What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (2 Viewers)

looks at his Yeldon stock like a :shark:

eta: if you care to ask me next summer who to avoid for injury concerns feel free to PM me

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah If it was his ankle I'd say you nailed it unless I missed it and you said you were worried about his hamstring. 
possibly yes, but hes been an injury concern for me from the beginning. 

Frustrating for owners but i have a 1st round pick that's depending largely inversely to Fournettes health.

possibly yes, but hes been an injury concern for me from the beginning. 

Frustrating for owners but i have a 1st round pick that's depending largely inversely to Fournettes health.
And you are the best poster on injuries in this forum...….Sucks that it looks like you were right on Fournette. I had him projected for a monster year and it looks like I was wrong. Not sure I was wrong about his talent but he's not going to play for a month so he has no shot at paying off his ADP now. 

Really could have used him today but surviving without him so far. Really just want him to somehow get on and stay on the field for the stretch run of fantasy. 

JuniorGong said:
Really could have used him today but surviving without him so far. Really just want him to somehow get on and stay on the field for the stretch run of fantasy. 
With this kind of uncertainty, at what point does this guy become startable?

It's a real problem if you own him... glad I've backed him up with TJ (and now I am backing HIM up with Grant too), but it's so hard to predict who is going to actually play!

FWIW

Marrone and Hackett game plan week-to-week, with a goal of reaching the Super Bowl.  Fournette--injury-prone since college-- is the key to getting them there, so his reps will be limited in practice (all season) and during games when he is not essential to winning.  When the Jags took an 16-0 halftime lead today, it's not surprising he sat out the second half.  He was not 100%, and he wasn't needed--there was no way the Darnold-led Jets would overcome that deficit. 

The fact is, when he's healthy, he's very tough to stop. When he is dinged up, the numbers bear out he's kind of a JAG.  The Jags will work to keep him healthy for key games and the playoffs.

I have no idea about the extent of his injury, but you can be sure the Jags game plan on the road against the Chiefs next week will be pass-heavy, and they'll scheme to score 28+ pts.  If he's not 100%, very good chance he will sit or be limited and the team will rely on BB5 against a weak KC pass defense.

The next two games before the bye--DAL and HOU--line up very well for a heavy dose of Fournette.

When the Jags took an 18-0 halftime lead today, it's not surprising he sat out the second half.  He was not 100%, and he wasn't needed--there was no way the Darnold-led Jets would overcome that deficit. 
While it's super hard to see the positives in this situation, this is a fantastic point and reason for us to take a deep breath and see what happens in terms of severity of injury/reinjury.

You are 100% right that with the game in hand early, there was no incentive to press Fournette, as opposed to being overly careful with any ding he got in the game, hammy or otherwise.

While it's super hard to see the positives in this situation, this is a fantastic point and reason for us to take a deep breath and see what happens in terms of severity of injury/reinjury.

You are 100% right that with the game in hand early, there was no incentive to press Fournette, as opposed to being overly careful with any ding he got in the game, hammy or otherwise.
Face it, Marrone is the 21st century version of Mike Shanahan...he doesn't give a f**k about our fantasy teams.  See Cole, Keelan.  Westbrook lined up against Buster Skrine? Let's throw the ball to Dede 13 times today.

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone is uncertain when Leonard Fournette (hamstring) will be ready to return.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Fournette seems likely to miss "at least" two games after he sat out Weeks 2 and 3 with his initial pull. The Jags appear to — correctly — believe they brought back Fournette too soon. Fournette will miss Week 5 against the high-flying Chiefs before the Jags get the ground-and-pound Cowboys in Week 6. Next up are the Texans and Eagles. T.J. Yeldon will lead a committee in Fournette's place with Corey Grant changing the pace. Yeldon has usually been an RB2 during Fournette's previous absences.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Oct 1 - 3:22 PM

A lot of pessimism from local media on sports radio this morning. While admitting condition of Fournette’s hamstring was unknown, there was discussion of injured reserve and bringing in a free agent running back. That said, there was confidence in the ability of a healthy TJ Yeldon, although game planning would be different without Fournette 

A lot of pessimism from local media on sports radio this morning. While admitting condition of Fournette’s hamstring was unknown, there was discussion of injured reserve and bringing in a free agent running back. That said, there was confidence in the ability of a healthy TJ Yeldon, although game planning would be different without Fournette 
Yikes.  Thanks for the info!

Demarco Murray? 

It's never fun losing one of your top players, but it's worse to play and only get a handful of points when he leaves early.  I rather have him sit out a while.

No, because I will never know when to start him.  I'd rather have a high upside guy who I can actually play if he pans out.
You're not a good fantasy player if you refuse to take a guy in round 16 just because you'd never know when to start him.  You WOULD take Cook or Fournette next year if they fell to you in round 16.  You're just too angry at them to admit it right now.  Don't be silly.

So stupid. Figures I dropped Yeldon first chance I get and this happens. Dropped Bernard the week Mixon got injured too. Williams last week. Should stop dropping people...

Would you guys move him for a WR of the Ridley/Jeffrey ilk? With Hikton hurt I could use someone even if it means losing on potential upside down the road. I don't know how to read this situation.

ETA Just was offered AJ green for him. Never hit accept so fast!

Going to try to swing a deal with the team that owns Yeldon but they are 1-3 so not feeling great about my chances. I will offer them Fournette for Alex Collins or Kenny Stills for Yeldon but probably a long shot they bite.

Users who are viewing this thread