What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

Not necessarily looking for input, just more informational as I find it interesting to see roster construction from each draft spot and I imagine others do too.

From the 11 spot this past Sunday. Went WR/TE heavy with upside/value at RB with hopes of a breakout from one of the handful. Overall I'm happy with my squad, just need a few hits:

QB: R.Wilson (6), Kaepernick (14)

RB: L.Murray (4), D.Woodhead (7), Crowell (8), A.Blue (11), R.Helu (12), McKinnon (15), D.Lewis (16), K.Williams (18)

WR: D.Thomas (1), Calvin Johnson (2), A.Robinson (5), K.Wright (10), Shorts (20)

TE: T.Kelce (3), D.Allen (9), L.Green (13)

K: McManus (17)

D: NYJ (19)

Regrets:

- Taking Robinson over Landry in the 5th. Was originally hoping to grab Robinson and get Landry after the turn. I missed. Landy should be $$ in PPR this year and have a feeling I'll be kicking myself.

- Not going ASJ over Allen. Hoped to grab Allen in 9th and get ASJ, Donnell or R.Rodgers on return trip for flex options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily looking for input, just more informational as I find it interesting to see roster construction from each draft spot and I imagine others do too.

From the 11 spot this past Sunday. Went WR/TE heavy with upside/value at RB with hopes of a breakout from one of the handful. Overall I'm happy with my squad, just need a few hits:

RB: L.Murray (4), D.Woodhead (7), Crowell (8), A.Blue (11), R.Helu (12), McKinnon (15), D.Lewis (16), K.Williams (18)

WR: D.Thomas (1), Calvin Johnson (2), A.Robinson (5), K.Wright (10), Shorts (20)

Regrets:

- Taking Robinson over Landry in the 5th. Was originally hoping to grab Robinson and get Landry after the turn. I missed. Landy should be $$ in PPR this year and have a feeling I'll be kicking myself.

- Not going ASJ over Allen. Hoped to grab Allen in 9th and get ASJ, Donnell or R.Rodgers on return trip for flex options.
This was a rookie mistake - when debating between two guys, take the guy at higher ADP. Landry is going ten spots before Robinson, on average. If you had taken Landry, Robinson may have been there your next pick.

Wilson in the 6th is a little early; I got him at 8.11 in a FFPC draft last night. If you were looking for upside, Helu in the 12th is not a good pick. He is nothing but a 3rd down back. Same goes for Woodhead in the 7th; decent value if he catches 70 balls but that's a huge IF, and otherwise a wasted pick because he's never going to see early down work.

Your WRs and a healthy Kelce will keep you in contention every week and that's a good thing.

Regrets:

This was a rookie mistake - when debating between two guys, take the guy at higher ADP. Landry is going ten spots before Robinson, on average. If you had taken Landry, Robinson may have been there your next pick.

Wilson in the 6th is a little early; I got him at 8.11 in a FFPC draft last night. If you were looking for upside, Helu in the 12th is not a good pick. He is nothing but a 3rd down back. Same goes for Woodhead in the 7th; decent value if he catches 70 balls but that's a huge IF, and otherwise a wasted pick because he's never going to see early down work.

Your WRs and a healthy Kelce will keep you in contention every week and that's a good thing.
To clarify on the Robinson pick, what had me lean Robinson was his higher TD potential (not much competition) and the potential for Parker to steal some of Landry's RZ looks towards the end of the year. So, went with Robinson first with the hope for Landry to come back as my #4 WR. The guy on the turn went WR/WR, so I wasn't getting both regardless of who I went with. In hindsight, though, I prefer the PPR consistency of Landry to any potential TD variance.

The Helu pick - it's a clear handcuff for Murray. I selected him early because of it. Otherwise, frankly, he wouldn't be on my radar through 20.

Woodhead, I disagree. He's more than a 3rd down back and with Gordon's early struggles, he's set for more snaps. He also gets more RZ carries than many suspect. I believe he's a strong play for a RB2 finish.

Regrets:

I STRONGLY disagree. II think you should take the guy you feel will be best and not let ADP dictate your draft. At the end of the day ADP is just groupthink. I would say letting ADP determine your choice is a rookie mistake. If the other guy makes it back to you with your next pick then great. Minimally you get the player you feel will be best.

