'll be in good shape. Otherwise I see this as a risky group that I'd rather have in a DE format.

I like Ertz a lot. I have no confidence in either Hill or Cook in this format and I'm not sure I would want to rely on them much in a DE format either.

Overall I like it.

Drafted from the 7 spot:

qb

a luck 2nd

rb

l bell 1st

m gordon 4th

a abdullah 6th

d martin 10th

d williams 12th

c artis-payne 14th

m jones 18th

wr

d hopkins 3rd

a robinson 5th

v jackson 7th

j brown 8th

c johnson 9th

d green-beckham 16th

te

c fleener 11th

j amaro 13th

r housler 15th

def

cin 19th

min 20th

k

a vinatieri 17th

Luck!
I think Bell and Gordon are great. If D Will helps the 1st couple of weeks and Abdullah lives up to some people's expectations, this should work out real well.
I like Jackson for a bounce back year. Really not sure about Robinson, I didn't really like his price. A good, not great, group.
TE's, uh oh. I think for a TE premium league you waited too long. You're going to need some luck here.
If you get any luck with your TE's or pick up a TE who can produce for you, or your WR's don't produce more than what I expect, I think your team can compete.

From the 9th

Stafford,Dalton

A.S.Jenkins,L.Donnell

M.Crosby,M.Bryant

Pats

I think Stafford is a good value.
I like Lamar Miller. Kinda meh on Hyde (JMO). I don't have much confidence in either Cobb or Sankey, but maybe on will step up for you. I like Denard more than most and he or Sproles might flex for you. After MIller and Hyde I'd rather have this group in a DE format. You still have 2 starters you can count on and hopefully you'll be able count on one of the other guys as well.
I like your WR group. 2 top starters and probably at least one flex, just not sure who since I'm not a big Matthews fan.
I'd prefer your TE's as #2's, but you should get some production. I kept looking for Donnell in my drafts, but always seemed to just miss him.
I think with a little luck out of your RB's you can compete.

QB- Eli, Bradford

TE- Ertz, Hill, Cook

K- Barth

Nice value on Murray in late 2nd I'm assuming. Pretty dam strong overall. Picking flexes on a weekly basis should be fun/frustrating.

Drafted from the 7 spot:

qb

a luck 2nd

rb

l bell 1st

m gordon 4th

a abdullah 6th

d martin 10th

d williams 12th

c artis-payne 14th

m jones 18th

wr

d hopkins 3rd

a robinson 5th

v jackson 7th

j brown 8th

c johnson 9th

d green-beckham 16th

te

c fleener 11th

j amaro 13th

r housler 15th

def

cin 19th

min 20th

k

a vinatieri 17th

1 word...yikes!

Don't like Luck in the 2nd. Really no qb is worth that investment with 4 pt td's. especially after taking Bell in rd 1. I'm assuming Bell gets 2 games only but still. The RB's behind bell are all question marks also. I love Gordon but Woodhead is primed for that 3rd down role once again. How valuable will Gordon be with a relatively low ceiling for Rec's

WR core is adequate. Not elite by any stretch but definitely serviceable. Charles j in rd 9 easily my favorite pick here. He could be a top-25 WR IMO.

The TE's also leave alot to be desired. You'll need some of that good ol' Lady Luck here if u want to contend.

This ended up very different than what I intended, but I like it. I effed up and didn't get my handcuff for Gore, but stoked that I got him in the 4th. From the 10 hole:

QB: Brees, Flacco

RB: Gordon, Gore, Vereen, Mathews, Oliver, Pierre Thomas (preseason lottery shot)

WR: Julio, Wright, Aghalor, Perriman, Marvin Jones, John Brown, Huff

TE: Jimmy Graham, Cook, Clay

Def and a Kicker

I'm much more bullish on Graham in Seattle than most. I guess we will see. I'm not crazy about taking him in the 2nd, but this is by far the best team I've put together when taking him there (only mocks, though. This one is real). I'm shocked I got Gore in the 4th and that I was able to get the upside WRs that I did. I would have liked to snag a better TE2, but I'll live with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This ended up very different than what I intended, but I like it. I effed up and didn't get my handcuff for Gore, but stoked that I got him in the 4th. From the 10 hole:

