What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Anarchy League 1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
League site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/24144

Draft set to start 8/5 at 8:00 AM EST.

Randomly selected draft order:

[SIZE=10pt]CHECK IN STATUS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]David Yudkin - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Dickey Moe - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Stinkin' Ref - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]BassNBrew - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Fiddles - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Aaron Rudnicki - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]NCFF Commish - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jason Wood - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]renesauz - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Hear-The-Footsteps - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]BroadwayG - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Carl[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]ton[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Gray - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]jurb26[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]bro1ncos - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]bueno - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]dehaven123 - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Please log in to the league site AND post in this thread so I know everyone is alive and got the message. If everyone is willing and able, I can start the draft earlier.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Draft timer is off for now and hopefully I will not have to turn it on.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
The defending champ is here. Making me draft late will not matter - resistance is futile!

The odds of one person getting the same draft position in two drafts is 256 to 1.

Perhaps this is David's year? :whistle:

I didn't want the #1 pick in one league let alone two. I don't remember having the first pick before, so maybe I was due.

The odds of one person getting the same draft position in two drafts is 256 to 1.

You were not a statistics major, were you?

Odds of having the same position are 1 in 16 in a 16 man draft. The odds of having the same pre-SPECIFIED (like both #1) slot are 1 in 256.

Odds of having the same position are 1 in 16 in a 16 man draft. The odds of having the same pre-SPECIFIED (like both #1) slot are 1 in 256.
He has the first overall picks in two 16 team leagues so yeah I wasn't a statistics major but at least I can follow a conversation.

He has the first overall picks in two 16 team leagues so yeah I wasn't a statistics major but at least I can follow a conversation.
I figured that, but statistically there's a HUGE difference between "same draft position in two drafts" and "#1 pick in two drafts" ;)

I figured that, but statistically there's a HUGE difference between "same draft position in two drafts" and "#1 pick in two drafts" ;)
I am sure there is some point you are trying to make here. I just don't care.

sorry for the delay...brain farted the start of this today but I have been in and out of the mock draft forum all day because of the IBL draft and never received a PM about this league.......until getting one from Rene when I was about to time out....

we got to get this figured out if we are supposed to send pm's to next man up or not....I truly just forgot about the official start after actually checking in a bunch hoping to see it start early the last few days

oh and fiddles has been pm'd and I will set up notification on site now as well...which I know I could have done earlier

I emailed everyone multiple time about the draft. If people set their team preferences on MFL properly, then they can get updates on every pick or notifications when they are on the clock (by email or text). I personally don't think PMs are the answer, as when I am only using a phone you have to search to find any PMs.

I emailed everyone multiple time about the draft. If people set their team preferences on MFL properly, then they can get updates on every pick or notifications when they are on the clock (by email or text). I personally don't think PMs are the answer, as when I am only using a phone you have to search to find any PMs.
so is that the standard now.....we don't pm.....?or post in here?

so the clock at mfl is now "the clock" ?.....cause even with mfl "the official clock" has always been when the post in here said somebody was pm'd......and we aren't even really posting picks in here either like we used to.....

not trying to sound snarky but we have confusion on timeouts, people not being able to access mfl from work, etc....and i dont want to waste the time coming back in this forum to pm if I don't have to and nobody else really is.....

Feel free to do whatever you think will help.

MFL has been the only official clock for these leagues. Any other form of notice or communication had no bearing on the MFL timer once it is turned on.

As I mentioned, in this day and age, MFL has the capability to automatically notify people when it is their turn to pick . . . By text or email.

Are you suggesting that that is not sufficient for notification?

Feel free to do whatever you think will help.

MFL has been the only official clock for these leagues. Any other form of notice or communication had no bearing on the MFL timer once it is turned on.

As I mentioned, in this day and age, MFL has the capability to automatically notify people when it is their turn to pick . . . By text or email.

Are you suggesting that that is not sufficient for notification?
sorry maybe im overlapping survivors and anarchy......I thought this was primary for anarchy's too....my bad.....I am totally cool with with mfl being primary but I thought not being able to access mfl from work, etc was an issue so we were using "both" still....maybe I'm in too many of these...sorry again

Hey, I'm all in favor for whatever works to get things to flow quicker and smoother and to get the drafts done as quickly as possible. I think the dedicated drafters do a decent job saying on top of things. Sure, sometimes there are meetings or traffic or ballet recitals. I am more concerned with the people that are interlopers and sometimes seem like they show up when they feel like it. To be clear, that is usually not in this league. But getting some leaves drafts done can be a chore some years.

what's up?

