What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JPP's amputation thread (1 Viewer)

This a BS article? How could NFL.com or ESPN not have this?
It's legit. TMZ has it, Bleacher Report, etc. I am sure the big guys are just waiting for an official source/clear facts before reporting the speculation.

"No U-Haul's full of fireworks" will now be in all Giants contracts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Penguin said:
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 13m13 minutes ago
Jason Pierre-Paul expected to meet with doctors, they will have their say, but early indications are, hand injury is not career threatening.
Penguin said:
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 13m13 minutes ago
Jason Pierre-Paul expected to meet with doctors, they will have their say, but early indications are, hand injury is not career threatening.
Glad to hear. What an idiot. But never want to see someone's career end on something so dumb.

The Giants had to know the "Plax-clauses" (no fireworks shoved down your sweat pants) would never be enough.

Seriously though, what is the fascination grown men have with fireworks? If you are a dumb kid, sure. Or if you just loved being bathed in the cologne of sulfur, I get it. For the rest of us how is lighting $1k of noise and flashes in 15 minutes being "patriotic"? How old were you when you learned not to light fireworks you are holding in your hand? There is definitely some sort of inverse corolation between intelligence and a fascination with fireworks.

"Dude, if you love this I have a screen saver you can stare at for DAYS! It will blow your MIND!"

This guy made a mistake doing something on the 4th that millions and millions here do to celebrate. The lack of compassion is nothing short of astounding.

I sincerely hope he recovers as much as is possible for him. I hope just as much that some who have posted here feel some shame and maybe grow some sympathy going forward.

@AndySlater: Jason Pierre-Paul update: As of 90 mins ago, he was still in hospital. Hand injury so severe, he could still possibly lose it.

Then there is this!

:(

@DanGrazianoESPN: I am told Pierre-Paul has some burns on one hand and they are checking his fingers for nerve damage but prognosis is not terrible.

Ok, this sounds like it might not be too bad. Keep up hope.

I hope he's OK

Curious delay in news here as this happened last night, the delay makes me guess it's serious-something worth hiding from the press as long as they can

The Giants had to know the "Plax-clauses" (no fireworks shoved down your sweat pants) would never be enough.

Seriously though, what is the fascination grown men have with fireworks? If you are a dumb kid, sure. Or if you just loved being bathed in the cologne of sulfur, I get it. For the rest of us how is lighting $1k of noise and flashes in 15 minutes being "patriotic"? How old were you when you learned not to light fireworks you are holding in your hand? There is definitely some sort of inverse corolation between intelligence and a fascination with fireworks.

"Dude, if you love this I have a screen saver you can stare at for DAYS! It will blow your MIND!"
The 4th of July is the only holiday between minicamps and training camp. I imagine it's quite important to all NFL players to spend time with their family and that many of them "make a day of it" with BBQ and fireworks at night. From TC til after Christmas, their time with family becomes limited.

This guy made a mistake doing something on the 4th that millions and millions here do to celebrate. The lack of compassion is nothing short of astounding.
Oh, so doing something stupid is okay, because many others are just as stupid?
Nobody says what he did was okay. He used fireworks on the 4th and made a mistake with them. I assume you've never made a bad mistake in your life?

How about showing some sympathy for a mistake that caused him some severe physical trauma? It's not that difficult.

why do you hate america?

The Giants had to know the "Plax-clauses" (no fireworks shoved down your sweat pants) would never be enough.Seriously though, what is the fascination grown men have with fireworks? If you are a dumb kid, sure. Or if you just loved being bathed in the cologne of sulfur, I get it. For the rest of us how is lighting $1k of noise and flashes in 15 minutes being "patriotic"? How old were you when you learned not to light fireworks you are holding in your hand? There is definitely some sort of inverse corolation between intelligence and a fascination with fireworks.

why do you hate america?
It's even worse than you know. I may have watched some BBC on the 4th. No black pudding though, and I am certain I brushed my teeth that day.

What a bad move by the Giants. It's probably not going to have any affect on how he plays and now one of the best young DEs in the league probably doesn't want to play for you.

No doubt this was a dumb thing for JPP to do but in the mess of bad things players do off the field this is probably the least worrisome.
Well the year franchise tagged players play seems to be so very important. If they rock they break the bank, if not it costs them. It's a gamble. Even the best DEs have meh years.

What a bad move by the Giants. It's probably not going to have any affect on how he plays and now one of the best young DEs in the league probably doesn't want to play for you.

No doubt this was a dumb thing for JPP to do but in the mess of bad things players do off the field this is probably the least worrisome.
Totally disagree. Chances are, team doctors have not even seen him. Why would they accept the risk on a huge contract for a guy that could have long-term injury issues? Easy enough to put the offer back on the table when/if they are satisfied there are no long-term issues. They would be crazy NOT to pull that offer IMO.

@BartHubbuch: Those initial reports on the severity of Jason Pierre-Paul's injuries apparently came from Dr. Stevie Wonder.

:lmao:

Holy Schneikes said:
Borden said:
jurb26 said:
What a bad move by the Giants. It's probably not going to have any affect on how he plays and now one of the best young DEs in the league probably doesn't want to play for you.No doubt this was a dumb thing for JPP to do but in the mess of bad things players do off the field this is probably the least worrisome.
Totally disagree. Chances are, team doctors have not even seen him. Why would they accept the risk on a huge contract for a guy that could have long-term injury issues? Easy enough to put the offer back on the table when/if they are satisfied there are no long-term issues. They would be crazy NOT to pull that offer IMO.
Fair point from one aspect but lots of players have played fine with clubs and casts on their hands. From reports JPP didn't lose any digits so the only thing in question is how well he can close his hand. Of all the positions DE is probably on of the least to need finger dexterity.

I guess my point is that it likely isn't going to be a long term issue so why ruin long term talks because of a short term injury. If he goes to free agency my guess is the Giants won't be able to resign him.

It could also be that team doctors haven't looked at him and that they a just pulling the deal until they know exactly the extent of the injury. Still though it's not showing much faith in the player.

Fair point from one aspect but lots of players have played fine with clubs and casts on their hands. From reports JPP didn't lose any digits so the only thing in question is how well he can close his hand. Of all the positions DE is probably on of the least to need finger dexterity.I guess my point is that it likely isn't going to be a long term issue so why ruin long term talks because of a short term injury. If he goes to free agency my guess is the Giants won't be able to resign him.

It could also be that team doctors haven't looked at him and that they a just pulling the deal until they know exactly the extent of the injury. Still though it's not showing much faith in the player.
It came out a day after it happened and that girl posted pics on twitter of them together...it might be, could be, he ignored the Gmen for a day or told em' nothing was wrong etc. I guess we may never know but teams do take offense when players are anything but direct about reporting injuries to them.

DE is a position you need your hands for. The hand will often go by the OT shoulder and he slaps it away, one or two hands on the ground etc.

I don't envision him playing a game in a cast, it's not some Superbowl or playoff game he needs to battle pain to play in. If it's still a problem by week one, they have pretty good depth.

Fair point from one aspect but lots of players have played fine with clubs and casts on their hands. From reports JPP didn't lose any digits so the only thing in question is how well he can close his hand. Of all the positions DE is probably on of the least to need finger dexterity.I guess my point is that it likely isn't going to be a long term issue so why ruin long term talks because of a short term injury. If he goes to free agency my guess is the Giants won't be able to resign him.

It came out a day after it happened and that girl posted pics on twitter of them together...it might be, could be, he ignored the Gmen for a day or told em' nothing was wrong etc. I guess we may never know but teams do take offense when players are anything but direct about reporting injuries to them.

DE is a position you need your hands for. The hand will often go by the OT shoulder and he slaps it away, one or two hands on the ground etc.

I don't envision him playing a game in a cast, it's not some Superbowl or playoff game he needs to battle pain to play in. If it's still a problem by week one, they have pretty good depth.
You can't slap with a nub?

I sincerely hope he recovers as much as is possible for him. I hope just as much that some who have posted here feel some shame and maybe grow some sympathy going forward.
You make it sound like posters are killing him... He deserves the few pokes he got but don't be so sensitive. Is this JPP's mom?

Bronco Billy said:
Nobody says what he did was okay. He used fireworks on the 4th and made a mistake with them. I assume you've never made a bad mistake in your life?

How about showing some sympathy for a mistake that caused him some severe physical trauma? It's not that difficult.
Of course I have sympathy for him, but it was still really stupid, and some times stupid things bite you in the ###. Just because I think he did something really dumb doesn't mean I am doing the internet equivalent of pointing at him and laughing.

Bronco Billy said:

Of course I have sympathy for him, but it was still really stupid, and some times stupid things bite you in the ###. Just because I think he did something really dumb doesn't mean I am doing the internet equivalent of pointing at him and laughing.
Sometimes these things blow up in your face.

Users who are viewing this thread