What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (5 Viewers)

He’s officially off my consideration list, guy rides the bench. 

Might just outright drop him, bad locker room guy, don’t want him on my roster anyways. Should we win, he doesn’t deserve to be a league champion, we did in spite of him this year.

I just dropped him, don’t even want him on my roster for this championship game. Let’s go Alshon Jeffrey!!

#### this guy, on my DND list in 2019!

21 for 52 & 3 for 14

I hate this man. I benched Fournette and Michel for ####### Jeffrey, fml!!
:lmao:   :lmao:

Rough year, but I found a way to win without him.  I doubt I will draft him again, but after passing on gurley the following year after fisher, you never say never, but he won’t be a pick a top3 rd or 4th rd or prob 5th rd pick for me either.  

Leonard Fournette (ankle, foot) is doubtful for Week 17 against the Texans.

Carlos Hyde (knee) is questionable, so it could be T.J. Yeldon and David Williams in the backfield for the finale. Fournette is obviously unlikely to play, closing the book on an extremely disappointing second season for both him and the team. Fournette appeared in eight games, rushing 133 times for 439 yards (3.3 YPC) and five touchdowns, adding 22-185-1 as a receiver.

Dec 28 - 12:25 PM

I'm curious as to where he goes next season.  I've got him at RB13 at the moment.  I can't imagine anyone touching him in the 1st, and I won't be surprised if he makes it to the 3rd.  As frustrating as this year has been, if he makes it to the 3rd round, he's interesting.

ASeeing that all over twitter but no one has explained what they were doing/what Coughlin was referring to
Not sure I understand? You mean sitting on the bench disinterested? If so only Yeldon and Fournette can answer that but I don't blame either of them.

Yeldon's situation seems more clear, he looks pissed he was active but knew he was not going to get used.  Since he's likely to leave and and I'd always thought one of the reasons they made the Hyde trade was for 2019 and they wanted to see what they had to this makes sense but Marrone said after the game when asked about Yeldon that he "was playing the players that gave him the best chance to win".  That's BS and if that's how he phrased it to Yeldon when he likely told him he'd be active but only used in emergency I'd be as pissed as Yeldon looked.

But since I knew Yeldon was going to leave the more interesting part of this is Fournette. Maybe his foot was not that bad and they just wanted to deactivate him, maybe he saw the reports today that Marrone is due back and he's trying to be difficult in hopes they want to move on. No idea really but this going down today like it did seems like potentially big news for Fournette's future, today is the first day since he's been a Jaguar I don't think he'll be one in his next NFL game.

I had quite a few comments that the picture wasn't what Coughlin was referiing to but no further explanation, but who knows?

Might explain why he looked particularly disinterested today and why he looked so great in the Bills game and like poo when he got back from suspension:

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/ap-source-jaguars-void-fournette-s-contract-guarantees

A person familiar with the situation says the Jacksonville Jaguars have notified running back Leonard Fournette that his suspension late last month voided the remaining guarantees in his four-year rookie contract.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Sunday night. The person said the Jaguars notified Fournette of the action weeks ago. Fournette could challenge the decision.

If you’re in the market for a consistently injured RB averaging 3.7 yards a carry, could be your lucky day!!
I'm sure Jags will try and trade him but what is surprising about this is it sounds like if they can't get something enough of value they are actually going to cut him. That they took steps already to be able to cut him and not take any salary cap hits likely speaks to the market they anticipate seeing.  I know he's had his issues but some good moments as well and I'm kind of stunned that things could potentially get this bad this quickly for the 4th overall pick of the draft and just as stunned that the guy who took him 4th overall and passed on a ton of QB's is keeping his job.

I'm sure Jags will try and trade him but what is surprising about this is it sounds like if they can't get something enough of value they are actually going to cut him. That they took steps already to be able to cut him and not take any salary cap hits likely speaks to the market they anticipate seeing.  I know he's had his issues but some good moments as well and I'm kind of stunned that things could potentially get this bad this quickly for the 4th overall pick of the draft and just as stunned that the guy who took him 4th overall and passed on a ton of QB's is keeping his job.
As an idiot who took him with my 1st round pick at 8 this year, I watched him frequently this season - he looked every bit as bad as his stats. 

My best comparison to him this year would be someone like a Gus Edwards, just less explosive.

On top of looking bad, he apparently has some character flaws. 

If they succeed in pulling back the guarantees, this is a guy who is going to have to prove it on the field moving forward. Based on what I watched this year, I don’t know if he can.

Our sixteen team league’s Fournette owner went on a week 17 heater to finish first in total points.  Go figure
I won my league, even with the Fournette mishap. James Conner was my LF replacement.