RB: Gordon, Gore, Vereen, Mathews, Oliver, Pierre Thomas (preseason lottery shot)

Def and a Kicker

I'm much more bullish on Graham in Seattle than most. I guess we will see. I'm not crazy about taking him in the 2nd, but this is by far the best team I've put together when taking him there (only mocks, though. This one is real). I'm shocked I got Gore in the 4th and that I was able to get the upside WRs that I did. I would have liked to snag a better TE2, but I'll live with it.
Shocked u got Gore at 4.3? I don't think that's too crazy really and I would guess he's going in that area in most drafts. I'm not on the Gore bandwagon. He's never been a big TD guy and now he's with Luck who loves throwing to the TE's on the GL and when he doesnt, he's running it in himself. I don't see an uptick in TD's and I don't see an uptick in usage at the age of 32 with a solid pass catcher in Herron also in the mix. I do think hell be a mid-decent RB2 but really, that's what you're drafting in rd 4 for the most part.

Don't mind Graham at 2.3. Myself, I would have nabbed McCoy/Murray there but hard to argue Graham at 1.5 scoring. Even a year like last yr (85, 890, 10) would be worthy of that pick.

Your RB's will be serviceable enough and with Graham/Brees, you should definitely be competitive. The WR core tho is on the weaker side. There really isn't much behind Julio. Rookie WR's rarely pan out especially when relying on them as a 2-3. But that's also a product of taking qb/te in the 1st 5 rds.

Overall, it's solid but that WR core could be underwhelming.

Def and a Kicker

Shocked u got Gore at 4.3? I don't think that's too crazy really and I would guess he's going in that area in most drafts. I'm not on the Gore bandwagon. He's never been a big TD guy and now he's with Luck who loves throwing to the TE's on the GL and when he doesnt, he's running it in himself. I don't see an uptick in TD's and I don't see an uptick in usage at the age of 32 with a solid pass catcher in Herron also in the mix. I do think hell be a mid-decent RB2 but really, that's what you're drafting in rd 4 for the most part.

Don't mind Graham at 2.3. Myself, I would have nabbed McCoy/Murray there but hard to argue Graham at 1.5 scoring. Even a year like last yr (85, 890, 10) would be worthy of that pick.

Your RB's will be serviceable enough and with Graham/Brees, you should definitely be competitive. The WR core tho is on the weaker side. There really isn't much behind Julio. Rookie WR's rarely pan out especially when relying on them as a 2-3. But that's also a product of taking qb/te in the 1st 5 rds.

Overall, it's solid but that WR core could be underwhelming.
Yeah, that all sounds fair. Every draft I've seen so far Gore has gone in the mid 3rd. It's the 1st time I've seen him fall into the 4th. Frank Gore is an athletic freak, even at 32, and he's not going to be going against 8 in the box on every play. But to your point, there are a lot of mouths to feed in Indy. I expect Mariota to be much better than most think, and that Wright will be a bounce back. I think between Jones, the two rookies, and John Brown at least one of them pans out to go with Julio and Wright. Wright is going way too late in my book. Thanks for the feedback, though.

1 word...yikes!

Don't like Luck in the 2nd. Really no qb is worth that investment with 4 pt td's. especially after taking Bell in rd 1. I'm assuming Bell gets 2 games only but still. The RB's behind bell are all question marks also. I love Gordon but Woodhead is primed for that 3rd down role once again. How valuable will Gordon be with a relatively low ceiling for Rec's

WR core is adequate. Not elite by any stretch but definitely serviceable. Charles j in rd 9 easily my favorite pick here. He could be a top-25 WR IMO.

The TE's also leave alot to be desired. You'll need some of that good ol' Lady Luck here if u want to contend.
RE: Early QB....... I use to think that way but you are assuming that the 2nd round player instead of the QB picked doesn't bust. For example, last year people picked Monte Ball in the 2nd round.....in hindsight wouldn't you have been better off going with an Aaron Rodgers? Last year I waited on QB and ended up with Wilson on one team and Brady on the other.....so maybe I was lucky. What about the people who picked Stafford, Rivers, etc....