ImTheScientist said:
dfine1966 said:
Just finished up one of the weirdest drafts I ever seen. One guy did autopick and wasn't there. It threw everyone off, and sort of messed up the draft. First here is my one and only draft this year. RB's are a little week, but everything else looks sort of o.k. Tell me what you think! Also look on the bottom for the draft the auto bot did. It so sad it is funny.

My Team: From the 2 spot. Antonio Brown went first. Very tough in the front of the draft this year.

Brees, Bortles

AP, Justin Forsett, Isaiah Crowell, Darren McFadden, Bilal Powell (Pretty week except starters. Everytime when I had pick there was no value for a RB at that pick. Maybe I should of reached)

Jordan Matthews, Golden Tate, Kendall Wright, Eddie Royal, Micheal Crabtree, Devin Funchess

Witten, Delanie Walker, Vernon Davis

NY JETS, KC

Hauschka, McManus

Now here is the team that did auto pick. Get ready to laugh.

Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan (yes all 5 on one team)

CJ Anderson, Alfred Morris, Joseph Randle

Michael Floyd, Pierre Garcon, Terrance Williams, Brian Quick

Jared Cook

Josh Scobee, Justin Tucker

St Louis, NE, Baltimore, Philly and Arizona (yes and 5 defenses)

I can't believe the FFPC Commish didn't stop the draft and call the guy. We kept asking him to step in, but he did nothing. I guess he saw nothing wrong in doing this.
Nothing wrong with it. You are free to pick the players you want. I actually don't think your team is that much better than his.
I realized legally he did nothing wrong with his draft. There is nothing in the rules that say he can't draft 5 QB's or 5 Defenses. You are right his team isn't that bad and with some work he could win a good amount of games.

I would though like an honest critique of my whole team. The 2nd pick was hard this year. I would of preferred later in the draft. I noticed in this forum that the better teams seemed to be towards the 7 to 12 spot. In my draft I was going to go Antonio Brown or AP, but was hoping for AB first. All the players I wanted, it seemed, went 1 to 2 players before me. I did the best I could with all the chaos going on in the draft. I know beyond my starting RB's that my bench is week. I don't have an elite WR, but Jordan Matthews could become one and Golden Tate still will be good. The rest of the WR's I thought were serviceable PPR players and Funchess have upside. My TE I thought were pretty good. Please tell me what you like or don't like about this team. I know I need to go to the waiver wire early to get depth in some areas. Last year I picked up Justin Forsett after 1st week. Thanks

I realized legally he did nothing wrong with his draft. There is nothing in the rules that say he can't draft 5 QB's or 5 Defenses. You are right his team isn't that bad and with some work he could win a good amount of games.

I would though like an honest critique of my whole team. The 2nd pick was hard this year. I would of preferred later in the draft. I noticed in this forum that the better teams seemed to be towards the 7 to 12 spot. In my draft I was going to go Antonio Brown or AP, but was hoping for AB first. All the players I wanted, it seemed, went 1 to 2 players before me. I did the best I could with all the chaos going on in the draft. I know beyond my starting RB's that my bench is week. I don't have an elite WR, but Jordan Matthews could become one and Golden Tate still will be good. The rest of the WR's I thought were serviceable PPR players and Funchess have upside. My TE I thought were pretty good. Please tell me what you like or don't like about this team. I know I need to go to the waiver wire early to get depth in some areas. Last year I picked up Justin Forsett after 1st week. Thanks

Brees, Bortles

AP, Justin Forsett, Isaiah Crowell, Darren McFadden, Bilal Powell (Pretty week except starters. Everytime when I had pick there was no value for a RB at that pick. Maybe I should of reached)

Jordan Matthews, Golden Tate, Kendall Wright, Eddie Royal, Micheal Crabtree, Devin Funchess

Witten, Delanie Walker, Vernon Davis

NY JETS, KC

Hauschka, McManus
I think Brees is being over drafted this year, there are other guys I would rather have at that position later. If I didn't get Luck or Wilson I really wanted Tannahill/Bradford/Eli. I don't like Forsett at all. I know everything points to he should be great, I just have a hard time with his age and just the one year of production. I couldn't draft him where he was being drafted. I like Tate. I think Matthews will be inconsistent this year, not a top 10 guy and there are top 10 guys being drafted where Matthews is being drafted IMO. I think Tate will finish higher than Matthews. I would have liked your TE's better if you just ditched the position and drafted Vernon and someone else late and used those other two picks on another position.

As you said, free agent pickups make or break most teams .....so who knows.

Went all out this year and drafted two teams. Some opinions please on which one is the better and if one might have a shot at doing well,thanks:

Team A Team B

QB QB

A.Luck M.Ryan

J.Flacco T.Bridgewater

N.Foles

RB RB

J.Charles L.Lacy

M.Ingram C.J.Anderson

G.Bernard D.Martin

A.Williams T.Mason

J.Starks D.Johnson

J.White A.Williams

WR WR

A.Johnson A.Johnson

S.Watkins E.Sanders

M.Wheaton S.Watkins

R.Randle E.Royal

M.Crabtree T.Williams

C.Latimer R.Randle

M.Jones

TE TE

K.Rudolph Z.Ertz

O.Daniels H.Miller

A.Gates

PK PK

J.Tucker J.Brown

DEF DEF

Houston Carolina

Jax

Me and a buddy split this 4-pack, all from mid August:

QB- Drew Brees, Tom Brady

RB- Rashad Jennings, Chris Ivory, Knile Davis, Dion Lewis, James Starks, Andre Williams, Montee Ball, Dan Herron

WR- Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen

TE- Owen Daniels, Ladarius Green, Charles Clay, Virgil Green

K- Mason Crosby

D- Denver Broncos

QB- Matt Ryan

RB- Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, Bishop Sankey, Dion Lewis, Ronnie Hillman, Cameron Artis-Payne, Montee Ball, Dan Herron

WR- Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Emmanuel Sanders, Sammy Watkins, Breshad Perriman

TE- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Ladarius Green, Virgil Green, Mychal Rivera

K- Mason Crosby

D- Green Bay Packers

QB- Eli Manning

RB- Doug Martin, Joique Bell, Bishop Sankey, Dion Lewis, Cameron Artis-Payne, Jerrick McKinnon, Denard Robinson, Montee Ball, Dan Herron

WR- Calvin Johnson, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen, Markus Wheaton

TE- Owen Daniels, Kyle Rudolph, Virgil Green

K- Brandon McManus

D- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

QB- Matt Ryan, Tom Brady

RB- Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, Arian Foster, Bishop Sankey, Dion Lewis, Cameron Artis-Payne, Montee Ball, Dan Herron

WR- Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins, Dorial Green-Beckham

TE- Owen Daniels, Ben Watson, Virgil Green

K- Stephen Gostkowski

D- Arizona Cardinals

Montee and Herron sort of blew up in our face. At least we know who to drop week 1.

RB- Rashad Jennings, Chris Ivory, Knile Davis, Dion Lewis, James Starks, Andre Williams, Montee Ball, Dan Herron

K- Mason Crosby

D- Denver Broncos

QB- Matt Ryan

RB- Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, Bishop Sankey, Dion Lewis, Ronnie Hillman, Cameron Artis-Payne, Montee Ball, Dan Herron

K- Mason Crosby

D- Green Bay Packers

QB- Eli Manning

RB- Doug Martin, Joique Bell, Bishop Sankey, Dion Lewis, Cameron Artis-Payne, Jerrick McKinnon, Denard Robinson, Montee Ball, Dan Herron

K- Brandon McManus

D- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

QB- Matt Ryan, Tom Brady

RB- Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, Arian Foster, Bishop Sankey, Dion Lewis, Cameron Artis-Payne, Montee Ball, Dan Herron

WR- Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins, Dorial Green-Beckham

K- Stephen Gostkowski

D- Arizona Cardinals

Montee and Herron sort of blew up in our face. At least we know who to drop week 1.
Interesting teams, did you go WR/WR/WR/WR in all four of these drafts or did you pick an RB in round 4 and go back to WR in round 5?

Very nice drafting of D. Lewis, hadn't really heard anythig about him myself to be honest until last week and he may end up being very good (caveat, unless you picked him up via FAAB, in which case I'll just give you kudos for being on top of recent news).

I don't think I'm going to tell you anything you don't know, QBs are going to be in the pack, you need to hit on a couple of your flyer RBs to have an average RB corps and your TEs are going to be likely average. Your biggest strength is obviously your WR/FLEX corps in each league and hope they stay healthy. I tend to like my teams more balanced so if value falls later in the draft I can take advantage of it, but this approach should allow you to stay focused on where you try to improve through FAAB and I agree that if you are going to focus on one position to be really strong at for flex positions, WR is the way to go.

If you don't mind, pop in every once in a while and let us know how you're doing...if it ends up working out for you I may look to try one or two teams out this way next year. Good luck to you.

Went all out this year and drafted two teams. Some opinions please on which one is the better and if one might have a shot at doing well,thanks:

Team A Team B

QB QB

A.Luck M.Ryan

J.Flacco T.Bridgewater

N.Foles

RB RB

J.Charles L.Lacy

M.Ingram C.J.Anderson

G.Bernard D.Martin

A.Williams T.Mason

J.Starks D.Johnson

J.White A.Williams

WR WR

A.Johnson A.Johnson

S.Watkins E.Sanders

M.Wheaton S.Watkins

R.Randle E.Royal

M.Crabtree T.Williams

C.Latimer R.Randle

M.Jones

TE TE

K.Rudolph Z.Ertz

O.Daniels H.Miller

A.Gates

PK PK

J.Tucker J.Brown

DEF DEF

Houston Carolina

Jax
I think they are both good teams and should be competitive, but I personally like team B more...love every one of those WRs...I don't like your TEs on team B but that's the only weakness in your starting lineup and you have decent depth everywhere IMO. Small thing on team A, I don't think I would draft 3 QBs in this format, especially with Luck as my #1. Good luck to you.

K- Mason Crosby

D- Denver Broncos

QB- Matt Ryan

K- Mason Crosby

D- Green Bay Packers

QB- Eli Manning

K- Brandon McManus

D- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

QB- Matt Ryan, Tom Brady

K- Stephen Gostkowski

D- Arizona Cardinals

Interesting teams, did you go WR/WR/WR/WR in all four of these drafts or did you pick an RB in round 4 and go back to WR in round 5?Very nice drafting of D. Lewis, hadn't really heard anythig about him myself to be honest until last week and he may end up being very good (caveat, unless you picked him up via FAAB, in which case I'll just give you kudos for being on top of recent news).

I don't think I'm going to tell you anything you don't know, QBs are going to be in the pack, you need to hit on a couple of your flyer RBs to have an average RB corps and your TEs are going to be likely average. Your biggest strength is obviously your WR/FLEX corps in each league and hope they stay healthy. I tend to like my teams more balanced so if value falls later in the draft I can take advantage of it, but this approach should allow you to stay focused on where you try to improve through FAAB and I agree that if you are going to focus on one position to be really strong at for flex positions, WR is the way to go.

If you don't mind, pop in every once in a while and let us know how you're doing...if it ends up working out for you I may look to try one or two teams out this way next year. Good luck to you.
Didn't draft Lewis. Spent big on him last Friday.

Two were 4 WR to start, the other was Randle in 4, Watkins in 5.

Was in the same draft as you, my final one as well. Was in a league with you last year as well IIRC, we must try to draft around similar times :) I thought you took good advantage of RBs falling further than I'm used to seeing. And I really like Tannehill this year, thought that was a good pickup. Overall a very balanced team.

Here's mine from that draft, from the 2 spot:

QB: Eli Manning, Jay Cutler

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Jeremy Hill, Chris Ivory, LaGarrette Blount, Brandon Oliver, James White

WR: T.Y. Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Wallace, Kendall Wright, Marvin Jones, Allen Hurns, Cody Latimer

TE: Jordan Cameron, Owen Daniels, Charles Clay

K: S. Gostkowski

Def: Miami

If I had known RBs would fall so much, would have taken Gronk with the 2nd pick as I would have been more than happy with a J. Hill/L. Miller starting RB corps. Oh well, think it's decent overall but time will tell. Good luck to you!

Gildz Lewis looked great that first half... I started him in only 5 of 20 or so that I have him in... Just had way better options, started him over B. Marshall in a couple just to have him going tonight.. Need another 8 from him this half..

Coots I want to thank you guys for talking about Lewis in this thread,I didn't get him in the league we are in togethor.You did but of course I didn't even make a bid in that league.But in my local league which prize is nothing to sneeze at I picked him up and he probably is going to help get me the win.You can really gain good info by reading this thread and paying attention.Thanks again.

well I did one more because screw it. Overall I like how my draft went, except my QB and someone snagged Kendall Wright so I just got the boring Marques Colston. I got Peyton Manning in the 8th round and feel like I went for a QB too early. I guess I didn't see a whole lot of value at other positions so maybe I went for it, not sure.

QB: Peyton Manning (8), Colin Kaepernick (16)

RB: Frank Gore (3), Ameer Abdullah (5), Devonta Freeman (7), Roy Helu (11), Charles Sims (12), Stevan Ridley (14), Brandon Bolden (15), James White (18)

WR: Odell Beckham (1), Mike Evans (4), Sammy Watkins (6), Marques Colston (10), Brandon LaFell (13), Cole Beasley (17)

TE: Greg Olsen (2), Antonio Gates (9)

K: Josh Scobee (20)

Def: Detroit (19)

well I did one more because screw it. Overall I like how my draft went, except my QB and someone snagged Kendall Wright so I just got the boring Marques Colston. I got Peyton Manning in the 8th round and feel like I went for a QB too early. I guess I didn't see a whole lot of value at other positions so maybe I went for it, not sure.

RB: Frank Gore (3), Ameer Abdullah (5), Devonta Freeman (7), Roy Helu (11), Charles Sims (12), Stevan Ridley (14), Brandon Bolden (15), James White (18)

WR: Odell Beckham (1), Mike Evans (4), Sammy Watkins (6), Marques Colston (10), Brandon LaFell (13), Cole Beasley (17)

My rankings are different than yours but I think you'll have troubles. RB's are weak IMO and you'll be getting a lot of weeks with single digits from your RB2. Add in the talk that Gore will be on a pitch count early in the season so he probably won't score like a true #1 RB. I do like him as I have him as a #2 RB on one of my teams. Only way this works out for you IMO is if Abdullah really steps up and even then you'll have bye week issues with the guys on your bench.

I don't see an issue with where you took a QB. You don't mention your draft spot but I'd assume it was in the late half of the first because OBJ was your pick. Given that I think the bigger issue was Olsen in the 2nd. Olsen went early 3rd in my most recent draft so you probably over drafted him and could have filled a more important RB spot at that point.

Coots I want to thank you guys for talking about Lewis in this thread,I didn't get him in the league we are in togethor.You did but of course I didn't even make a bid in that league.But in my local league which prize is nothing to sneeze at I picked him up and he probably is going to help get me the win.You can really gain good info by reading this thread and paying attention.Thanks again.
No problem man.. Hopefully he can ride the momentum with Blount coming back. I think he has the passing down role no matter what...

My rankings are different than yours but I think you'll have troubles. RB's are weak IMO and you'll be getting a lot of weeks with single digits from your RB2. Add in the talk that Gore will be on a pitch count early in the season so he probably won't score like a true #1 RB. I do like him as I have him as a #2 RB on one of my teams. Only way this works out for you IMO is if Abdullah really steps up and even then you'll have bye week issues with the guys on your bench.

I don't see an issue with where you took a QB. You don't mention your draft spot but I'd assume it was in the late half of the first because OBJ was your pick. Given that I think the bigger issue was Olsen in the 2nd. Olsen went early 3rd in my most recent draft so you probably over drafted him and could have filled a more important RB spot at that point.
Problem is if he wanted Olsen he wouldn't of made it back to him.. Pulling him up 7 or 8 spots isn't reaching for someone..

Coots said:
Gildz Lewis looked great that first half... I started him in only 5 of 20 or so that I have him in... Just had way better options, started him over B. Marshall in a couple just to have him going tonight.. Need another 8 from him this half..
Dion looked tremendous. Would have loved that last screen pass. He had 30 yds down the field there if Brady doesn't overthrow it. I was most excited about his rushing success. He could even get 10+ carries/week. He's no slouch rushing it. Any other team, he's a RB2 with upside. With Belicheck, he's a legit flex until further notice. If this kid can stay healthy, sky is the limit.

BTW. Lewis and Forsett are the exact same size and weight. Just sayin...one can dream.

Coots said:
Dion looked tremendous. Would have loved that last screen pass. He had 30 yds down the field there if Brady doesn't overthrow it. I was most excited about his rushing success. He could even get 10+ carries/week. He's no slouch rushing it. Any other team, he's a RB2 with upside. With Belicheck, he's a legit flex until further notice. If this kid can stay healthy, sky is the limit.

BTW. Lewis and Forsett are the exact same size and weight. Just sayin...one can dream.
He is going to be hit or miss every week......

Coots said:

He is going to be hit or miss every week......
Same goes for 80% of players not taken in the top few rds. Vereen finished RB20 last year and that was finishing with 840 total yds only. The 3rd down back in New Eng has been the 1 constant the last few years. That player has been a solid flex option w/upside. Lewis 'can' be even better then Vereen/Woodhead. Lewis was a feature back in college also. And not at some rinky dink div 2 school. He can hold his own rushing. Heck he rushed it 325 times his freshman yr for 1,800 yds.

The question will be his health. But if he's on the field, he's going to be a very solid option in PPR's. also helps that Bolden runs like he's stuck in mud and Blount is 1 dimensional.

Dion Lewis will be the pickup of the year. Mark it down. Just happened to be prior to week 1. Well for savvy owners at least. Be happy if he's sitting on your wires.

Problem is if he wanted Olsen he wouldn't of made it back to him.. Pulling him up 7 or 8 spots isn't reaching for someone..
He might have been there is the point. I've seen Olsen go from early 3rd to mid 4th in drafts. I get the draft who you like but that doesn't change the fact that he took him earlier than he might have needed to.

Like I said, I'm sure my rankings are different than his. I didn't see Olsen as a mid 2nd rounder this year.

I never considered going this strategy but its just how things fell so I ended up with Gronk/Luck. It was fun to try and I think I'll be ok.

QB: Luck (2)

RB: Bernard (4), Gurley (5), Sankey (12), Sprolles (9), Bush (11), Cadet (17), D-WIlliams (10)

WR: Evans (3), Marshall (6), D-Jackson (7), Cruz (8), Patterson (14), Stills (15), Sanu (16), Shorts (18)

TE: Gronk (1), Reed (13)

K: Walsh (20)

D: Carolina (19)

Had the 4th pick and the two guys I would have taken over Gronk went. Then on they way back it was down to Hill, TY, or Cobb....my buddy I drafted with hates them all so we said screw it and went Luck. Typically Im a draft a QB late guy but Im excited to see how this turns out.....Really went against the grain here. I feel pretty confident every year I can find one wavier wire gem at RB. Also drafted D-Will one pick before the Bell owner which made me happy. Im certain he was going with him with one of his next two picks.
DWill is a wasted pick There was an article recently that the Steelers will go full RBBC using Archer etc when Bell is out so you are not going to get any production from DWill. That dude is done anyways....he had one good year in his entire career.....never seen a RB make so much $$ being so useless
:lmao:

As I was saying. He is a solid guy to have for the first two weeks. Especially while Im waiting for Gurley to return. Gets me some time.

Dion Lewis will be the pickup of the year. Mark it down. Just happened to be prior to week 1. Well for savvy owners at least. Be happy if he's sitting on your wires.
I will take the under. Its much more likely everyone starts him next week and busts. I wouldn't want any part of the Patriots run game. The gameplan changes so much week to week you will get as many great weeks as you will goose eggs. Vereen last year had 7 games where he was a great start and 10 games where he was a bad start. Lewis and his usage was a result of not having Blount. Good luck guessing week to week. :shrug:

He might have been there is the point. I've seen Olsen go from early 3rd to mid 4th in drafts. I get the draft who you like but that doesn't change the fact that he took him earlier than he might have needed to.

Like I said, I'm sure my rankings are different than his. I didn't see Olsen as a mid 2nd rounder this year.
In my last 3 drafts he has gone 2nd round in two of them and then yesterday in my 5K FFPC draft he went 3.1.. No way he is making it back now.. He was going that late before because Benjamin wasn't hurt..

Well here is my ME team.. Overall I think its ok, I will need to be a good coach.. Had pick 9 and Lewis went mid 7th round by the way..

P. Manning, Kaepernick

Ingram, Stewart, Spiller, Woodhead, J. Robinson, B. Powell

ODB, AJ Green, A. Jeffery, Boldin, Funchess, J. Jones

Gates, Davis, Clay

Jets, Green Bay, McManus

Not worried about having both Ingram and Spiller as I believe they fill different roles and will each get theirs..

Let me Know

Well here is my ME team.. Overall I think its ok, I will need to be a good coach.. Had pick 9 and Lewis went mid 7th round by the way..

P. Manning, Kaepernick

Gates, Davis, Clay

Jets, Green Bay, McManus

Not worried about having both Ingram and Spiller as I believe they fill different roles and will each get theirs..

Let me Know
Overall, I think its pretty solid and love your first 3 WRs. Not sure if it has the upside to win the whole tournament but that is what waiver wire gems are for.

Guess I'll share my ME team as well:

QB- Eli, Winston

RB- Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Joique Bell, Dion Lewis, Josh Robinson, Taliaferro,

WR- Edelman, Golden Tate, Maclin, Stevie Johnson, Stills, Corey Brown

TE- Cameron, Heath Miller, Richard Rodgers, Gillmore

K/D- Denver, Parkey

P. Manning, Kaepernick

Gates, Davis, Clay

Jets, Green Bay, McManus

Let me Know
Do you mind posting a screen shot of the draft board

Curious where New England and Pittsburgh players were drafted.

Since the ME drafts are ongoing, I think its best that we don't share the boards. Most significant mover was Dion Lewis, who I took in the 10th in my draft and it sounds like he went in the 7th in Coots' draft. Also, Brady went a lot earlier then before-- 7th round in my draft. Other guys were roughly in-line with before.

Since the ME drafts are ongoing, I think its best that we don't share the boards. Most significant mover was Dion Lewis, who I took in the 10th in my draft and it sounds like he went in the 7th in Coots' draft. Also, Brady went a lot earlier then before-- 7th round in my draft. Other guys were roughly in-line with before.
How about Edelman?

sorry forgot to mention. Yes drafted from the 10 spot, and that is a good point on Olsen... probably wouldn't have been able to snag him in the 3rd.

http://myffpc.com/DraftBoardStandard.aspx?ltuid=850-3013766815B9

Edelman went in mid 3rd although I took him so not sure if that's the right value

P. Manning, Kaepernick

Gates, Davis, Clay

Jets, Green Bay, McManus

Let me Know
I would echo FFrookies sentiments. Overall it's solid but I don't see this as a championship contender. Those RB's just don't have great upside. I don't foresee both Ingram and Spiller being top backs. I can see alot of variability week to week with those 2. I know many are high on Ingram, I'm just not 1 of them. Payton is a gunslinger at heart and I don't buy them converting to a run-heavy offense. Brees will still be slinging it at the end of the day. I believe Spiller will still be the better play every week he's actually on the field. JStew is serviceable but I also think his upside is capped. I just can't fathom opposing D's not jamming that box all day long. This Panther offense w/o Benjamin is probably the worst in football. Ok well outside of Cleveland. I know u prefer JStew over Hyde but I'm still going Hyde there. They at least have some semblance of offensive firepower to take the heat off the running game.

It's still very solid overall, but just lacks the upside potential u need to take this thing down.

Guess I'll share my ME team as well:

QB- Eli, Winston

RB- Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Joique Bell, Dion Lewis, Josh Robinson, Taliaferro,

WR- Edelman, Golden Tate, Maclin, Stevie Johnson, Stills, Corey Brown

TE- Cameron, Heath Miller, Richard Rodgers, Gillmore

K/D- Denver, Parkey
I definitely prefer this one. Really nice squad here. Where did Lewis go? Seems like u still got him pretty late here. Really nice mix of consistent every week producers with high-upside players. If Calvin gets hurt again, this squad could be monster. Even if Calvin does stay on the field, this team has a chance to be special.

P. Manning, Kaepernick

Gates, Davis, Clay

Jets, Green Bay, McManus

Let me Know
I would echo FFrookies sentiments. Overall it's solid but I don't see this as a championship contender. Those RB's just don't have great upside. I don't foresee both Ingram and Spiller being top backs. I can see alot of variability week to week with those 2. I know many are high on Ingram, I'm just not 1 of them. Payton is a gunslinger at heart and I don't buy them converting to a run-heavy offense. Brees will still be slinging it at the end of the day. I believe Spiller will still be the better play every week he's actually on the field. JStew is serviceable but I also think his upside is capped. I just can't fathom opposing D's not jamming that box all day long. This Panther offense w/o Benjamin is probably the worst in football. Ok well outside of Cleveland. I know u prefer JStew over Hyde but I'm still going Hyde there. They at least have some semblance of offensive firepower to take the heat off the running game.

It's still very solid overall, but just lacks the upside potential u need to take this thing down.
What caps Jstews upside other than health?

P. Manning, Kaepernick

Gates, Davis, Clay

Jets, Green Bay, McManus

Let me Know
I would echo FFrookies sentiments. Overall it's solid but I don't see this as a championship contender. Those RB's just don't have great upside. I don't foresee both Ingram and Spiller being top backs. I can see alot of variability week to week with those 2. I know many are high on Ingram, I'm just not 1 of them. Payton is a gunslinger at heart and I don't buy them converting to a run-heavy offense. Brees will still be slinging it at the end of the day. I believe Spiller will still be the better play every week he's actually on the field.JStew is serviceable but I also think his upside is capped. I just can't fathom opposing D's not jamming that box all day long. This Panther offense w/o Benjamin is probably the worst in football. Ok well outside of Cleveland. I know u prefer JStew over Hyde but I'm still going Hyde there. They at least have some semblance of offensive firepower to take the heat off the running game.

What caps Jstews upside other than health?
Not only that but I feel its waaayyyyyy too early to say any team doesn't have the upside to take the whole thing down... We know nothing right now as injuries will play a huge part in the season..

I believe with those 3 receivers who can put up over 30 any game they play anything can happen with this team.. Stewarts shoot out schedule is by far the easiest if he is still healthy at that point.. Getting NO rush defense twice within those 3 weeks he could easily average over 25 points a game.. Gotta get there first though and that is always a grind..

Cannot wait for tomorrow to kick things off..

Well here is my second ME... This team is full of upside.. Brees in 9th was great.. If one of the last 4 RBs step up this team could be very good down the stretch..

Brees, Kaepernick

L. Miller, A. Ellington, D. Lewis, M. Jones, C. Michael, J. Robinson, T. Riddick

A. Brown, A. Jeffery, D. Adams, J. Brown, D. Funchess, B. Coleman, D. Moncrief

T. Eifert, V. Davis

Jets, McManus

I know this is a FPC thread, but I just drafted a FFPC main event team, and was hoping to get some feedback. I wasn't too happy with the one pick, but I like where things fell out. I hope I am not too delusional.

Wilson (10), Bradford (11) .... Wanted Bradford, but still concerned about injury, so I wanted some as good or better in case I need to switch. Incidentally, 7 QBs were drafted before my next pick, so I really feel like a struck at the right time with the double up on the turn.

Forsett (2), Ellington (4), Gio (6), Jennings (8), Sims (13).... My strategy was to take best RB and WR on the turn for 4 rounds. I felt this was the best way to get balance across the boards after going TE first overall.

Matthews (3), VJax (5), Decker (7), Mike Floyd (9), Marvin Jones (12), Cotchery (17), Bowe (20).... Maybe a weakness for me here, but I really like the upside of Matthews (took him over Hopkins). I think I can find the points I need out of this squad, but I will be keeping an eye out for a WR off the WW.

Gronk (1), Max Williams (14), Josh Hill (15), L. Green (18) .... I was planning to go ADP first overall, but with the 3TD performance on Thursday, its tough to give up 34 points to start your first week off right. I punted the position from there, but was looking for a decent play during Gronks bye (week 4, Balt is playing Pitt, and NO is playing Dallas) Probably my biggest reach, but pickings for TE were slim at this point, and I felt good about my team at that point.

Bryant (19) ... Its a kicker

Phi D (16)... mostly for the return potential. Their special teams is sick, and they also tend to put other teams in passing situations, so that gives them an edge against lesser competition.

I think this team has a chance to do some damage.

Keep in mind that MIN has a bad run D and the game script will shift if the Niners aren't controlling the game. That being said, if Bush is out its a huge boost for Hyde.

Users who are viewing this thread