What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Anarchy League 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
League Site: http://www12.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/45880

Draft set to start 8/5 at 8:00 AM EST.

Randomly selected draft order:

[SIZE=10pt]SIGN IN STATUS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Faux Bear - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]5Rings - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Bonfire - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Yellow Snow - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Maggot Brain - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jestefarean - Email[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]ffgiant[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Inch by Inch[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]BassNBrew - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]HellToupee - MDF- MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jhexel - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Dreamers - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Reaper - MDF, MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Ryheaps - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]BroncoFreak_2K3 - MDF - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]ZWK - MFL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Please log in to the league site AND post in this thread so I know everyone is alive and got the message. If everyone is willing and able, I can start the draft earlier.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Draft timer is off for now and hopefully I will not have to turn it on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure looks to me like this is a good year to be drafting at the bottom of round 1. Gronk is going #1 across the board, and then you have your choice of the stud WRs, QB, or pick your favorite warty RB (and they all will be gone by the turn lol).

That said, because I am going to go with the "pick the guys you like rooting for" theory this year--which means no damn seahawks on my team--I'm going with my favorite QB.

:cheers:

BassNBrew said:
We have a timeout.
And another…
I apologize to all. 1st timeout I've ever had. Interboard league is totally blowing up my inbox.

I'm signed out of every league I'm in at MFL. Normal leagues are no problem to search but my mfl10s are missing
fyi…I think you just timed out again. Probably should think about pre-drafting if mfl is causing you issues.

Being logged in or not logged in should not make any difference in getting MFL draft notifications. Are folks not getting draft notifications?

Being logged in or not logged in should not make any difference in getting MFL draft notifications. Are folks not getting draft notifications?
I have been when I'm on the clock. MFL has been logging me out too (last week). Can we get a pick skip here?

Everyone is set up for draft notification after each pick. Not sure what the issue is.

No need to start skipping people. The draft should be completed almost 3 weeks before the season starts.

BassNBrew said:
We have a timeout.
And another…
I apologize to all. 1st timeout I've ever had. Interboard league is totally blowing up my inbox.

I'm signed out of every league I'm in at MFL. Normal leagues are no problem to search but my mfl10s are miss
fyi…I think you just timed out again. Probably should think about pre-drafting if mfl is causing you issues.
I'm redrafting this league from here out. I was skipped in a mfl10 . The only times I've had this happen. I have 3 mfl10s going on right now but not being notified in 1 of them even though its set to notify.

Is there a way to shorten my timer or no timer at all in 3? I'm baffled

David emailed me , :thumbup: I appreciate it , but unfortunately I was in a meeting from 10-1230

If you predraft, you will automatically get the players on your predraft list. You can also set a master draft list, which I believe I can set for automatically having the system pick from that list. However, the system will automatically draft the highest remaining player regardless of position and whether you have a legal spot on your roster for him.

Of course there is the other simple solution . . . just check in on the draft once or twice a day to figure out when you will have to make a pick.

And speaking of which, what is your replacement pick???

So are others having this problem as well that MFL keeps logging you out for no apparent reason? Pretty much daily if not multiple times a day for me. Still get notifications but don't know why it keeps logging me out.

So are others having this problem as well that MFL keeps logging you out for no apparent reason? Pretty much daily if not multiple times a day for me. Still get notifications but don't know why it keeps logging me out.
Yes, for some reason it keeps logging people out. Even more fun for me, as I try to be logged in 9 Anarchy Leagues at once and have to log in over and over again for all of them.

MFL having technical issues. Everyone is frozen out. Even I can't do anything. Will sort things out once they fix the problem.

My general approach: have projections, make a VBD-style adjustment to compare positions, follow the numbers except for judgment calls when guys are close or there's breaking news, adjust position values slightly as the draft progresses.

1.16 WR Julio Jones ATL, 2.01 WR Calvin Johnson DET
I am willing to bet on Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson being good at football.

3.16 TMQB Saints (Brees) NO, 4.01 RB Lamar Miller MIA
I normally don't take QBs early in this format, but at this stage Brees is a gimme. He is in the midst of a precipitous decline in production, to the point where he didn't even break 5000 passing yards last year (instead leading the league with a measly 4952). The other pick was a tough call between Miller, RB Morris, QB Romo, and WR Tate; I basically just went with my gut on it (and my gut may have only made that choice because I like Miller more in dynasty.)

