What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Offseason IDP Content [Guru series, Tiers, Podcasts, and more] (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Link to page with running list of all IDP Content

Landing page for projections from Norton and Rudnicki and multiple sets of positional rankings

NOTE: You can find all of these articles and some of the best work from IDP minds around the industry in the FootballGuys Magazine app. If interested in previous versions of the tier articles and pre-draft prospect reviews, you can find them linked within the running list of IDP features above.

Eyes of the Guru (Norton)

AFC West -- August 3

NFC West -- July 30

AFC East -- July 27

NFC East -- July 21

AFC North -- July 16

NFC North -- July 10

AFC South -- July 3

NFC South -- June 27

Current Tiers (Bramel)

Defensive Line -- September 2

Linebacker -- September 2

Defensive Back -- September 2

RTD: Preseason Camp Update 4 | Bramel (September 1)

RTD: Preseason Camp Update 3 | Bramel (August 26)

RTD: Preseason Camp Update 2 | Bramel (August 19)

EOTG: Preseason Notes | Norton (August 17)

RTD: Sack-Heavy IDP Strategy | Bramel (August 16)

IDP Value Buys | Simpkins (August 13)

RTD: Preseason Camp Notes 1 | Bramel (August 9)

IDP Bets for Breakout | Larkin (July 31)

What's Vexing You Q&A | Bramel (July 22)

Combined Rookie Draft Board 2.0 | Bramel (July 5)

Evolution of IDP Fantasy Football | Norton (June 18)

RTD: Free Agency Review | Bramel (March 19)

RTD: Coaching and Scheme Changes | Bramel (February 10)

Dynasty IDP Strategy Guide (Simpkins)

Part 1 - Talent Evaluation -- July 5

Part 2 - Player Scarcity -- July 9

Part 3 - Using a Redraft Approach -- July 10

Part 4 - Streaming Matchups -- July 11

Part 5 - The Start-Up Draft -- July 15

IDP Podcasts

Camp News and Notes (Sep 1)

Camp News and Notes (Aug 25)

Camp News and Notes (Aug 19

Camp News and Notes (Aug 11)

Offseason Movement (June 2)

Rookie Review (June 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Vexing You Q&A linked above.

Includes my thoughts on camp battles, injuries, process, strategies, DFS, and lots more.

Full Guru Series now posted, along with Bets for IDP Breakouts by Dave Larkin. I'm posting an RTD with camp notes today. Tier updates coming this week.

Updated the DL tiers to reflect the expected re-classification of Khalil Mack.

Posted LB tiers.

Recording next podcast tomorrow night.

:football:

Awesome stuff Jene, thanks. Any thoughts on putting more emphasis on those of us who play in big play leagues? I play in 4 leagues and 3 of them would be considered to be big play leagues. The tiers stuff is an awesome read, but not getting much info as to see how the tiers would break out for big play leagues, especially the LB tier. You really only talk about 3 players in the LB article adn they are pretty obvious. Just curious to see where you would have guys like Kuechley intercede with Kerrigan in a big play league. And also some tiers after that. A big play league article would be greatly appreciated.

I realize you only have so much time, just giving a little feedback to hopefully get something going for those of us who play in big play leagues. I have seen more and more of these pop up in recent years.

Second the request for some big-play specific analysis! As is, what you're giving us is solid enough to extrapolate, but would love to see the tailored info as well.

southeastjerome said:
Awesome stuff Jene, thanks. Any thoughts on putting more emphasis on those of us who play in big play leagues? I play in 4 leagues and 3 of them would be considered to be big play leagues. The tiers stuff is an awesome read, but not getting much info as to see how the tiers would break out for big play leagues, especially the LB tier. You really only talk about 3 players in the LB article adn they are pretty obvious. Just curious to see where you would have guys like Kuechley intercede with Kerrigan in a big play league. And also some tiers after that. A big play league article would be greatly appreciated.

