What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings 2015 (1 Viewer)

Here is what I like so far, but take it for what its worth. I have been more of a causal player who generally breaks about even.

Top WR is Julio at 9300, but Dez at 8700 seem like the better choice to me

Jamaal is the top RB at 7900. but I prefer Jeremy Hill at 7100 against the Raiders

If Doug Martin gets the start, I love him at 4500, but if its a split or Sims is the lead back, I would pass.

Gronk not on the list since he is the Thursday game, but Jordan Cameron is 3800... a full 1800 less than Graham, who is the top TE. I love this value against a Redskins defense that has had trouble against the TE in the past.

Romo is 7300, 1300 below the top QB (ARod). I really like the Romo/Dez stack in a GPP. Might even throw in a double stack to include Williams for just 4000.

Not too deep on the thoughts yet, but this is what jumped out right away at me.

Uh, draftkings is better than fanduel. One main reason is draftkings counts defensive touchdowns, fanduel doesnt.

P Park Pimps said:
Whats better than draft kings and why?
Yahoo... since they are brand new they are obviously going to be the leader in the industry now. Duh.

Seriously though I filled out a draftkings lineup because, well because I can. I'm anxious for the season to start.

So many newer players I see. There are people who live and breathe DFS. They know the industry inside out. Going to be tough for newer players unless they know where to research and have certain resources.

Any one that you can win consistently in is good. If that is Draftkings, then DK is good for you. I prefer FD because the interface to me is crisper and easier to manage lineups.

P Park Pimps said:
Whats better than draft kings and why?
Yahoo... since they are brand new they are obviously going to be the leader in the industry now. Duh.Seriously though I filled out a draftkings lineup because, well because I can. I'm anxious for the season to start.
Cant tell if you're being serious.
First half sarcasm, second half serious. I play on both Draftkings and Fanduel though and the only negative or difference is the Kicker slot. Not much else if anything at all

Draftkings is garbage
Real quick before we start down this path. This forum is going to be for real discussion. If you think something is garbage, state exactly why and have a real discussion. If you don't want to operate like that, please find another board. Thanks.

J

So many newer players I see. There are people who live and breathe DFS. They know the industry inside out. Going to be tough for newer players unless they know where to research and have certain resources.
What do you think all these websites are for?

Using "new" like it's a condescending sentiment about a 2-3 year old hobby...

I just noticed there is an additional prize pool for the week one 10M Millionaire Maker if you play in a League Manager league on the four letter site. I figure if I am going to throw a lottery ticket out there, I might as well take another free chance at more money.

So, I created a league in the hopes that some of us FBG who are in the tourney already would like to take a stab at the extra million. PM me if you are interested in joining. It is a 10 team league PPR, but really, that doesn't even matter. This is simply a lottery ticket for free.

The explanation and rules can be found here: https://www.draftkings.com/lp/espn-dk-millmaker

Any takers?

Here is what I like so far, but take it for what its worth. I have been more of a causal player who generally breaks about even.

Top WR is Julio at 9300, but Dez at 8700 seem like the better choice to me

Jamaal is the top RB at 7900. but I prefer Jeremy Hill at 7100 against the Raiders

If Doug Martin gets the start, I love him at 4500, but if its a split or Sims is the lead back, I would pass.

Gronk not on the list since he is the Thursday game, but Jordan Cameron is 3800... a full 1800 less than Graham, who is the top TE. I love this value against a Redskins defense that has had trouble against the TE in the past.

Romo is 7300, 1300 below the top QB (ARod). I really like the Romo/Dez stack in a GPP. Might even throw in a double stack to include Williams for just 4000.

Not too deep on the thoughts yet, but this is what jumped out right away at me.
a few additions:

Charles Johnson (4900) v SF is a bargain. Niner 2ndary is soft. a stack with TeddyB (6600) could be a nice play in GPP.

Benjamin (7100) is a strong WR1 with good QB.

Royal (3900) is a fantastic punt with White having surgery. got a feeling he'll see large ownership. Hurns could be another punt option at 4000.

if VD is healthy and in the right mindset, he's got serious value at 3100.

No it's not.

This is such an arrogant and immature statement

I was displeased with DraftKings the last 24 hours. I do understand some of the onus is on me. I was annoyed neither RB that actually played in the game for the Bills was available and then I got home "last minute" and gave my lineup a quick once over before putting dinner on. Once cooking I checked in again and at 7:03p.m. the news for Robert Woods was he wouldn't be playing tonight. I hate their use of the word wouldn't three minutes late as 7pm was start time.

At this point, I know I should have checked a source I know and trust and probably hit twitter. I was gone much of the day and out of the news loop.

Still, for about a year now, I regularly fall for (any, not just draft kings) DFS site being lax on the news coverage. Honestly I'd rather they just skip it and link to KFFL or somesuch.

I do not like the last minute sub junk but if those are the rules they're the rules and time and time again last year when Joe B sent a late scratch "headsup" email, the DFS site didn't mention it. If you're a zillion dollar company and it's all over twitter...cmon now.

So there's some adjustments I have to make and I imagine they all take pride in their product and discuss getting more current news and adjust themselves. I find the DFS industry to be extremely open minded and constructive and thus rather enjoyable.

I am a big fan of draftkings and fanduel. I don't put this out there to whine N moan. With the constructive nature, maybe someone sees it and it gets discussed.

I was displeased with DraftKings the last 24 hours. I do understand some of the onus is on me. I was annoyed neither RB that actually played in the game for the Bills was available and then I got home "last minute" and gave my lineup a quick once over before putting dinner on. Once cooking I checked in again and at 7:03p.m. the news for Robert Woods was he wouldn't be playing tonight. I hate their use of the word wouldn't three minutes late as 7pm was start time.

At this point, I know I should have checked a source I know and trust and probably hit twitter. I was gone much of the day and out of the news loop.

Still, for about a year now, I regularly fall for (any, not just draft kings) DFS site being lax on the news coverage. Honestly I'd rather they just skip it and link to KFFL or somesuch.

I do not like the last minute sub junk but if those are the rules they're the rules and time and time again last year when Joe B sent a late scratch "headsup" email, the DFS site didn't mention it. If you're a zillion dollar company and it's all over twitter...cmon now.

So there's some adjustments I have to make and I imagine they all take pride in their product and discuss getting more current news and adjust themselves. I find the DFS industry to be extremely open minded and constructive and thus rather enjoyable.

I am a big fan of draftkings and fanduel. I don't put this out there to whine N moan. With the constructive nature, maybe someone sees it and it gets discussed.
Disagree completely. DraftKings' job is to host the games, not inform the players. It is up to the players to look into injury reports and stuff of that nature. They are nice enough to put up the news blurbs on the player cards, but you should not be relying on those as your sole source of info.

Disagree completely. DraftKings' job is to host the games, not inform the players. It is up to the players to look into injury reports and stuff of that nature. They are nice enough to put up the news blurbs on the player cards, but you should not be relying on those as your sole source of info.
That's fine, interesting. Why do you disagree on the Bills RBs?

Some tournament value plays I like so far for Week 1:

Stacks

- Palmer ($6500) and Brown ($4500)

- Cutler ($6300) and Royal ($3900)

RBs

- Brandon Bolden ($3000)

- Chris Ivory ($4100)

- Danny Woodhead ($3700)

TEs

- Tyler Eifert ($3500)

- Scott Chandler ($2900)

- Brent Celek ($2500)

Chandler I was debating but we know the Pat's have 2 TE packages for the passing game (not saying Chandler is the same athlete as Hernandez). And Chandler has shown in Buffalo that he is at least capable of running routes and catching the ball. Plus, it's very likely that you'll be one of very few with him on your team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some tournament value plays I like so far for Week 1:

Stacks

- Palmer ($6500) and Brown ($4500)

- Cutler ($6300) and Royal ($3900)

RBs

- Brandon Bolden ($3000)

- Chris Ivory ($4100)

- Danny Woodhead ($3700)

TEs

- Tyler Eifert ($3500)

- Scott Chandler ($2900)

- Brent Celek ($2500)

Chandler I was debating but we know the Pat's have 2 TE packages for the passing game (not saying Chandler is the same athlete as Hernandez). And Chandler has shown in Buffalo that he is at least capable of running routes and catching the ball. Plus, it's very likely that you'll be one of very few with him on your team.
I like the Chandler logic, and I do have him on my only Thurs start team. 2900 is a nice price point, and only takes a few catches and a TD for good value. Against that Pit D and TB back throwing the ball, I like that game to have a lot of points on both sides. Definitely not a game I would fade completely.

Of your RBs, I like Woodhead the best for value. I think he gets more attention early in the season until Gordon figures it all out + with no Gates and Royal gone, I think we may see him in the slot some as well.

Cutler and Royal is a good stack, but if you are going to use the low price options other places, I really like the Bradford/Matthews/Agholor stack on Monday night. Don't have the prices right off my head, but with other value plays, I was able to make it work.

Bradford is 6900

Matthews is 7200

Agholor is 5700

I have them on some entries but I figured they are likely to be on a lot of teams and they're a bit more expensive. But yeah they're a pretty good stack.

If stacking Cutler you can also go Cutler/Royal/Bennett. I will be throwing out a Winston/V Jax stack in a GPP or 2.

Among cheap RBs Im pretty high on Ivory and Woodhead also looks interesting.

I think Celek is potential real value cheap TE but I don't think I will be going cheap TE this week.

Users who are viewing this thread