5.16 TE Delanie Walker TEN, 6.01 WR Amari Cooper OAK
Not really thrilled with either of these guys. It feels nuts to be taking Delanie ****** Walker in the 5th round, but that's what the numbers say. Cooper is part of a pack of similarly valued WRs (DJax, Maclin, Roddy) and I decided to buy into his upside. Sad to see Tate & Cameron last so long and then go off the board a few picks before me; it's harder to be in position to catch those falling guys when picking on the turn.

7.16 WR Steve Smith BAL, 8.01 Joique Bell DET
More boring old guys. I've thought of myself as a Joique Bell pessimist all summer, but at some point there is value in a committee back who catches passes and gets goalline carries. Smith and Boldin (who went a pick before) each have a pretty good shot to hold on for another year. Also considered Owen Daniels & SEA Def.

9.16 TE Jordan Reed WAS, 10.01 RB Tre Mason STL
Reed was a nice value here. Huge upside with 2 PPR, though the injury risk is a bigger concern in this format. Torn between Michael Floyd & Tre Mason on the second pick; decided that there is more likely to be good WR value available later (plus Floyd could easily miss a couple games to start the season). Hoping for Chester Taylor 2007 production. (Post-draft update: these picks are looking even better now that Paul & Paulsen are out for the season, and Gurley seems likely to miss a few games.)

11.16 TMQB Redskins (Griffin) WAS, 12.01 DEF Patriots NE
Washington has been QB19, QB20, and QB6 the past 3 years, and I'm getting them as the 25th TMQB off the board. Good value, and tons of upside with Griffin's legs. The Patriots have been one of the few consistent names among the top fantasy defenses, and they should get a couple extra games in the playoffs. Considered Charles Sims, Matt Bryant, and HOU Def.

13.16 WR Devin Funchess CAR, 14.01 DEF Ravens BAL
I'm betting that there will still be safe kickers left 2 rounds from now, and there are a whole bunch of RBs left that I rate similarly (after a last-minute downgrade to David Johnson), so I went elsewhere here. Funchess wasn't actually at the top of my projections list for WRs, but I like the mix of upside and safety that comes with early-round rookie WRs on teams with a thin WR corps (last year I got Beckham at a similar point in the draft). (Post-draft update: and now Carolina's receiving corps is even thinner; apparently I have tons of teammate injury luck.) Baltimore's D was at the top of my projections, by a decent amount over everyone else left. Considered Lorenzo Taliaferro, Josh Brown, Malcom Floyd, and Andrew Hawkins.

15.16 PK Cairo Santos KC, 16.01 PK Mike Nugent CIN
Can't wait any longer on kickers without risking being stuck with PK ??? CLE. My guess is that Alex Smith squads end up with more FGAs; I wonder if the numbers back that up. The Nugent pick is the one that I spent the most time researching this draft - there is some risk with his hamstring injury & competition from Obarski, but I have him projected for 15 pts more than any other kickers left if he plays. I decided that the risk is low enough. Considered Robbie Gould.

17.16 RB Damien Williams MIA, 18.01 WR Brian Hartline CLE
These picks might be the most fun part of the draft. I like the value here: Williams is looking like the #2 RB on a team that has wanted to limit the workload of its #1. (Though owning both him & Miller is a bit of a negative in this format - handcuffs are bad when you have no bench and want more variance.) Hartline is looking like a starting WR, with a reasonable shot to be his team's top receiver and maybe even return to the 1000 yard plateau. I considered a lot of other guys here, and was especially tempted by Lorenzo Taliaferro (who could earn a good-sized committee role alongside Forsett; I'm not a fan of Allen) and Brandon Coleman (who shockingly went undrafted despite the buzz and the targets that need replacing in New Orleans). I ended up going with the safer, boringer options who have a higher probability of reaching a decent floor. Also looked at Brandon Bolden, Lance Dunbar, Jacquizz Rodgers, Terrance West, Marqise Lee, Kamar Aiken, Stedman Bailey, Greg Jennings, and Gary Barnidge.

Other comments: I'm feeling pretty happy with this team, and especially happy to have gotten Brees, Reed, Griffin, and Funchess. TEs were underrated for the first half of the draft (with guys like Kelce, Bennett, Cameron, H Miller, Rudolph, Daniels, and Clay falling farther than they should), but picking on the turn I was unable to take advantage of it until Reed finally fell to me. To my eyes, ryheaps, Inch by Inch, BroncoFreak_2K3, and BassNBrew look like the best non-me teams.

ZWK said:
My general approach: have projections, make a VBD-style adjustment to compare positions, follow the numbers except for judgment calls when guys are close or there's breaking news, adjust position values slightly as the draft progresses.

