What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (1 Viewer)

I was all over this guy last year and even though I still won (lol brag mahomes/tyreek) he killed my team. I don't know if I can do it again this year but I wanted to pass on some info I got from camp. Take it fwiw. 

They are working hard on the screen game every day with Fournette. From what I'm hearing it's been a focal point of the offense in TC. 

I don't blame anybody for passing on him but he still has league winning upside. 

I was all over this guy last year and even though I still won (lol brag mahomes/tyreek) he killed my team. I don't know if I can do it again this year but I wanted to pass on some info I got from camp. Take it fwiw. 

They are working hard on the screen game every day with Fournette. From what I'm hearing it's been a focal point of the offense in TC. 

I don't blame anybody for passing on him but he still has league winning upside. 
Nice info.  Been reading similar rumblings.  Thx...

I asked this question a little over a month ago...

Certainly feels like sentiment on him is getting better in large part because aside fro. The big 3, his volume opportunity may be as good as any RB in the NFL.

I asked this question a little over a month ago...

Certainly feels like sentiment on him is getting better in large part because aside fro. The big 3, his volume opportunity may be as good as any RB in the NFL.
I would say not just volume, but volume with high value: i) Armstead and Blue are not stealing red zone work from Lenny, and ii) now they're folding him into the passing/screen game.  Could be a beast if he stays healthy and low on the flake scale.  I will take him all day at the 2/3 turn (or even mid-third on occasion (!)).

I would say not just volume, but volume with high value: i) Armstead and Blue are not stealing red zone work from Lenny, and ii) now they're folding him into the passing/screen game.  Could be a beast if he stays healthy and low on the flake scale.  I will take him all day at the 2/3 turn (or even mid-third on occasion (!)).
I guess what I would say is if you thought he was a first round pick last year...why wouldn’t you this year?  I was hoping he’d be unreal value by the time draft weekend rolled around.  But folks are wising up.

I guess what I would say is if you thought he was a first round pick last year...why wouldn’t you this year?  I was hoping he’d be unreal value by the time draft weekend rolled around.  But folks are wising up.
You can get him in the third.  I have him on several FFPC teams - all in the early- to mid- third round.  In rare cases late third round.  Pretty good value IMO.

As we get closer to draft I wonder if I’m crazy to look at him at the 12/13 turn?
I would take Cook over him and both should be there at that point. Gurley might even fall and I would take him over both. But if you really want him I don’t think that’s unreasonable. I’m hoping to snag him in the third. He has been falling there in mocks. 

Me too! Planning on taking him late 2nd when I can. Better qb, still bad but better wrs, presumably healthy OL. I’m in.

I would take Cook over him and both should be there at that point. Gurley might even fall and I would take him over both. But if you really want him I don’t think that’s unreasonable. I’m hoping to snag him in the third. He has been falling there in mocks. 
I've been taking him and Kerryon at the turn to add to Saquon.   If he's not there, I take Aaron Jones and/or Freeman.   I think they're all in the same tier.  WR depth this year allows you to stack up stud RBs IMO.  I can take those three and then get Godwin and Jeffrey at 4/5.

Went mid 3rd and late 3rd in the two drafts I have done so far. He has good upside due to the volume he can get, but it feels like the second round is loaded with guys who have equally good upside while seeming like they actually care about playing football. I cannot see picking him in the 2nd unless there have already been something like 15 RB picks, at which point you might as well take a top tier receiver who fell that far. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking on Sirius XM, Leonard Fournette said he dedicated himself to getting in better shape this offseason while also addressing issues in his personal life.

Fournette put an emphasis on eating healthier while also running more than he has in the past. Aside from his physical transformation, the third-year ball-carrier said he has also taken steps to be "in a better place" mentally, avoiding off-field headaches by "getting the bad people out of my life." "I know football is going to take care of itself if I put mind into it and work hard every day," said Fournette in a moment of reflection. "It's really the personal things, just trying to be in a better place." The former LSU standout is hoping to improve on the anemic 3.3 yards per carry he averaged during his sophomore campaign in 2018.

SOURCE: Sirius XM NFL on Twitter

Aug 12, 2019, 10:45 AM ET

Phillip Heilman  @philip_heilman

From essentially the day he arrived, #Jaguars OC John DeFilippo has emphasized how important RB Leonard Fournette is to the success of the team’s offense.

Asked how he plans to balance Fournette seeming to be the team’s best pass-catching option out of the backfield with not asking too much of him, DeFilippo said that will be a learning process. But again, he put big expectations on Fournette’s shoulders.

DeFilippo: “I know Leonard’s goals. Leonard’s goal is to be the best back in this league and unique star players play a lot of football. So, to me, he needs to play and so that’s where we’re at with that.”

He could fall into the end zone 10-12 times this year. Surprisingly good option in PPR, should catch 40+. The rare absolute bell cow.

(don’t mind me, my draft is Sunday & he’s usually the only decent RB at 3.10. just tryna talk myself into it; six days of positive affirmations should be enough.)

He could fall into the end zone 10-12 times this year. Surprisingly good option in PPR, should catch 40+. The rare absolute bell cow.

(don’t mind me, my draft is Sunday & he’s usually the only decent RB at 3.10. just tryna talk myself into it; six days of positive affirmations should be enough.)
I got him at 3.10 in my redraft league. Still felt meh but the win your league upside is there too. 

I bought in this year.  Took him at the turn at 3.1 in my 12 team standard scoring league.  If he can put it all together he will be a steal at that price.  He will get the workload to perform like an elite RB1

if he stays healthy I think it will happen. I like the upgrade to foles.   The defense is still good if not elite.  They remain a run first team.  

I got him at 3.10 in my redraft league. Still felt meh but the win your league upside is there too. 
RBs are flying off the board and there’s a huge gap from RB19 to the Jacobs-Ingram-Carson-Montgomery tier. I find it hilarious Fournette has an ECR of RB15 and consensus ADP of RB16 because I have yet to see him taken there in ~200 mocks. 17 games missed in his last three seasons makes it hard to take him.

Dreaam scenario Sunday would be 3 TEs, 1-2 QBs and more than a handful of WRs go off between 15 and 34. If that happens I could luck into Freeman or Jones. If that happens I’m 90% sure I’ll take Leonard at 4.03 (39th) as my flex. Promise he’ll still be there.

Leonard Fournette rushed seven times for 27 yards in the Jaguars' third preseason game.

It was Fournette's first and only action of the preseason. Encouragingly, he also drew three targets in the passing game, catching two balls for 19 yards. Supposedly in the Best Shape Of His Life™, Fournette remains the cornerstone of the Jaguars' offense despite his disastrous sophomore campaign. If he can finally stay healthy, Fournette will flirt with weekly RB1 value.

Aug 22, 2019, 11:41 PM ET

I had high hopes for a big bounce back year. We all knew the game script wasn't going to favor him week one but now with Foles on IR I feel like he will be facing 8 to 9 man boxes and daring a rookie (albeit impressive coming off the bench) to beat them.  

Thoughts? I have some RBs on my bench I am feeling more comfortable rolling out there this week vs HOU. 

I had high hopes for a big bounce back year. We all knew the game script wasn't going to favor him week one but now with Foles on IR I feel like he will be facing 8 to 9 man boxes and daring a rookie (albeit impressive coming off the bench) to beat them.  

Thoughts? I have some RBs on my bench I am feeling more comfortable rolling out there this week vs HOU. 
My thoughts mirror yours.  Sorry I can't add anything except he was getting looks in the passing game.

Yeah It does appear some daunting matchups  But I wouldn't go sweating the QB position so much just yet  Also, Armstead had only two plays w/ one carry!  I would actually believe Fournette is a great start vs. Hou   Why don't ya post these other options?  But yeah I really like the odds on Minshew   (Showed steady progress on stats)

Yeah It does appear some daunting matchups  But I wouldn't go sweating the QB position so much just yet  Also, Armstead had only two plays w/ one carry!  I would actually believe Fournette is a great start vs. Hou   Why don't ya post these other options?  But yeah I really like the odds on Minshew   (Showed steady progress on stats)
Well didn't want to come off as a WSIS post but since you asked...Ekeler, Kerryon, Duke Johnson, Chris Carson (Spoiled I know we auctioned early). So he would be a flex but even then I paid peanuts for TY Hilton and Tyler Lockett. I feel like it would be hard to start him over almost all of those. 

Well didn't want to come off as a WSIS post but since you asked...Ekeler, Kerryon, Duke Johnson, Chris Carson (Spoiled I know we auctioned early). So he would be a flex but even then I paid peanuts for TY Hilton and Tyler Lockett. I feel like it would be hard to start him over almost all of those. 
Sounds a bit like an overreaction based on just one game   Nice bench tho!

My options are not that good, thus Fournette for me.

He'll have better game scripts, but I wasn't impressed with him with the ball in his hands.....head of steam, run into the back of ur linemen....I dunno, I drank a bit of the off season koolaid, and after one week, I'm a little concerned, bit still slightly optimistic.

He'll have better game scripts, but I wasn't impressed with him with the ball in his hands.....head of steam, run into the back of ur linemen....I dunno, I drank a bit of the off season koolaid, and after one week, I'm a little concerned, bit still slightly optimistic.
I thought he looked good...game script wise, wasn’t favorable but his volume still reached 17 touches (94 yards)...

The issue will be if Minshew can maintain momentum.

Foles loss hurts Fournette's ceiling more than his floor. He is just not going to get the same amount of scoring opportunities. 

I thought he looked good...game script wise, wasn’t favorable but his volume still reached 17 touches (94 yards)...

The issue will be if Minshew can maintain momentum.
Yea I like the volume, but there wasn't much room to run.....I have him in a league that's much more about TD's than yardage, also non-ppr...I still like him in this format, but I wanna see something more

Leonard Fournette rushed 15 times for 47 yards and caught 4-of-6 targets for 40 yards in the Jaguars' Week 2 loss to the Texans.

The Texans game-planned for Fournette after Nick Foles (collarbone) was ruled out for 10-12 weeks. Gardner Minshew was forced to beat them, which he nearly did in the final seconds. Fournette was stuffed on a two-point conversion attempt with 30 seconds left and down by one. His six targets were again impressive and helped at least make Fournette's day not a total waste, but he should have had a long catch and run if not for Minshew badly missing him on a wheel route. Fournette will be an RB2 next week against the Titans.

Users who are viewing this thread