What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (3 Viewers)

As an owner of Lenny and Yeldon, I'd probably prefer they just sit him this week so he can recover fully.

Yeldon's upside isn't as high of course, but he has a much safer floor considering the soft tissue injury that can act up at any given moment.

Leonard Fournette was over in the rehab area during the early part of practice open to the media. Had his jersey and helmet on. Went through some modest stretching. #Jaguars
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1039911225591844867

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said team has a plan in place for RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring) this week. Will be careful with him Wednesday and Thursday and will test the hamstring Friday afternoon. Marrone also said Fournette could not practice all week and still play against Patriots on Sunday.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41031932-4

So, no news until Friday afternoon at the earliest, and it's quite possible we won't know until warm-ups on Sunday. With an afternoon game, I'll be tempted to slot in a guy like Peyton Barber over either Fournette or Yeldon, given any level of uncertainty going into Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Yeldon and Fournette, however on my bench I have Crowell and Coleman I can plug in as an RB. Wondering, if either of those guys would be a better option considering it's vs. the Pats, regardless of whether Fournette plays or not.

Thinking I'll have to roll out 33 year old ADP at 1 PM, rather than wait and hear about a late scratch at 2:30 when I'll have no other alternatives playing in 4 PM games.

I have Yeldon and Fournette, however on my bench I have Crowell and Coleman I can plug in as an RB. Wondering, if either of those guys would be a better option considering it's vs. the Pats, regardless of whether Fournette plays or not.
I always go with "start your studs" personally, even though it obviously doesn't always work out as planned.

I'm just the kind of person that can't stomach watching my #1RB go off on my bench. 

I always go with "start your studs" personally, even though it obviously doesn't always work out as planned.

I'm just the kind of person that can't stomach watching my #1RB go off on my bench. 
I'm with you. I'll probably roll him out if he plays, but if it comes down to he sits, and Yeldon is getting the call--I think it gets tricky there.

If Freeman doesn't play, I would definitely start Coleman. But if Freeman does play I would go Yeldon/Fournette over Coleman

Leonard Fournette - RB -  Jaguars

ESPN's Josina Anderson expects Leonard Fournette (hamstring) to play in Sunday's game with the Patriots.

Fournette could be held out all week, but the Jaguars are comfortable starting him if he doesn't practice. Barring a setback, it sounds like Jacksonville expects to have him for their AFC title rematch. Hamstring injuries are dificult to predict, so we won't know Fournette's status until later in the week. T.J. Yeldon should have a bigger role even if Fournette plays.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter 

Sep 12 - 7:39 PM

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said the team plans to have Leonard Fournette test out his injured hamstring on Friday.

"We have a program set," he said. Marrone went on to say he'd be comfortable playing Fournette even if he doesn't practice this week, though the hope is that he'll get at least a limited session in on Friday. With Fournette's status up in the air for Sunday's game against the Patriots, T.J. Yeldon needs to be owned in all formats.

Source: John Oehser on Twitter 

Sep 12 - 6:32 PM

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) has called himself a "game-time decision" for Sunday's matchup with the Patriots.

Fournette won't practice until Friday, but he did resume running on Thursday. "It feels good," Fournette claimed. "So that’s progress. We’ll see. ... I like my chances more and more as the day has gone on." This is unfolding in the exact fashion as Fournette's 2017 ankle woes. Even if he plays, fantasy owners cannot expect a full workload. Unfortunately, Pats/Jags kicks off at 4:25 PM ET, so we might not have official word Sunday morning.

Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter 

Sep 13 - 2:37 PM

Florida Football Insiders' Roy Cummings doesn't expect Leonard Fournette (questionable, hamstring) to play in Sunday's game with the Patriots.

The Jaguars tipped Fournette's status by promoting RB Brandon Wilds from the practice squad. Fournette didn't practice all week and is trending toward missing Jacksonville's AFC title rematch. T.J. Yeldon is in line to start and has a favorable matchup against a Patriots defense that allowed 167 rush yards to the Texans. Corey Grant should also push for touches in a change-of-pace role.

Source: Florida Football Insiders 

Sep 15 - 5:23 PM

It sucks because i have him in 3/14 leagues but I also have Yeldon in 8/14 because I fully expected him to miss time because he's always injured. 

Hopefully everyone was smart enough to handcuff him.

Wilds’ promotion from practice squad does not guarantee Fournette will be inactive (although that is the most likely scenario).  It does underscore Jags lack of confidence in Fournette’s hamstring making it through 60 minutes of football. 

So if Fournette is active, fantasy owners should not assume he is OK, and look elsewhere for a starter

Probably intuitive, but wanted to share the scuttlebut from Duval

I expect him to be out this week -- nothing announced yet but this seems likeliest.

BUT on the off chance that he is declared active -- anyone with the stones to start him?

I don't see how you could, it just seems so risky. Anyone feel differently?

@Stealthycat's question is still salient -- regardless if Fournette has been limited or not practicing, any evidence from last year of him being held out or severely limited during the week and went on to have a great game?

I expect him to be out this week -- nothing announced yet but this seems likeliest.

BUT on the off chance that he is declared active -- anyone with the stones to start him?

I don't see how you could, it just seems so risky. Anyone feel differently?

@Stealthycat's question is still salient -- regardless if Fournette has been limited or not practicing, any evidence from last year of him being held out or severely limited during the week and went on to have a great game?
If he's active, I plan on starting him.

Regret drafting this piece of crap over Gordon, Hunt and kamara 

so disturbed to see him inactive today with a gimpy ####. 

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) is expected to practice Thursday.

He will likely be limited again, but two practices in a row is a great sign for his availability. It would be surprising if Fournette is not active against the Titans on Sunday.

LOL what an idiot. 4 game sample size, three of those games against the Texans, Colts and Cinci last year.
I love the response from Nate Hackett. 

"I'm trying to register that," offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett said. "Just trying to get ready for a game and it's hard for me to believe that. It's hard for me to even hear that. I think Leonard's a fantastic player. He's only going to get better. He's still very young. I think for anybody to say that he's even reached his potential is something you can't say."

Users who are viewing this thread