What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wow, just accepted a trade that caused 3 teams to threaten to quit if (1 Viewer)

Flash

Footballguy
i'm 7-8 he's 9-6 and the #5 seed

I'm outside the playoffs but with a good run, might be able to squeek in.

I decided to punt all offensive categories and go with pitching (TIebreaker is WHIP)

I traded Goldy for Perkins to boost my saves, and have LeMahieu out there for Rosenthal

Owners are losing their minds. No keeper league, so no ramifications for next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Punt offense :lmao:

2. Trade the #2 player for a closer

3. A bunch of closers just got traded at the trade deadline meaning a bunch of new closers are available in free agency

1. Punt offense :lmao:

2. Trade the #2 player for a closer

3. A bunch of closers just got traded at the trade deadline meaning a bunch of new closers are available in free agency
1. Yup. Win all 6 pitching categories each week, equals a win Try to keep up.

2. See #1

3. Thanks for info...... :loco:

Sometimes I think that the age of Twitter and podcasts has made it next to impossible to have any real edge in fantasy sports any more and that it's mostly just luck now, the days of steady profits all but gone.

Then I see a thread like this and I realize, nah. Still good.

Plan goes in the crapper when a guy gets lit up no?
Chance I'm willing to take. It's a week of games, not just one.

I have Betances, Chapman, Grenke, Rondon, Buehrle, Anderson, Sanchez among others who have me winning 4-5 cats every week.

Saves being my weak point.

Why not trade Goldschmidt for Perkins and the guy's 1B?

I think punting in H2H is typically a bad idea, much moreso if it's an entire side of the ledger. Even if you're 40% to win each offensive categories, that's something! And nobody's pitching is ever a lock to win.

I don't want to pile on, but no reasonable league would allow something like this.

Why not trade Goldschmidt for Perkins and the guy's 1B?

I think punting in H2H is typically a bad idea, much moreso if it's an entire side of the ledger. Even if you're 40% to win each offensive categories, that's something! And nobody's pitching is ever a lock to win.

I don't want to pile on, but no reasonable league would allow something like this.
Thanks for your input, I don't think you're piling on, you make sense.

We are reworking the deal now. I guess I took a rather simplistic view of it and decided to try something drastic.

Looks like I'm getting Puig and Perkins now.

Or Pujols and Perkins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flash said:
Wrigley said:
Plan goes in the crapper when a guy gets lit up no?
Chance I'm willing to take. It's a week of games, not just one.

I have Betances, Chapman, Grenke, Rondon, Buehrle, Anderson, Sanchez among others who have me winning 4-5 cats every week.

Saves being my weak point.
dear god.

My thoughts

1. the H2H format is stupid

2. I'm generally a fan of letting owners manage the way they want as long as they aren't colluding

3. If I was given the choice to keep 3 sensible owners or boot 1 who doesn't care about upsetting the competitive balance of the league I probably choose the latter

Heck, at least grab a couple great closers not just one. But yeah, you're terrible at this. There's a reason you're missing the playoffs.

Guys, he has Buehrle...
Who has ripped off like 14 Quality Starts out of his last 15 starts and is second to Greinke on my team. Between those two, and Anderson I am getting 3-5 QS each week helping me win that cat each week.

I am pretty much winning every pitching cat each week except for Saves, including ERA and WHIP which is the tie breaker.

It's funny seeing all you hacks rip on me and not even know or ask what our scoring system is. Makes me question if you guys even know fantasy baseball, or are just chiming in to be asshoels.

GPJ, annoyong, Wrigley and Lambskin are the only ones with decent input.

Carry on with the typical FBG crapfest. :thumbup: it's amusing!

Guys, he has Buehrle...
Who has ripped off like 14 Quality Starts out of his last 15 starts and is second to Greinke on my team. Between those two, and Anderson I am getting 3-5 QS each week helping me win that cat each week.

I am pretty much winning every pitching cat each week except for Saves, including ERA and WHIP which is the tie breaker.

It's funny seeing all you hacks rip on me and not even know or ask what our scoring system is. Makes me question if you guys even know fantasy baseball, or are just chiming in to be asshoels.

GPJ, annoyong, Wrigley and Lambskin are the only ones with decent input.

Carry on with the typical FBG crapfest. :thumbup: it's amusing!
Look, to be fair, I don't know of any scoring system where that isn't a crazy deal. I mean the mini-revolt it set off says a lot.

I am not sure what else you thought would happen when you started this thread. It just doesn't seem like a defensible deal.

If your format is so bad that Glen Perkins for Goldschmidt is close to a thing, you should hope the league breaks up over this.

Limp Ditka said:
You're called flash ironically, right? Because you sure seem slow
What I want to know is why is Mr Pack using his Flash alias for this.
If history is any indication, he was a complete **** to someone and then got banned. He and Tso need to go to anger management together.
Haha..... speaking of complete #####, the head **** just spoke up. Congrats!
So, you're not denying Hack's statement?

Limp Ditka said:
If history is any indication, he was a complete **** to someone and then got banned. He and Tso need to go to anger management together.
Congrats on taking on your next losing battle

Limp Ditka said:
Congrats on taking on your next losing battle
Nah, nothing to lose and no battle to fight, he's a #### of the highest order. Truth hurts.

Personal insults are his forte, sad life really.

Users who are viewing this thread