What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Football Podcasts (1 Viewer)

Besides the Audible, IDP Round Table, On the Coach, and other footballguys.com podcasts what other fantasy football podcasts or NFL podcasts do you guys like? I've tried quite a few others, but none come close to the Audible for me.

Fantasy Footballers - Likely my second favorite podcast with quite a few good takes, but some very bad takes. Overall intelligent guys who are entertaining. Sometimes they elaborate on their thoughts with very concise and smart thinking, other times they don't expand on their thoughts at all and I feel on certain players they like they don't have a good reason to like them. They do have 2-3 shows per week. Very seldom do they dive deep into the rosters to find steals like CJ Anderson, etc like our FBGs do. Very light on dynasty and no IDP talk.

CBS Fantasy Football - not even worth listening to. These guys are both boring and have horrible takes. Don't waste your time.

Fantasy Football Weekly - only an in season show. Nice to help solidify your thoughts on who to start week to week and they do have some good advice on who to pick up ahead of the curve. Again no IDP nor dynasty talk.

ESPN Fantasy Podcast - once again not worth the time of day. Avoid. Not as bad as CBS, but a distant 2nd worst.

Anyone else have others they listen to or have tried? I'm always looking for new ones to check out.

Around the league is pretty bad. You would think the "official" podcast would be better.

DLF is ok. I listen when I am out of fbg podcasts

Last edited by a moderator:
4 for 4 football is very good. I like Ross Tucker Fantasy Feast when Evan Silva us in there also try Rumford Johnny

Truthfully, I don't waste time with other non-FBG podcasts after poisoning my ears once or twice with Matthew Berry. That might have been the worst all-time podcast I've ever heard in my life. That's ESPN I assume, but I don't remember the title of the podcast; it is probably best for everyone else's sanity.

That said, I will look into the Fantasy Footballers. And hotboyz brought up Evan Silva, and I've always liked him when he's been the guest with On the Couch. The Audible is just so tremendous, even with Cecil's announcer voice, but I'm a Sigmund guy. Both the Audible and On the Couch are fantastic in different ways.

I would like to see a trend where there's a better textual description as to what's discussed. Twitter seems to have forced many to have this one sentence description that gives me very little like "this week on the somethingsomesuch podcast we discuss FF"

Work something out with the character limitation please.

I "don't have time" to hear how LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown will do well this year and oh let me name three other top WRs as if they are sleepers no one has heard of like Bryant, Jones, and Calvin.

I would like to see a trend where there's a better textual description as to what's discussed. Twitter seems to have forced many to have this one sentence description that gives me very little like "this week on the somethingsomesuch podcast we discuss FF"

Work something out with the character limitation please.

I "don't have time" to hear how LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown will do well this year and oh let me name three other top WRs as if they are sleepers no one has heard of like Bryant, Jones, and Calvin.
I agree with this. This is why I mainly go with podcasts instead. With that, each episode is given about a paragraph long description of what will be talked about. Though, since I only listen to FBG podcasts for fantasy football, they, without fail, give very detailed descriptions. But maybe that is a way around it? Granted, you'd have to subscribe to these shows in a podcast player.

On the couch is far and away the best fantasy podcast out there, I tune in to every one, required listening.

I like the cbs crew a little bit, I listen once or twice a week, the guys have loosened up over the years, and its more of a buddy podcast now, don't love there analysis, but i like the overall chatter

I liked the ESPN fantasy podcast when Nate was in the mix, but right now, I haven't gotten thru one ep since he left, we will see when the season starts, but I think that podcast has run its course even for just entertainment which is why i listened. I just like the daily update part of that, which is why i listen to cbs for a fix...

i tried Fantasy Footballers today and liked it a lot, I will tune in again.

not sure what happened to two mugs, but i noticed they did not update since last december, oh well...

Fantasy Footballers is one of my favorites outside of On the Couch.

Pyro Podcast isn't bad, but they can get kind of annoying with their schtick.

