What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

This is my first time in this contest. At first glance I found it hard to get players I want under the salary cap and still select at least 18 players. Interesting format.

(Pats Hawkeye21 consolingly on shoulder)

You have no idea what you're in for, do you? Your next obsession has begun.

Last edited by a moderator:

So what's the obsession over? Is it second guessing your picks each day up until you finally submit the team? I guessing it's that since once the season starts you basically just sit back and pray your team does well. Am I close?

So what's the obsession over? Is it second guessing your picks each day up until you finally submit the team? I guessing it's that since once the season starts you basically just sit back and pray your team does well. Am I close?
It is submitting your team today changing it 5 times today and as camp goes on changing it again multiple times a day. It is playing with the players and trying to figure out if it is better odds for 18 people or 30 people or where in between. It is figuring out how many WRs is best and at what price grouping and RBs, QBs... It is making sure you make it through the first few weeks if you take Bell or Brady.

On first blush, not as much low hanging fruit as compared to other years. Will have to absorb more later.

Submitted garbage entry in the hope of getting a low entry number :)

-QG
So we can submit our team now and change it as many times as we want before the first game?
There is an immense amount of strategy that goes into winning this thing. It's been debated ad naseum over the years and often threads have carried over for pages and pages in the Shark Pool. Clearly you have to ultimately end up with players that perform well. But by the end game, the issue will be that many teams have the same players, so it's like playing Texas Hold 'em where the community cards help everybody.

The sad thing is, if I did happen to do well I can't win anything since I'm one of the lucky few who live in Iowa. Stupid gambling laws.

The sad thing is, if I did happen to do well I can't win anything since I'm one of the lucky few who live in Iowa. Stupid gambling laws.
And yeah, you can change your entry as many times as possible before they close out entries at whatever time it says on the rules.

Generally the low-hanging fruit doesn't reveal itself until later on in the month.

-QG

Early candidates for high ownership % below. RB seems particularly difficult in my opinion

QB:

Roethlisberger

Romo

Carr

RB:

Abdullah

Peterson

CJ Anderson

WR:

Kendall Wright

Stevie Johnson

Harvin

Strong

Calvin Johnson

TE:

Graham

Rudolph

Eifert

Maxx

p̢̲̰ͦͅr̘̖̣͍̜͇̫ͯe̦̱̜̝̊̌ͯ̓͂̊t̶̪̰̜̬͕̠t̮̙͈̜͍̖͖͂̅y҉̞̘̩̟̬ tough gơ̳̖͉͓͚̩̄ͤ̍ing so far trying tơ̳̖͉͓͚̩̄ͤ̍ p̢̲̰ͦͅiiiiick a team I like̵̸̞͔̟͙͙̝̠̺͉̭͗̈́͛̊͛̽̚͝.

Ties in all rounds prior to the 250 cutoff will advance. For final standings, tiebreakers will be used for exact two week totals.

That should be three, right?

Early candidates for high ownership % below. RB seems particularly difficult in my opinion

QB:

Roethlisberger

Romo

Carr

RB:

Abdullah

Peterson

CJ Anderson

WR:

Kendall Wright

Stevie Johnson

Harvin

Strong

Calvin Johnson

TE:

Graham

Rudolph

Eifert

Maxx
At 1st pass I only have one of those guys.

QB:

Roethlisberger

Romo

Carr

RB:

Abdullah

Peterson

CJ Anderson

WR:

Kendall Wright

Stevie Johnson

Harvin

Strong

Calvin Johnson

TE:

Graham

Rudolph

Eifert

Maxx
At 1st pass I only have one of those guys.
I had 3 at first, will definitely have one (barring injury).

I'm betting the most commonly owned player isn't on the above list.

My roster has 26 players with the following breakdown:

QB

QB

QB

RB

RB

RB

RB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

WR

WR

WR

WR

TE

TE

TE

TE

PK

PK

PK

D
D
D

QB:

Roethlisberger

Romo

Carr

RB:

Abdullah

Peterson

CJ Anderson

WR:

Kendall Wright

Stevie Johnson

Harvin

Strong

Calvin Johnson

TE:

Graham

Rudolph

Eifert

Maxx
my 1st submission has 2 of these players.

this will be my first year participating. just filled out my lineup for fun. didn't even think to include more than 1 PK or D, but based on reading some posts in this topic, maybe its smart to have more than 1?

this will be my first year participating. just filled out my lineup for fun. didn't even think to include more than 1 PK or D, but based on reading some posts in this topic, maybe its smart to have more than 1?
Ya, I prefer 3 over 2.... but you at least need 2 IMO

Yeah, once the bigger cutdown weeks start happening, 2-3 points could make the difference between advancing and not.

You need minimum of 2 IMO, just to account for bye weeks.

I made some notes last year after browsing some teams that did really well. TBD whether that does me a bit of good this year.

Make sure you leave some money left over to pick up some players mid contest in case one of your studs goes down early.

Users who are viewing this thread