Assuming none of your picks bust you are right. I just don't think anyone can draft and not have picks bust. Not saying I like that team......but I wouldn't consider taking a QB early a poor move.

1 word...yikes!

RE: Early QB....... I use to think that way but you are assuming that the 2nd round player instead of the QB picked doesn't bust. For example, last year people picked Monte Ball in the 2nd round.....in hindsight wouldn't you have been better off going with an Aaron Rodgers? Last year I waited on QB and ended up with Wilson on one team and Brady on the other.....so maybe I was lucky. What about the people who picked Stafford, Rivers, etc....

Assuming none of your picks bust you are right. I just don't think anyone can draft and not have picks bust. Not saying I like that team......but I wouldn't consider taking a QB early a poor move.
I agree with you completely!!!!!

I think taking one of the two best QBs can never be a bad move.... Luck won people a lot of money alone last year.

I did one and will post because my draft got messed up due to draft room crashing on me. I actually had the computer auto pick a couple of players for me in the middle of the draft. It still turned out ok but not what it would have by any means.

Brees, Dalton

Lynch, Spiller, Yeldon, Woodhead, Riddick, Payne, White

Julio, Cooks, Agholor, Decker, Royal, S. Johnson

Daniels, Rivera, Walford

Bryant

Houston

It will be interesting to see how this one ends up as the whole team changed due to the crash...

Coots said:
I did one and will post because my draft got messed up due to draft room crashing on me. I actually had the computer auto pick a couple of players for me in the middle of the draft. It still turned out ok but not what it would have by any means.

Brees, Dalton

Lynch, Spiller, Yeldon, Woodhead, Riddick, Payne, White

Julio, Cooks, Agholor, Decker, Royal, S. Johnson

Daniels, Rivera, Walford

Bryant

Houston

It will be interesting to see how this one ends up as the whole team changed due to the crash...
Which were the auto picks? Also, when did you get Owen Daniels? I like him a lot this year.

Regarding the QB decision, yes, getting Luck last year was awesome but that was because his ADP was in the 6th to 8th round. Now his ADP is 2nd round so I do not think it is a wise investment. Yes you get guaranteed points but I would much rather get a combo of Eli and Ryan or Cutler and play match ups and get enough points to win.

ImTheScientist said:
Da Gildz said:
1 word...yikes!Don't like Luck in the 2nd. Really no qb is worth that investment with 4 pt td's. especially after taking Bell in rd 1. I'm assuming Bell gets 2 games only but still. The RB's behind bell are all question marks also. I love Gordon but Woodhead is primed for that 3rd down role once again. How valuable will Gordon be with a relatively low ceiling for Rec's

I see luck potentially having a record breaking season at qb. Like manning 2013 type stuff. #1 qb for most of the year last year, still not in his prime, with better weapons then last year. If this comes to fruition and some of my upside picks hit, this team will be hard to beat. If not, it will still be decent.

I draft leagues like this trying to hit home runs. Also why I wasn't scared to take bell in the 1st. Misses 2 games, then I've got a difference maker.

6-hole, first FBG draft of the season:

Luck (3), Bridgewater (13)

AP (1), Murray (2), Gordon (4), Ingram (5), McKinnon (14), Herron (17)

Wallace (8), Lafell (9), Boldin (10), Colston (11), Baldwin (16), Bowe (18), C. Patterson (20)

Cameron (6), Witten (7), H Miller (12)

NYJ, Prater

Did not anticipate doing what we did with the first 5 picks and ending up with QB early and 4 RBs, but couldn't pass up the perceived value, particularly Luck (3.06) and Ingram (5.06). Could have gone WR at 6 and 7 but didn't like the value, so decided to shore up TE. For having waited until the 8th round to draft our WR1, I think we did OK and got guys we can start at the position. Actually looked at Wallace at 6 and 7, so were glad to get him at 8.

Overall, at this stage of the game most people will like the clubs they drafted (see above..), and we are no exception. Liability at WR, but above average at the other 3 skill positions with good depth. Thoughts appreciated..

Wallace (8), Lafell (9), Boldin (10), Colston (11), Baldwin (16), Bowe (18), C. Patterson (20)

NYJ, Prater

Did not anticipate doing what we did with the first 5 picks and ending up with QB early and 4 RBs, but couldn't pass up the perceived value, particularly Luck (3.06) and Ingram (5.06). Could have gone WR at 6 and 7 but didn't like the value, so decided to shore up TE. For having waited until the 8th round to draft our WR1, I think we did OK and got guys we can start at the position. Actually looked at Wallace at 6 and 7, so were glad to get him at 8.

Overall, at this stage of the game most people will like the clubs they drafted (see above..), and we are no exception. Liability at WR, but above average at the other 3 skill positions with good depth. Thoughts appreciated..
While I agree Gordon/Ingram were values where u got them, I still would have passed given your 1st two picks. I'm just not a fan of the RB-flexes, and especially ones who likely won't catch many passes. I've had a couple teams in the past where I went the 4-RB route and neither turned out particularly well. That's not to say it can't be successful but you are probably behind the 8 ball vs teams throwing out 4 quality WR's.

Then to compound that, you drafted a bunch of WR's who don't catch many balls. Then again, you're not getting a 100-catch guy in rd 8+. I don't know, I would have liked this team alot better going WR/WR in rds 4/5.

2 Hole, Clearly rb2 will be a revolving door

QB Luck/Carr

RB Hyde/Sims/Ivory/Cobb/Herron/Hillman/Khiry

WR Brown/Evans/Landry/Charles J/Adams/JHardy/Hawkins

TE Cameron/Maxx

Haucshka

Bills

2 Hole, Clearly rb2 will be a revolving door

QB Luck/Carr

RB Hyde/Sims/Ivory/Cobb/Herron/Hillman/Khiry

WR Brown/Evans/Landry/Charles J/Adams/JHardy/Hawkins

TE Cameron/Maxx

Haucshka

Bills
I think this team might struggle a bit, you definitely need some help on the waiver wire. You might not have an RB1, we really don't know what Hyde it going to bring. Good Luck

brun said:
Well it's no fun if nobody gives feedback. So, even though I'm far from expert.... If you have time, please feel free to rip mine.

QB- Eli, Bradford

TE- Ertz, Hill, Cook

K- Barth

I think Eli will outperform his draft spot.

Damn fine collection of RB's

If a couple of your WR's step up, you'll be in good shape. Otherwise I see this as a risky group that I'd rather have in a DE format.

I like Ertz a lot. I have no confidence in either Hill or Cook in this format and I'm not sure I would want to rely on them much in a DE format either.

Overall I like it.

Drafted from the 7 spot:

qb

a luck 2nd

rb

l bell 1st

m gordon 4th

a abdullah 6th

d martin 10th

d williams 12th

c artis-payne 14th

m jones 18th

wr

d hopkins 3rd

a robinson 5th

v jackson 7th

j brown 8th

c johnson 9th

d green-beckham 16th

te

c fleener 11th

j amaro 13th

r housler 15th

def

cin 19th

min 20th

k

a vinatieri 17th

Luck!

I think Bell and Gordon are great. If D Will helps the 1st couple of weeks and Abdullah lives up to some people's expectations, this should work out real well.

I like Jackson for a bounce back year. Really not sure about Robinson, I didn't really like his price. A good, not great, group.

TE's, uh oh. I think for a TE premium league you waited too long. You're going to need some luck here.

If you get any luck with your TE's or pick up a TE who can produce for you, or your WR's don't produce more than what I expect, I think your team can compete.

From the 9th

Stafford,Dalton

A.S.Jenkins,L.Donnell

M.Crosby,M.Bryant

Pats

I think Stafford is a good value.

I like Lamar Miller. Kinda meh on Hyde (JMO). I don't have much confidence in either Cobb or Sankey, but maybe on will step up for you. I like Denard more than most and he or Sproles might flex for you. After MIller and Hyde I'd rather have this group in a DE format. You still have 2 starters you can count on and hopefully you'll be able count on one of the other guys as well.

I like your WR group. 2 top starters and probably at least one flex, just not sure who since I'm not a big Matthews fan.

I'd prefer your TE's as #2's, but you should get some production. I kept looking for Donnell in my drafts, but always seemed to just miss him.

I think with a little luck out of your RB's you can compete.
You have more faith in this team than I do.I just don't have any faith in the rbs and after Jordy and Calvin there is a big question mark at wr. Don't even need to comment on the TEs.I think this draft was a big fail for me.But who knows when I thought I had good teams they completely stunk up the place so maybe I am going to do the opposite George thing.

From the 9th

Stafford,Dalton

A.S.Jenkins,L.Donnell

M.Crosby,M.Bryant

Pats

Think you're to down on yourself Rusty. I like this team here. I like it alot actually. Between Miller/Hyde and locking up both Tenn backs, you should get enough production from your backfield. I also think Robinson will play a bigger role then most do. Everyone is pretty much writing him off with Yeldon there now. I'm liking Denard as a value pick this yr.

Your WR core is ridiculous. Yes I love WR's. we get it. So I'm probably partial to this squad. But Baldwin/Wright as your 5/6? My god.

Also don't know why you're down on Those TE's. Donnell will still be a big part of the Giants Offense. And ASJ has big time sleeper appeal IMO.

Dalton/Stafford are more then fine to play matchups with.

You didnt need 2 K's with the new waiver period prior to start but nonetheless , this is a terrific team. Now cue the Coots rebuttal.

Well you guys make me feel a little better but still not holding out much hope for this team.I think I will do one more a little closer to the season.It just seemed like the draft got away from me this time.Matthews in the 3rd and Bryant in the 5th was probably a round to early for both.I'm probably a little uneasy because normally I get a rb in one of the first two rounds this time I waited until the 4th and 6th to get my first two rbs.If I had drafted the way I normally do I could have had at least had Murray, McCoy, or Foster as my #1 rb.Oh well if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ###.

NYJ, Prater

NYJ, Prater

well done sir....damn awesome haul indeed. You have 4 legit RBs who can all get 10+ TDs this year....that is no small feat. The only thing I would have done differently is I would have taken WRs at 6 and 7 and taken Daniels ASJ Fleener at TE and hoped one pans out into top 10

Just finished from the 6th spot in the draft.....loved this one. I got a lot of my targets - Owen Daniels; Jordan Reed; Rivera; Reggie Bush; Gurley; Shorts; Quick

Qb: Peyton (6)

Rb: Charles (1); Gurley (5); Doug Martin (7); David Cobb (9); Sankey (10); Reggie Bush (11); Trent Richardson (20)

Wr: AJ Green (2); Emmanuel Sanders (3); Brandon Marshall (4); Brian Quick (12); Cecil Shorts (16); Cordarelle Patterson (18)

TE: Owen Daniels (8); Charles Clay (13); Jordan Reed (15); Mychal Rivera (17)

K: Mason Crosby (19)

D: Seattle (14)

If Gurley is healthy, this team will be unstoppable all year. If he is not healthy to start the year, hopefully I can get decent RB2 production from the rest. Worst case I can always start Bush until the Titans back field gets resolved and Gurley gets off PUP/healthy.

The only decision I was worried about was at the 4th pick....I had Marshall lined up along with Ingram and Melvin Gordon. But both Gordon and Ingram went right before me making my choice easy. In the 10th round, I had Knile Davis ready to go and he went one pick before me .... please stay healthy this year Jamaal! I would definitely sleep better if I had snagged Knile Davis and Charles Simms too but they both went before I could get them. Of course if Peyton gets injured or is done, I will struggle given Sanders and Daniels are on my team too. When I drafted Peyton in the 6th, Julius Thomas was still sitting there and I had to take my full time but then I decided getting safe top 5 QB production was better than relying on Bortles and Jax.

--------------------------

Just finished from the 6th spot in the draft.....loved this one. I got a lot of my targets - Owen Daniels; Jordan Reed; Rivera; Reggie Bush; Gurley; Shorts; Quick

Rb: Charles (1); Gurley (5); Doug Martin (7); David Cobb (9); Sankey (10); Reggie Bush (11); Trent Richardson (20)

Wr: AJ Green (2); Emmanuel Sanders (3); Brandon Marshall (4); Brian Quick (12); Cecil Shorts (16); Cordarelle Patterson (18)

If Gurley is healthy, this team will be unstoppable all year. If he is not healthy to start the year, hopefully I can get decent RB2 production from the rest. Worst case I can always start Bush until the Titans back field gets resolved and Gurley gets off PUP/healthy.

The only decision I was worried about was at the 4th pick....I had Marshall lined up along with Ingram and Melvin Gordon. But both Gordon and Ingram went right before me making my choice easy. In the 10th round, I had Knile Davis ready to go and he went one pick before me .... please stay healthy this year Jamaal! I would definitely sleep better if I had snagged Knile Davis and Charles Simms too but they both went before I could get them. Of course if Peyton gets injured or is done, I will struggle given Sanders and Daniels are on my team too. When I drafted Peyton in the 6th, Julius Thomas was still sitting there and I had to take my full time but then I decided getting safe top 5 QB production was better than relying on Bortles and Jax.

------------------------

Interesting draft. I'm not a fan of Gurley at all -- I doubt he plays much if at all this year but otherwise like most of your picks and getting Ten combo in 9/10 is great. You have a nice receiver group so long as Marshall works out and I suppose that one of Clay or Reed will likely work out.

I thought you could of done better looking back at the draft board. The league was stacked with veteran players though.. Overall I like your team and good luck.

Interesting draft. I'm not a fan of Gurley at all -- I doubt he plays much if at all this year but otherwise like most of your picks and getting Ten combo in 9/10 is great. You have a nice receiver group so long as Marshall works out and I suppose that one of Clay or Reed will likely work out.
I don't get the Ten combo comments/ love..... A turd is a turd is a turd. Would you have wanted the Ten combo last year?

Why do you not like Gurley? At worst he will miss 6 games right?
Not a fan of Gurley here either. Much rather have Mason in rd 8. And 6 games is over 1/2 the ffpc reg season. I would take very few players in rd 5 if they're missing 6 games. Then again he may not. I do agree with others tho, they likely handle him with kid gloves. Especially with a very capable back in mason there.Having said all that, I like the draft. Getting the Tenn combo at 9/10 is great value. Also a product of drafting early. If 1 of those guys shine in the preseason, they're probably 5th rd picks

From the 9th

Stafford,Dalton

A.S.Jenkins,L.Donnell

M.Crosby,M.Bryant

Pats

Think you're to down on yourself Rusty. I like this team here. I like it alot actually. Between Miller/Hyde and locking up both Tenn backs, you should get enough production from your backfield. I also think Robinson will play a bigger role then most do. Everyone is pretty much writing him off with Yeldon there now. I'm liking Denard as a value pick this yr.

Your WR core is ridiculous. Yes I love WR's. we get it. So I'm probably partial to this squad. But Baldwin/Wright as your 5/6? My god.

Also don't know why you're down on Those TE's. Donnell will still be a big part of the Giants Offense. And ASJ has big time sleeper appeal IMO.

Dalton/Stafford are more then fine to play matchups with.

You didnt need 2 K's with the new waiver period prior to start but nonetheless , this is a terrific team. Now cue the Coots rebuttal.
I think its a good team. Not one that I would draft but that doesn't mean crap... I would like this team a lot better if it was a DE league to be honest..

Was in the same draft last night from the 11 spot...I thought the flow of the draft went well, with few surprises...I think it will be a competitive league all year long. I like my team, but not in love with it.

