What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Anarchy League 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
League Site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/19052

Draft set to start 8/5 at 8:00 AM EST.

Randomly selected draft order:

[SIZE=10pt]CHECK IN STATUS (1 = MDF, 2 = MFL Site)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]bro1ncos 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Instinctive - Email[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Maggot Brain 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Ben & Jerry’s[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Dork Matter 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Drunken Dream Team 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]ryheaps 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jestefarean[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Borden 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Hawkeye21 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Bonfire 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Biabreakable 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jason Wood 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]ItsOnlyTheRiver 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Go DC Yourself 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Grigs Allmoon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Please log in to the league site AND post in this thread so I know everyone is alive and got the message. If everyone is willing and able, I can start the draft earlier.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Draft timer is off for now and hopefully I will not have to turn it on.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Instinctive, Ben & Jerry's, Jestefarean, and Grigs Allmoon have yet to check in.
This might be awhile. Instinctive is next up, but hasn't come back since telling us nearly 24 hours ago that he would log onto the league last night, and B&J and Grigs have been logging onto FBG but neither here nor the league.

We waited 4.5 hours for the second person to pick in our draft and he takes the Packers D. A defense number two overall? WTF?

We waited 4.5 hours for the second person to pick in our draft and he takes the Packers D. A defense number two overall? WTF?
He took the Packers Team QB, not their defense.
Oh. I just saw the team name and thought it was the defense. Why isn't the player name listed?

I just read the rules over again and it makes more sense now. I read the rules last week but seemed to have forgotten a few things. Feel like an idiot now.

He took the Packers Team QB, not their defense.
Oh. I just saw the team name and thought it was the defense. Why isn't the player name listed?
Owners can only draft Team QBs (all QB scoring compiled from a team) for a number of reasons. One is to insure that all teams get a fair shake at scoring every week at the QB position. There are not enough roster spots to have teams have to add NFL back up QBs. And if we expanded rosters to allow for back up NFL QBs, fantasy owners would draft more starting QBs than they technically were supposed to. Having a team with Manning, Luck, and Manning against a team of Bortles, Tebow, and Sanchez would totally mess with the balance of scoring.

I have pm'ed Ben & Jerry that he is up since it appears he checks in on the site from time to time during the day. Grigs is going last so there is less urgency to get his attention.

Lacy at 1.09 I'm happy with. Projected as a top 3 RB in redraft and plays on what I would assume is going to be a playoff team. Fine start for the defending champ.

I was surprised with the number of RB being taken ahead of me.

ODB or Julio Jones was a coin flip for me at 12 and Jones almost came back to me in the second round before It's Only the River scooped him up. Happy to "settle" for Calvin Johnson at pick 21.

Martavis Bryant in the third seemed like a bit of a reach to me. I was pretty surprised.
Borden won this league as well as another last year. Like you I thought it was a reach; but I hesitate to 'question' ANYONE who can shout out "Scoreboard"!! in one, let alone 2 of these leagues. :)

Martavis Bryant in the third seemed like a bit of a reach to me. I was pretty surprised.
Borden won this league as well as another last year. Like you I thought it was a reach; but I hesitate to 'question' ANYONE who can shout out "Scoreboard"!! in one, let alone 2 of these leagues. :)
I have nothing wrong with it and I really like Bryant this year too. Just seems you could get him a round later. It's like they say though, if you really want a guy take him when you can.

While I appreciate the endorsement from MB, I don't have a secret formula for these leagues.

The Bryant pick was close for me and a few guys I had higher in my pre-draft list were scooped up. The reason I had Bryant that high on my list is because his potential upside, playoff participation chances and the total scoring means that up and down weeks don't matter as long as he finishes high. He might have fallen to me 15 picks later but who knows.

Was really tough to pass up on Rodgers to start, even though I have a gut feeling telling me constantly to wait on QB.

Sorry for the slow start for me, had a big case finish up this week that just took all the energy and attention I had each day. Now that it's past, should be smooth sailing with some pre-drafting to speed it all along.

98 picks in now and there have been 33 RB drafted to 32 WR hmmm
If you look at the points from last year, the top 192 RB+WR+TE (the 12 spots for such x 16 teams) broke down to 51 RB/96 WR/45 TE. Since we draft 64 RBs, that means in theory that 13 drafted RB were outscored not only by all the theoretical flex players we would take, but 13 more that wouldn't even have been drafted.

If you look at the points from last year, the top 192 RB+WR+TE (the 12 spots for such x 16 teams) broke down to 51 RB/96 WR/45 TE. Since we draft 64 RBs, that means in theory that 13 drafted RB were outscored not only by all the theoretical flex players we would take, but 13 more that wouldn't even have been drafted.
Exactly.

Which is why I am somewhat baffled by the heavy drafting of RB in the early rounds.

I'm surprised by the amount of RBs picked already too. With this scoring format RBs really aren't that impressive.

Exactly.

Which is why I am somewhat baffled by the heavy drafting of RB in the early rounds.
To me it means we'll run out of draftable RB much earlier, so get them while the gettings good.

Joique Bell

Ryan Matthews

Bishop Sankey

Shane Vereen

David Johnson

I think we are past the point of the good gettings. :X

I went RB heavy early. It wasn't a great stragety just because I feel I can get WRs that put up at least some form of production later on. A bunch of the later round RBs need someone else to lose their job in order for them to play.

Not saying it's a good strategy but it's at least something.

I went RB heavy early. It wasn't a great stragety just because I feel I can get WRs that put up at least some form of production later on. A bunch of the later round RBs need someone else to lose their job in order for them to play.

Not saying it's a good strategy but it's at least something.
An interesting strategy for sure. I noticed the early RBs and wondered about it. Of course, those who've played a few years know that you never know what can happen.

This is only my second year in these.

Saved QB and Def for the last 4 rounds because they are guaranteed points. See how it turns out.

This is only my second year in these.

Saved QB and Def for the last 4 rounds because they are guaranteed points. See how it turns out.
Not much left for decent QBs though. Could be interesting to see how that turns out.
I had the highest scoring team in all ten leagues last year and took TMQB with my last two picks. I took the Raiders as the 30th TMQB and the Jets as the 32nd TMQB. Neither one really did all that much, ranking 30th and 28th respectively.

What people forget is those TMQBs that "only score" 200-250 points are still scoring WAY MORE than other 17th and 18th round picks. Just food for thought . . .

It will be interesting to see how waiting on QB until the last picks strategy turns out.

While on the surface getting 200 or more points for your last pick should give you more points than similar players from other positions who may only provide zero points. For example my last pick of Lache Seastrunk who may not even make a practice squad if he does not learn how to pass block.

On the other hand waiting until the last two QB puts your team in a pretty significant hole compared to the QB scoring of other teams.

For example last season TMQB 32 scored 199 points. The top 8 QB scored 400 points. So while you may be gaining 200 points compared to last picks at other positions, the points given up at QB may turn this advantage into a wash.

My 2015 all bust squad-

1.12 12. Beckham, Odell NYG WR

2.05 21. Johnson, Calvin DET WR

3.12 44. Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB

4.05 53. Johnson, Andre IND WR

5.12 76. Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

6.05 85. Blount, LeGarrette NEP RB

7.12 108. Blue, Alfred HOU RB

8.05 117. Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

9.12 140. Ebron, Eric DET TE

10.05 149. Redskins, Washington WAS TMQB

11.12 172. Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

12.05 181. Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def

13.12 204. Artis-Payne, Cameron CAR RB

14.05 213. Colts, Indianapolis IND Def

15.12 236. Bullock, Randy HOU PK

16.05 245. Lockett, Tyler SEA WR

17.12 268. Shorts, Cecil HOU WR

18.05 277. Seastrunk, Lache DAL RB

I was pretty happy with drafting from the 12 spot because at least my two picks were somewhat close. I made a couple of mistakes with my predraft lists where if I were on the clock I would have preferred a different pick.

At the start of the draft I was able to get Beckham at pick 12 and then Calvin Johnson with the second pick giving me a nice foundation at WR. Neither of these WR played a full season last year yet still scored 240 and 297 points respectively.

In the third round I felt fortunate to be able to draft Brees who scored 375 points last season in what was somewhat a down year for him in terms of TDs. I consider the NFC south wide open and the Saints could win this division leading to extra games. On the way back I was able to get Andre Johnson who I like to get extra games and improved numbers due to playing with Luck. I am really happy with these two picks.

There was a big run on RB who for the most part I did not want in the fourth and fifth round so I ended up with Jarvis Landry who I do like a great deal. Coming back in the sixth round I still did not want to take any RB but I did pick Blount who I hope can handle a lot of carries and perhaps give me a bonus game or two.

In the seventh round I also reached and took Alfred Blue with the hope that Foster's rehab takes awhile. Blue is no lock to be starter and the Texans will not be a very good offense unless Hoyer really surprises. Playoffs unlikely, but maybe he can manage some points on volume.

I somewhat wish I would have just kept drafting WR. Steve Smith for example may have been a better pick than Blue. I panicked a bit as even the dregs at RB became thin and I did not maximize my point potential picking these RB.

Thankfully I was able to draft Rudolph and Ebron in the 8th and 9th round. These players go about two rounds earlier in league two. These are players I likely would have taken if I had not wasted those picks on the two RB earlier. So pretty happy to get them that late.

I maybe should have opted for Carson Palmer over Robert Griffin or just passed a second QB. But I think there will be a lot of pass attempts again in Washington. Despite how bad they were last season they still scored 288 points. I can see that number improving and that is a lot of points. In 2013 the Cardinals scored 271 points for their QB so this is close and they are more likely to make the playoffs. Not sure what was the right choice there.

After this I decided to try to take care of my kicker and defense by drafting Ghost and the Ravens who I like to add playoff games. I was going to go with two kickers here but decided the defenses were more likely to be drafted than kickers, so I split them.

Round 13-14 I took Cameron Artis-Payne because of Stewarts injury history and also because I think he is a good RB. This also allowed me to have my first 3 RB be named Blount, Blue and Payne. I am not sure if I needed to take him this early or not and I likely should have picked my second defense here instead. When I did draft my defense I took the Colts because of playoff chances, but I regret not taking the Vikings instead who are looking to actually have a good defense this year. This is a pick I regret the most and not sure how I had the Colts higher in my predraft list. But of well, in the end they may be close in total points. The Colts were the 9th defense last season despite not being very good.

Round 15 I dodged a bullet somewhat because I was targeting the Steelers kicker prior to his injury. I ended up with Bullock who I like to kick field goals. When I saw that Gould went much later I feel I reached a bit on my kicker picks. However one of the reasons I did so poorly last season was due to taking zeros from my kicker position. So trying to not let that happen again.

Round 16 I still did need a WR after being able to focus elsewhere due to my four early WR picks. I was happy to get Tyler Lockett here as I think he is a better WR than anyone else they have. I expect him to work his way into one of Wilsons toip targets, also playoff potential here. Happy to get him this late.

Round 17 Cecil Shorts became my flex. I would have preferred to pick a TE here and I was going to draft Walford, but he went before this pick. So I opted for Shorts instead.

Last pick Lache Seastrunk because I needed a fourth RB and nothing else too exciting available. Likely a zero here but I do think he has the talent to make an impact if he gets opportunity with the Cowboys.

I noticed that the majority of people put in their predrafts when there was ever a pause in the action which worked out great. Anytime someone had to wait a while to make a pick it was made up for but about 6 predrafts picks already made after it. This really moved the draft along and it only seemed like there were a few delays. Overall it was one of the faster slow drafts I've been in. Pardon the oxymoron.

Users who are viewing this thread