What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (2 Viewers)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Leonard Fournette (hamstring) could miss Week 6 against the Cowboys.

Per Rapsheet, Fournette's injured hamstring is back where it was "a couple weeks ago." The Jaguars didn't even wait until Friday to rule Fournette out for Sunday's game in Kansas City and at this point, it wouldn't be a surprise if he missed next week's game as well. The 23-year-old shed weight this offseason in hopes of improving his durability, but obviously it's had little effect. T.J. Yeldon will continue to fill in for the injury-prone power back.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Oct 7 - 9:23 AM

I’m pretty sure we’re all pretty down on Fournette. I know I am. At this point, would you rather have him as a long-term keeper/dynasty or Michel? 

I’m pretty sure we’re all pretty down on Fournette. I know I am. At this point, would you rather have him as a long-term keeper/dynasty or Michel? 
I don't think I'll ever be that far down on him.  I'm taking the stance that the Jags want him healthy for the back half of the season and playoffs.  He's proven to be a difference-maker when he's on the field. 

He could win a lot of championships at the end of this season if he gets himself right.

I don't think I'll ever be that far down on him.  I'm taking the stance that the Jags want him healthy for the back half of the season and playoffs.  He's proven to be a difference-maker when he's on the field. 

He could win a lot of championships at the end of this season if he gets himself right.
He could assuming you're not eliminated in part to getting nothing out of your 1st rounder.  If you can overcome that then yes he could be that guy.

He could assuming you're not eliminated in part to getting nothing out of your 1st rounder.  If you can overcome that then yes he could be that guy.
There's a lot of ways to acquire him, both in dynasty and redraft.  I'm sure you can find him for far cheaper than a 1st round pick in redraft leagues.

All you can do is hold him at this point. Wouldn't expect more than a few ok performances from him though. By the time he gets back on the field he will have missed 4-6 weeks.

Meh it is what it is.......Fournette has screwed us all. 

Florida Football Insiders reports a "source having knowledge of the Jaguars' thinking" expects the team to sit Leonard Fournette (hamstring) through the Week 9 bye.

Fournette has been ruled out very early in the week the past two weeks and hasn't practiced at all since re-injuring his hamstring in Week 4. Jacksonville is in Dallas this week, which Fournette has already been ruled out for, and then hosts the Texans in Week 7 before going to London for a date with the Eagles in Week 8. The Jaguars then have their bye. It may make the most sense to let Fournette rest through the open date and have him for the stretch run.

I like the idea of a healthy, rested Fournette steam-rolling into the fantasy playoffs.

And if you have Yeldon it's not a huge downgrade for the next few weeks. 

But I threw-up in my mouth a bit when I had to put a WW request in for J Charles this week...

OK, here’s some conjecture:

Jags are 3-2 and tied for division lead without Fournette.

And every other team in that division ain’t lighting the world on fire. 

Titans have played solid D but have needed to rely in Mariota’s arm to stay in games, and we know that’s a coin toss in terms of the way it can go.

Texans have so much talent on D but they are just now starting to put it together; but their O-line is trash as is there running game (maybe as a result) which allows Ds to force them to have a one-dimensional offense predicated around the pass, which is disrupted by the O line not being able to sustain a pocket for Watson.

Colts arguably have the most juice - Luck is somewhat back, their D can step up, they have the ability to set the pass up with the run; they are just injury riddled and 1-4.

“What’s your poutine-and-maple-syrup-chugging point, STC?” you may ask.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking but I wonder if the Jags feel no need to rush Fournette back in this current environment.

And maybe if the Colts turn it around, the Texans gain ground, and/or the Titans still keep neck and neck with the Jags through the next week or two, the Jags and Fournette will feel some pressure to get him in there sooner.

Yes, likely a pipe dream. Occam’s Razor seems to be sit him until he’s healthy as you’ll need him down the stretch.

But stranger things happen in a winning-is-the-only-thing league.

Dynasty: Traded for Fournette today, with him being the "downgrade" at RB in a deal to get an upgrade somewhere else. Believers (and even non-believers who like value shopping) should probably check in with the Fournette owner in your leagues. I have Hunt/AJG for Fournette/Tyreek. 

Just traded for him in re-draft. Golladay for Fournette in a 0.5ppr league where I have Hopkins, Julio, Thielen, Golladay and Amari but a thin RB corps with questions in  Conner, Miller, K Johnson, Carson and Chubb. Sitting at 4-1 right now,  figure if it goes right then I'll be in a good position down the home straight and am not risking a change to my starting lineup. The cloud over Conner makes me feel the need to take a risk and make a move

Last edited by a moderator:
I kicked the tires in my dynasty league to see what the value might be. Thinking I might be able to flip for 2020 picks. Too steep of a price. I don't blame him. I wouldn't give him away either. 

Plus I think cat's out of the bag that I completely pulled wool over his eyes and stole his 1st rounder, which is likely to be top 2-3, so I don't think he is going to want to deal with me for a while. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Milkman said:
He'll come back week 11 and pull his groin. 
Actually it will be his ankle, his original injury concern that people have forgotten about since the hamstring injury.

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) ran on a side field at Friday's practice.

Coach Doug Marrone said Fournette has a "chance" to play Week 7 against the Texans. Fournette is already out for this week in Dallas. A report surfaced earlier in the week that Jacksonville could hold Fournette out through the Week 9 bye, so playing Week 7 or 8 would be viewed as a great sign.

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) ran on a side field at Friday's practice.

Coach Doug Marrone said Fournette has a "chance" to play Week 7 against the Texans. Fournette is already out for this week in Dallas. A report surfaced earlier in the week that Jacksonville could hold Fournette out through the Week 9 bye, so playing Week 7 or 8 would be viewed as a great sign.
Or a terrible sign.  Just let him heal up.  All the way.

He's going to be rusty for a month.....plus splitting carries for a game or two. He's close to a total loss this year. Not really startable until week 13-14.........

I'd prefer seeing the glass half full versus being a total loss. Cross that bridge when it happens or not.
I think that's right.  Not sure there is much ramp up to playing RB in the NFL; Jamaal Charles will get reps this weekend despite no meaningful work since the beginning of last December.  Marrone has said that Fournette can play without practicing, so he'll play full out when he's healthy.  I'm less concerned with rust than another injury

One more little tweak and his dynasty value crashes and burns until he proves healthy. Can't decide whether to get out or buy more...
The overreaction from a dynasty perspective in here is pretty comical.  Dude has a pulled hamstring, not an achilles tear.  Yes it’s sucks this year, but if owners deflate his value significantly because of this then I’m buying.

(Owner of Fournette in only one league.)

The concern is the type of hamstring pull that concerns me. It was stated that Fournette voiced his concern regarding a "pulling" in a certain area that prevents him from running effectively. I'm sure JAX is taking every possible mode of care to heal this. Obviously there are certain types of pulled hamstrings and it appears his is a lingering one... Eventually it would seem, even his hamstring will heal. Holding out hope, what else can you do? Trade him, drop him? I'm holding in two leagues.

One more little tweak and his dynasty value crashes and burns until he proves healthy. Can't decide whether to get out or buy more...
Whelp, I ended up buying for an early 2019 1st/2nd + James White, so I guess I'm on this train now.

Hopefully he's able to stay healthy for a few years.

Whelp, I ended up buying for an early 2019 1st/2nd + James White, so I guess I'm on this train now.

Hopefully he's able to stay healthy for a few years.
Nice buy.  My only hesitation on buying more is maybe I can get him even cheaper once the owner get frustrated and overreacts.  Just getting greedy tho... 

Or a terrible sign.  Just let him heal up.  All the way.
This all day. As much as I'd like to want to use Fournette, and as much as the Jags probably want to have him in there, and there may be a temptation to test him on a snap count knowing that he will have another two weeks through the bye until his next game...

...we've JUST literally see him exacerbate it and sit out mutliple weeks. Why the hell take that chance again? Jags are still in the hunt for the division, and shouldn't risk a marquee player for being out periodically through the season if they can just let him heal all the way and have it no longer be an issue.

I'd prefer seeing the glass half full versus being a total loss. Cross that bridge when it happens or not.
Haha well I'm glad you can stay positive. I'm pretty down on him moving forward in dynasty. Love the talent but it seems he will struggle to hold up if given the ball 20+ times a game. Could see the Jags starting to feel that way too and splitting with Yeldon more which turns Fournette into a 2 down thumper. Puke.

I'm probably going to trade him in the offseason and move on. Bortles caps his upside too being so terrible.

This all day. As much as I'd like to want to use Fournette, and as much as the Jags probably want to have him in there, and there may be a temptation to test him on a snap count knowing that he will have another two weeks through the bye until his next game...

...we've JUST literally see him exacerbate it and sit out mutliple weeks. Why the hell take that chance again? Jags are still in the hunt for the division, and shouldn't risk a marquee player for being out periodically through the season if they can just let him heal all the way and have it no longer be an issue.
You are in for a gut wrenching 2-3 years. He's made of glass.

Users who are viewing this thread