QB: Wilson (7), Cutler (14), RG3 (18)

RB: Spiller (3), Ellington(4), A. Morris (5), F. Jackson (13), R. Hillman (15), Ridley (20)

WR: Dez (1), Garcon (8), Torrey Smith (9), Bowe (10), Crabtree (12)

TE: Graham (2), Ertz (6), Davis (11)

DEF: Denver (16), Philly (17)

K: Bryant (19)

I regret taking Wilson at 7 bc I planned on taking Cruz on the way back, but he was taken on the turn. That's how I ended up with Garcon. You always see things that you could have done better after the draft...All in all, not too peeved with my first effort.

Was in the same draft last night from the 11 spot...I thought the flow of the draft went well, with few surprises...I think it will be a competitive league all year long. I like my team, but not in love with it.

RB: Spiller (3), Ellington(4), A. Morris (5), F. Jackson (13), R. Hillman (15), Ridley (20)

I regret taking Wilson at 7 bc I planned on taking Cruz on the way back, but he was taken on the turn. That's how I ended up with Garcon. You always see things that you could have done better after the draft...All in all, not too peeved with my first effort.
Very interesting draft here. For a tournament like this, I really like it. Alot of ultra high-upside picks. I really love the Spiller/Ellington picks. Going Dez/Graham off the bat, u took 2 guys at 3/4 who could theoretically produce RB1 #'s. But we know what the downside is and it's not pretty either.

Ertz in rd 6 another upside play here. Does he take that leap and become a 70-80+ catch TE with 8 scores? If so, he's an auto flex play every week.

Regarding the Wilson pick, did the owner after you have a QB already? If not, then can't beat yourself up about it. He could have easily taken Wilson there also. If he did, then yes, that's a mental lapse on your part lol.

All in all, I'm a fan. I'm also a gambler in this type of format. Spiller/Ellington will write your story this year.

Very interesting draft here. For a tournament like this, I really like it. Alot of ultra high-upside picks. I really love the Spiller/Ellington picks. Going Dez/Graham off the bat, u took 2 guys at 3/4 who could theoretically produce RB1 #'s. But we know what the downside is and it's not pretty either.

Ertz in rd 6 another upside play here. Does he take that leap and become a 70-80+ catch TE with 8 scores? If so, he's an auto flex play every week.

Regarding the Wilson pick, did the owner after you have a QB already? If not, then can't beat yourself up about it. He could have easily taken Wilson there also. If he did, then yes, that's a mental lapse on your part lol.

All in all, I'm a fan. I'm also a gambler in this type of format. Spiller/Ellington will write your story this year.
Thanks...The owner after me didn't have a QB when I took Wilson, and that's what made me go after him. I think you are absolutely right. I have a lot riding on Spiller and Ellington. If they come through, I will be thrilled.

I don't get the Ten combo comments/ love..... A turd is a turd is a turd. Would you have wanted the Ten combo last year?
I agree Sankey is a turd...I expect and hope Cobb gets this outright.....in the 10th round, I wanted Knile Davis but some dude picked him one pick before mine....so I went with plan B to get another RB body in place in case I need some help there with Gurley's situation. At worst Cobb gets goal line carries, which can help with bye weeks etc. Also, I am hearing Doug Martin seems rejuvenated and ready to rock the ball in Tampa.

I agree Sankey is a turd...I expect and hope Cobb gets this outright.....in the 10th round, I wanted Knile Davis but some dude picked him one pick before mine....so I went with plan B to get another RB body in place in case I need some help there with Gurley's situation. At worst Cobb gets goal line carries, which can help with bye weeks etc. Also, I am hearing Doug Martin seems rejuvenated and ready to rock the ball in Tampa.
Martin is a wasted pick, you would of been a lot better off by drafting Sims.....

