What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Ten Year Plan (TTYP) - new 12 team auction hard cap keeper (1 Viewer)

Alberta Clipper

Footballguy
Hello. Looking for feedback on starting a new auction keeper league called THE TEN YEAR PLAN (TTYP).
It's based on defunct Phenoms Sigma league.

I've been commish of 3 leagues that each have been going on for 10+ yrs.
There is an ownership core of 4-5 in each league that has been around for all/most of the 10+ yrs.
The strongest owners continue and the weaker quit. That's the nature of this business so I'm always thinking about rules and structure to make it possible for new owners to re-build and incentive for owners to build and stay.
Another approach is to ask for more $ commitment up front and slowly give that back to the owners that stick around.
I also like the idea of a league that has a fixed end date. i.e. 10 years.
Never been in one but I imagine it would change the auction and roster approach by year 9 or 10!
Hence the idea of THE TEN YEAR PLAN is born.

One format that I loved was our Sigma Phenoms league. Unfort Dataforce wasn't able to get more than 3-4 interested in continuing our league.
It was a 12 team, $200 cap auction keeper league. The cap was a HARD cap meaning always in effect.
18 man rosters, plus up to 4 IR (once on IR they only count 50% salary towards your cap)
Scoring was 0.5 PPR RB/1 PPR WR/TE
Otherwise pretty normal including pts for DST yds/pts against.
One interesting part of a hard cap is the blind bidding price you pay for a player becomes his salary. FCFS pickups have a default $1 salary.

Keep as many as you want subject to annual salary increase of $5 + 10%. i.e. a $2 player would become $7.70 in yr 2, $13.97 in yr 3, etc.

The auction is slower auction which took 7-20 days to complete. Longer for the first year and shorter for subsequent.
We would iron out the nomination/bidding rules but there would always be multiple players on the block. We would have to work within MFL or possibly the Dataforce FF site rules for the auction nom/bidding/expiry details.

I've never used Leaguesafe but would be in favor of moving towards it for this new league. Only issue I'm aware of is they don't accept paypal and I'm not 100% sure what international users have for deposit/withdrawal options.

I will post a suggested fee/payout structure. $200 yr1, $150 yr2, $100 thereafter.

Prizes start at 1000 yr 1 and escalate to $1500+ in the final year 10.

100% paid out after league hosting costs.

Thoughts on who would be interested in a new startup league with this structure?

So far I have 6 interested from other leagues I commish and old Sigma owners.

It would be hosted on MFL and I would be an owner AND commish (using the lockout feature).
Lee Harmon (also a Phenoms customer and owner of Dataforce FF) would also be a co-commish and own one of the franchises.

Eric Lyseng - Mad Cowz

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread