What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Someday you can tell your grandchildren that in Week 2 in 2015 you led the league for a week. Talk about goosebumps.
Hey man, it was two weeks straight!
It was fun while it lasted. Now I can look at you in my rear view mirror. I might actually be a contender given that I should be getting Brandon LaFell, Arian Foster, Eric Decker, and Breshad Perriman back at some point. Of course, I say that every year, and most years I am in the hunt for the first half of the season and then everyone gets hurt . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
My team showed some life this week.

Despite my trying to take kickers earlier to not get stuck with a zero I managed to get Sturgis who doesn't have a job now. Maybe need to take them higher than I did.

Considering how bad my WR are they are actually doing pretty well besides DeSean Jackson.

Someday you can tell your grandchildren that in Week 2 in 2015 you led the league for a week. Talk about goosebumps.
Hey man, it was two weeks straight!
It was fun while it lasted. Now I can look at you in my rear view mirror. I might actually be a contender given that I should be getting Brandon LaFell, Arian Foster, Eric Decker, and Breshad Perriman back at some point. Of course, I say that every year, and most years I am in the hunt for the first half of the season and then everyone gets hurt . . .
You can look at the Patriots bye week plastered across your windshield, homer.

I've got Funchess, Ajayi, and Sefarian-Jenkins supposedly providing value at some later point. The WR corps and TEN TMQB look like what I'd hoped they'd be.

Yippy. I took over first place . . . and lost Foster for the season. Not exactly what you would call a preferable outcome.

Yippy. I took over first place . . . and lost Foster for the season. Not exactly what you would call a preferable outcome.
Smitten by the fantasy gods.
Oh that? It's just a flesh wound.
Sounds to me more like Foster ruptured your team's Achilles....

RIP
Nah. We all will have people who will get banged up. It certainly won't help my cause, but I was doing well before Foster came back. It just makes the margin for error a lot less. I still have Perriman who hasn't played a down, LaFell who had more drops than points last week, and Percy Harvin doing next to nothing. Still a long way to go . . .

Smitten by the fantasy gods.
Oh that? It's just a flesh wound.
Sounds to me more like Foster ruptured your team's Achilles....

RIP
Nah. We all will have people who will get banged up. It certainly won't help my cause, but I was doing well before Foster came back. It just makes the margin for error a lot less. I still have Perriman who hasn't played a down, LaFell who had more drops than points last week, and Percy Harvin doing next to nothing. Still a long way to go . . .
with your can of whoop ### waiting to be opened up on us come post season.....we'll take whatever we can get

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
That was fun...Lose Bell and Smith in one fell swoop
What did you say to me somewhere? Must be a Michigan fan?

I am enjoying my last few hours of being ahead in both Leagues 1 and 2 at the same time (life Ref was one week this season). I will be passed up after MNF, but I too can now tell my grandchildren remember the time when I was ahead in both leagues.

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
That was fun...Lose Bell and Smith in one fell swoop
What did you say to me somewhere? Must be a Michigan fan?

I am enjoying my last few hours of being ahead in both Leagues 1 and 2 at the same time (life Ref was one week this season). I will be passed up after MNF, but I too can now tell my grandchildren remember the time when I was ahead in both leagues.
Nah, that wasn't directed to you. Someone else.

Enjoy it while you can.

This will be interesting:

Anarchy 2076 (Foster(I), Amendola (Q)

Ref 1875
Biabreakable 1874

nittany 1871

Bronco 1867

CalBear 1864

rzrback 1755

Anarchy has 200 points on the field but has lost a big player and has another one injured. Then there are five guys within 11 points of each other. Who'll emerge?

I am short Foster, Harvin, and Perriman and have been for most of the season. Amendola will probably play in a limited capacity or only miss a week. Also have Corey Brown who will probably be out a couple weeks. Hasn't seemed to make a difference scoring wise.

No LeVeon and no Steve Smith and Im still hanging in. Pleasantly surprised.

More than likely this will end soon though

Now out Freeman. I'm out.

Biabreakable's on quite a run; five weeks in a row over 200, three high scores.
It has been fun seeing this team that every time I look at it I think this team is not very good? :D

I never thought I would say this but Brian Hartline is missed. That guy had a pretty strong run of games for about 5 weeks before being injured again.

My high pick of Washington QB is not looking quite as bad as it did at the start of the season. I certainly did not plan to draft so many Redskin players, I guess I value them more than most. If they make the playoffs it will be better than I expected.

I drafted Lockett is a lot of leagues and he has been great recently as well.

Within 100 points of David's all Patriot team. He has a lot of playoff players as well, so Washington having an extra game would certainly help my team to try to match those bonus points.

I still left a lot of better picks on the table and I regret drafting the Falcons QB so high.

After tonights game I have almost made up the 100 points I am behind Anarchy due to Captain Kirk Cousins who ended both halves in the victory formation. :clap:

Most of the damage occured in the first quarter as he connected with Reed for 2 TE. Cousins and Reed both score over 40 points and the last defense left scored a TD off a fumble as well. If Jackson would have done more it could have been worse.

113 points with 13 players left to go. Anarchy got 17 points from Carr so at the moment he is still ahead by about five points. :boxing: :boxing:

This gives me four players who will get at least one more game.

eta - Zach Ertz almost outscores Reed in this one.

I really can't complain about Cousins and Reed. I have both in the Subscriber Contest and am in 21st place.

Will be interesting to see if the Skins sit them next week in a meaningless game, in which case you really didn't get an extra game of scoring. I am in the same boat with NE, as they could start sitting people too.

Well David the weather is nice up here. :)

51 points ahead of you at this point but many of my players were eliminated from contention today as were my favorite team the Vikings.

All I have left are Tyler Lockett John Brown Greg Olsen and the Patriots defense.now.

You have Brady, Amendola, Lafell, Gronk both of your kickers and the Cards defense.so my lead may be brief.

If Washington would have beaten the Packers I would be in a much better position for the stretch run.

Thanks for a pretty fun season David. I don't see how my 10 point lead can last with the players you still have active.

I am mostly out of shots left to shoot while your team still has pretty close to a full clip.

Actually not entirely settled. After New England's ignominious loss, our Super Bowl is Biabreakable's DEN TMQB plus Greg Olsen vs. Anarchy's Corey Brown, with Biabrekable spotting Anarchy 45 points. Probably a slight advantage to Yudkin but that's definitely still a competitive matchup.

Actually not entirely settled. After New England's ignominious loss, our Super Bowl is Biabreakable's DEN TMQB plus Greg Olsen vs. Anarchy's Corey Brown, with Biabrekable spotting Anarchy 45 points. Probably a slight advantage to Yudkin but that's definitely still a competitive matchup.
Except Biabreakable doesn't have DEN TMQB.

So it's Corey Brown + 45 points vs. Olsen.

If I end up winning, it will be from a big advantage in TE and PK scoring. I got only four games from Foster and Harvin and took a 0 on the season for Perriman. Still don't get how the rest of you guys didn't catch up.

Yeah I am still wondering how Walker lasted until the 5th round. I know I am at fault for this as well. I wanted to land Newton or Brees in the fourth round because of how the schedule was lining up for those teams and when I did not get them I reached for Ryan instead of changing course.

Gronk and Walker hard to match. Olsen and Reed ended up being a great combo as well and if I had taken Walker earlier I would have been less likely to take Reed later on...

Just looking at total points.

2 RB Freeman and Peterson finished in the top 64 players in total points. This is equivalent to four rounds. Based on these results only two RB should have been drafted in the first four rounds. Freeman finished 54th overall and Peterson finished 57th overall. 3 percent of the top 64 were RB.

There are three defenses with more points than the 3rd overall RB.

7 RB Freeman, Peterson, Martin (76), David Johnson (80), Deangelo Williams (90), Todd Gurley (93), Lamar Miller (94) finished in the top 96 players in total points. This is equivalent to six rounds. Based on these results only seven RB should have been drafted in the first six rounds. 7.3% of the top 96 players were RB.

15 RB Freeman, Peterson, Martin (76), David Johnson (80), Deangelo Williams (90), Todd Gurley (93), Lamar Miller (94), Stewart (99), Ivory (107), Hill (109), Forte (112), L Murray (121), Gore (122), Woodhead (126), McFaden (128) finished in the top 128 players in total points. This is equivalent to eight rounds. Based on these results only fifteen RB should have been drafted in the first eight rounds. 11.7% of the top 128 were RB. About 50% of those 15 RB were not top 100 players. This bottom half of the top 15 RB are scoring similar points to kickers.

I went RB heavy with Peterson and Gore in rounds 1 and 3. I think Peterson was worth it, Gore obviously was not, I did have playoff hopes in regards to Gore at that time. Still would have been better off taking players from other positions.

I do think this was a bad year for RB performance with many key players injured for significant parts of the season. Maybe more flux than usual, but that is kind of what the RB position is like in this scoring format now. They are worth less than they were a decade ago and even then they were over valued.

Maybe I am echoing similar sentiments, but I think this year worked out well for getting "good enough" running back scoring in the mid to later rounds. They were 8 backs taken round 12 or later that scored 100+ points and 9 of the Top 25 taken in Round 6 or later.

Factor in that only 17 backs scored 150 points vs. 48 WR, 22 TE, 12 PK, and 10 DEF, it's hard to get warm and fuzzy about burning an early pick on a RB.

It's pretty clear Walker should never have lasted 65 picks , especially after he ranked #7 last year in ppg. I was hoping Eifert would have made it that far but he went a little earlier than my pick.

it was a pretty crappy year for RB's no doubt.....but also some serious carnage in the first 4 rounds or so involving some pretty high impact players at all positions that missed significant time and could have changed a few things...I know the whole injury cliche stuff but there was some serious pop that missed significant time this year...

1st round

Dez

Luck

Graham

L. Bell

Lynch

Jordy

2nd

Charles

Bennett

Jeffrey

3rd

Benjamin

Romo

Forsett

4th

K. Allen

Gordon

Julius

Ingram

Don't get me wrong there were also plenty of really bad picks mixed in.......I'm gonna finish around 300 points back give or take....and my draft went

Jimmy Graham (was on pace for around another 105 including playoffs)

D. Murray (bad pick as it turned out)

Kelvin Benjamin (donut, scored 260 last year, would have liked to see what kind of #'s this year as they go all the way to SB)

Julius Thomas (missed 4 could have got about another 55 points)

105/260/55....so about 420

not doing this :ptts:

cause if Anarchy has Foster, etc he pulls away even more.....it just seemed like this year more than some in the past we lost a ton of top flight fantasy talent....

Anarchy took Foster in the 7th and Harvin in the 14th (Perriman in 9th)....so recovering from that is a little easier as it wasn't like he was expecting top of the draft type production....while he will credit TE (Gronk/Walker) and PK where I agree he gained an advantage....I think he is also short changing himself a little because there were other parts of his draft where he hit the lotto....

so while pairing Brady and Gronk and Gost.....with Walker, did a lot of the heavy lifting.....this was a pretty strong finish that probably also allowed him to pull away

13 ARZ DST (DST5)

14 Simms (RB25)

15 Raiders QB (QB15)

16 SF DST

17 Amendola (WR45)

18 Corey Brown (WR54)

congrats on a great draft and championship.....

What Greg Olsen isn't going to have 10 receptions and 3TD in the Super Bowl? :eek:

it isn't over yet.

My team pretty crappy for the most part.

I waited on WR way too long while I was drafting RB, TE, RB, QB in the first four rounds. Aside from Olsen I likely would have done better drafting other players. My first WR was Jackson in the 5th round who plays in 9 games. If not for a few decent games from him in the middle of season I would have gotten nothing from him. He ends up with 110 points, way less than the 200 plus I was expecting from a full season. My next pick John Brown puts up 220 points, similar to what I was expecting from Jackson. Next WR was Kendall Wright in the 8th round, he misses 6 games and does not play very well after the first part of the season. He gets hurt in the 2nd game of the season and although he came back and played well against the Colts in week 3 the injury seems to linger and limit him all year. In the 15th round I start finishing off my WR with Cecil Shorts 115 points Tyer Lockett 176 points and Brian Hartline 110 points.

So while Lockett was a steal Jackson was a bust and I end up with 6 WR all averaging about 100 points each. I felt the need to draft a 6th WR to improve my odds instead of using the last flex pick on a better position like TE. I definitely considered Gary Barnridge over Hartline when I drafted Hartline. Simply because Barnridge had never done anything in the NFL before.

In regards to Arian Foster I recall everyone and their cousin thinking it was a great strategy to draft Foster with his groin pull. I didn't particularly and pretty sure I mentioned at the time that I did not expect him to play well through that and pretty good chance he gets injured again trying to play through it. That is why I drafted Alfred Blue who is nothing special as a RB but he does end up with 108 points after taking a back seat to Foster when he was healthy.

Bishop Sankey could have been the featured RB for the Titans but I seem to be one of the only people who thinks he is a decent player. His coaches did not seem to think so. Less than 50 points terrible pick.

I think it was a pretty bad year for this hot mess to be contending for the most points this late in the game.

Washington Redskins surge and having so many of their players is the main thing that worked out well. Kirk Cousins was my number 1 scoring player followed by Reed and Olsen.

My kickers were bad and if Sturgis does not find a second job in Philly they would have been worse.

Defenses were nothing special and I can't take credit for Washingtons defense which was left to me as the last defense. Got an extra game out of them so thanks everyone.

Just looking at the top 64 players in total points.

25 of the top 40 players are QB. 30 of the 32 QB are in the top 64.

Matt Ryan was the 26th QB so I got terrible value from him as the 10th QB drafted. I made up for this with the pick of Washington in round 11 as the 23rd QB overall. I do recall looking at some numbers for QB that had many of them all performing at around the same level and that RG3/Cousins was the last remaining QB from that tier when I drafted them. Turns out I should have drafted Washington in the 4th round and Ryan in round 11 wouldn't have been so bad. Cousins did finish 9th overall. Gruden got really good numbers out of Dalton before getting the HC position for Washington. I like what his offense can do for a QB and they have a lot of good receivers.

30 of the top 64 players are QB. Only Dallas and the Rams finished outside the top 64 which is equivalent to four rounds of drafting. Although hard to predict it seems important to get some good QB to finish well in total points.

I had 6 players finish in the top 64. Anarchy and CalBear had 5. Nittanylion and and Stinkin Ref had 4 each.

30 QB finished in the top 64.

20 WR finished in the top 64

11 TE finished in the top 64

2 RB finished in the top 64

1 defense finished in the top 64

3 more defenses finish 65 to 68 so once the top WR and TE are gone top defenses are scoring similar to players after that and could be considered options from round 5 on based on these finishes.

Users who are viewing this thread