Martin is a wasted pick, you would of been a lot better off by drafting Sims.....
I am hoping being a free agent after this year motivates this dude. See below though for some positive off-season news. I understand the skepticism, trust me. Roll of the dice for sure....worst case I start Reggie Bush at RB2

The Tampa Tribune says Doug Martin had his "best offseason in three years."
Martin has come roaring off the mat, quickly going from the trade block to the heavy favorite to start Week 1. Charles Sims, who averaged 2.8 YPC last year, is likely to be used in his natural pass-catching role and Bobby Rainey projects as a backup in both spots. Although Martin has been one of the worst running backs in the league over the last two seasons, he's a lead runner in a contract year with an eighth-round ADP. As a rookie in 2012, he erupted for a 319-1,454-11 line

Doug Martin has slimmed down this offseason.
Martin expects to play between 220-225, but has dropped five-percent body fat. The Bucs have been getting Martin first-team reps ahead of Charles Sims. Despite the coaching staff's apparent infatuation with scatback Sims, Martin remains in the driver's seat to lead Tampa Bay in carries this season. Jun 13 - 5:34 PM
Source: buccaneers.com

Doug Martin has been getting first-team reps at OTAs.
Martin has the inside track to remain the early-down starter over Charles Sims, who averaged 2.8 YPC as a rookie. "He's on the first team like he’s always been," coach Lovie Smith said of Martin. "He's one of our guys, he's our running back. He's showing up and getting good work. It’s as simple as that." 26 years old, Martin will be worth a mid-round gamble in 2015 fantasy drafts.Jun 5 - 6:08 PM
Source: Pewter Report

Pewter Report's Scott Reynolds said Doug Martin stayed with the Bucs because new OC Dirk Koetter "wanted him back."
Bucs GM Jason Licht mentioned in a radio interview that Koetter liked what he saw from Martin on tape. Though Lovie Smith and the front office appear ready to move on from the oft-injured running back, Martin may have found an ally in Koetter. Martin will battle second-year RB Charles Sims for lead duties in training camp. May 30 - 10:57 AM

Draft Expert or Draft Master. Draft only, then you're done. No in-season roster management.

I am hoping being a free agent after this year motivates this dude. See below though for some positive off-season news. I understand the skepticism, trust me. Roll of the dice for sure....worst case I start Reggie Bush at RB2

Martin has come roaring off the mat, quickly going from the trade block to the heavy favorite to start Week 1. Charles Sims, who averaged 2.8 YPC last year, is likely to be used in his natural pass-catching role and Bobby Rainey projects as a backup in both spots. Although Martin has been one of the worst running backs in the league over the last two seasons, he's a lead runner in a contract year with an eighth-round ADP. As a rookie in 2012, he erupted for a 319-1,454-11 line

Martin expects to play between 220-225, but has dropped five-percent body fat. The Bucs have been getting Martin first-team reps ahead of Charles Sims. Despite the coaching staff's apparent infatuation with scatback Sims, Martin remains in the driver's seat to lead Tampa Bay in carries this season. Jun 13 - 5:34 PM

Martin has the inside track to remain the early-down starter over Charles Sims, who averaged 2.8 YPC as a rookie. "He's on the first team like he’s always been," coach Lovie Smith said of Martin. "He's one of our guys, he's our running back. He's showing up and getting good work. It’s as simple as that." 26 years old, Martin will be worth a mid-round gamble in 2015 fantasy drafts.Jun 5 - 6:08 PM

Pewter Report's Scott Reynolds said Doug Martin stayed with the Bucs because new OC Dirk Koetter "wanted him back."
Bucs GM Jason Licht mentioned in a radio interview that Koetter liked what he saw from Martin on tape. Though Lovie Smith and the front office appear ready to move on from the oft-injured running back, Martin may have found an ally in Koetter. Martin will battle second-year RB Charles Sims for lead duties in training camp. May 30 - 10:57 AM
I was in this draft with you.... It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Coots said:

I was in this draft with you.... It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
LOL - you are always in my drafts Coots ;) ..... which team are you sir?

1. Coots said:

LOL - you are always in my drafts Coots ;) ..... which team are you sir?
    I was your neighbor... You know the team that will WIN it.. lol

Drafted from the 8th spot tonight like this team better than my first one.

P.Manning,Stafford

D.Murray,L.Miller,J.Bell,D.Sproles,D.Robinson,Z.Stacey

D.Thomas,J.Matthews,M.Wallace,V.Cruz,Fitz,Mal Floyd,Sanu

H.Miller,V.Rivera

D.Carpenter,D.Bailey

Pats

Users who are viewing this thread