Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Leonard Fournette, Bucs

5 minutes ago, Milkman said:

https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1301215530850942979?s=20

The two teams mentioned the most are the #Patriots and #Bills right now. Fournette is shopping around his top offer right now. Might be just a one-year deal.

He's going back to sign that minimum deal with incentives with the pats. Bye bye Sony.......

I can understand why people don’t love Michel. But is LF really that much of an upgrade? Is he better than Miller? Harris? IMO, having LF on the roster would equate to zero additional wins for NE this year. 

21 minutes ago, drunkb said:

Is that a product of the offense or him in general? Maybe he could flourish in a different scheme on a team that scores points. I don't know yet. I think that he at least should get a shot to break his own heart on who he thought he was.

Him.

When you watch his tape, he has no vision, patience, or feel for the RB position at the NFL level.......he got by in college on pure athletic ability.

• Like 1

Can’t see any team signing him prior to Week 1. I could be wrong, but is the provision in the new CBA the same as before where guys on the roster for Week 1 have their entire salary guaranteed for the season?

After that the contract is prorated and they would only have to pay for the number of games he’s on their roster. 

Edited by tangfoot

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I can understand why people don’t love Michel. But is LF really that much of an upgrade? Is he better than Miller? Harris? IMO, having LF on the roster would equate to zero additional wins for NE this year. 

Not a Fournette fan, but I'll take him over Lamar Miller, easily.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manster said:

Him.

When you watch his tape, he has no vision, patience, or feel for the RB position at the NFL level.......he got by in college on pure athletic ability.

That is a fair assessment. I can't argue that without watching a lot of tape. Obviously you have, so I am open to opinions. I have however watched a lot of football that says that you don't just skate by without those talents into the NFL. Talent scouts make a living doing that. You don't just get drafted that high as a project. 

43 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

I haven’t seen anything, weird that Chris Thompson was shocked about the release if Fournette was hated in the locker room as being reported.

Chris Thompson Shocked

Maybe in the RB room things were tight? NFL locker rooms are not anywhere near the homogenous entities they are painted as, players spend most of their time with their position group and players with adjacent responsibilities. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Maybe in the RB room things were tight? NFL locker rooms are not anywhere near the homogenous entities they are painted as, players spend most of their time with their position group and players with adjacent responsibilities. 

It is still a locker room. Everyone knows what is going on. You are still a band of brothers until you are not. I only know this from Turkish prisons. 😉

It's not mutually exclusive for the team to be sick of the player and also shocked when that player is released.

I also wouldn't expect players like Thompson, who literally just got there, to have had time to be sick of him yet.

If I read correctly he wasn't shocked to read players are sick of him, he was shocked to hear he was released.

Edited by kittenmittens

17 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Can’t see any team signing him prior to Week 1. I could be wrong, but is the provision in the new CBA the same as before where guys on the roster for Week 1 have their entire salary guaranteed for the season?

After that the contract is prorated and they would only have to pay for the number of games he’s on their roster. 

PFF says the vested veteran clause is still part of the CBA

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I agree but that has more to do with positional value than anything else. How many more wins did Vegas add to Cincinnati's win total when they gave Mixon 30 million gtd? What about the Saints? How many wins will they lose if they trade Kamara?

Maybe Sony is more hurt than they are letting on. Word is Harris is running with the 1's. BB will absolutely add Fournette if it's super cheap and makes his team just a little better. 

He obviously is a hot head. I don't think anyone can argue that. Maybe his release will knock him down a notch. I am still a glass half full type of guy.

3 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

It's not mutually exclusive for the team to be sick of the player and also shocked when that player is released.

I also wouldn't expect players like Thompson, who literally just got there, to have had time to be sick of him yet.

12 minutes ago, Milkman said:

I agree but that has more to do with positional value than anything else. How many more wins did Vegas add to Cincinnati's win total when they gave Mixon 30 million gtd? What about the Saints? How many wins will they lose if they trade Kamara?

Maybe Sony is more hurt than they are letting on. Word is Harris is running with the 1's. BB will absolutely add Fournette if it's super cheap and makes his team just a little better. 

Is it me, or does every FA gets NE attached to it?

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

For starters, your intel may not be accurate. Harris was running with the ones BEFORE Michel came back. The first couple of practices after Sony came back, the two alternated reps with the ones. Then the next day they scrimmaged and Michel worked exclusively with the ones and Harris with the reserves. Then something happened to Harris and as far as I know he has not been back to practice (missed the last two practices). Now Miller is back and is said to be getting a ton of work to get him up to speed after missing most of camp.

IMO, in spite of what people may think, the rotation NE has used over the years has typically resulted in top tier RB production as a unit . . . many years over 2000 YFS and 20+ TD. IMO, I don't think they need LF, as he won't move the needle much in terms of improving the offense. So he gets 3 or 4 yards a carry instead of Michel. I also don't see him being an improvement over White as a receiver.

Maybe the offense might be a little less predictable with Fournette playing, but again, I don't see it being a huge impact. So sure, if they decide they want to run the football 600 times this season and rotate all the backs, I guess that might work. But I am not sure the OL has the talent and the depth (or blocking TE's and a FB) to punish teams running the ball all game long. Like I said, LF might be a slight upgrade, but probably not enough to really impact the offense.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

IIRC, NE had 16 of their top 35 players in snaps from last year move on, retire, or opt out. And they have $34.5 million in cap space now. So they have money and a lot of spots to fill.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

It's because NE is extremely opportunistic and tries to get everyone "free".

It's like when you put CMC on the trade block in Dynasty and some owners sends you an offer for 1 future 1st and 2 future 2nds "just in case".  :lol:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, drunkb said:

That is a fair assessment. I can't argue that without watching a lot of tape. Obviously you have, so I am open to opinions. I have however watched a lot of football that says that you don't just skate by without those talents into the NFL. Talent scouts make a living doing that. You don't just get drafted that high as a project. 

Yea I hear what ur saying.....how bout he's not lived up to expectations, based on his talent and workload.....I've had him two seasons in FF and he's been super frustrating to watch.....and more than his surrounding cast, it seems it's him just running full steam into a pile, with zero patience, vision, etc...

Edited by Manster

27 minutes ago, drunkb said:

He obviously is a hot head. I don't think anyone can argue that. Maybe his release will knock him down a notch. I am still a glass half full type of guy.

"glass half full" is a dangerous approach IMO.

I'm a "where there is smoke, there is fire" type of guy :)

10 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

It's because NE is extremely opportunistic and tries to get everyone "free".

It's like when you put CMC on the trade block in Dynasty and some owners sends you an offer for 1 future 1st and 2 future 2nds "just in case".  :lol:

Easy to say after he broke out, but not so much before that.  When people talk about bad trades of studs they need to keep in mind the context of the time frame in which they did it.  Now if they did that now, it's worse.

18 hours ago, Endowed said:

0 risk.

The team cud cut him easy enough. The team is filled with Vets and champs and he would behave or be gone.

0 risk? That’s like saying Antonio Brown has zero risk. Just because you can cut a guy easily doesn’t mean there is no risk of poisonous behavior (or literal Covid poison of a player who is immature)

10 minutes ago, Edgar said:

0 risk? That’s like saying Antonio Brown has zero risk. Just because you can cut a guy easily doesn’t mean there is no risk of poisonous behavior (or literal Covid poison of a player who is immature)

I don't think I would have brought COVID into the discussion :shrug:

• Thanks 1

Chill guys. Please keep this on topic. I am not a mod and have never reported anyone, but can you guys stop attacking? This is a forum to exchange ideas and breaking news. Hell, maybe a lineup question. Just a heads up...you guys are just as dumb as me. I just come here for information, not personal attacks.

Edited by drunkb
  • Love 1

Gotta say, one of the most unexpected things this year is that Fournette will basically be putting up the same NFL numbers as 99.9% of the members of this forum this year. 

Did not see that coming.  

And honestly, how bush league was it of the coach to trash him on the way out the door? That just seems like a hack move that will only hurt the team. What player's gonna want to play there after that? 

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

What player's gonna want to play there after that? 

Did many before? 

Let's face it, not many draft day picks jumping for joy at the Jags calling your number ahead of virtually every other franchise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Gotta say, one of the most unexpected things this year is that Fournette will basically be putting up the same NFL numbers as 99.9% of the members of this forum this year. 

Did not see that coming.  

And honestly, how bush league was it of the coach to trash him on the way out the door? That just seems like a hack move that will only hurt the team. What player's gonna want to play there after that? 

He has f'd me a few times. I wasn't in cell phone range at an aquarium when he got benched on a Sunday at last minute. Anybody that thinks he isn't talented is naive or just wants him to fail. Hopefully a change will help him.

33 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I don't think I would have brought COVID into the discussion :shrug:

Mentioning Covid is important because this season places a premium on good character/good judgment more than we’ve ever seen. Think of the rookie UDFA Seahawks DB who tried to smuggle a girl into the team hotel

I can't believe he has only been in the league for three years...seems a lot longer then that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Why are we talking about Fournette like he is some toxic player. He was cut because the team wanted his salary back and had nothing to gain paying him in a lost season. When every player that leaves Jax gets colored as a malcontent you start to think that maybe they don't treat their players right in Duval. I remember a report coming out last season that Jaguars players represented 25% of player grievances filed with the NFLPA. The team tried to fine him $99k (!) for sitting on bench when he was inactive in 2018.

Even in what seems like a terrible situation, this time last year the story-line was about how hard Fournette worked in the offseason. Then he put together his first healthy season with career highs in several categories. His team team then drops him 10 days before the season starts and humiliates him by constantly talking about how no team would even give them a 7th for him. His team is trying to smear him because they want his guaranteed money and they are embarrassed they drafted so highly. You guys are buying into that narrative. 

• Like 2

More Patriots smoke per NE beat writer for The Athletic:

Jeff Howe

@jeffphowe

·

23m

The Patriots have expressed interest in Leonard Fournette, per source. We'll see if it leads to anything. The fourth overall pick from 2017 has been a free agent for about 24 hours.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boston said:

I can't believe he has only been in the league for three years...seems a lot longer then that.

Because they leaned on him. Every play was him.

4 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Mentioning Covid is important because this season places a premium on good character/good judgment more than we’ve ever seen. Think of the rookie UDFA Seahawks DB who tried to smuggle a girl into the team hotel

I've seen so called "good character" guys already break that rule in baseball.

16 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Did not see that coming.  

Doug Marrone has always been an #######.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boston said:

I remember watching his HS highlights and saying, wow, that guy is unbelievable.  Of course we all know that doesn't always translate upwards and we can't measure brain and heart, but yes, I was once on the LF train big time.

39 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Why are we talking about Fournette like he is some toxic player. He was cut because the team wanted his salary back and had nothing to gain paying him in a lost season. When every player that leaves Jax gets colored as a malcontent you start to think that maybe they don't treat their players right in Duval. I remember a report coming out last season that Jaguars players represented 25% of player grievances filed with the NFLPA. The team tried to fine him $99k (!) for sitting on bench when he was inactive in 2018.

Even in what seems like a terrible situation, this time last year the story-line was about how hard Fournette worked in the offseason. Then he put together his first healthy season with career highs in several categories. His team team then drops him 10 days before the season starts and humiliates him by constantly talking about how no team would even give them a 7th for him. His team is trying to smear him because they want his guaranteed money and they are embarrassed they drafted so highly. You guys are buying into that narrative. 

Espn came out with a nice article outlining how the Jags went from 10 minutes from the Superbowl in 2017 to what they are in 2020. Let's just say Management/Coaches come off very poorly with almost every decision made. I believe it mentions that only 2 starters are still there from that record setting defense in 2017.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29783310/line-collapse-how-jaguars-fell-apart-field

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mcd said:

Espn came out with a nice article outlining how the Jags went from 10 minutes from the Superbowl in 2017 to what they are in 2020. Let's just say Management/Coaches come off very poorly with almost every decision made. I believe it mentions that only 2 starters are still there from that record setting defense in 2017.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29783310/line-collapse-how-jaguars-fell-apart-field

This is why I have the upmost respect for the Patriots organization.  Having said that, I hope they have 20 years of mediocracy. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

More Patriots smoke per NE beat writer for The Athletic:

If it happens BB disagrees with all the Fournette haters itt. Just saying. 

I also predict a very fun and satisfying year for me and all the other Fournette believers as long as he doesn't get hurt again. 

Several teams are making a push to sign Leonard Fournette and sources say the #Buccaneers are one of them. Stay tuned.

@MikeGarafolo

Edited by kittenmittens
  • Like 1

On the flip side it might be Fournette's agent leaking this stuff to drum up interest too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

some of it is probably legit. some of it is def his agent.  if his agent is worth a damn he is hyping teams just kicking the tires with little intention of actually signing him.  and maybe even some teams that arent.  

Edited by The Finist
quoted wrong person.

1 hour ago, Wigglytuff's Gruff said:

Did many before? 

Let's face it, not many draft day picks jumping for joy at the Jags calling your number ahead of virtually every other franchise. 

I dunno, they had a little magic going with Minshew the mustache man last year. 

that’s a team & owner that just can’t get out of its own way. 

They were an elite D, they’ve had a ton of talent go through there over the years. They absolutely squandered the career of MJD, who deserved much better for what he brought to the game. 

High draft pick after high draft pick & they’re still just a mess.

12 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

@MikeGarafolo

I don’t believe that for a second. Bucs have been talking up RoJo all offseason, Brady said he loves him & the Bucs just said they’re going with RoJo & Dare one receiving downs with Shady as the COP/breather back. 

They're gonna shift gears & bring in Fournette 8 days before the season starts? 

color me skeptical. This is his agent blowing smoke, tryna drum up interest. 

I’m betting Fournette is sitting on his couch on opening day. He’ll sign when someone gets hurt.  

15 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Several teams are making a push to sign Leonard Fournette and sources say the #Buccaneers are one of them. Stay tuned.

@MikeGarafolo

@AlbertBreer

·

8m

The Buccaneers have emerged as a serious suitor for RB Leonard Fournette, sources say. Not done, but there's serious interest there. So another weapon for Tom Brady may be on its way.

• Like 1

Rotoworld take:

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Bucs are among "several teams" making a push at signing Leonard Fournette.

A Fournette signing seems to be the only thing that can dampen the strong Ronald Jones training camp hype. It sounds like there are a few teams with relative interest, but it's important to remember that no team was willing to claim him off waivers earlier this week. The Patriots are reportedly one of the other teams in the mix. Fournette likely finds a home by the end of the weekend, if not sooner.

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Sep 2, 2020, 5:59 PM ET

8 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I don’t believe that for a second. Bucs have been talking up RoJo all offseason, Brady said he loves him & the Bucs just said they’re going with RoJo & Dare one receiving downs with Shady as the COP/breather back. 

They're gonna shift gears & bring in Fournette 8 days before the season starts? 

color me skeptical. This is his agent blowing smoke, tryna drum up interest. 

I’m betting Fournette is sitting on his couch on opening day. He’ll sign when someone gets hurt.  

I don’t think it says anything negative about what they have if they decide to bring in a talented back for “free”. Jones would still start the year and Fournette would see chances at some point.

if he lands on Bucs which is obviously a great landing spot for him.

What can we expect from him??  

2-3 weeks of 6 carries for 30 yards type of games with maybe  TD or two as he adjusts.

But than what?  Do we think he can over take Ronald Jones?  Are we thinking 10-12 touches a game, or more like 12-15.  Are we thinking the Bucs use him as a 4th quarter finisher, or all game long as their passing game will keep defenses honest.  

I honestly think the Bucs are the perfect landing spot for him.

Just heard a discussion on LF and the Pats. The conversation settled on it would be a full blown RBBC in NE with all the backs on the roster getting used. The offense would go extra run heavy with lots of RB used for dump off passes. Basically lots of power sets and Edelman. But it was pretty uniform LF would have a much reduced role and a lot fewer touches. Not sure how appealing that would be to LF. 

10 minutes ago, Milkman said:

I feel a little saltiness itt........

It’s always interesting and entertaining to watch the bias from fantasy GMs when they are invested in a player

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I don’t think it says anything negative about what they have if they decide to bring in a talented back for “free”. Jones would still start the year and Fournette would see chances at some point.

I dunno - I'm still skeptical. I concede the possibility, but it seems unlikely. Vaughn at least plays special teams. What's Fournette gonna do if he's not playing? 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I dunno - I'm still skeptical. I concede the possibility, but it seems unlikely. Vaughn at least plays special teams. What's Fournette gonna do if he's not playing? 

Exactly. Same with Shady though.