I outright cut him on Sunday morning last week before the finals game, I didn’t want to see him on my roster. 

As an idiot who took him with my 1st round pick at 8 this year, I watched him frequently this season - he looked every bit as bad as his stats. 

My best comparison to him this year would be someone like a Gus Edwards, just less explosive.

On top of looking bad, he apparently has some character flaws. 

If they succeed in pulling back the guarantees, this is a guy who is going to have to prove it on the field moving forward. Based on what I watched this year, I don’t know if he can.
To each their own but I thought  looked pretty good his first 6 games last year before he got hurt and was just rarely healthy this year but when he was and the OL was fairly intact he looked good to me. Gus Edwards never has looked nearly as good to me as Fournette has looked when healthy.  He might have character flaws, might need to be a better professional, I for sure seem some flaws with his play, but again I say he's had a lot of positives as well.

I don't see him playing for them again without his contract guaranteed, just don't see it.

If you think the issue in Jax has nothing to do with the team might be a good time to buy Hyde for pennies on the dollar but I'll pass on that crapshow.  And while I only got Fournette on one dynasty team, so not a major investor in him,  that one dynasty team of mine would be kind of happy taking my chances in the open market and seeing what he can do on a legit modern NFL offense. But also don't get me wrong,  I took Fournette at 1.1 on that dynasty team and I know I made a mistake in light of what I could have had, but I still am not ready to label him a total  bust for my purposes, but for the Jags purposes I think that's likely the reality we are now in.

Yeah just reading this now. Seems to jive with the Coughlin wasn't referring to that picture comments I was reading earlier.

Might explain why he looked particularly disinterested today and why he looked so great in the Bills game and like poo when he got back from suspension:

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/ap-source-jaguars-void-fournette-s-contract-guarantees

A person familiar with the situation says the Jacksonville Jaguars have notified running back Leonard Fournette that his suspension late last month voided the remaining guarantees in his four-year rookie contract.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Sunday night. The person said the Jaguars notified Fournette of the action weeks ago. Fournette could challenge the decision.
Also being reported on Rotoworld....

The Associated Press reports the Jaguars have informed Leonard Fournette that his Week 13 suspension voided the remaining guarantees in his contract.

Fournette was banned one game for leaving the bench and fighting during a Week 12 brawl with the Bills. Guarantees are usually only voided for steroid or off-the-field issues, but depending on the contract, teams can do so for on-field conduct. Agents can negotiate out that language. Apparently Fournette's did not. Things have grown messy between Fournette and the club that made him the No. 4 overall pick of last year's draft. Speaking following Sunday's loss, EVP Tom Coughlin called an inactive Fournette "selfish" for apparently sitting on the bench the wrong way.

Fournette can come back up Henry in TEN. Maybe add bowling ball Perine too. Good luck tackling them 4 quarters

Is there a team that seems more at war with its own players? This Fournette drama, Ramsey making statements about how he won't be here in a few years, them benching Bortles when Kessler is clearly worse. Ironically it feels like the Mcadoo giants, where the talented roster was destroyed by toxic, inept coaching.

Is there a team that seems more at war with its own players? This Fournette drama, Ramsey making statements about how he won't be here in a few years, them benching Bortles when Kessler is clearly worse. Ironically it feels like the Mcadoo giants, where the talented roster was destroyed by toxic, inept coaching.
They had their window and missed it. It'll go down as one of the modern NFL's great ironies that they lost playing not to lose in the AFCCG, saw Philly take risks and play to win in the SB and beat that same Pats team. They then xerox that exact strategy in week 1 and look great beating the Pats, taking risks, pedal to the floor. Bortles playing with confidence. They then proceed to completely throw out that part of their playbook and revert to their stale, non-modern offense and stumble to 6-10 or whatever their record is.

Khan seems like a good owner, he needs to wake up and find a Nagy or McVay to modernize this team. Of course, they need a QB, easier said than done. :)

I kind of hope the Jags cut ties.  I think he has decent talent and could be a RB1 again in the right situation. I'm sure several teams out there wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

Jags feel like a mess again.  How quick the tides turn. 

I won my league, even with the Fournette mishap. James Conner was my LF replacement.

I outright cut him on Sunday morning last week before the finals game, I didn’t want to see him on my roster. 
😁 👍 Did the same a decade ago with Jamal Lewis. He failed us and we didn't let him get a championship ring in 2008.

As an owner in keeper, I'm failing to come up with a team that would put him in a worse situation than he is now.

Please please PLEASE cut or trade him!

I would love the Colts but maybe you don't wanna send him to a division rival.

Send him to Baltimore, they can run it 70 times per game.

Well they aren't keeping him after this.  Don't see Yeldon staying around, either.  Does Hyde inherit the job?

