Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Leonard Fournette, Jaguars

Leonard Fournette rushed 15 times for 50 yards in the Jaguars' Week 14 loss to the Chargers, adding three receptions for 13 additional yards.

Fournette had numerous tackle-breaking runs, but never quite managed to get loose for a big chunk gain. It marked just the fifth time all season that he finished with fewer than 20 touches. The good news is Fournette still received a fantasy-friendly six targets, and Week 15’s matchup against the Raiders could provide fantasy managers with a boom week. Continue to fire up the Jaguars’ three-down back as a high-end RB1.

Edited by The Frankman

How is this guy ranked so high week after week? He’s done nothing for three weeks now especially in standard. He’s projected as the 8th best RB this week. That’s number one status. I think I’m sitting him AJ Brown (have Mixon and Henry). Anyone else puzzled by this?

The Jaguars flat out suck and I expect Atlanta to pummel them. I don’t see how you play this guy if you have a decent option. PPR I understand more but like I said, my league is standard.

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine

2 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

How is this guy ranked so high week after week? He’s done nothing for three weeks now especially in standard. He’s projected as the 8th best RB this week. That’s number one status. I think I’m sitting him AJ Brown (have Mixon and Henry). Anyone else puzzled by this?

The Jaguars flat out suck and I expect Atlanta to pummel them. I don’t see how you play this guy if you have a decent option. PPR I understand more but like I said, my league is standard.

I am with you and not sure what to do with him this week

There seems to be a healthy amount of "lag" in his projections, as though what was expected several weeks ago is still influencing what we expect this week.

He will be good when the Jags get a QB who knows how to check down more. For all the catches he has, he could have had many many more and should have.

These young QBs always look awful over time and you realize part of it is because they want to be heroes not smart QBs. 

15 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I have thought this for weeks too but he continues to be my RB2 every week due to volume and lack of better options.    

Everywhere I look he’s ranked top 6. I have him in standard and was going to sit him for Henry. No choice now unless I grab Dion Lewis. Standard scoring. Anyone feel he actually does something today or will it he get his customary 67 yards total?

Leonard Fournette rushed 15 times for 71 yards in the Jaguars' Week 16 loss to the Falcons, adding three receptions for 34 additional yards.

It was the first time in four games Fournette reached 100 yards from scrimmage. He still failed to score for the 13th time in 15 2019 appearances, which is inconceivable for a running back with Fournette's weekly workload. The Jags had a 1st-and-goal from the Falcons' five-yard line late in the game, but they opted for four passes. Fournette will be a low-end, workload-based RB1 vs. the Colts in next week's finale.

Edited by The Frankman

Leonard Fournette (neck) is questionable for the Jaguars' Week 17 matchup against the Colts.

The Jaguars have continued to feed Fournette a massive workload despite being eliminated from the playoffs, but he popped up on the injury report with a neck injury this week and could perhaps lose snaps due to the issue. Ryquell Armstead would likely handle plenty of work in Fournette's absence. The more appealing side of this game to target in DFS is with Marlon Mack ($6,900 on DraftKings), although the Colts seem inclined to somewhat limit his touches and could be without difference-making stalwart Quenton Nelson (concussion).

SOURCE: Jaguars on Twitter

Dec 27, 2019, 1:34 PM ET

Leonard Fournette (illness, neck) has been downgraded to doubtful for Week 17 against the Colts.

Fournette was listed as questionable with a neck injury, but it sounds like the illness is what's going to keep him out. The likely absence puts Ryquell Armstead in line to start and handle the majority of carries. Armstead is a plug-and-play RB3 in a tough matchup with the Colts top-10 run defense. The Jaguars should go more pass heavy with Fournette out, with DJ Chark and Dede Westbrook getting an uptick in targets.

SOURCE: Hays Carlyon on Twitter

Dec 28, 2019, 11:57 AM ET

• Thanks 1