What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for 10/14 people to start unorthodox 12/16 team league (1 Viewer)

smeredith15

Footballguy
I'm looking to start a league but can't get any of my friends to really buy in. I'd like to give it a try for at least a year though. The 12/16 team league will actually be two leagues of 6/6 or 8/8. They will draft separately. The first half of people to pay the buy in ($15, max $20 through leaguesafe) will be put in the "upper" league, and the rest in the lower league. You play within your league for 4 weeks, at which point the bottom 2-3 coaches (depending on league size) are "fired" and will be hired by a lower league team. Vice versa for the top lower league teams. The coaches who move will take over a team in progress and will be judgedany their performance in the next 4 weeks. Essentially, 2-3 owners will flip teams after weeks 4, 8, and 12. Do poorly and you get fired, do well and you get promoted. The top 4 teams in the top league will make the playoffs. My other leagues charge fees for various things such as excess pickups or failing to set your lineup, and these fees will be awarded to the coach in either league that has the highest single-week score. That way, any team can 1) win out of the lower league, and 2) still make their money back band have something to play for all season. I plan on this being a keeper league. Finer points such as scoring are negotiable. Easiest draft would be to create a nfl.com or Yahoo league for the draft, and then I will delete the league and score/keep standings myself.

Users who are viewing this thread