From a Jags beat writer answering reader comments on article he wrote about Fournette after the game, in case anyone needed further confirmation:

1. Cutting Fournette does not save face. It is worse than trading him because they receive nothing in return. At this point, though, they might not have a choice. Every team is now keenly aware that the Jaguars want to part ways with Fournette, between Coughlin's statement last night and then the AP report about voiding his remaining guarantees. So it's unlikely anyone will give up a pick when they could just wait for him to hit free agency. If they do find a trading partner, it would be for little value. A late-round conditional pick, perhaps.

From a Jags beat writer answering reader comments on article he wrote about Fournette after the game, in case anyone needed further confirmation:

1. Cutting Fournette does not save face. It is worse than trading him because they receive nothing in return. At this point, though, they might not have a choice. Every team is now keenly aware that the Jaguars want to part ways with Fournette, between Coughlin's statement last night and then the AP report about voiding his remaining guarantees. So it's unlikely anyone will give up a pick when they could just wait for him to hit free agency. If they do find a trading partner, it would be for little value. A late-round conditional pick, perhaps.
Tell me again what he did that was so bad?  Yelling at a fan?  Getting into a brawl, really?, looking disinterested on the bench?   Come on, players have done far worse and didn't get cut.  Is this an overreaction by the Jags and Caughlin?   I'm  more concerned about him gaining weight during the season. 

Drafted at 4, the Jags offense ran through him last year. This year, injuries have derailed him. He's done nothing to warrant being cut. This is Tom Caughlin. The Giants getting rid of him was something I wanted as a Giants fan, as Tom seems to be stuck in time, and has no ability to evaluate talent or run a team. Fournette will land on his feet, it's the Jags that are screwed.

Tell me again what he did that was so bad?  Yelling at a fan?  Getting into a brawl, really?, looking disinterested on the bench?   Come on, players have done far worse and didn't get cut.  Is this an overreaction by the Jags and Caughlin?   I'm  more concerned about him gaining weight during the season. 
I don't think he's done anything that bad myself but the Jags feel like he is unreliable, not professional, they feel like he took to long returning from his injury and gained weight while he was not playing.  I think they are overreacting myself.

I think Forunette is one of those ten cent head types.  He's going to stupid himself right out of the league. 
The gambling thing, the brawl, etc. do seem to support this. Got to wonder what is going on behind the scenes to make them remove his guaranteed money clause in his contract as well. On the surface that seems like a pretty ##### move after a single game suspension for fighting.

However, the vice president of an NFL franchise should not be airing dirty laundry in cryptic public statements like a high school teenager. The Jags are back to being a total joke of an organization.

So trade a 4th for him and have him on a cheap contract is worse than getting into a bidding war for him? If anyone thinks he won’t get paid you’re crazy. The injury concerns are real but he’s still a big talent.

This is just a motivational tactic, nothing to see and he’ll be the starter week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's gone.no ploy. he'll be cut.Yeldon too.
Agree, it's not a ploy and they know they won't be resigning Yeldon. This is part of, maybe most of, the reason they did the trade for Hyde.

I think it's  just a matter of cutting Fournette or trading him at this point.

Not to cross topics but I think Antonio Brown and Steelers are also heading for a divorce, but that one should be by trade. Could be one heck of a crazy off season with two players who were first round picks in most fantasy leagues this year changing teams unexpectedly.

Pull out his 90 and 75 yd TD runs from 2017 and his ypc was under 3.3. 

Volume dependent w/a good nose for the end zone  

so essentially he’s LeGarrette Blount with chronic lower body injuries  

Good riddance pal 

I'm as bummed about the DeFillipo hire for Fournette as I was excited about them potentially landing Kubiak.  I can only hope despite the reports they smoothed things over that they still look to deal him.

Good chance they trade or cut him. Anywhere would be better than Jacksonville so things are looking up. I'd be a buyer but only because his price should be lower. 

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said Leonard Fournette is "in a really good place" following a meeting with the running back last week.

"We had a good meeting," Marrone said. "I’m not going to speak for Leonard, but when he left that meeting … I think he’s in a really good place. That’s encouraging and I’m excited about that." Fournette was the subject of criticism by EVP Tom Coughlin following Week 17, leading to some speculation he would be moved this offseason. The running back reportedly "cleared the air" with Coughlin, however, and has now done the same with his head coach. Despite the kumbayas, the two sides still could still have some contentious moments in the next couple months after Fournette filed a formal challenge about the team voiding more than $7 million in guaranteed money in his rookie contract, a move reported by Pro Football Talk.

Source: jaguars.com 

Jan 17 - 9:23 AM

Users who are viewing this thread