What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (2 Viewers)

It's a big illusion that the Jags offense isn't high scoring.  Just because they relied on the run game and have a great D (last year), doesn't mean that.  Again, they put up the 5th most points per game in the NFL last year.  This year they're 29th.

This doesn't have as much to do with Fournette as it does his situation.  I thought he'd be a lock for 20 carries a game in at the LEAST, a top 10 offense.  Their offense is awful and they have 2 other arguably capable RB's on the roster.  This seems like a 15 carry a week on a bottom 10 offense type situation once he returns, even if he plays well.  Why anyone is expecting RB1 numbers is beyond me.  I'm just hoping for a solid flex or decent Rb2 once he's back.
That would be great, tbh...

I'm hoping he doesn't leave when I start him in week 14 after his 1st series. 

Have Conner/Bell Hunt Howard and Fournette.

Debating putting Fournette into the flex this week over Howard
I am kind of in the same spot...

I have Hunt, DJ, Sony, Aaron Jones, Ingram, and Fournette.

Think I may start Fournette over Ingram and Sony

Finally got a sniff on Fournette in dynasty now that he's coming back. Fournette and Landry for Hopkins. Seems like decent value if Fournette doesn't become a top 8 RB, but having to start 8 non-QBs in this 14 teamer (no K or D/ST) every week makes that a heavier price. 

Anyone else getting offers for Fournette in dynasty with his return imminent? 

I just moved him in a 2 keeper 12 person league. 

Traded away fournette, Big Ben, and mason crosby for cam and zuerline.....my other RBs are DJ, Sony, Aaron, Ingram, and Hunt

Cams playoff schedule (NO and Atlanta) was too juicy to pass up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, this is the moment we've all been waiting for.

Finally healthy, finally a full go. 

I completely understand the nay-sayers. He won't be effective, he has more competition so volume will be down and as a result, makes him less dependable of an RB1.

I hear you. And I may actually agree to an extent.

But I'm willfully stopping up my ears and choosing instead to throw myself fully and full-heartedly behind Lenny.

Because he's finally a full and unhampered go.

Choo mf'ing choo.

14/56/1 

2/9

14.5 PPR points, that is where I'm setting the O/U this week. 

I'm on the under, but I think a stat line like I mentioned is realistic. 

14/56/1 

2/9

14.5 PPR points, that is where I'm setting the O/U this week. 

I'm on the under, but I think a stat line like I mentioned is realistic. 
Against the Colt's?  I'm taking the over on rushing and receiving yards without question.  It's the TD component that's the big uncertainty IMO. 

Would love to hear about any of Fournette trades happening, especially in keeper/dynasty leagues. Have to think there are plenty of Fournette owners who are having rough seasons and looking to get something back on their investment. Could be a high-risk/high-reward target if you have the nerve, but I'm not sure I do.

Would love to hear about any of Fournette trades happening, especially in keeper/dynasty leagues. Have to think there are plenty of Fournette owners who are having rough seasons and looking to get something back on their investment. Could be a high-risk/high-reward target if you have the nerve, but I'm not sure I do.
A few weeks ago I traded James White, mid-1st, mid-2nd for him in PPR dynasty.

Traded Tyreek Hill and DeSean Jackson for Fournette and Tyler Boyd a couple weeks ago. 12 TM PPR.

Well, it's either Fournette or Crowell for me. Thinking I'll take my shots on Fournette as long as he goes full practice today.

Still feeling good about the deal?
Since the trade Boyd has outscored Hill, per game. Hill is the most valuable part of the deal - and I usually prefer being on that side of deals - but I view Boyd as a foundation piece. Last week I traded a late 1st and D. Lewis for him in another league, for additional context. 

Every time I hear sirens I get a little nervous as I feel I got away with murder.

Dynasty- Got Fournette for my 1st (should be a late 1st, I'm in 2nd right now), my 4th, and Ryan Grant who I would have dropped by now.

I find it a little hard to believe that the Jaguars traded for Hyde just as an insurance policy. They paid too much to have him sit on the bench. My guess is that they will limit Fournette's carries to make sure he stays healthy. Possibly a 50/35/15 split with Hyde and Yeldon. If/when he gets hurt again, Hyde will take over. 

I find it a little hard to believe that the Jaguars traded for Hyde just as an insurance policy. They paid too much to have him sit on the bench. My guess is that they will limit Fournette's carries to make sure he stays healthy. Possibly a 50/35/15 split with Hyde and Yeldon. If/when he gets hurt again, Hyde will take over. 
I actually think the opposite may be true, that they intend to use Fournette as a true bellcow, 25 touches a week, with the expectation, that he will likely get hurt.

I think Hyde was acquired to be the backup plan when Fournette goes down. I think they view Fournette as their best offensive player, and they don't have the luxury of using him sparingly. They need wins now, if they have any intention of making the playoffs. They are tied for last place right now, if they lose this week, they'll be alone in last, and arguably need to win out to have any hopes of a playoff berth.

