What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (3 Viewers)

He looks better than anyone in college football right now. This guy has great quicks for a man that big.

In other news, Nick Chubb rushed for 189 and averaged right at 10ypc but because it is pedestrian by his own standards, it didn't move the needle.

If Fournette is "the next Adrian Peterson" as we like to say all the time, then Chubb is going to be the next Emmit Smith.
Peterson is a lot better than emmit tho

He should be allowed to enter the NFL draft. He shouldn't play another down for LSU after this year.

He should be allowed to enter the NFL draft. He shouldn't play another down for LSU after this year.
I would seriously consider quitting LSU at the end of the year and just hire some kind of special RB coach/strength and conditioning coach so I can focus on staying healthy, in shape and prep for the combine.

I would seriously consider quitting LSU at the end of the year and just hire some kind of special RB coach/strength and conditioning coach so I can focus on staying healthy, in shape and prep for the combine.
Yeah I agree. Or at the very least talk to coach and say he want's his touches limited to 10 a game or something. He actually could probably quit now and be a top 10 pick in the 2017 draft. Just has to stay in game shape.......

Yeah I agree. Or at the very least talk to coach and say he want's his touches limited to 10 a game or something. He actually could probably quit now and be a top 10 pick in the 2017 draft. Just has to stay in game shape.......
Absolutely would be a top 10 pick. He has more to lose. Plus, if he spent much of that time prepping for the combine so he can post the highest possible 40, broad, etc. that would seal the deal. Can he play in Canada for year?

Cowboys should be allowed to sign him right now off the LSU team.

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks better than anyone in college football right now. This guy has great quicks for a man that big.
Agree and that is saying ALOT, because I have never seen 4 rbs as perfectly awesome as these 4 guys. It's almost like they were generated by some build the perfect rb machine.

Agree and that is saying ALOT, because I have never seen 4 rbs as perfectly awesome as these 4 guys. It's almost like they were generated by some build the perfect rb machine.
The NFL needs them. Look how pathetic the RBs are in fantasy so far. So weak.

I don't like any of these guys as much as Gurley but between the next 2 years group of guys and Gurley the talent pool should be pretty well stocked.

I don't like any of these guys as much as Gurley but between the next 2 years group of guys and Gurley the talent pool should be pretty well stocked.
Right and this goes to my point of letting these guys go pro. Gurley almost or may have had his pro career hurt by a college injury. Lattimore should have had a chance to play in the NFL. It's no surprise the NFL is struggling to find elite RBs, they are all getting hurt in college.

What some of y'all are missing in your analysis is that, by all accounts, this guy is the ultimate team player and leader. His team loves him and he loves them. No way he'd sit out a year. It's not gonna happen.

LSU plays Eastern Michigan tonight. The Eagles are one of the worst run defenses in college football so don't be surprised if Fournette has 250 by halftime.

What some of y'all are missing in your analysis is that, by all accounts, this guy is the ultimate team player and leader. His team loves him and he loves them. No way he'd sit out a year. It's not gonna happen.
Yup. Figures LSU fans would be prominent on this side of the equation. Your team would suffer without its best player in a generation and of course don't care if his career gets Lattimored beyond the fact that his free services to your favorite team would be interrupted.

When you look past the rah rah team b.s., there's no earthly chance a player of his ability in such a vulnerable position to sustain catastrophic injury decides to play next year. He will sit it out, train, and be a 1st round pick in 2017.

cobalt_27 said:
psychobillies said:
Yup. Figures LSU fans would be prominent on this side of the equation. Your team would suffer without its best player in a generation and of course don't care if his career gets Lattimored beyond the fact that his free services to your favorite team would be interrupted.

When you look past the rah rah team b.s., there's no earthly chance a player of his ability in such a vulnerable position to sustain catastrophic injury decides to play next year. He will sit it out, train, and be a 1st round pick in 2017.
Or he could play, risk the very small chance of a serious injury, and STILL be a high first round pick even if he sustains it (Todd Gurley?). Given that this JUST played out less than 1 year ago with Gurley, this comment seems to lack perspective.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact that the chance of these disasterous injuries happening is still very, very small and recency bias of Gurley getting incredibly unlucky last year is heavily impacting thinking here. Also, the damage done from simply "sitting out a year and training on their own" is significant, likely to impact his draft position, and generally ignored when these silly comments are made. Being able to physically play in games, practice with a team, be in the environemnt has value. Gurley went through just about the worst case scenario for injury last year due to terrible luck and STILL essentially maximized his pre injury draft potential as a top 10 pick. Given this information, there is practically no incentive for any player to simply sit out a year to protect against injury especially since going that path comes with it's own risks and potentials to sabatoge dract stock and NFL production due to inactivity, being a new celebrity suddenly lacking structure and with too much time on their hands, poor training, lack of game pratice, etc... (Maurice Clarrett, Mike Williams)

Full disclosure- I am in no way an LSU fan. This comment just struck me as off base.

cobalt_27 said:
psychobillies said:
Yup. Figures LSU fans would be prominent on this side of the equation. Your team would suffer without its best player in a generation and of course don't care if his career gets Lattimored beyond the fact that his free services to your favorite team would be interrupted. When you look past the rah rah team b.s., there's no earthly chance a player of his ability in such a vulnerable position to sustain catastrophic injury decides to play next year. He will sit it out, train, and be a 1st round pick in 2017.
No earthly chance? Dude, you're reaching big time with this, the odds he sits out are incredibly small. There's almost no precedent.If anything the stigma around the decision and what it said about his passion for football and his commitment to his team and fellow players would sink his draft stock more than ensuring his health would help it.

What a ridiculous idea. Say what you will about the NCAA and "student athletes" in the appropriate thread, but the reality is he was given the opportunity to go to LSU to play football and his commitment to that agreement, or lack thereof, will mean something to the old school scouts and coaches and GM's around the NFL. They'd most likely see it as a lack of passion, and possibly a betrayal to the sport and to the system all prospects must operate within, fair or not: He wasn't given a chance to showcase himself to future employers so that he could choose to sit out once he'd shown enough in his own mind.

Plus you're totally ignoring the passion most of these college players have for creating a college legacy and winning bowl games, championships, etc. And the awesomeness of the star football players college experience. He won't be sitting out. And no, I'm not an LSU fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
We fixate on carries this year or that with every top RB. Why add the wear and tear? RB's have short careers. No way would I play next year. So he has to wait a year. He can make money next year with endorsements. He'll be a millionaire after this season. No reason to play at LSU for peanuts.

cobalt_27 said:
psychobillies said:

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

You off your meds today or what? How in the world did you find those words to put in my mouth? All I said is that he won't sit out, and I'm right, Check back with me next year after he comes back.

He'll get plenty of chances to play on Sunday. He's risking millions of dollars for nothing. He is a top ten pick right now if he never plays another down again. There is literally no upside to playing more for LSU. None.

He should continue playing and show teams he's not a #####
Hmmm interesting. What does he get for that?
drafted. self respect. experience.
Drafted- LOL he's a top 10 pick now if he walks off the field and never plays college football again. So nope.

self respect - So in order to have self respect he should risk his health for nothing. lol nope

experience - yeah maybe a little but he's gifted. He's not going to lose it.

He'll get plenty of chances to play on Sunday. He's risking millions of dollars for nothing. He is a top ten pick right now if he never plays another down again. There is literally no upside to playing more for LSU. None.
You know these guys can get insurance, right? He probably isn't risking anything. I don't know if he has it, but I'd imagine so. Gurley did.

He should continue playing and show teams he's not a #####
Hmmm interesting. What does he get for that?
drafted. self respect. experience.
Drafted- LOL he's a top 10 pick now if he walks off the field and never plays college football again. So nope.

self respect - So in order to have self respect he should risk his health for nothing. lol nope

experience - yeah maybe a little but he's gifted. He's not going to lose it.
Top 10 pick if he sits out another nearly 2 years from the game?

Risk his health for nothing? No, risk his health, like all players, to become a millionaire.

And yes, lots of experience.

Users who are viewing this thread