I still like Fantasy Focus, guess I'm in the minority.

4 for 4 is also pretty solid.

Fantasy Footballers may be my favorite. I also like CBS Sports, The Audible, The Couch, Rummy & Ray and 4for4. Fantasy Football's Finest may be the worst I've ever heard. I'm also not a fan of ESPN. They don't put out many shows right now and when they do they barely talk about anything worth while.

I like Around the League from the NFL. Granted, they are all going through the famine before the feast of training camps. ESPN is terrible on all pods.

Davej626 said:
I like Around the League from the NFL.
One thing I like about the NFL podcasts is in the description of the episode they give you time markers, (5:04) for instance, when they discuss specific topics. I really hope this becomes a standard in podcasting because it makes the podcast so much more useful being able to fastforward to pertinent information and past info in which you may have very little interest.

Davej626 said:
I like Around the League from the NFL. Granted, they are all going through the famine before the feast of training camps. ESPN is terrible on all pods.
Yeah, I hated Around the NFL, but it grew on me for entertainment at least. Once I stopped thinking I was going to get any substantive information I came to enjoy the banter a bit, and Chris Wesseling (of FBG Fear and Loathing fame) is pretty awesome.

Nobody has mentioned the Rotoviz podcasts. Not even close to the Footbally guys stuff, but it's probably my next favorite. They have some pretty interesting guests and it's largely focused on analytics. Check it out.

Also really good was Josh Norris' 'Process the Process'. Very informative and also had great guests. It was oriented toward player evaluation and the NFL draft, so after the draft there weren't new episodes.

'Move the Sticks' with Daniel Jeremiah is alright too, a bit more informative than Around the NFL.

One more that's OK too is 'Living the Stream' with JJ Zachariason.

'Rummy and Ray' is OK. I find Rumford Johnny to be a bit annoying, but I usually like what Ray Summerlin has to say.

DLF, Under the Helmet, etc, just space fillers for me most of the time. At best I don't find these guys to be any more informed than the better owners in my own dynasty leagues.

ETA I couldn't stand the ESPN and CBS stuff, which seemed to me for a generally uninformed audience. Unsubscribed quickly.

Couch is the best, I found Footballers a couple of weeks ago and enjoy the podcast.

Had time last weekend for a listen but exhausted all my podcasts. Did a search on iTunes and found the Fakepigskin.com podcast and enjoyed the July 17th episode AFC North discussion very much. In fact their special guest was quite entertaining and had a bunch of great takes. :thumbup: Will give them a listen again.

Move the Sticks is my all around personal favorite right now. Haven't listened long but during draft time (dynasty and NFL) he was by far the best.

I would like it to be longer though. The rushed and tightly scheduled podcasts are never as good.

I listen to podcasts during long drives for work so any of the non-professional podcasts usually sound to bad to listen to through a vehicles audio system. The swings from low to high volume are the worst part. The pyro one

Rummy and Ray is a good one.

CBS guys have some bad takes but I listen just to get a different view on players. The FBG podcasts are the gold standard but their crew tends to like the same guys for the same reasons.

I will check out the Fantasy Footballers.

Did anyone mention Ross Tucker's podcast and fantasy feast which he does with Evan Silva

Ross is able to combine his Ivy League education wits and professional experience with a common man type of personality.

Interesting, I don't recall where I've felt I'm being sold to. Maybe it is because I'm a subscriber, but if they were doing a lot of selling I'd probably notice it as redundant. Still, I've actually wondered why they don't try to sell more since the podcasts are free. Different opinions I guess.

Did anyone mention Ross Tucker's podcast and fantasy feast which he does with Evan Silva

Ross is able to combine his Ivy League education wits and professional experience with a common man type of personality.
I tried to listen to his podcast but it has WAY to many adds and a lot of just nothing talk. I did like when he would actually talk about something but there was just to much junk in between.

