What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC - FBG leagues (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
First draft of the year there, just terrible. Players lists are 2014 stats only. Visually horrific for a draft. It is like the people that run it never played ff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the last one to purchase a team for last nights 730 draft.I had to scramble to try and get on in time.I had issues using chrome.The draft room would not load up for me.The commish tried to call me immediately

to help so great customer service in my opinion.I just switched to firefox and had no problems afterwards. Other than that initial snafu I thought everything was fine.I didn't have any problem with the cosmetics

myself but of course I'm a simple kind of guy.

I was the last one to purchase a team for last nights 730 draft.I had to scramble to try and get on in time.I had issues using chrome.The draft room would not load up for me.The commish tried to call me immediately

to help so great customer service in my opinion.I just switched to firefox and had no problems afterwards. Other than that initial snafu I thought everything was fine.I didn't have any problem with the cosmetics

There was no 7:30 draft.

The plot thickens.

I like FFPC. Played in 6 leagues last year. Only issue was browser compatibility but once I used Firefox no issues. I like their draft rooms.

One thing I didn't like about my ffpc draft was that I didn't get an email saying I was OTC the way MFL does (email dedicated to saying 'Youre now OTC'). May have been a setting somewhere I didn't set properly?

One thing I didn't like about my ffpc draft was that I didn't get an email saying I was OTC the way MFL does (email dedicated to saying 'Youre now OTC'). May have been a setting somewhere I didn't set properly?
My $35 FFPC leagues all give me emails...

I have to agree with OP. This is my 2nd year doing the Football Guys Players Championship and the software is the worst I've encountered. I will say the customer service is VERY QUICK to respond and help resolve, which is great. However, why can't they get the software right so they don't need the tremendous customer service? Last year I had major problems when it came time to draft. Luckily the commish was on hand to pause as I probably delayed the draft by 20 minutes, having to scramble in downloading 2 additional browsers, try different devices etc...

I had no drafting issues this year but the draft room is very poorly designed. When someone is picked, if you're at the top of the screen, you have to scroll down to see who last person selected was. Would be nice to have that player 'pop up' for a few seconds so you can see wherever you're at on the screen.

I'm not trying to pile on but I think this issue needs to be addressed before 2016. I was in approximately 50 leagues all through a variey of hosting sites and FFPC was the ONLY one I've had issues with. I think it's time to address the issue.

I like FFPC. Played in 6 leagues last year. Only issue was browser compatibility but once I used Firefox no issues. I like their draft rooms.
I'm been drafting using Chrome for a good solid 2 years with no issues. Biggest issue is I might need to hit refresh to load up the draft room.

I've been playing FFPC since the beginning and the only thing I'd like to see upgraded a bit is mainly related to dynasty leagues and would be nice if you could click on players and see a better stat breakdown.

But at no time in my history of doing an FFPC draft did the website prevent me from doing the basic functions I need such as drafting, free agency, etc, etc. and as a few have said the customer service is always great.

Umm unless I was dreaming there was a 730 draft for FBGPC on the 10 th at 730. FFrookie was in same draft so yes I believe there was one.At the top of the screen it did show last player selected for a few seconds.

I was in the same draft. It was originally scheduled for 700 and was delayed to 730pm. My tip for everyone is to use Firefox as the software seems to have a lot of difficulty with IE and Chrome. If you use Firefox all should go smoothly. Customer service has always been top notch although I wish they could solve the IE issue.

I was in the same draft. It was originally scheduled for 700 and was delayed to 730pm. My tip for everyone is to use Firefox as the software seems to have a lot of difficulty with IE and Chrome. If you use Firefox all should go smoothly. Customer service has always been top notch although I wish they could solve the IE issue.
Whew what a relief I thought I had a Bob Newhart thing going on.

Last year it was Chrome for me, this year it was Firefox. Me thinks the programming could use an overhaul.

First year for me. The draft room is pretty cheesy and cheap feeling but my only real gripe is that the chat box gets clogged with "so and so entering/leaving draft room" which makes it more difficult to chat and makes it nearly impossible to tell who's really there and who's not.

First year for me. The draft room is pretty cheesy and cheap feeling but my only real gripe is that the chat box gets clogged with "so and so entering/leaving draft room" which makes it more difficult to chat and makes it nearly impossible to tell who's really there and who's not.
Never heard of our draft room, or any draft room for that matter, being called "cheesy" so don't know how to respond to that other than saying that the goal for our draft room is to be functional and easy to use. I think it does that job for 99% of our owners.

With regards to that chat, the "entering and exiting draft room" notifications is a good way for our live commissioner to get notified in case someone is booted from the draft room during the draft, maybe as a result of an internet outage or a technical issue. So this trumps the esthetics of the notifications cluttering the chat box. With that said, these notifications are mostly gone once the draft starts so they should have no impact on chatting during the draft, which we see very often but also depends on the mood of the drafters.

Never heard of our draft room, or any draft room for that matter, being called "cheesy" so don't know how to respond to that other than saying that the goal for our draft room is to be functional and easy to use. I think it does that job for 99% of our owners.

With regards to that chat, the "entering and exiting draft room" notifications is a good way for our live commissioner to get notified in case someone is booted from the draft room during the draft, maybe as a result of an internet outage or a technical issue. So this trumps the esthetics of the notifications cluttering the chat box. With that said, these notifications are mostly gone once the draft starts so they should have no impact on chatting during the draft, which we see very often but also depends on the mood of the drafters.
the dot above the team name in the draft software turns green when a player is in the room and red when the player is not. Is there any reason that couldn't be used to determine if someone got booted instead of having an additional message pop up in the dialogue box?

I don't think the draft room is particularly good or bad. I have drafted at many different places, and they all have some plusses and minuses for me. I agree with Alex that its all about functionality, and I could care less about aesthetics as long as it isn't some color scheme that hurts to look at.

the dot above the team name in the draft software turns green when a player is in the room and red when the player is not. Is there any reason that couldn't be used to determine if someone got booted instead of having an additional message pop up in the dialogue box?
We probably could but would need to add a unique audio alert what would notify the facilitator that someone has left the draftroom. There may be other options too. We'll think about it some more in the off-season. I know this is an annoying thing to see in the chat box so we'll try to think of a way to change it.

Wish I could have placed a bet on what "random" draft slot I got this year.

I played 1 team in the FPC 2 years ago and drew the #9 hole.

I played 1 team last year in the FPC and drew the #9 hole.

I played 1 team this year in the FPC and drew the #9 hole.

So just for sanity's sake I put in for a second team this year,and drew the #10 hole.

Users who are viewing this thread