I realize you only have so much time, just giving a little feedback to hopefully get something going for those of us who play in big play leagues. I have seen more and more of these pop up in recent years.
Arodin said:
Second the request for some big-play specific analysis! As is, what you're giving us is solid enough to extrapolate, but would love to see the tailored info as well.
I hear you guys. I prefer leagues skewed toward the big play side of balanced, too.

Tiers and camp notes (and injury updates) will take precedence here, but I'll try really hard to put together a strategy feature with some data in the next couple of weeks.

southeastjerome said:

Arodin said:
I hear you guys. I prefer leagues skewed toward the big play side of balanced, too.

Tiers and camp notes (and injury updates) will take precedence here, but I'll try really hard to put together a strategy feature with some data in the next couple of weeks.
Thank you Jene. The obvious sack heavy guys are easy to sort out and I would imagine your DL tier would be the same or very similar for a big play league vs. standard. The issue I have is where to slot the heavy sack edge rushers with the David, Kuechley, Bowman, Mosley type of guys and what other LB's that may not get a ton of sacks will get enough and a lot of tackles to make them more valuable in a big play than standard and where would they rank (i.e. guys like Barr and Ogletree). Basically a LB tiers/rankings (even a top 20) would be huge. I don't even need a lot of comments, rankings/tiers with one sentence per player would have me satisfied. The DL side as well. I don't think we'd need much more than a tidbit or two on DB's because it is a crapshoot.

I don't want this to come off as complaining. I think everyone appreciates your articles. Your tiers and RTD are some of the main reasons I subscribe to this site. Just hoping you can share your expertise in some leagues that I see becoming more and more common.

southeastjerome said:

Arodin said:

Thank you Jene. The obvious sack heavy guys are easy to sort out and I would imagine your DL tier would be the same or very similar for a big play league vs. standard. The issue I have is where to slot the heavy sack edge rushers with the David, Kuechley, Bowman, Mosley type of guys and what other LB's that may not get a ton of sacks will get enough and a lot of tackles to make them more valuable in a big play than standard and where would they rank (i.e. guys like Barr and Ogletree). Basically a LB tiers/rankings (even a top 20) would be huge. I don't even need a lot of comments, rankings/tiers with one sentence per player would have me satisfied. The DL side as well. I don't think we'd need much more than a tidbit or two on DB's because it is a crapshoot.

I don't want this to come off as complaining. I think everyone appreciates your articles. Your tiers and RTD are some of the main reasons I subscribe to this site. Just hoping you can share your expertise in some leagues that I see becoming more and more common.
I'm going to re-run the numbers today or this weekend. My guess will be strategy recommendations will be similar to this "oldie, but goodie" from 2008.

But I'm not certain enough to say the same seven years later. I doubt I'll be redoing the tiers, but the plan would be to present the data, make some general strategy recommendations, and note some players who would move significantly. Given the differences in big play systems, my suggestion is always to run things through the customizable MyFBG tool or a sham MFL league and see exactly how the value changes.

Depending on what the data suggests I may add a big play booster column to the LB tiers (and possibly the DL tiers) to show my leanings vs John's projections and what ADP data I've been able to cobble.

Done and posted above.

I'll make some adjustments to the tier article, too.

Where would you rank Kikaha as a DL? He is listed as DE in my league and I'm sure his value increases some.
Upside DL3 at best. I'm not sure how he'll fare as an all-around player as a rookie. And I'm generally not high on rookie edge rushers. Maybe there's Anthony Barr potential here, but I'm going to need some on-field convincing.

Also, I'm not seeing Denzel Perryman
Thanks, I'll add him into the dynasty stash tier.

Does Swearinger emerging mean a slight downgrade for McDougald? There's already a bit of competition for tackles on that defense.

Hi Jene,

In your last article among every down LBs Sio Moore is still in Oakland.

Other than that, do you think that in Miami will be Sheppard and not Misi to play every down?

Never mind - didn't notice this was last year's content.

Bummed there was no IDP podcast before real life week 1 this year. Expected one to drop 9/8/16 or 9/9/16. Nope. 

:(

Users who are viewing this thread