1.16 WR Julio Jones ATL, 2.01 WR Calvin Johnson DET

I am willing to bet on Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson being good at football.

3.16 TMQB Saints (Brees) NO, 4.01 RB Lamar Miller MIA

I normally don't take QBs early in this format, but at this stage Brees is a gimme. He is in the midst of a precipitous decline in production, to the point where he didn't even break 5000 passing yards last year (instead leading the league with a measly 4952). The other pick was a tough call between Miller, RB Morris, QB Romo, and WR Tate; I basically just went with my gut on it (and my gut may have only made that choice because I like Miller more in dynasty.)

5.16 TE Delanie Walker TEN, 6.01 WR Amari Cooper OAK

Not really thrilled with either of these guys. It feels nuts to be taking Delanie ****** Walker in the 5th round, but that's what the numbers say. Cooper is part of a pack of similarly valued WRs (DJax, Maclin, Roddy) and I decided to buy into his upside. Sad to see Tate & Cameron last so long and then go off the board a few picks before me; it's harder to be in position to catch those falling guys when picking on the turn.

7.16 WR Steve Smith BAL, 8.01 Joique Bell DET

More boring old guys. I've thought of myself as a Joique Bell pessimist all summer, but at some point there is value in a committee back who catches passes and gets goalline carries. Smith and Boldin (who went a pick before) each have a pretty good shot to hold on for another year. Also considered Owen Daniels & SEA Def.

9.16 TE Jordan Reed WAS, 10.01 RB Tre Mason STL

Reed was a nice value here. Huge upside with 2 PPR, though the injury risk is a bigger concern in this format. Torn between Michael Floyd & Tre Mason on the second pick; decided that there is more likely to be good WR value available later (plus Floyd could easily miss a couple games to start the season). Hoping for Chester Taylor 2007 production. (Post-draft update: these picks are looking even better now that Paul & Paulsen are out for the season, and Gurley seems likely to miss a few games.)

11.16 TMQB Redskins (Griffin) WAS, 12.01 DEF Patriots NE

Washington has been QB19, QB20, and QB6 the past 3 years, and I'm getting them as the 25th TMQB off the board. Good value, and tons of upside with Griffin's legs. The Patriots have been one of the few consistent names among the top fantasy defenses, and they should get a couple extra games in the playoffs. Considered Charles Sims, Matt Bryant, and HOU Def.

13.16 WR Devin Funchess CAR, 14.01 DEF Ravens BAL

I'm betting that there will still be safe kickers left 2 rounds from now, and there are a whole bunch of RBs left that I rate similarly (after a last-minute downgrade to David Johnson), so I went elsewhere here. Funchess wasn't actually at the top of my projections list for WRs, but I like the mix of upside and safety that comes with early-round rookie WRs on teams with a thin WR corps (last year I got Beckham at a similar point in the draft). (Post-draft update: and now Carolina's receiving corps is even thinner; apparently I have tons of teammate injury luck.) Baltimore's D was at the top of my projections, by a decent amount over everyone else left. Considered Lorenzo Taliaferro, Josh Brown, Malcom Floyd, and Andrew Hawkins.

15.16 PK Cairo Santos KC, 16.01 PK Mike Nugent CIN

Can't wait any longer on kickers without risking being stuck with PK ??? CLE. My guess is that Alex Smith squads end up with more FGAs; I wonder if the numbers back that up. The Nugent pick is the one that I spent the most time researching this draft - there is some risk with his hamstring injury & competition from Obarski, but I have him projected for 15 pts more than any other kickers left if he plays. I decided that the risk is low enough. Considered Robbie Gould.

17.16 RB Damien Williams MIA, 18.01 WR Brian Hartline CLE

These picks might be the most fun part of the draft. I like the value here: Williams is looking like the #2 RB on a team that has wanted to limit the workload of its #1. (Though owning both him & Miller is a bit of a negative in this format - handcuffs are bad when you have no bench and want more variance.) Hartline is looking like a starting WR, with a reasonable shot to be his team's top receiver and maybe even return to the 1000 yard plateau. I considered a lot of other guys here, and was especially tempted by Lorenzo Taliaferro (who could earn a good-sized committee role alongside Forsett; I'm not a fan of Allen) and Brandon Coleman (who shockingly went undrafted despite the buzz and the targets that need replacing in New Orleans). I ended up going with the safer, boringer options who have a higher probability of reaching a decent floor. Also looked at Brandon Bolden, Lance Dunbar, Jacquizz Rodgers, Terrance West, Marqise Lee, Kamar Aiken, Stedman Bailey, Greg Jennings, and Gary Barnidge.

