What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why you should wear a helmet when on a motorcycle (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
LINK

"He accelerated away from them right away," the lieutenant said. "He continued to Madison, where he took the curve a little bit wide."

The motorcycle struck the curb on the south side of King's Party Store's parking lot at 1029 S. Madison Ave. Henry then struck a cable attached to a utility pole and continued on to hit a tree just beyond it, Simon said.

"The motorcycle continued down the road almost two blocks, another 400 feet, and came to rest," Simon said.

The collision resulted in Henry being "cut in half at the waist," Simon said.

"I've seen some nasty crashes, but it's been a while since I've seen one that bad. He hit that pretty hard."

Henry was not wearing a helmet, added Special 1st Lt. David Kaiser.
:football:

While I agree that helmets on motorcycles should be standard equipment, how would wearing said helmet keep him from getting cut in half?

Edit: Couldn't spell "cut," somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I agree that helmets on motorcycles should be standard equipment, how would wearing said helmet keep him from getting but in half?
That's his point.

However I am willing to bet riders without helmets ride in a more unsafe manner than those that wear helmets.

Oh and thanks Posty.

The ones I wonder about are those who dress themselves head-to-toe in ballistic-grade nylon with the armoring built-in and 3M reflective tape all over and full-face helmet... all on a 100-degree day. :shock:

While I agree that helmets on motorcycles should be standard equipment, how would wearing said helmet keep him from getting cut in half?

Edit: Couldn't spell "cut," somehow.
Hmm... I never thought about that. You're probably right. The helmet might not have saved him after all. :shrug:

The ones I wonder about are those who dress themselves head-to-toe in ballistic-grade nylon with the armoring built-in and 3M reflective tape all over and full-face helmet... all on a 100-degree day. :shock:
No need to wonder, they are simply trying to give themselves the best opportunity to survive the inevitable.

All very logical. Don't wear a helmet when riding a motor cycle because this one time in what was described by a cop as one of the most nasty crashes he's investigated a guy got cut in half.

No need to wonder, they are simply trying to give themselves the best opportunity to survive the inevitable.
I do wonder... If baking inside a sweatsuit like that might tend to accelerate the inevitable.

All very logical. Don't wear a helmet when riding a motor cycle because this one time in what was described by a cop as one of the most nasty crashes he's investigated a guy got cut in half.
Holy crap. You're not really that dumb, are you? :confused:

This. Before I got wise after an incident and sold my donorcycle I used to wear jeans helmet boots and armored jacket on even the hottest days. You don't mess around with that stuff.

Now if he would have been wearing a full-body helmet, he would have survived. There ought to be a law.

I tend to think that a guy who rides a rice rocket should be required to wear a helmet all the time, on the bike and off of it

Check me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but I don't think a helmet was going to help him that much in this situation.

Wait. I'm confused. Are you guys saying that him wearing a helmet wouldn't have helped save him? :confused:

The guy died. Helmets save lives. I don't understand what you guys don't get.

Users who are viewing this thread