I got an email notification that Wood timed out and I was up. MFL wouldn't let me make a selection for awhile due to some technical issues they were having. Now I got in, but it's telling me Wood is back on the clock.

Cowboys, Dallas DAL TMQB

Jets, New York NYJ TMQB

Bush, Reggie SFO RB

Helu, Roy OAK RB (Q)

Mason, Tre STL RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Johnson, Stevie SDC WR

Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Tate, Golden DET WR

Wallace, Mike MIN WR

Celek, Brent PHI TE

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Gano, Graham CAR PK

Zuerlein, Greg STL PK

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

Think QBNYJ will be a surprise this year. This is not the Rex offense of yesteryear. Not as enthused at the value of QBDAL I got, but might squeak into the playoffs.

If I don't have a top 2 WR scoring squad I'm totally sunk. Invested very heavily here.

All things considered, very pleased with how the RB and TE turned out. Can't beat the Celek/Helu price point.

NEP TMQB 5

CHI TMQB 20

I stand firm that the Pats will be going for the jugular. They are a decent bet for playing 18 games. The Bears QB spot went 60-100 picks earlier in the other drafts.

Blount RB 22

Ivory RB 30

CJohnson RB 55

Robinson RB 69

If you can't get the uber scoring RBs, it's really not a spot to fill early on or even in the middle rounds. Blount has shown he is the goal line guy in NE and can score a ton of TDs. Ivory looks more and more like he will get a heavy workload. The others are basically just there to fill a roster spot.

Hopkins WR 14

LaFell WR 24

Decker WR 47

TWilliams WR 48

Baldwin WR 57

Hopkins should be getting more love than he has been lately. He scored 233 points on only 127 targets, and he should see a big bump in targets with Johnson moving to IND. He should end up in the WR 5-10 range (the only thing holding him back is no playoff points). LaFell ranked 16th last year and took goose eggs the first two weeks. He also could approach Top 10 status. Decker was drafted roughly 20 spots later than he ranked last year. Yeah, the Jets QB situation is not great and Marshall will get a lot of looks, but I see Decker in the WR30s. TWilliams plays for a playoff contender and ranked 36th last year. Baldwin is a better option in Anarchy than anywhere else, as he ranked 26th and 31st the past two seasons. IMO, the total scoring from this group will be higher than expected without investing a ton to acquire them.

Gronk TE 1

Daniels TE 16

Chandler TE 31

Gronk is an absolute monster if healthy with 2 ppr, scorched earth, and playoff scoring. Mass murder Hernandez averaged 4.8-57-0.45 over his career with the Pats. Based on that, I could see Chandler averaging 2.5-30-0.4 or 40-480-6 for a 16 game season or 45-540-7 for an 18 game season. That would work out to 186 points, which to me would be $$$ from the TE31 off the board. I think Daniels and Manning will put up decent numbers if both stay healthy. Add in playoff points and Daniels at least earns his draft spot back.

PK

Seabass PK 27

Succop PK 30

Clearly didn't invest much in kickers (which is not usually my style), but I like the options that were available at other spots later in the draft.

NEP DEF 7

NYG DEF 25

NE went to 3 AFCC games in a row before Revis got there. They always seem to find a way. They look weaker on paper but they have a really good stable of LB and DE. I think we see them mix in more blitzes to give the secondary less time to have to chase people. Who knows what the Giants will bring to the table. Their yearly Anarchy scoring has been all over the map.

I don't think I will win but I should be competitive. Would have liked to get a few more players from playoff contending teams. Anything can happen if your roster stays healthy, but I really am in trouble if Gronk gets dinged.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Stinkin Ref:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I go into most of these with basically the same mentality and hope to stay healthy. Go TE early and often, take 3 if it seems to make sense, don’t get stuck with suck ### QB’s sometimes looking more at their weapons and offensive style as opposed to sheer QB talent, punt RB2-4 as much as possible unless value changes that, and go for mid round quantity at WR and swing for the fences a little there. Playoff games considered must not a must.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5.03 Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]13.03 49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB23[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Get a piece of Julio here and I expect them to throw a ton this year. Tamme helps. Weak division IMO and think could be some shootouts. SF should also be chucking it with a bad defense, added T. Smith, Bush, and kept Boldin/Davis, after that a little thin but hope Kap also helps with some running yards and TD’s.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2.14 McCoy, LeSean BUF RB10 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3.03 Gore, Frank IND RB12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]9.03 Davis, Knile KCC RB36 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]16.14 Starks, James GBP RB62[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Don’t like pulling the trigger on RB2 so quick but like Gore spot and receiving ability in this format. Felt better about McCoy then then I do now but Rex said he wants to run 50 times a game if they can. Now a little concerned about McCoy durability and Taylor maybe taking off on his own sometimes if handed the keys. Have always felt Davis carries a little standalone value in these with game changing upside if Charles gets dinged. He finished as RB34 (just outside of starting RB2 (32) last year) so based on that not a ton of value, but as an RB3 I could do worse. Always liked Starks the football player more than the fantasy player, but again another guy who has shown he has the skills to produce RB1 type numbers if the guy in front of him goes down. I really take a look at that ability when trying to pick my RB3/4.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]6.14 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR34[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7.03 Johnson, Charles MIN WR35[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]8.14 Wright, Kendall TEN WR45[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]10.14 Green-Beckham, Dorial TEN WR56 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]15.03 Hurns, Allen JAC WR68 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]18.14 Wilson, Albert KCC WR85[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As mentioned I like to hammer this position in these rounds. It means I won’t normally have a top tier guy but maybe a few above average guys will fall. With Floyd hurt in AZ I feel I have 3 WR1’s on their teams, a 3 run homer waiting for that 3-1 fastball, and two solid WR2’s on their teams. I think my last two have really been working their butts off to get better and might be a little underrated in this format. Yeah you don’t want to have to choose when to start them in redraft, cause you’ll probably miss their decent weeks, then start them after that and they lay an egg, but those two could be decent value at WR68 and 85, I think they both outperform that. Be nice to get that one last year out of Fitz, CJ take that next step, and I like the thought of MM peppering Wright. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1.03 Graham, Jimmy SEA TE2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4.14 Eifert, Tyler CIN TE9 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Graham is on most of my teams in this 2 PPRTE format. I still expect a TE2 worthy year and expecting Eifert to crash the top 5 party and become a staple in the top tier of TE for years. He and Gore could make or break me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]11.03 Tucker, Justin BAL PK6 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]14.14 Folk, Nick NYJ PK26[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12.14 Broncos, Denver DEN Def6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]17.03 Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def26 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Nothing to see here really other then I went 6 and 26 at both positions/kinda weird. Honestly I think DEN could have a huge year on D and hoping a little SEA defense mentality carries over to ATL. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Overall: I have a sprinkling of possible playoff love in a few places except for WR. Should get decent production from most positions and if I can slip into the upper half or so at WR I might be ok. Currently I don’t have the horses to bring this mutha home, but an injury to Charles or Lacy could change that. ATL/KC/ARZ/CIN sneaking in the playoffs would be nice. [/SIZE]

Rams, St. Louis STL TMQB

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB

My approach wasn't to ignore the QB position in this draft, but at some point it just seemed inevitable based on how I was drafting. This is probably the easy weakness of my team. That said, I actually like the St. L and Hou circumstances given their value. St. L is a team I'm pegging for the playoffs this year. Hou, now w/o Foster is a team that could become more pass heavy than originally anticipated.

Artis-Payne, Cameron CAR RB

Gurley, Todd STL RB

Hill, Jeremy CIN RB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Love my group of RBs. Hill and Ingram are RB1s one playoff contending teams. The Gurley injury doesn't scare me, especially in this format. I think Duke emerges as the back to own in Clev. Artis-Payne is a Stewart injury (shocking) away from relevance.

Funchess, Devin CAR WR

Jackson, DeSean WAS WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Latimer, Cody DEN WR

Parker, DeVante MIA WR

WRs turned out a lot better than I hoped. I think Julio is the top WR this year and am thrilled to have him. DJax is just a great value at his price. Funchess value takes a monumental jump with Benjamin now out for the year. Parker should come back and contribute. Latimore hopefully sees a bigger role in the offense. All these guys are on playoff caliber teams but DJax.

Ebron, Eric DET TE

Hill, Josh NOS TE

Meh, I like both players but they are swing for the fences type guys IMO. I'll either dance like the banana or cry like the pickle here. Both should have a great opportunity to produce in passing offenses. Let's see if the actually do it.

Carpenter, Dan BUF PK

Catanzaro, Chandler ARI PK

K are boring and nobody cares.

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

Pretty happy about these defenses. I think either of them could be the top defense in fantasy. Mia adding Suh is a major upgrade to an already very good unit. KC just getting more healthy should be a big plus. I like both as playoff contenders as well.

Much like every year this will come mostly down to health. The healthy teams will be at the top.

Rams, St. Louis STL TMQB

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB

My approach wasn't to ignore the QB position in this draft, but at some point it just seemed inevitable based on how I was drafting. This is probably the easy weakness of my team. That said, I actually like the St. L and Hou circumstances given their value. St. L is a team I'm pegging for the playoffs this year. Hou, now w/o Foster is a team that could become more pass heavy than originally anticipated.

Gurley, Todd STL RB

Hill, Jeremy CIN RB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Love my group of RBs. Hill and Ingram are RB1s one playoff contending teams. The Gurley injury doesn't scare me, especially in this format. I think Duke emerges as the back to own in Clev. Artis-Payne is a Stewart injury (shocking) away from relevance.

Funchess, Devin CAR WR

Jackson, DeSean WAS WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Latimer, Cody DEN WR

Parker, DeVante MIA WR

WRs turned out a lot better than I hoped. I think Julio is the top WR this year and am thrilled to have him. DJax is just a great value at his price. Funchess value takes a monumental jump with Benjamin now out for the year. Parker should come back and contribute. Latimore hopefully sees a bigger role in the offense. All these guys are on playoff caliber teams but DJax.

Ebron, Eric DET TE

Hill, Josh NOS TE

Meh, I like both players but they are swing for the fences type guys IMO. I'll either dance like the banana or cry like the pickle here. Both should have a great opportunity to produce in passing offenses. Let's see if the actually do it.

Carpenter, Dan BUF PK

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

Pretty happy about these defenses. I think either of them could be the top defense in fantasy. Mia adding Suh is a major upgrade to an already very good unit. KC just getting more healthy should be a big plus. I like both as playoff contenders as well.

Much like every year this will come mostly down to health. The healthy teams will be at the top.
I like your team for the most part bout don't understand the bolded. Did the rules change this year? I also don't understand the five RB approach. The position genially lags the others in scoring and is more prone to missing time.

BassNBrew said:
jurb26 said:
Rams, St. Louis STL TMQB

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB

Gurley, Todd STL RB

Hill, Jeremy CIN RB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Funchess, Devin CAR WR

Jackson, DeSean WAS WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Latimer, Cody DEN WR

Parker, DeVante MIA WR

Ebron, Eric DET TE

Hill, Josh NOS TE

Carpenter, Dan BUF PK

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

I like your team for the most part bout don't understand the bolded. Did the rules change this year? I also don't understand the five RB approach. The position genially lags the others in scoring and is more prone to missing time.
By that I simply mean I don't have to worry about who to start, not start early in the to year while he might be on a time share or limited. It's just total points. As for RB heavy, not a plan. Just the value I saw on the board.

What projections cause RB such as Duke Johnson to become value for the flex position compared to the WR and TE?

I like Duke a lot too but I don't see the points being enough that I would consider him value over options that actually will get points for receptions.

To Bia's point, a late round TE that can cobble together 25-30 receptions can get to 100 points with very limited targets. Duke needed 160 touches to get to 105 points last year (essentially more than half of a full RB workload).

Last year, there were 35 RBs, 77 WR, 30 TE to get to 100 points. The year prior, the breakdown was 38/75/36. If we set the bar at 75 points, 2014: 47 RB, 94 WR, and 42 TE. As I see it, without much thought or research, the lower scoring RBs could have been guys that got reps because others got hurt . . . meaning that there productivity was more out of injury to others than predictable production.

But what do I know . . . I never do well enough to win.

Right, I feel a LOT better about a Dukes chances at least 160 touches than I do any of the TEs available getting over 25 receptions.

I could see several TE taken after 9.13 getting 25+ receptions and maybe some not even drafted....I took Graham with my last pick in anarchy 2 for almost this very reason....especially after losing Kb....Graham gets me 50 it's like a 100 wr....had to swing for fences....anything more is gravy

Ben Watson and Clive Walford are last round TEs with nice potential IMO.

Also, how did a 2015 rookie get 160 touches last year?

I can think of at least 3 rookie RBs who got over 160 touches last year.

Basically 2 rookie RBs reached that in Clev last year. Crowell got 157, West was well over.

Basically 2 rookie RBs reached that in Clev last year. Crowell got 157, West was well over.
that doesn't explain how Duke Johnson did since he was in college last year and had 242 rush attempts and 38 receptions for Miami.

Duke needed 160 touches to get to 105 points last year (essentially more than half of a full RB workload).

that doesn't explain how Duke Johnson did since he was in college last year and had 242 rush attempts and 38 receptions for Miami.
Duke needed 160 touches to get to 105 points last year (essentially more than half of a full RB workload).
Oh, yeah I don't know what he's talking about there. I assumed typo of some sort and that he would need around that this year.

Those were the projections from Dodds for this year. My bad.

The overall point is the same that he would need a much bigger workload than essentially a scrub or part time tight end.

Users who are viewing this thread