Other comments: I'm feeling pretty happy with this team, and especially happy to have gotten Brees, Reed, Griffin, and Funchess. TEs were underrated for the first half of the draft (with guys like Kelce, Bennett, Cameron, H Miller, Rudolph, Daniels, and Clay falling farther than they should), but picking on the turn I was unable to take advantage of it until Reed finally fell to me. To my eyes, ryheaps, Inch by Inch, BroncoFreak_2K3, and BassNBrew look like the best non-me teams.
Very much enjoyed reading your thought process. Your team will be a tough out.

Really like Julio/CJ start. Some playoff potential. You'll get a lot of mileage out of Funchess.

Crunching some numbers, the best teams at getting good value out of their picks (relative to where the player was drafted in the other Anarchy leagues) were: 5Rings, ZWK, BassNBrew, Inch by Inch, and ryheaps.

Top 10 value picks:

11.02 162 5Rings White, Kevin CHI WR (ADP 112.8)
5.08 72 Inch by Inch Tate, Golden DET WR (ADP 50.8)
10.06 150 jhexel Floyd, Michael ARI WR (ADP 113.3)
17.14 270 ryheaps Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB (ADP 216.0)
13.02 194 5Rings Sims, Charles TBB RB (ADP 156.3)
16.15 255 5Rings Artis-Payne, Cameron CAR RB (ADP 207.1)
6.14 94 Bonfire Allen, Dwayne IND TE (ADP 74.4)
17.09 265 BassNBrew Herron, Dan IND RB (ADP 216.9)
3.06 38 Jestefarean Kelce, Travis KCC TE (ADP 28.3)
6.01 81 ZWK Cooper, Amari OAK WR (ADP 64.3)

The biggest reach was either Arian Foster (pick 59 by Jestefarean, ADP 95.1) or Denard Robinson (pick 164 by Yellow Snow, ADP 242.0 in the other 2 leagues where he's been drafted so far).

1.9 Dez - It was either Dez, Julio, or Odell here. Dez has the most potential for playoff points.

2.8 Hilton - I don't think he matches last year's stats and don't think I've taken him in 12+ drafts this year. With these scoring rules he gets a bump and I expect the Colts to be in the playoffs. Jeffrey and Forte were minor considerations.

3.9 Bennett - Always been a proponent of strong TEs in the leagues. He should be a reception machine in 2 ppr. Had hoped for AJ here. Gave Edelman huge consideration.

4.8 Randle - At 4.8 I believe he was priced at his floor. Potential huge upside here. Did like any other option here.

5.9 J. Thomas - Wanted to get a 2nd decent TE locked down. In hindsight wish I had take Cameron. Was crushed when Tate went the pick before me.

6.8 LaFell - I despise him. Still was a huge value here and Brady is pissed at the world. Look out. No one else was considered here.

7.9 White - I like how fast WR pile up points in the format. Hopefully White has one more year. Steve Smith was my other consideration. I would have taken Smitty if the retirement news had come out. I expect him to go out with a 1000 yd bang.

8.8 Perriman - Stinkin Ref has talked me into this guy being a nice sleeper. Board was looking thin.

9.9 Clay - Dodd's has him projected for 179 points in this format. Not only was he sticking out like a sore thumb, adding a 3rd TE just erased one team's hopes of competing for a title.

10.8 K. Davis - Can't take anymore WR/TE now. Picked him solely for his upside. He'll get points regardless, but has huge upside.

11.9 Haushka - Securing two kickers in this format is vital. You just can't give up 120-150 pts to most of the field and expect to compete.

12.8 Barth - See above. Also like the playoff potential of both of my kickers.

13.9 Eagles D - They scored a lot last year which means they'll probably stink this year.

14.8 K. Robinson - Grabbed him after the Spiller news. I suspect I'll be disappointed with his productions but there weren't many other choices left.

15.9 Bills QB - I think they have ascot at the playoffs. I also like the talent they've added on offense with Clay, Harvin, and McCoy. I think I'll get a lot of pts from a 15th round pick.

16.8 Pitt D - They seem to have a killer D after other year of so and should make the playoffs.

17.9 - Herron - Gore is old and Herron was more than serviceable last year. He should get plenty of mop up points in blow out games and be around in the playoffs.

18.8 - NYJ QB - Yuck. Still will score the first or 2nd most points of any 18th round pick by a large margin.

I like the way this team turned out. I have the upside to be a title contender, but probably will finish in my usual 3rd or 4th place barring significant injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread