What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

I'm not tweaking anymore. The Science of Statistics™ has spit out the correct team that will win it all and I just submitted it.

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32

Here's mine. I like having little on Week 10/11 byes. Just a matter of making that far...

QB - 3/$30

RB - 6/$74

WR - 8/$86

TE - 4/$40

K - 2/$6

DT - 2/$14

Byes

4 - $14

5 - $44

6 - $55

7 - $49

8 - $23

9 - $46

10 - $8

11 - $11

Scoresman said:
I'm not tweaking anymore. The Science of Statistics has spit out the correct team that will win it all and I just submitted it.

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32
How do you spend 57$ on TE ... Gronk, Olsen and Watson (or maxx) it's like the guy in my draft who went 1.01 Gronk 2.12 Olsen 3.01 Kelce.... Yes you have the top tight ends but points wise they just are not in the same category as RB and WR...

But I digress and look forward to my 118$ RB vs your TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scoresman said:
I'm not tweaking anymore. The Science of Statistics has spit out the correct team that will win it all and I just submitted it.

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32
How do you spend 57$ on TE ... Gronk, Olsen and Watson (or maxx) it's like the guy in my draft who went 1.01 Gronk 2.12 Olsen 3.01 Kelce.... Yes you have the top tight ends but points wise they just are not in the same category as RB and WR...

Not true. TEs score more in this points system at their price tag than RBs. At least they are projected to by most people.

Scoresman said:

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32
How do you spend 57$ on TE ... Gronk, Olsen and Watson (or maxx) it's like the guy in my draft who went 1.01 Gronk 2.12 Olsen 3.01 Kelce.... Yes you have the top tight ends but points wise they just are not in the same category as RB and WR... But I digress and look forward to my 118$ RB vs your TE.
For a long time I was tossing around the idea of a lineup that featured Gronk, Olsen, and Kelce. At 1.5 PPR for TE's there is potential for some monster weeks. In the end though I ended up going with just one of those guys and spreading more of the money elsewhere.

I'm finished... Haha and soon the contest time limit will garentee that...

Super stacked RB

Fliers on TE and WR

Hope my prediction of a low ### week 5 comes true.

The good old days of guys not reading rules are over and a lot more teams too. I think last year some real cuts happened week 3 and 4 with guys taking injured and suspended players hoping for no cut till week 4 (and super low due to horrible teams).

Scoresman said:

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32

Based on the FBG projections, Gronk will outscore the best RB by 40 points. Olson will outscore any equally priced RB by 70 points and is about equal to a top 5 RB who costs $10 more. Your RBs won't touch his TEs.

Scoresman said:

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32

You spend $57 on TEs by checking the little box by the right number of TEs to make it add up to $57. HTH.

Scoresman said:

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32
How do you spend 57$ on TE ... Gronk, Olsen and Watson (or maxx) it's like the guy in my draft who went 1.01 Gronk 2.12 Olsen 3.01 Kelce.... Yes you have the top tight ends but points wise they just are not in the same category as RB and WR...But I digress and look forward to my 118$ RB vs your TE.
Based on the FBG projections, Gronk will outscore the best RB by 40 points. Olson will outscore any equally priced RB by 70 points and is about equal to a top 5 RB who costs $10 more. Your RBs won't touch his TEs.
Lol you only looked at one side of the coin, you then need to compare the RB's he is left choosing vs my TE's......

Doesn't matter anyway, it's why I love this contest. You change your team a 1000 times just to get wiped out in week 7 or 8 because a crazy streamer week crushes the cut line IE: Big Ben and Brown week 8 and 9 last year. Or the year before I don't remember the kicker but like 85% owned and had a rediculous week so anyone that took a 3 or 5 from their kickers were hosed lol.

Still like this better than any other draft!

Scoresman said:

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32
How do you spend 57$ on TE ... Gronk, Olsen and Watson (or maxx) it's like the guy in my draft who went 1.01 Gronk 2.12 Olsen 3.01 Kelce.... Yes you have the top tight ends but points wise they just are not in the same category as RB and WR...But I digress and look forward to my 118$ RB vs your TE.
Lol you only looked at one side of the coin, you then need to compare the RB's he is left choosing vs my TE's......

Doesn't matter anyway, it's why I love this contest. You change your team a 1000 times just to get wiped out in week 7 or 8 because a crazy streamer week crushes the cut line IE: Big Ben and Brown week 8 and 9 last year. Or the year before I don't remember the kicker but like 85% owned and had a rediculous week so anyone that took a 3 or 5 from their kickers were hosed lol.

Foolish to diss having 2 stud TE's in this contest.

QB - $27

RB - $86

WR - $77

TE - $40

K - $6

D - $14

4 - $55

5 - $61

6 - $48

7 - $40

8 - $13

9 - $10

10 - $11

11 - $11

Think I missed a dollar somewhere on bye weeks, but this is the one.

Final team?

QB= $23

RB= $94

WR= $86

TE= $23

PK= $8

TD= $16

BYES:

4= $7

5= $38

6= $29

7= $22

8= $28

9= $46

10=$55

11=$25

Don't love money stacked on a week 10 bye. Hmm.
that's pretty much the only reason I don't have Julio.

QB - $29

RB - $72

WR - $68

TE - $59

PK - $8

TD - $14

BYES:

4= $33

5= $39

6= $57

7= $52

8= $13

9= $7

10=$38

11=$11

:oldunsure: might need to change some weeks 6 ot 7 to 8 or 9. :wall:

Scoresman said:

20 players

QB - $15

RB - $96

WR $67

TE - $57

PK - $6

D - $9

Byes

4 - $36

5 - $39

6 - $46

7 - $22

8 - $15

9 - $52

10 - $8

11 - $32

Foolish to diss having 2 stud TE's in this contest.
FWIW, I'm probably rolling with 3 semi-studs.

This will be my smallest roster in quite a few years. Which makes me a bit nervous.
In years, past there were always some really low $ guys that I felt certain would make a big impact that allowed me to build bigger rosters that still had some good studs on them.

2014 gave us:
RB: Forsett ($3), Asiata ($2), CJ Anderson ($9)
WR: Benjamin ($5), Beckham Jr. ($4), LaFell ($3), and Landry ($3),

I see a few guys in the $4-$6 range that I believe will have good value, but not sure if any of them present as much value as those guys from 2014. Of course, if I knew before the 2014 season started what I know now, I would have rostered all of those guys (I did not).

This is what I ended up with this year:

QB - 2 for $21
RB - 4 for $79
WR - 7 for $88
TE - 2 for $39
PK - 3 for $11
TD - 3 for $12

Week 4 - 1 player ($14)
Week 5 - 2 players ($26)
Week 6 - 3 players ($32)
Week 7 - 4 players ($58)
Week 8 - 2 players ($43)
Week 9 - 3 players ($23)
Week 10 - 2 players ($15)
Week 11 - 4 players ($34)

And I really am done this time. No more changes.
Wait...I'm reading the John Brown thread and he's not on my roster...so...

Think I'm done. I think this is the largest roster (27) that I've ever put into it.

QB - 3 for $31

RB - 8 for $90

WR - 8 for $85

TE - 3 for $27

PK - 3 for $7

TD - 3 for $10

Week 5 is only week where I have more than $50 on bye.

QB x 4 = $35

RB x 5 = $72

WR x 10 = $103

TE x 4 = $27

PK x 3 = $6

TD x 2 = $7

28 = $250

Went with guys that should see a lot of playing time regardless of price. Less expensive does not mean less production.

I have 2 of 4 RBs (my top 2) on bye week7. I'm seriously considering keeping it.

I love the roster. On the chance I survive that week, I think it could go deep. If it doesn't, oh well.

I have 2 of 4 RBs (my top 2) on bye week7. I'm seriously considering keeping it.

I love the roster. On the chance I survive that week, I think it could go deep. If it doesn't, oh well.
Similar. I have 4 RBs at $20+ range with two of them with a week 11 bye. I have another cheap rb and a 29 man roster total so I'm sticking with it.

I wish we could buy additional entries at a lower cost. I've already paid the $30 for the subscription and I'd be totally down to do 1 or 2 more teams at $15 or so each. I would love to apply different strategies without having to wait a year in between each :(

I wish we could buy additional entries at a lower cost. I've already paid the $30 for the subscription and I'd be totally down to do 1 or 2 more teams at $15 or so each. I would love to apply different strategies without having to wait a year in between each :(
If you do the early bird it is like 26 per subscription. So 52 bucks. Why let 7 dollars stop you?

Well I figured I'd do what I did last year and fill out a roster on the last night, give it an hours worth of thought, and not overthink it. I made it to week 10 or 11 last year and that was with Peterson out all year and Palmer missing most of it so here goes nothing.

I don't get any insight from lists of player positions and dollar values. I realize this is a competitive thread and nobody is spoilers aren't allowed yet, but I am more interested in the premise behind the lineups. Is bye stacking ideal or to be avoided? Maybe a lineup can sneak thru an early cutoff and still survive? How many PKs and DTs are optimal? What's the bare minimum QBs to roster and how many RBs and WRs are too many?

If you do the early bird it is like 26 per subscription. So 52 bucks. Why let 7 dollars stop you?
I don't get the urge to do more until I've spent hours on it through the preseason

Well I figured I'd do what I did last year and fill out a roster on the last night, give it an hours worth of thought, and not overthink it. I made it to week 10 or 11 last year and that was with Peterson out all year and Palmer missing most of it so here goes nothing.
I always do it today

Its like wrapping presents on Christmas Eve

I always do it today

Its like wrapping presents on Christmas Eve
Good analogy, maybe thats why I wait til now, the night before the season kicks off and all my drafts are done as well :thumbup:

I don't get any insight from lists of player positions and dollar values. I realize this is a competitive thread and nobody is spoilers aren't allowed yet, but I am more interested in the premise behind the lineups. Is bye stacking ideal or to be avoided? Maybe a lineup can sneak thru an early cutoff and still survive? How many PKs and DTs are optimal? What's the bare minimum QBs to roster and how many RBs and WRs are too many?
bye stacking coincides with uniqueness. The ideal situation IMO is to have the best players make it through that nobody else does. For example, if you're able to survive week 7 with Rodgers, Cobb and Lacy, you're in a pretty good position going forward. If you bye stack you're risking a higher rate of losing that week but it could pay off. But you could take the stance that you'll survive by attrition, your team makes it through every week while the other owners of your players lose throughout the year. I'm more inclined to go with attrition.

no idea on the rest, I just take players I like and think will do well. so of course, I haven't won anything yet.

qb 21

rb 86

wr 84

TE 48

PK 4

TD 7

250 total

20 players

Ugh really worried about my TE situation. I went WR heavy to make up for it.

4 QB 33

5 RB 86

8 WR 80

2 TE 19

3 PK 12

3 D 20

I like my team and I am not hurt by any bye week, but I say the same thing year after year and I have never made it past like Week 7.

Ugh really worried about my TE situation. I went WR heavy to make up for it.

4 QB 33

5 RB 86

8 WR 80

2 TE 19

3 PK 12

3 D 20

I like my team and I am not hurt by any bye week, but I say the same thing year after year and I have never made it past like Week 7.
Me personally I can't see spending $19 on TE in a contest where they get 1.5 PPR. I myself have $63 invested in the position.

Gronk in ,

Gronk out,

Gronk in,

Gronk out ,

every time I set my lineup I change my mind vis-a-vis Mr Gronkowski

Well it took 2 hours instead of 1 hr but im sticking with:

QB - 3/$36
RB - 6/$69
WR - 9/$89
TE - 5/$44
K - 2/$4
D - 1/$8

Bye $:

week 4 - $20
5- $36
6- $17
7- $42
8- $55
9- $33
10- $34
11- $13

Every year there is a few 1 qb guys, someone always takes 12 kickers with the rational one will break out every week (last year Big Ben and Brown carried him far). And the all qb's guy that doesn't read the rules. My favorite the all bye week 4 guy that hopes for a zero cut line.

Every year there is a few 1 qb guys, someone always takes 12 kickers with the rational one will break out every week (last year Big Ben and Brown carried him far). And the all qb's guy that doesn't read the rules. My favorite the all bye week 4 guy that hopes for a zero cut line.
I don't think these are legit strategies. I think these are people that live in states where they can't win cash prizes. So they throw something crazy together to see how well they can do for fun.

I don't think these are legit strategies. I think these are people that live in states where they can't win cash prizes. So they throw something crazy together to see how well they can do for fun.
Dont doubt these strategies. Anything is possible, if you are winning in your own mind, then you are winning at life.

I have the feeling I'm settled. Given that I've never made the final I'm a little nervous about the fact that my spending pattern is almost exactly the same as last year.

Will post after the lock.

-QG

By Position:

QB - $27

RB - $103

WR - $93

TE - $15

PK - $4

DEF - $8

Byes:

4 - $30

5 - $5

6 - $14

7 - $41

8 - $56

9 - $26

10 - $32

11 - $46

Just a heads up, I'll be running the live scoring again this year, but it's highly unlikely that I'll have time tomorrow to get all of the rosters set up in time to get scoring going for the Thursday night game. I should have everything ready to go in time for the early Sunday games though.
Thank you for doing this again this year. Each Sunday, I pull up each site for the leagues i am in as well as your site.

I think I enjoy this contest more than regular fantasy football.

I just sent my 2015 donation to you.

I entered twice again this year and went with my largest team ever and my smallest team ever.

Went all stud, which I see as a boom or bust. The other one has one stud in each position, then several at different price points.

I struggled to find any real value or upside with the really low priced players, so we we will see what happens.

Good luck everyone.

You have twenty minutes to copy the winner:

Your team has been successfully entered.

QB - Tom Brady - NE/4 - $14

QB - Tyrod Taylor - BUF/8 - $5

QB - Kirk Cousins - WAS/8 - $3

RB - C.J. Anderson - DEN/7 - $27

RB - Jeremy Hill - CIN/7 - $25

RB - Todd Gurley - STL/6 - $22

RB - Doug Martin - TB/6 - $12

WR - Julio Jones - ATL/10 - $26

WR - John Brown - ARI/9 - $12

WR - Davante Adams - GB/7 - $9

WR - Allen Hurns - JAX/8 - $6

WR - Phillip Dorsett - IND/10 - $5

WR - Eddie Royal - CHI/7 - $4

WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/9 - $3

WR - Danny Amendola - NE/4 - $3

WR - Corey Brown - CAR/5 - $2

TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE/4 - $33

TE - Greg Olsen - CAR/5 - $21

PK - Sebastian Janikowski - OAK/6 - $2

PK - Josh Scobee - PIT/11 - $2

PK - Ryan Succop - TEN/4 - $2

TD - Indianapolis Colts - IND/10 - $5

TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - JAX/8 - $4

TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/4 - $3

It is scary how close are teams are

I have 10 of these.

-QG