What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (2 Viewers)

This just sucks so much. He's a beast when healthy, but can't seem to stay healthy. I'm hopeful it's a Frank Gore situation and he's injured frequently early in his career but then pulls it together, but these are soft tissue, so idk. 

Also, someone needs to get him involved with Yoga or something. 

Just traded for this guy in 0.5 ppr league 2 keeper league.

Sent Marvin Jones and Devonta Freeman for Jordan Reed and Fournette.

I'm pretty stacked at RB  as is with DJ, Sony, Ingram, Aaron Jones, and B. Powell..... and now Fournette.  Figured I could wait for him to get healthy.  Ill be following this thread intently.

Upgraded my TE situation as I have Burton, so Reed fills in this week for the bye and most likely rest of season (if he can stay healthy)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys who frequently use steroids and other enhancements end up with frequent soft tissue injuries later on, especially when they go off the stuff.

Not saying Fournette is a user, but this is typically the trend and it raises eyebrows. if soft tissue injuries seem to linger for FF then we have our answer. 

FWIW, yoga doesnt guarantee better flexibility. Clay Matthews could touch his knee to his face and still managed to have hamstring issues. See first point above
Come on, man.

Guys who frequently use steroids and other enhancements end up with frequent soft tissue injuries later on, especially when they go off the stuff.

Not saying Fournette is a user, but this is typically the trend and it raises eyebrows. if soft tissue injuries seem to linger for FF then we have our answer. 

FWIW, yoga doesnt guarantee better flexibility. Clay Matthews could touch his knee to his face and still managed to have hamstring issues. See first point above
I don't care if he does or doesn't. A ton of these guys are on something. None of my business. Just get me fantasy points. 

Well this is odd and concerning. Granted Marrone isn't a doctor but if this is what he's told that is definitely not good

Nothing should be "catching" in there. This is pretty bad news. I'd think IR may be more than 50/50 if this is really what's going on. Either that or an extended time off. I'm unfamiliar with IR rules because they seem to change yearly... but if he goes on IR now he might be able to be reactivated later. Maybe someone can correct me on that. But regardless, this "layman's talk" is pretty concerning. For a doctor to explain it in this way... that's not right. 

What makes sense to me is that the hamstring is so tight/in spasm/in protection mode that it's not tolerating stretch, resulting in a feeling of it catching, which may take a long time to loosen up and then strengthen. If there is a small tear, then that would create a lump which could catch as well. Typically small tears aren't fixed in the hamstring because there's not a lot you can do with them. 
He could return and be eligible to play in 8 weeks if place on the IR.

Maybe this is career ending........

A ton of broad and baseless conjecture here.

Don't you put that evil on this thread, boys.

Just traded Gurley for Fournette and 3 1st round picks (probably going to be very late). Hard to let Gurley go but his value can't get any higher, hopefully Fournette gets back to health soon. 

I'm not sure if I would have done that, being they are 3 late 1st rounders, but I can understand why you did. It's a pretty tempting offer and you never know where those picks might end up. I would have wanted a little higher draft picks. But I get it. 
I have to add that it's a 16 team 6 keeper league, not a pure dynasty. So there's always real talent available in the late 1st. 

Just traded Gurley for Fournette and 3 1st round picks (probably going to be very late). Hard to let Gurley go but his value can't get any higher, hopefully Fournette gets back to health soon. 
Maybe that's a sell high but I can still see many scenarios where you totally regret making that deal.

ETA: saw your follow up to Dr. Dan - so I can see your side easier now.

I get it. I wouldn't have made the deal if I had a realistic shot at winning the league this year. 
Not criticizing it at all, I make a lot of deals that people would question. And it is not like you got nothing in return. If LF comes back and is on the field with no long term issue I think it is an automatic win. Again just hard to unload Gurley now. Good luck.

Anyone buying in Redraft? I have a ton of WRs looking to get rid of somebody and could use a 3rd RB whenever (if ever) he gets healthy.

What's the price if the guy is even willing to part with him.

Anyone buying in Redraft? I have a ton of WRs looking to get rid of somebody and could use a 3rd RB whenever (if ever) he gets healthy.

Wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole. He is in that awful position of kinda hurt kinda not. The position that makes you dodge the injury report only to play and get hurt again. Would rather a guy not play and get to 100% for the rest of the year but Fournette is not that guy. He’ll forever live in that grey area. Which sucks, cuz I would love to roll him on it and he is killing my contest team, lol. 

dropping him myself. he's thisclose to IR , either in season variety ( what is it 8 weeks off) or the long term, down for the year thingy.

and thats for his hamstring problems, we haven't even hit his patented, trademarked, yearly sprained ankles™,©,®

this guy is a total waste of a roster spot.

As I've said previously, i was not a fan of Fournette coming out of college. In fact, I took CMC at 1.01 in a dynasty and was bashed repeatedly on here by a few select folks who thought I was an idiot for preferring CMC.  But I digress.  I remember reading something back before he was drafted - I can't remember the source or anything - about Fournette not having a true love of the game but rather a love of fame.  In other words, the gist I got from the article is that he is not really passionate about football the sport but rather the accolades and attention he gets as a result.  That sort of stuck with me and maybe that's some of what we're seeing here.  I've never had hammy issues but just seems like its one of those injuries that can easily be faked and/or milked by players.  I'm so pissed I took this guy in a couple of leagues (thankfully only 2/13 redrafts). I did so because I thought he had a very high floor and also as a hedge because I have a tendency to take the same guys in all my leagues.

In a redraft just pulled my trade offer w/ me giving up Ingram for Fournette.  don't like what I'm reading here & also him coming back & re injuring immediately.  Wish they could get a handle on it.

As I've said previously, i was not a fan of Fournette coming out of college. In fact, I took CMC at 1.01 in a dynasty and was bashed repeatedly on here by a few select folks who thought I was an idiot for preferring CMC.  But I digress.  I remember reading something back before he was drafted - I can't remember the source or anything - about Fournette not having a true love of the game but rather a love of fame.  In other words, the gist I got from the article is that he is not really passionate about football the sport but rather the accolades and attention he gets as a result.  That sort of stuck with me and maybe that's some of what we're seeing here.  I've never had hammy issues but just seems like its one of those injuries that can easily be faked and/or milked by players.  I'm so pissed I took this guy in a couple of leagues (thankfully only 2/13 redrafts). I did so because I thought he had a very high floor and also as a hedge because I have a tendency to take the same guys in all my leagues.
Didn’t take him anywhere except the contest thankfully, but this is exactly how I saw Fournette. After suffering several first round busts I was determined to find someone that would get me 15 points a week and then I could go upside in the following rounds. Well, so much for that plan, lol. And that’s essentially how I viewed the contest so I wanted safety at RB and upside at receiver so I changed Gordon, McCaffrey and Thompson to Fournette, Howard and Royce. Womp womp. 

I just bought him in a 2 -man keeper re-draft. 12 person 0.5 PPR.

Sent Devonta Freeman and Marvin Jones for Fournette and Jordan Reed.

I needed a TE this week and my current TE, Burton, isn't giving me much confidence.  I'm ok sliding him into IR for 2-4 weeks until he is 100% as I am strong at RB (DJ, Sony, Aaron, Ingram, Billal) and WR (Hopkins, OBJ, Baldwin, J. Brown, Geronimo, Keke).

I figure when both healthy Fournette is the better talent with more opportunity on a team the wants to run run run.

All this negativity in here has me worried though.....  :(

Didn’t take him anywhere except the contest thankfully, but this is exactly how I saw Fournette. After suffering several first round busts I was determined to find someone that would get me 15 points a week and then I could go upside in the following rounds. Well, so much for that plan, lol. And that’s essentially how I viewed the contest so I wanted safety at RB and upside at receiver so I changed Gordon, McCaffrey and Thompson to Fournette, Howard and Royce. Womp womp. 
& a final womp.  feel for you as I'm a disaster in a few leagues & I see no way out.  You look at the waiver wire & [slump].

At least I snagged yeldon... who’s been pretty good in his absence this year.,.
That’s where I messed up. Should have grabbed Yeldon - I don’t remember how much he was tho. I think Yeldon will be a good RB2 so while you’re not getting what you drafted it’s still not a complete loss. 

I was just offered Kenny Stills for him in PPR redraft. I'll be in the corner crying if you need me.
I'm not even getting any offers for him. Lololol like nobody wants my 1st round pick. Lol everybody but me knew he was a fraud and was never going to finish a game this year. 

Lol feels bad man........oh well there's always next year. 

Milkman said:
I'm not even getting any offers for him. Lololol like nobody wants my 1st round pick. Lol everybody but me knew he was a fraud and was never going to finish a game this year. 

Lol feels bad man........oh well there's always next year. 
I’m lucky to be 3-1 in that league so I can laugh a little, but I’ll be in trouble when byes hit. 

Sitting at 11, I was so so so happy to see 1.09 Fournette, 1.10 Beckham 1.11 - me, Gordon

i didn’t want either of the 2 who went before and especially not Fournette. I told myself if Gordon wasn’t there I’d take Michael thomas & start WR-WR. 

Sitting at 11, I was so so so happy to see 1.09 Fournette, 1.10 Beckham 1.11 - me, Gordon

i didn’t want either of the 2 who went before and especially not Fournette. I told myself if Gordon wasn’t there I’d take Michael thomas & start WR-WR. 
Right move.  I've learned a tough lesson this year.  Drafting at the turn was really difficult for me, because it was always Fournette and Cook sitting there. 

I will NEVER draft guys with injury risk like this again.  I will think more critically and sacrifice ADP to avoid this crap.  Season killers although I am 3-1 thanks to Diggs/Thielen/Cousins connection, I am screwed at RB.  Had to drop ton of FAAB dollars gambling on Davis. 

And having had soft tissue injuries myself, I can speak from experience that one injury can frequently lead to another as your body overcompensates for the initial injury.  That's one of the reasons some guys are just injury prone.  

Fournette has 13 points in PPR through 5 games.  That extrapolates out to 41.5 points for the season.  Yeah, I would not take him in the 16th round, because I would simply never know when to play him.  Better options, honestly.

Wish I could trade him for more than a bag of chips
I was offered Kerryon & Mike Evans for my Fournette & Juju. (PPR dynasty)

I think the drop off @ Rb I'd take is not worth the WR upgrade here. Especially since RB is my weak spot & I am strong at WR without Evans.

He initially offered Breida & KJ for Fournette.

I was offered Kerryon & Mike Evans for my Fournette & Juju. (PPR dynasty)

I think the drop off @ Rb I'd take is not worth the WR upgrade here. Especially since RB is my weak spot & I am strong at WR without Evans.
Oh manI don't know. That's tough to pass on if he is s a career bust. Although Juju conceivably could be a top WR for a long time depending on who ultimately becomes the next qb in Pittsburgh.

Just traded for him in a 12 team, keep 5 players, 0.5ppr. Gave my first rounders the next two years, which will both be late in the round. I understand the negativity on LF. Just trying to make a run, got a team that needs a push over the top, and I hope he’s it. 

Users who are viewing this thread