What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Calling all Sneakerheads, The Thread*** (1 Viewer)

ShamrockPride

Footballguy
For all the Jordan/Nike/Adidas/Yeezy/etc collectors out there. I did some searching and couldn't find a thread for this, so hopefully there are some people here who follow this stuff.

Feel free to discuss the recent and upcoming releases and your collections, wish lists, stories, and whatever else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Space Jams XI 2016 release today - trying to lock a few pairs down for my little boys (and myself).
Got em, snagged some for my boys too. Possibly the coolest kicks ever made, brings back memories. He wore these during the 72 win championship season and in the highest grossing basketball movie ever, where the name comes from. 

I'm sure a good majority of this board wears Asics and New Balance and has no clue wtf I'm even saying.

Anyone else appreciate these? 

So jelly of you guys that live right in a city. You guys get all the dope releases right in store. Spending 2k on resale Yeezys is like my only choice if I want some.

@fantasycurse42, how you snag em? You didn't wait in a line did you?

Meh, I just don't like anything Yeezy related, already disliked him, but marrying a Kardashian sealed his fate for me. I stick mainly to Jordans/Air Max/Fly Knits. @ShamrockPride You could get most new releases online at 10am on Saturdays, some like today are much harder than others, I haven't waited in a line since my mid-20's, I'm too old for that ####, let the 15 year old kids who want to buy and sell them for a $150 profit do that ####, I buy them bc I like them. Today I had 2 laptops, 2 tablets, and 2 smartphones all refreshing starting at 955am to make sure I could get a pair into my cart. I've got superfast internet which is also important for using the online approach.

@Leeroy Jenkins I wear them casually, however I have a #### ton of unworn sneakers stashed at my mom's house - I just don't have the space in my house for them, got them wrapped almost air tight so they stay fresh. I've always loved sneakers, about a decade ago I started buying two pairs when something I like came out, and stashing one away - All seriousness, I prob have 50 pairs unworn stashed away. Keeping them fresh, maybe my sons will like them when they get older, retro is always cool. The craziest part is, just about every pair I've boughten is prob worth at least double of what I bought it for, so beyond enjoying it, it could be profitable, for me it isn't the money - I just like the sneakers. 

Got em, snagged some for my boys too. Possibly the coolest kicks ever made, brings back memories. He wore these during the 72 win championship season and in the highest grossing basketball movie ever, where the name comes from. 

I'm sure a good majority of this board wears Asics and New Balance and has no clue wtf I'm even saying.

11's are nice (prefer white with black patent), but my favorite are the 3's (prefer white white/black with light elephant print)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xqb3ZVpA2vk/maxresdefault.jpg

I wear mine casually....jeans & hoody 

So now you're out another $700?

:lmao:  Holy s### what are these?! Not knocking them, these are kinda cool. Just need time to warm up to them. Is this sneaker culture across the pond? High taste here.
:lmao:  Museum collection. Rocking a pair right now. Thanks for the compliment, mang.  May your sneakers be as dope as mine (jk, man, I'm sure they are)

My parents bought me the original Air Jordan 1 (white, red, black) when they came out while I was in high school. I also had the 3s and a few others along the way. I still have a couple newer Jordan models in my closet in boxes along with some Air maxes or whatever. Not a big collector of shoes once I had kids and I can't pull that look off at age 47.  Matter of fact, I am rocking Walmart brand $19.00 shoes right now.

I have collected sports cards for almost 30 years and in like 1994 I needed some cash to buy some new cards, so I sold my Jordan 1 and 3 (both were in box  but worn) for $100.00 to this Japanese reseller who had set up in this strip mall and was buying jeans and shoes. I got a couple really pricey Jordan cards that I still have, but I still regret selling those shoes to this day.

pollardsvision said:
I had to google it about a year or so ago while reading the AR thread. They look like little sweaters sewn on top of sneaker soles. They are some rapper's shoes, and from what I gather, they are real panty droppers.
They sure do drop undergarments, but probably not the ones you're hoping for.

Revitalizing this thread for 2019. Maybe I can draw some youngbloods in for the forums with this thread.

And what better way than to announce to everyone that I took my first L of the year on the Nike rerelease of the Fear of Gods. Went for $350, and StockX aftermarkets already going for an average around $725.

Nike raffles are a joke yes I am bitter.....

Didn’t grab that much this year.

White Cement 3’s, Concord 11’s

Picking up the Adapt BB next month.

Debating Black foamposites with the gold trim.

Didn’t grab that much this year.

White Cement 3’s, Concord 11’s

Picking up the Adapt BB next month.

Debating Black foamposites with the gold trim.
The cements are smooth as hell. They just released triple black foamposites yesterday too.

I haven't read much about the Adapt technology. How those work, they like battery powered lol?

The cements are smooth as hell. They just released triple black foamposites yesterday too.

I haven't read much about the Adapt technology. How those work, they like battery powered lol?
Think the first few iterations will be a disaster. 

I’m just buying to store away, think it’ll be worth keeping version 1.0 in my collection.

Air Jordan XXXIII All-Star dropping today.

These had to grow on me. I really kinda dig the space gimmick of em now. That metallic upper is awesome to look at.

May be a future cop for me. All sizes still available online right now, so price will probably come down at some point. Buying at retail is a loser's game.

Oh man, 2-for-2 between yesterday and today. Picked up the Turbo Green Jordan 1 Retros.

Took over a half hour sitting in queue to grab. I personally think they're overhyped, people going bonkers for them online like they the drop of the year. Still not sure if I'll resell or not, gonna wait to see what they look like in person first. But at the least they selling well online right now if I don't like em. Would be able to make some profit at least.

Gonna try and hit the trifecta tomorrow with the Jordan 6 Black Infrared.

I still have a few pair that I probably should sell off as I think paying more than $80-$130 for shoes is dumb but I don’t have FC42’s disposable income. 

Off the top of my head I still have:

Couple pair of Jordan’s,

Ewing Georgetown edition 

Rasheed Wallace AF1

Darryl Dawkins chocolate thunder ponys

Rebok pumps 

and a few more I have stuffed away someplace. 

Completed the trifecta this morning and grabbed the Infrareds. Few things more American than waking up on a Saturday morning for a Jordan release. Busy weekend for kicks, but I think I'm done for a while lol.

Oh man, 2-for-2 between yesterday and today. Picked up the Turbo Green Jordan 1 Retros.

Took over a half hour sitting in queue to grab. I personally think they're overhyped, people going bonkers for them online like they the drop of the year. Still not sure if I'll resell or not, gonna wait to see what they look like in person first. But at the least they selling well online right now if I don't like em. Would be able to make some profit at least.

Gonna try and hit the trifecta tomorrow with the Jordan 6 Black Infrared.
Definitely had the 6 black originally.  Crazy I threw them all out originally

Completed the trifecta this morning and grabbed the Infrareds. Few things more American than waking up on a Saturday morning for a Jordan release. Busy weekend for kicks, but I think I'm done for a while lol.
Yeah, I spent too much on shoes this week. Got the Social Status 6s, then doubled up on the Infrareds. At the mall yesterday walked in to Foot Action and lucky for me they had the Turbo Green 1s in my size.

Un####ingbelievable!!!!

I was on the Nike app, all payment info saved, one click to order, ordered the Adapt BB's at 10:00:01am and I didn't get a ####### pair... It's such ####### bull####!

Un####ingbelievable!!!!

I was on the Nike app, all payment info saved, one click to order, ordered the Adapt BB's at 10:00:01am and I didn't get a ####### pair... It's such ####### bull####!
Yeah I meant to tag you, I knew you had your eyes on the BBs.

You mean the SNKRs app? I'm yet to catch a W with that app dude. It's some kinda trash. Caters to the resellers based on "activity level".

I'll pay up to $450 on ebay for these. Some 16 year old idiot who needs the money to cover his CC payment bc he can't actually afford them, to make $50. After he leaves me feedback on ebay, I'll trash him for the dbag he is with bad feedback. Idiot is too dumb to see the big picture. I'm wrapping in saran wrap, sticking in the closet for 20 years, and selling for $10k in like 20 years.

Yeah, I spent too much on shoes this week. Got the Social Status 6s, then doubled up on the Infrareds. At the mall yesterday walked in to Foot Action and lucky for me they had the Turbo Green 1s in my size.
Yeahhh man those Social Statuses are damn nice. I saw them morning of the drop and was like "hmm, nah." Grew real quick on me. By the time the afternoon came around, I regretted sitting on em.

I'm just glad the Adidas Boost craze has died down b/c they're easily the most comfortable shoe on the market.  Never one to pay resale and now I find I can often get them at cost or below.  Haven't worn Nikes in a minute. 

I'm just glad the Adidas Boost craze has died down b/c they're easily the most comfortable shoe on the market.  Never one to pay resale and now I find I can often get them at cost or below.  Haven't worn Nikes in a minute. 
Yeah I've heard the same thing for a while. Been on my to do list to pick one up just to see how they really are.

fantasycurse42 said:
I'll pay up to $450 on ebay for these. Some 16 year old idiot who needs the money to cover his CC payment bc he can't actually afford them, to make $50. After he leaves me feedback on ebay, I'll trash him for the dbag he is with bad feedback. Idiot is too dumb to see the big picture. I'm wrapping in saran wrap, sticking in the closet for 20 years, and selling for $10k in like 20 years.
Seems mean

Seems mean
I wanted to buy a pair, to house in my collection. A bunch of ########s bought them to sell them to people like me. As a collector, sneaker resellers really annoy me. 

I wouldn’t be as upset about it if I was unprepared.

I set a calendar reminder weeks ago so I’d be prepared. Was ready to buy my one pair, for me, to keep for a long time (####, maybe I would’ve even worn them, who knows). I clicked a one click buy button one second after the clock turned 10 and didn’t get them. It’s frustrating, especially when half the eBay listings are pictures of people screenshotting their “got ‘em” pictures. 

WTF Nike?

I wanted to buy a pair, to house in my collection. A bunch of ########s bought them to sell them to people like me. As a collector, sneaker resellers really annoy me. 

I set a calendar reminder weeks ago so I’d be prepared. Was ready to buy my one pair, for me, to keep for a long time (####, maybe I would’ve even worn them, who knows). I clicked a one click buy button one second after the clock turned 10 and didn’t get them. It’s frustrating, especially when half the eBay listings are pictures of people screenshotting their “got ‘em” pictures. 

WTF Nike?
I agree that bots suck but you yourself want scarcity in this specific shoe. If every single person that wanted it could easily buy it, then wrapping it in saran wrap for twenty years would maybe get you your money back.

The guys that post pics of twenty pairs piss me off but I can't get mad at someone selling their shoes for market value. Taking Ls is a part of the game.

Went a little overboard the past couple weeks. Bought the Jordan 6 Tinkers that were released in October (Finishline has them on sale for $150), Shox R4 triple black, and yesterday got 3 pairs of the infrared 6’s. 

I think I’m done buying sneakers for a while. 

I agree that bots suck but you yourself want scarcity in this specific shoe. If every single person that wanted it could easily buy it, then wrapping it in saran wrap for twenty years would maybe get you your money back.

The guys that post pics of twenty pairs piss me off but I can't get mad at someone selling their shoes for market value. Taking Ls is a part of the game.
I honestly don’t know what I’ll do with them, I have tons of unworn sneakers.

Honestly, in like 10-12 years, if my sons have the same size feet as me, being that I’ve kept them all Saran wrapped, they should be wearable, and I wouldn’t mind passing some on.

Paging @Patoons who knows more about these sneakers and the sneaker market than anyone.  Guy is a big time collector and reseller, he's got a stockroom that rivals your local Foot Locker.

WTF Nike?
Don’t you work in the markets??  And you’re hating the player?  C’mon, man.   

Users who are viewing this thread