I tried to listen to his podcast but it has WAY to many adds and a lot of just nothing talk. I did like when he would actually talk about something but there was just to much junk in between.
I listened to Fantasy Feast's QB rankings which came out yesterday. It was just okay if you ask me....no real thought provoking takes. Next week they move onto the RB's, so I'll attempt another listen. I feel like this podcast might be best for the casual fantasy football player and not guys like us on here.

You guys are too harsh on ESPN. Berry keeps it entertaining and puts out the content 90% of people need every single day. That is worth something. It's never cool to like the chain restaurant, I get it. But he deserves some credit for what it is and how long he's done it than just complaining that it isn't EXTREMELY in depth like some others.

You guys are too harsh on ESPN. Berry keeps it entertaining and puts out the content 90% of people need every single day. That is worth something. It's never cool to like the chain restaurant, I get it. But he deserves some credit for what it is and how long he's done it than just complaining that it isn't EXTREMELY in depth like some others.
"Come on guys, you have admit Subway makes a pretty darn good sandwich!"

I like The Audible podcasts but at times it feels like I'm listening to nothing but an advertisement for FBG products.
It may depend on what non-ff podcasts you listen to whether this is the case or not. Most ff podcasts struggle with sponsorship so I think most of them have fewer than your average podcast but if you have ever listened to the Adam Carolla podcast for instance you would really see what advertising every few minutes is all about. I really appreciate the content and the depth of content on the FBG podcasts so the promotion doesn't bother me all that much.

Around the league is pretty bad. You would think the "official" podcast would be better.

DLF is ok. I listen when I am out of fbg podcasts
I think the problem with Around the NFL is it bogs itself down in talking about the show rather than the NFL. I could care less who is producing the show or which team is your favorite football team. On the plus side they are surprisingly willing to openly criticise the league for a show so closely associated with it.

Fantasy Football weekly - KFAN

http://www.kfan.com/podcast/FantasyFBWeekly.xml

Usually starts up the first Saturday in August so should be starting on Aug 1st this year.
Charch also hosts Fantasy Football Almost Daily, which has been putting out episodes since May. My next favorite after On the Couch and the Audible.

Good blend of strong analysis with personality. You get a lot of different viewpoints, and they're not afraid to strongly disagree with each other on their viewpoints.

"Come on guys, you have admit Subway makes a pretty darn good sandwich!"
lol ya a little bit. I will admit it's partially loyalty. Something to listen to on my commute every single day for that many years before basically anyone else was doing it earns them my respect. Berry also gives credit to others. Anytime he mentions VBD to this day, he throws a shoutout to Joe or David.

I do listen to the Audible, but I find their style a little slow even though their content is deeper.

I don't think anyone from ESPN is that good at fantasy. Berry I might listen to see what he says but I rather listen to Evan Silva or someone like Levitan. I might listen to Michael Fabiano as he seems to know what he is talking about from what I see. I think the key is only listening to people you know offer good advice.

Even for CBS sports I like the fantasy football show they have but I am not sold on Dave, Jamie and Adam. There are too many opinions on every player, it is best to only listen to a few when deciding on your estimation.

The Audible and Couch are very good. Though the former is always too Bronco/Steeler heavy. I get it, you like CJ Anderson. I don't need a weekly reminder. I would like more focus, especially this slow time of year on the lesser offenses such as Cleveland/Jacksonville/St.Louis. We all can't load up on Packers, Colts, and Steelers. There are ppl points to be mined elsewhere.

I don't listen to Football Guys anymore because I don't like Cecil. The Fantasy Feast would be good if they replaced Ross Tucker for the same reasons.

Rotoviz Radio is very thought proving, Draft Countdown is great, First Draft fills a draft need when it runs, Under the Helmet is always an unusual take, the revamped DLF is listenable, Move the Sticks has some good info, Fantasy Guru is solid, and anything with Greg Cosell is fantastic.

The ESPN pods are usually very surface level and geared toward mainstream listening. I don't mean to sound like a hipster, I just don't want to spend 45 minutes listening to all the side circus of Matthew Berry with only about 25% player related analysis. ESPN Fantasy Underground is actually pretty good and is more intellectually leaning than entertaining. Not sure if it is still in production or if it just quiet in the off season. Anyone know?

The Audible and Couch are very good. Though the former is always too Bronco/Steeler heavy. I get it, you like CJ Anderson. I don't need a weekly reminder. I would like more focus, especially this slow time of year on the lesser offenses such as Cleveland/Jacksonville/St.Louis. We all can't load up on Packers, Colts, and Steelers. There are ppl points to be mined elsewhere.
This is a great point, my draft board is a mess after the top 12., I could use some clarity on that very shaky next batch of players on jax, cle oak and the like....

This is a great point, my draft board is a mess after the top 12., I could use some clarity on that very shaky next batch of players on jax, cle oak and the like....
Agreed. I think the fantasy nerds listening to podcats know who they like and who they'll take at the top of the draft, but what we want is deeper material. To counter that though, the Audible/Couch does do a good job highlighting players in rounds 2-4 that are values in their eyes (Forsett, Gore, Ellington, Andre, etc).......but we need more material deeper in drafts. Who are they guys you are going after in rounds 10-20?

Rummy and Ray - Perhaps more entertaining than informative, but overall a solid podcast with some interesting guests from time to time.

DLF & UTH - I only play in 1-2 redraft leagues and several dynasty leagues, so I find these two pretty good. If any one has other podcasts that focus on dynasty let me know please!

Fantasy feast - Evan Silva alone makes this podcast worth listening to.

On the Couch - The best fantasy football podcast.

The Audible - Overall I kind of like it, but the emphasis is too much on redraft leagues some times for my taste. Also, the love for the already mentioned Broncos/Steeles kan be too much. Dive in to other franchises more please. While I'm at it, in season Cecil and Sigmund do the review podcasts where they go through every game. I just can't stand it when Cecil says "Player X had 72 receiving yards and 1 td, no one started him". I STARTED HIM!! I and many of us play in some pretty deep leagues with many starters. Rephrase Cecil.

Never heard of the Fantasy Footballers, need to check it out.

Do any of you listen to the X's and O's podcast?

I just downloaded the Dynasty League Football podcast per this thread and I realized that I used to work with the host (Jarrett) many years ago. He was a good guy to work with back then and his podcast is pretty solid as well. Thanks for the tip, everyone.

Started listening to Fantasy Footballers based on the recommendation here. Instantly my next favorite after On the Couch. Strong analysis, great varied opinions that break from traditional expert consensus, and a sense of humor that is much closer to mine than most FF podcasts.

Also listened to Rotoviz, which although much drier, provided great analytical content, as mentioned above.

I listen to a ton of them, never heard of fantasy footballers either; will have to check it out.

Favs - FBG, DLF, UTH, Rotoviz, Rummy\Ray, 4for4, FFindex and anything with Evan Silva

Others I like, The Faked Goods, FantasyGuru, PFF Radio, HighStakes Fanatsy Football Hour, FFToolbox and call me crazy but I think CBS FF Today isn't bad. I will also listen to Ross Tucker depending on guest.

I also really like RotoUnderworld (Matt Kelley) for laughs and often contrarian pov

Evan Silva is pretty good so the Fantasy Feast is a good option. I have referred to his rankings with notes for previous drafts and have done well.

Also listened to Rotoviz, which although much drier, provided great analytical content, as mentioned above.
I LOVE the "no s**t, s**t no" segment of the news at the beginning. A quick take followed by brief analysis. This would be even better with a three person panel instead of just the opinion of one guest. Other shows get around to this but the segment presented this way relays more information in a short period of time. Around the NFL can milk the news for an hour talking in circles about who is producing the podcast, etc, etc while Rotoviz goes deeper and more thoughtful in their analysis in 15 minutes.

I also like how rotoviz has their comedy as outtakes at the end of the show so if you have no interest in "comedy" then you can just fast forward to your next podcast and aren't forced to listen to football folks cracking lame jokes or talking about Game of Thrones(ughhhhh!).

Yeah I agree and find Ross Tucker's chatter a bit annoying, and his hyperbolic praise for Evan Silva (who is definitely good) gets to me too.

Fantasy Footballers: My favorite for the combo of information, humor, and comradarie. They play off each other well. Do their own live transitions too. Newer, so still working out some kinks. Audio tech seems to be good quality, no real in/out or volume fluctuations.

On the Couch: Second favorite. Good change of pace for topics and cast of speakers. Tangents are encouraged. Bloom has a good voice for audio.

Audible: Got longer and thus more filler. I tend to skip it more often now. Waldman, while knowledgeable and informative, has a rough voice to listen to. Like others have said, Pitt/Denver heavy, website promotions, and self-absorbed on who they may have met. Get back to football fellas. Deep football. Please.

RotoViz: Stat heavy. Can focus on that too much, ie, looking backwards instead of prognosticating the future. Host sounds like he reads every item off his notes and doesn't freelance well. Standard format outline with stock questions for the most part.

PFF: Also stat heavy since it's their forte. Can be dry if a speaker can't articulate their stat topic of the moment well.

Ross Tucker FP: Football podcast is very good for range of speakers and topics. Always listen to Cossell and Brandt. Quick episodes and to the point most of the time.

Ross Tucker Fantasy Feast: Getting past FF 101 level. Silva has been lining up more speakers recently, thus good topics.

Around the NFL: Football related, not fantasy. Cast can play off each other, but probably promotes too much pseudo-animosity. Drama sells I guess. Good for NFL round-ups and news tidbits.

ESPN Fantasy Focus: Changing of the guard with Nate gone. We'll see how it goes with a new co-host. Pretty self-absorbed and they knowingly play that up. One of the longest running, so kudos for that. Bell's injury updates are good.

DLF: Used to be not so -only- youth oriented, but a transition of cast changed that. Can still be a bit over the top on the "you hit the nail on the head" comments. It's okay to have differing opinions. But then again, most podcasts are all nodding in unison.

High Stakes FF: Hosts don't take themselves too seriously and bring on contest leaders/winners. Not being totally self-centered is definitely a change from the norm of other podcasts. Interesting tactics, but talk about their winning teams. Can be good/can be bad.

CBS: Not as bad as most think. Run of the mill though. They can disagree with each other without it being territorial. Can go off on tangents a bit sometimes.

FFToolbox: Tries to be more hip-to-the-hop than the rest. Host can have a rough voice at times as well. Average among those I listen to.

4for4: Voices are pretty dull/monotone, but informative. A bit self-absorbed, but mostly trying to sell their own product. Really only have to say "most accurate" 1 time. We get it.

Will have to check out the new Rotoworld version.

Probably missed a few or mixed up some of them. D'oh.

HUGE fan of On The Couch. No other podcast comes close in my opinion. It's the one ffl podcast that I don't listen to just for player takes...I love the "deeper place" discussions and tangents. Bloom is terrific.

The audible, fantasy footballers, and rummy and ray are all good in my opinion too. I agree with others that ESPN is almost unlistenable now. Some of the NFL podcasts are fun to listen to.

Riffraff said:
Fantasy Footballers: My favorite for the combo of information, humor, and comradarie. They play off each other well. Do their own live transitions too. Newer, so still working out some kinks. Audio tech seems to be good quality, no real in/out or volume fluctuations.

On the Couch: Second favorite. Good change of pace for topics and cast of speakers. Tangents are encouraged. Bloom has a good voice for audio.

Audible: Got longer and thus more filler. I tend to skip it more often now. Waldman, while knowledgeable and informative, has a rough voice to listen to. Like others have said, Pitt/Denver heavy, website promotions, and self-absorbed on who they may have met. Get back to football fellas. Deep football. Please.

RotoViz: Stat heavy. Can focus on that too much, ie, looking backwards instead of prognosticating the future. Host sounds like he reads every item off his notes and doesn't freelance well. Standard format outline with stock questions for the most part.

PFF: Also stat heavy since it's their forte. Can be dry if a speaker can't articulate their stat topic of the moment well.

Ross Tucker FP: Football podcast is very good for range of speakers and topics. Always listen to Cossell and Brandt. Quick episodes and to the point most of the time.

Ross Tucker Fantasy Feast: Getting past FF 101 level. Silva has been lining up more speakers recently, thus good topics.

Around the NFL: Football related, not fantasy. Cast can play off each other, but probably promotes too much pseudo-animosity. Drama sells I guess. Good for NFL round-ups and news tidbits.

ESPN Fantasy Focus: Changing of the guard with Nate gone. We'll see how it goes with a new co-host. Pretty self-absorbed and they knowingly play that up. One of the longest running, so kudos for that. Bell's injury updates are good.

DLF: Used to be not so -only- youth oriented, but a transition of cast changed that. Can still be a bit over the top on the "you hit the nail on the head" comments. It's okay to have differing opinions. But then again, most podcasts are all nodding in unison.

High Stakes FF: Hosts don't take themselves too seriously and bring on contest leaders/winners. Not being totally self-centered is definitely a change from the norm of other podcasts. Interesting tactics, but talk about their winning teams. Can be good/can be bad.

CBS: Not as bad as most think. Run of the mill though. They can disagree with each other without it being territorial. Can go off on tangents a bit sometimes.

FFToolbox: Tries to be more hip-to-the-hop than the rest. Host can have a rough voice at times as well. Average among those I listen to.

4for4: Voices are pretty dull/monotone, but informative. A bit self-absorbed, but mostly trying to sell their own product. Really only have to say "most accurate" 1 time. We get it.

Will have to check out the new Rotoworld version.

Probably missed a few or mixed up some of them. D'oh.
nice list - thanks!

Another podcast that I listen to each time is the Fantasy Football Auction. The quality isn't the greatest but they are the only ones that focus solely on auction drafts and I love me some auctions.

Forgot one, I also listen to the Dynasty Nerds podcast, although not regularly but from time to time. Its ok.

On the Couch - love every episode, wish they came out more often

The Audible - enjoy it, sometimes waldmen is too long winded. he'll start talking and i fast forward for like 5 minutes and he's still going

ESPN Fantasy Focus - haven't even downloaded since nate left

fantasy footballers - love this podcast, my #2 favorite. the guys are funny and give good info

pyro podcast - decent, will listen every once in a while

DLF and UTH - the hosts of each show kind of bug me but like the dynasty point of view

fantasy footballers - love this podcast, my #2 favorite. the guys are funny and give good info
I don't get the love for this one. Maybe it's just me, but I don't find them either particularly funny or very informed. They just sound like a few of my buddys started a podcast. Granted nobody knows what will happen this season, but in a recent episode one of the guys was gushing about Emmanuel Sanders, basically suggesting that he could have an even better statistical year in 2015 than 2014... Given the change in system, philosophy, and a slew of news from players, coaches, beat writers, and even Elway, this call sounds like the guy hasn't been paying attention. There have been a few other things like this too. I appreciate going against the grain, but I'd rather get my different takes from folks who watch a ton of football like Bloom and Waldman, or guys who rigorously grind stats like the rotoviz crew, or some combination of both, like the guys on living the stream.If I'm going for humor and entertainment, I much prefer the NFL Around the League podcast... Check out the 'win Wes's toaster' episodes, or the 'Dalton Scale' ones... Good stuff with a bit of content as well. On the Fantasy Footballers I had to listen to two dudes spend 5 minutes trying to capture the sounds of eating double stuff Oreos, I don't have time for that even when I have time to waste.

But each to their own...

Users who are viewing this thread