I think as long as Fournette is good enough to play, he'll see as many carries as any RB in the NFL. Will he hold up to it? The evidenced to date says probably not, but at least now they are better prepared for it.

One thing to keep in mind is that Jacksonville needs to win NOW - they are 3-5 and a couple more losses will knock them out of the playoffs.  So based on that I do expect them to ride Fournette.  There's no point in saving him for the playoffs if they don't reach the playoffs.  Plus this is a divisional game so doubly important to win now.

If they get way up they may let Hyde close it out rather than expose Fournette to more risk, and I absolutely think Hyde steels at least a handful of touches that otherwise would have gone to Fournette, but I think Fournette gets a lot more than 50% of touches, at least when they are ahead or down by less than a TD.  If in a deep hole you may see Yeldon getting the bulk of the touches.

One thing to keep in mind is that Jacksonville needs to win NOW - they are 3-5 and a couple more losses will knock them out of the playoffs.  So based on that I do expect them to ride Fournette.  There's no point in saving him for the playoffs if they don't reach the playoffs.  Plus this is a divisional game so doubly important to win now.

If they get way up they may let Hyde close it out rather than expose Fournette to more risk, and I absolutely think Hyde steels at least a handful of touches that otherwise would have gone to Fournette, but I think Fournette gets a lot more than 50% of touches, at least when they are ahead or down by less than a TD.  If in a deep hole you may see Yeldon getting the bulk of the touches.
what happened to Yeldon?  Serious Q.

Give me a solid Twitter update @Moonshine !!
Nothing definitive today so far, unfortunately, and I'm still waiting on the practice report for them, but the full practice yesterday gives me optimism. Here are a couple other things that give me optimism:

1. During Jalen Ramsey's interview after practice today, he indicates that he and the defense (and virtually everyone on the team) are happy that #27 is coming back (https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/1060570118911090689, at the 1:24 mark the question starts). Not definitive, but it at least sounds like he thinks Fournette is back this weekend.
  2. For people fearing that Fournette will come back and see a reduced workload if he comes back this week, Marone said "You’re asking me if he is able to play, are we going to kind of hold back or just kind of work him into it? We are full-boring everybody. Once a guy is ready to play, that has to be our expectation."
So there's optimism internally that he'll play, and the belief is he won't be treated with kid gloves upon return, which makes sense since this is a division game and the only game that really matters for them is the one that's next on their schedule. With their record, they don't get the luxury of taking it easy on their star players, since another loss can take them out of playoff contention.

The feeling of starting CMC and Fournette with full and utmost confidence for the first time since opening day kick-off. 

Cue heavy electronically-filtered breathing through an ebony mask, the shake of a tightly clutched black-gloved fist raised in front of a cloaked torso   

STC to his adversary GMs: "You are about to know the full power of the dark side. Don't make me destroy you."

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
The feeling of starting CMC and Fournette with full and utmost confidence for the first time since opening day kick-off. 

Cue heavy electronically-filtered breathing through an ebony mask, the shake of a tightly clutched black-gloved fist raised in front of a cloaked torso   

STC to his adversary GMs: "You are about to know the full power of the dark side. Don't make me destroy you."
Same boat here GB.  Helluva start last night too.

cap'n grunge said:
Starting with confidence....

that I have few other options.
I've got Crowell as my other option. Not sure which poison to pick here, unless I cut the difference and roll the dice on Mike Williams as my flex instead.

Starting with full confidence.  Carry me to a title Fournette!!!!

IND / BUF / IND /MIA four of the last six weeks. If he's back to form could be a big difference maker end of year.

Starting with full confidence.  Carry me to a title Fournette!!!!

IND / BUF / IND /MIA four of the last six weeks. If he's back to form could be a big difference maker end of year.
FWIW, BUF isn't really a cupcake run D -- per FBG, they did well holding the Texans, Patriots, and Bears to a combined 214 ground yards over the last 3 weeks.

But IND and MIA can be carved on the ground. 

According NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Leonard Fournette (hamstring) is expected to see a "full workload" in Sunday's Week 10 game against the Colts.

Fournette will return from a four-game absence Sunday at Indianapolis and it doesn't sound like he'll have any limitations. The second-year bull-dozer practiced in full all week coming off the Jaguars' bye. With Fournette back to assume his usual workhorse responsibilities, T.J. Yeldon and Carlos Hyde won't be of much use to fantasy owners.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Nov 11 - 9:22 AM

I will never understand how people can wish injury or make FF so personal against an NFL player. I guess the players bang a lot of FF players' moms?

Picked up both Fournette and Cook off the wire in my work Yahoo league with shallow benches where the owners had given up on them. Would love to see them as a healthy 1,2 to finish out the year.  :oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread