Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Leonard Fournette, Jaguars

21 minutes ago, rockaction said:

How? They were all over him yesterday and his pocket presence was second-to-Brady.

It was that good, and I'm not all atwitter about his persona. He just looks like a pro right now.

I don't have specifics in mind, if that's what you're asking for.

3 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I don't have specifics in mind, if that's what you're asking for.

Thought you might have seen something that others hadn't. They'll get more film on him, I'm sure, but I'm not exactly sure in looking at the stats and where he's throwing the ball that he has a distinct weakness that makes him fallible. Arm strength is a bit of a question, but not to a ridiculous degree. 

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Thought you might have seen something that others hadn't. They'll get more film on him, I'm sure, but I'm not exactly sure in looking at the stats and where he's throwing the ball that he has a distinct weakness that makes him fallible. Arm strength is a bit of a question, but not to a ridiculous degree. 

I've only seen highlights and a drive here and there on RedZone. Just a general fade of the Cinderella story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

Such a weird time for people to try and crap on Fournette. He's going to have some monster games going forward once the TDS start rolling in.

Agree.

I understand wanting to sell high because of the injury and off field issues but this guy is a great talent. He's just been playing on a team without a QB. Now he's got more room with Minshew playing good and Chark making teams defend the entire field.

TDs incoming too. 

Just now, Concept Coop said:

I've only seen highlights and a drive here and there on RedZone. Just a general fade of the Cinderella story.

Sometimes the Cinderella story is the easy narrative and ignores all the will, work, and talent that it took to get there. Scouting is hardly infallible, as you know (I don't need to tell you that). So, that's fine, fade the narrative. What about his play says they'll necessarily get this guy out of the catbird's seat that he's in?

I've watched every snap he's taken now. I'm genuinely not a scout nor expert, but his pocket presence passes my eye test, at least. 

The only thing that hurts him is his lack of a true 2nd gear and breakaway speed. Other than that he's a beast. He's been held back due to injuries and playing on teams that don't have a pass game that opposing defenses even respect. I still think D coordinators are going to live with Minshew beating them. 

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Sometimes the Cinderella story is the easy narrative and ignores all the will, work, and talent that it took to get there. Scouting is hardly infallible, as you know (I don't need to tell you that). So, that's fine, fade the narrative. What about his play says they'll necessarily get this guy out of the catbird's seat that he's in?

I've watched every snap he's taken now. I'm genuinely not a scout nor expert, but his pocket presence passes my eye test, at least. 

He did this in college too.  Kinda came outta nowhere and just won games.  I think the kid has "it".

2 minutes ago, Manster said:

He did this in college too.  Kinda came outta nowhere and just won games.  I think the kid has "it".

It's not like Leach can't coach or doesn't know QB play. Leach is loving this right now, that's for sure.

Then again, a quick Google search found he just melted down recently and called his players "fat and dumb" so there's a bit of the jerk and bluster in him, too. Grain of salt and all. 

26 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I don't disagree, but a general, high-level call is I'd trust myself to make on a QB 4 games in with only TV angles. The kid has looked good and I'm certainly pulling for him - Cinderella is  always a fun story in sports.

Edited by Concept Coop
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I don't disagree, but a general, high-level call is I'd trust myself to make on a QB 4 games in with only TV angles.

If you mean not make a high-level, important call, I agree with you. But in terms of his effectiveness until Week Eleven, we can be reasonably assured -- if one ever could be -- that he's not Rex Grossman.

There's no way Minshew will be as bad as Bortles so I expect Fournette to face, at the very least, slightly less stacked boxes. If Minshew gets better, which he had one of the best QB plays of the year yesterday on his last TD pass, then teams will start asking Fournette to beat them. 

We're not there yet but couple more big TDs to Chark might do it. 

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 4

Excerpt:

5. Leonard Fournette ranks ninth among running backs in fantasy points scored (65.8), one spot ahead of Aaron Jones (63.0). Fournette totals 518 yards and zero touchdowns. Jones totals 270 yards and four touchdowns. If excluding the value of touchdowns, Fournette would rank fourth among running backs in fantasy points scored while Jones would rank 21st.

Among all running backs, Fournette ranks second in snaps (234), second in snap share (91%), second in touch share (90%), fifth in carries (72), and sixth in targets (23). Fournette has gotten a little unlucky in the touchdown department, but his usage paints the picture of a top-five fantasy running back.

Remember, volume is far more important than efficiency when it comes to the success of a fantasy running back. Fournette was due for an efficiency regression (he came into the week ranking worst of 28 running backs in yards per carry since Week 1 of 2018) and bounced back in a big way (225 yards on 29 carries). Just like with yards per carry, we should expect Fournette to regress closer to the mean in terms of touchdowns (he ranked sixth in touchdowns per game 2017-2018). If the buy-low window hasn’t fully closed after a big Week 4, now may be the last time to pounce.

• Like 1

Better strategy than selling him might just bento p/u armstead as a handcuff.  Looks like the jags have a run Game 

He's 7 yards behind McCaffrey for the rushing yards lead........he's got a legit shot at leading the league in rushing yards this year if he doesnt get hurt........I'm not trading him for anybody. 

4 hours ago, Milkman said:

He's 7 yards behind McCaffrey for the rushing yards lead........he's got a legit shot at leading the league in rushing yards this year if he doesnt get hurt........I'm not trading him for anybody. 

Not even for McCaffrey if you were offered?

What about for Goedert?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

4 hours ago, Milkman said:

On 9/29/2019 at 6:45 PM, unckeyherb said:

BEAST

On 9/29/2019 at 9:53 PM, Milkman said:

Talent has never been the question for Fournette with me at least. He just needed a little help from his OL. If he stays healthy he should be in for a big year. 

On 9/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, jm192 said:

Was hoping to get him on the cheap in a few leagues, but this ruined that.  If owners come out looking to sell high, I'd be interested in striking a deal.  

On 9/30/2019 at 12:36 AM, mrfrood said:

Just bench him next game and we will benefit by having him in our lineups. This is a different year. Each game he is scoring more points. All that talk about him getting in shape and getting his life in order were for real. 

On 9/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, Weebs210 said:

Such a weird time for people to try and crap on Fournette. He's going to have some monster games going forward once the TDS start rolling in.

Well good luck guys. I am not hopping back on board this train.

--Signed Fournette's former #1 fan who has watched basically every carry of his pro and college career.

I am using this game to sell him in the two leagues I still have him.

38 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

--Signed Fournette's former #1 fan who has watched basically every carry of his pro and college career.

Who u selling him for?

4 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Sold him last night for Hopkins (I had to include Jeffery as well, and got back 36% FAAB)

On 9/30/2019 at 2:03 PM, rockaction said:

He’s short and has a weak arm - it’s possible teams can figure out how to slow him down. I’m not saying they necessarily but it’s not far fetched that a guy comes out of nowhere puts up some good games and then regresses over the course of the season.

I’m hoping that’s not the case because for the first time in a long time the Jags are fun to watch.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 2:18 PM, Nucker101 said:

The only thing that hurts him is his lack of a true 2nd gear and breakaway speed. Other than that he's a beast. He's been held back due to injuries and playing on teams that don't have a pass game that opposing defenses even respect. I still think D coordinators are going to live with Minshew beating them. 

Fournette does not lack breakaway speed. That’s his best attribute size/speed combo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deamon said:

Not even for McCaffrey if you were offered?

What about for Goedert?

Nope. Good luck. 

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Curiously...are you still down on him?  I would have thought Sunday would have brought vindication to some extent.  Your sentiment above is different.

Edited by TheDirtyWord

On 10/2/2019 at 3:52 AM, tricky92 said:

Sold him last night for Hopkins (I had to include Jeffery as well, and got back 36% FAAB)

Wow, I'd take that every day of the week!

On 10/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, Milkman said:

Very doubtful.  He doesn't get to play Denver every week.  Outside of that game his numbers are very meh.  Was offered him and Wentz for Kamara and Brees.  Easy and quick reject.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, Shawnky said:

Very doubtful.  He doesn't get to play Denver every week.  Outside of that game his numbers are very meh.  Was offered him and Wentz for Kamara and Brees.  Easy and quick reject.

That is an easy reject, but I expect Fournette to feast today.  Carolina has been a little soft against the run.

Another big week.  20+ rushes, 4 receptions and a score.  He is a rare three down back.  Loving it.  

Leonard Fournette rushed 19 times for 76 yards in the Jaguars' Week 8 win over the Jets, adding seven receptions for 60 additional yards.

Fournette has now cleared 118 yards from scrimmage in five consecutive games, though his inability to find the end zone has become almost farcical. He appeared to bust a 75-yard touchdown on the Jags' second play from scrimmage, but as is often the case with Fournette, he got chased down from behind. In the fourth quarter, Fournette appeared to finally have a one-yard scoring plunge, but a quick-whistled ref ruled that his forward progress had already been stopped. He lost seven yards on the next play. It's immensely frustrating, but the scores are going to come with this usage. The Texans are a soft Week 9 matchup.

Oct 27, 2019, 5:24 PM ET

Eliot Crist @EliotCrist

Leonard Fournette now has 198 touches and one touchdown. That's hard to do.

The lack of touchdowns is a little frustrating but also comical since the RB is racking up yards and is healthy.   I'm not going to complain.   The TDs will come.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

The lack of touchdowns is a little frustrating but also comical since the RB is racking up yards and is healthy.   I'm not going to complain.   The TDs will come.  

Sounds like it's time to BUY! 

9 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

He has gotten chased down twice on very long runs. lol

He has also gotten stoned multiple times at the GL. 

I keep thinking the TDs will come, but will they? I hope.

Leonard Fournette had 11 carries for 40 yards and caught 5-of-6 targets for 32 yards in Week 9 against the Texans.

Fournette had nowhere to run despite facing a Texans defensive line that was without J.J. Watt. He was gamescripted in the second half with the Jaguars going run heavy, but managed to stay involved with five catches. Fournette had been on a hot streak with over 100 total yards in five straight games. He'll have a rebound spot against the Colts after a Week 10 bye.

Nov 3, 2019, 1:09 PM ET

Leonard Fournette rushed eight times for 23 yards in Week 11 against the Colts.

Fournette fell victim to gamescript, with Jacksonville throwing it 47 times. He saved his day in the pass game, catching all seven of his targets for 34 yards. It's the second straight week Fournette has been held under 50 rushing yards. Fournette has started to cool off after a fast start. He hasn't scored a touchdown since Week 5.

Edited by The Frankman

1 TD all year.

How does your best player have 1 TD on the year. Maybe not feeding him is why you are losing. 

It truly amazes me how coaches just dont feed their best players. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 5:41 PM, tackle for loss said:

1 TD all year.

How does your best player have 1 TD on the year. Maybe not feeding him is why you are losing. 

Chark has 8 TD I think.

On 11/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, tackle for loss said:

1 TD all year.

I don't think it's a lack of feeding.

Fournette is on pace for 366 touches this year.

In the redzone the Jags have run 40 times compared to 18 passes.  Fournette in the redzone has 35 carries for 44 yards with 1 TD.

Fournette has 17 carries from inside the 10.  For 4 yards.

Honestly reality is probably closer to the exact opposite of what you're talking about here.  They are losing because when they get inside the 20 everyone knows the ball is going to Fournette and it gets stuffed every time.

He is getting fed plenty.  Almost comically so.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

Fournette ran for over 100 yards when he was fed more than 20 times and has ran more than 20 times only 3 times this year. They won 2 of those 3 games. Feeding him is the path to winning.

Edited by tackle for loss
  • Laughing 1

24 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Fournette ran for over 100 yards when he was fed more than 20 times and has ran more than 20 times only 3 times this year. They won 2 of those 3 games. Feeding him is the path to winning.

chicken or the egg?

Maybe the were able to run him 20 times BECAUSE they were winning?  Maybe winning is the path to feeding him?

1 hour ago, tackle for loss said:

It seems pretty obvious that those wins have to less to do with an arbitrary carry number and more to do with the 3-17 combined record of those two opponents.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with your assertion that Fournette's lack of TDs is because he's not being "fed".  The guy is going to finish top 3 in the NFL in touches and top 3 in the NFL in redzone touches while currently pacing dead last in redzone efficiency.  I'm not sure what kind of spin could possibly be put on that to say that the lack of touchdowns are due to a lack of touches.

I'm sure the touchdowns will regress positively at some point.  Probably when they do they opposite and stop predictably doing nothing but "feeding him" down there when everyone knows it's coming.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

Leonard Fournette contributed 97 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries while adding nine grabs for 62 yards on 12 targets Sunday in Jacksonville’s Week 12 loss to the Titans.

Fournette had a hand in just about everything the Jags did on Sunday, flooding the box score with 159 yards from scrimmage, a feat he accomplished on a career-high 33 touches. He obliterated his previous career-best of eight targets, settling in as Nick Foles' go-to target down the stretch. Beyond his absurd usage, Fournette got another monkey off his back by punching in a pair of touchdowns (each of the goal-line variety), doubling his season total while also spelling the end of a five-game scoreless drought. Jacksonville has trailed often this year but negative game-script seems not to faze Fournette, who is on the cusp of his second 1,000-yard rushing season. He can reach that milestone when the Bucs visit in Week 13.

I gotta say Fournette is BACK this year. Finally getting incorporated in the pass game.

Edited by The Frankman

Looking forward to watching this game on replay. Massive performance by Fournette. A steal in the third round.

Leonard Fournette rushed 14 times for 38 yards and caught 9-of-11 targets for 53 yards in the Jaguars' Week 13 loss to the Bucs.

Solid PPR day for Fournette, but he could have had a much bigger afternoon if he could have capitalized on a pair of goal-line opportunities. On first-and-goal in the fourth quarter, Fournette was stuffed for a loss of one and then saw a pass fall incomplete that was intended for him on second down. Other than that, Fournette didn't sniff the end zone. He'll try to bounce back next week at home against the Chargers.

Edited by The Frankman

Leonard Fournette rushed 15 times for 50 yards in the Jaguars' Week 14 loss to the Chargers, adding three receptions for 13 additional yards.

Fournette had numerous tackle-breaking runs, but never quite managed to get loose for a big chunk gain. It marked just the fifth time all season that he finished with fewer than 20 touches. The good news is Fournette still received a fantasy-friendly six targets, and Week 15’s matchup against the Raiders could provide fantasy managers with a boom week. Continue to fire up the Jaguars’ three-down back as a high-end RB1.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:24 PM ET

I don't think he had any touches in the 4th due to how much they were losing by.  Armstead was in most plays I saw.