What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

Posting because team is a little different than the norm. I went stud heavy at QB, RB and Kicker. Flyer heavy at WR and TE. I did this WR flyer heavy strategy last season and it carried my team a long way. What did me in was missing on my stud RB's Ball and Martin. If I hit on those two, I may have been able to reach the finals.

Crossing my fingers that Cousins is still starting through Luck's bye.

Week 11 I have Bell and Ingram on Bye, but I still have Anderson and Charles to cover for me at RB.

QB - 2 @ 29
RB - 5 @ $113
WR - 12 @ $56
TE - 5 @ 28
D - 3 @ $11
K 2@$15

29 players

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew Luck $26
Kirk Cousins $3

Unless you truly get a rookie RG3 season at a huge discount, the top QB will always outproduce multiple lesser QB's. Even hitting on both mid QB's is not good enough to equal Luck. 2 of [Romo/Wilson/Rothy] last year would not have been good enough to match Luck by himself. I am extremely high on Bradford and Brady but even that combo won't match a normal season for Luck.

LeVeon Bell $32
Jamaal Charles $31
C.J. Anderson $27
Mark Ingram $20
Christine Michael $3

Stud heavy here. The value with the mid and lower RB's just doesn't add up. They aren't volatile enough to have enough high scoring games to make it worth it. Hurns helps me just as much as Woodhead wood and Hurns is a lot cheaper. Coleman+Abdulah for $28 doesn't match the production a stud RB will give you. My exception is Ingram who I think could approach 15+ TD's this year if healthy.

Davante Adams $9
Dorial Green-Beckham $7
Allen Hurns $6
Devin Funchess $5
Phillip Dorsett $5
Eddie Royal $4
Andrew Hawkins $4
Tyler Lockett $3
Aaron Dobson $3
Danny Amendola $3
Marquess Wilson $3
Jarius Wright $2

Flyer heavy. The best ball format with the most volatile position of WR allows us to get the same kind of top weekly points that a stud would for the same cost. You can create consistency with high ceiling guys buy adding a gazzilon of them. I won't be getting those 45 point games that Julio and Calvin get once a season but I get the same amount of 20-30 point games this way. Bonus - this way helps a lot with flex and eliminates almost all by week and injury risks that you take with a high priced player. Bonus 2x - I don't need any of these guys to break out for this strategy to work, but more of these guys increases the chances that I do find a breakout player or two. I tried to avoid any WR that I felt would not be able to contribute 1 or a few 20+ games throughout the season. That's why you don't see Wheaton on here. M Bryant was the Perfect main WR for this group but I dropped him after his suspension+I got excited about DGB.

Owen Daniels $8
Jordan Reed $7
Vernon Davis $7
Ben Watson $3
Scott Chandler $3

Same reasoning for the WR's above. Watson at $3 made me feel more comfortable rostering the other 4 TE's who are all injury risks and guys that could potentially have a lot of crap games. Aside from Watson, I think the other 4 can contribute multiple 20+ point games at random times. I really wanted to add Rivera to this list but I couldn't make it work.

Stephen Gostkowski $8
Adam Vinatieri $7

Stud heavy here. I was set at RB and QB already and adding another WR or TE wouldn't have helped much because of how many I already had. It was this set up or use a $4, $3, $2, $2 for slightly less ppg. I just didn't have any use for the money I would have saved with the latter.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $4
Pittsburgh Steelers $4
Chicago Bears $3

Defense doesn't matter because of the scoring. Last year, only 2.5 ppg separated #2 Houston and #22 NYG. Seattle was the 20th best defense and had almost the same scoring that the Bears did. The only thing I wanted to do here was to avoid the bottom 6 or so teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting because team is a little different than the norm. I went stud heavy at QB, RB and Kicker. Flyer heavy at WR and TE. I did this WR flyer heavy strategy last season and it carried my team a long way. What did me in was missing on my stud RB's Ball and Martin. If I hit on those two, I may have been able to reach the finals.

QB - 2 @ 29
Unless you truly get a rookie RG3 season at a huge discount, the top QB will always outproduce multiple lesser QB's. Even hitting on both mid QB's is not good enough to equal Luck. 2 of [Romo/Wilson/Rothy] last year would not have been good enough to match Luck by himself. I am extremely high on Bradford and Brady but even that combo won't match a normal season for Luck.
Andrew Luck $26
Kirk Cousins $3
RB - 5 @ $113
Stud heavy here. The value with the mid and lower RB's just doesn't add up. They aren't volatile enough to have enough high scoring games to make it worth it. Hurns helps me just as much as Woodhead wood and Hurns is a lot cheaper. Coleman+Abdulah for $28 doesn't match the production a stud RB will give you. My exception is Ingram who I think could approach 15+ TD's this year if healthy.
LeVeon Bell $32
Jamaal Charles $31
C.J. Anderson $27
Mark Ingram $20
Christine Michael $3
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WR - 12 @ $56
Flyer heavy. The best ball format with the most volatile position of WR allows us to get the same kind of top weekly points that a stud would for the same cost. You can create consistency with high ceiling guys buy adding a gazzilon of them. I won't be getting those 45 point games that Julio and Calvin get once a season but I get the same amount of 20-30 point games this way. Bonus - this way helps a lot with flex and eliminates almost all by week and injury risks that you take with a high priced player. Bonus 2x - I don't need any of these guys to break out for this strategy to work, but more of these guys increases the chances that I do find a breakout player or two. I tried to avoid any WR that I felt would not be able to contribute 1 or a few 20+ games throughout the season. That's why you don't see Wheaton on here. M Bryant was the Perfect main WR for this group but I dropped him after his suspension+I got excited about DGB.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Davante Adams $9
Dorial Green-Beckham $7
Allen Hurns $6
Devin Funchess $5
Phillip Dorsett $5
Eddie Royal $4
Andrew Hawkins $4
Tyler Lockett $3
Aaron Dobson $3
Danny Amendola $3
Marquess Wilson $3
Jarius Wright $2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TE - 5 @ 28
Same reasoning for the WR's above. Watson at $3 made me feel more comfortable rostering the other 4 TE's who are all injury risks and guys that could potentially have a lot of crap games. Aside from Watson, I think the other 4 can contribute multiple 20+ point games at random times. I really wanted to add Rivera to this list but I couldn't make it work.
-------------------------------------------------------
Owen Daniels $8
Jordan Reed $7
Vernon Davis $7
Ben Watson $3
Scott Chandler $3
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kickers 2@$15 - Stud heavy here. I was set at RB and QB already and adding another WR or TE wouldn't have helped much because of how many I already had. It was this set up or use a $4, $3, $2, $2 for slightly less ppg. I just didn't have any use for the money I would have saved with the latter.
Stephen Gostkowski $8
Adam Vinatieri $7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
D - 3 @ $11
Defense doesn't matter because of the scoring. Last year, only 2.5 ppg separated #2 Houston and #22 NYG. Seattle was the 20th best defense and had almost the same scoring that the Bears did. The only thing I wanted to do here was to avoid the bottom 6 or so teams.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $4
Pittsburgh Steelers $4
Chicago Bears $3
You do realize Luck was kind of a mid priced quarterback last year?

2 QBs is fine with the right pair, but this year with so many cheap starters, it didnt make much sense going that route.

This was probably my 457th version but I think I'm happy with how it eventually turned out. I liked how thebyes were spread out among the WRs and throughout the team. Week 9 kinda worries me with the late byes for Forsettand Maclin. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tom Brady $14 0.00 bye Carson Palmer $8 0.00 bye Like Brady for the price and even more so now that he's playing a full season. Went back and forth onPalmer vs. two cheaper QBs (Taylor and Cousins or Fitzpatrick). Ultimately I was worried any ofthem could lose their job mid-season so rolled with Palmer who I think could count quite a few weekswith his WRs. Would have preferred to have a 3rd QB but hopefully Brady's early bye helps. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Justin Forsett $25 0.00 bye Frank Gore $22 0.00 bye LeGarrette Blount $16 0.00 bye Chris Ivory $15 0.00 bye Christine Michael $3 0.00 bye Like Forsett's PPR potential. Had CJ Anderson as my no. 1 RB for the longest time but needed theextra $ elsewhere. Gore, Blount, Ivory all have potential to have weeks with multiple TDs.Also liked Ingram here. Michael is a complete flyer. For $3 I'll take the chance. If he eventuallywins the Dallas job he will be a difference maker in this contest. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Brandin Cooks $21 0.00 bye Amari Cooper $19 0.00 bye Allen Robinson $17 0.00 bye Jeremy Maclin $16 0.00 bye Davante Adams $9 0.00 bye Steve Johnson $8 0.00 bye Tyler Lockett $3 0.00 bye Like most I had Julio Jones for the longest time. Eventually gave in and swapped him out for twocheaper WRs. Cooks, Cooper, Maclin and Robinson will all be their teams WR1. Adams in theGB offense and at that price is a no-brainer. Lockett is another cheap flyer thatcould pay off big. At the very least in this contest you get points for return TDs. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Greg Olsen $21 0.00 bye Martellus Bennett $18 0.00 bye Scott Chandler $3 0.00 bye Never once had Gronk on any of my teams. Preferred slightly lower ranked TEs paired with a good TE.Had Olsen or Bennett on most attempts with 3 other TEs (Eifert, Rudolph, Rodgers, etc) beforedeciding at the last minute to pair the two of Olsen and Bennett. Hopefully with the two I'llmatch Gronk's production and the second TE is another opportunity at a flex score. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sebastian Janikowski $2 0.00 bye Josh Scobee $2 0.00 bye Ryan Succop $2 0.00 bye ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oakland Raiders $3 0.00 bye Tennessee Titans $3 0.00 bye ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Good luck all

2 QBs is fine with the right pair, but this year with so many cheap starters, it didnt make much sense going that route.
Used Brady and Cousins. Was nagging me that it would come back to bite me and went to add another QB Wednesday morning. Logged on and the contest was closed. :frustratedbanana;

If any of the bottom 145 are regular posters here, they need to be called out and forced to march their walk of shame.

---------------------------------------------

Ben Roethlisberger $18

Tom Brady $14

Kirk Cousins $3

I think Roesthlisberger has a realistic chance at finishing in the top 3 for fantasy QBs, so I love the value. Brady will have some quiet games, but I think with Ben and Brady I will score a lot of points at the QB position in this contest. I know some will laugh at the Kirk Cousins pick, but I don’t like a QB injury limiting my scoring at the position.

C.J. Anderson $27

Lamar Miller $24

Ryan Mathews $8

Matt Jones $7

Christine Michael $3

Love CJ this year. I think he’s going to be a monster. I had Frank Gore in that Lamar Miller slot forever, and I hope I don’t end up regretting the replacement. I think Ryan Matthews has a great shot at being a star for at least a handful of games if Murray gets hurt. I don’t know if Matt Jones will get a ton of carries, but of all the cheap RBs, I think he has the best shot at potential stud ability.

Dez Bryant $30

Julio Jones $26

Allen Robinson $17

Davante Adams $9

Steve Johnson $8

Eddie Royal $4

I think Bryant finishes with the most WR points this season. I don’t care that Julio is on every team. Love Julio this year. I thought about Maclin in place of Robinson. But I think that Robinson has a better shot at stud-level production than Maclin. I think Stevie Johnson could be the steal of this contest. I know that Adams and Royal are on a lot of teams. Don’t care. They are bargains.

Travis Kelce $20

Owen Daniels $8

Ben Watson $3

Kelce has value at that price. I think Daniels could have a handful of explosive games this season. Watson is a gamble. But it could pay off big.

Nick Novak $4

Cairo Santos $4

Blah blah.

Miami Dolphins $7

Cincinnati Bengals $5

Blah blah.

Sam Bradford $13

Derek Carr $7
Kirk Cousins $3
---------------------
Mark Ingram $20
Chris Ivory $15
Ameer Abdullah $14
Isaiah Crowell $13
Danny Woodhead $12
Christine Michael $3
------------------------
Julio Jones $26
Brandin Cooks $21
John Brown $12
Davante Adams $9
Markus Wheaton $5
Eddie Royal $4
--------------------------
Rob Gronkowski $33
Owen Daniels $8
Crockett Gillmore $4
Maxx Williams $3
-------------------------
Dan Carpenter $3
Josh Scobee $2
Sebastian Janikowski $2
-----------------------------
Arizona Cardinals $7
Miami Dolphins $7
Cleveland Browns $4

32.4% QB - Tom Brady - NE/4 - $14

7.0% QB - Marcus Mariota - TEN/4 - $7

18.9% QB - Kirk Cousins - WAS/8 - $3

10.1% RB - LeVeon Bell - PIT/11 - $32

9.6% RB - Marshawn Lynch - SEA/9 - $27

21.8% RB - C.J. Anderson - DEN/7 - $27

37.3% RB - Doug Martin - TB/6 - $12

36.5% WR - Julio Jones - ATL/10 - $26

11.9% WR - Calvin Johnson - DET/9 - $25

56.6% WR - Davante Adams - GB/7 - $9

19.8% WR - Devin Funchess - CAR/5 - $5

32.0% WR - Markus Wheaton - PIT/11 - $5

36.4% WR - Eddie Royal - CHI/7 - $4

15.6% WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/9 - $3

5.6% WR - Corey Brown - CAR/5 - $2

2.6% WR - Jarius Wright - MIN/5 - $2

24.3% TE - Tyler Eifert - CIN/7 - $9

6.8% TE - Jordan Reed - WAS/8 - $7

18.5% TE - Richard Rodgers - GB/7 - $5

8.0% TE - Ben Watson - NO/11 - $3

3.3% TE - Virgil Green - DEN/7 - $3

31.3% PK - Sebastian Janikowski - OAK/6 - $2

5.8% PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/8 - $2

36.8% PK - Josh Scobee - PIT/11 - $2

6.9% PK - Ryan Succop - TEN/4 - $2

2.5% TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/8 - $3

5.6% TD - New Orleans Saints - NO/11 - $3

5.7% TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL/10 - $3

7.4% TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/4 - $3

There are 2 ways to fill a starting slot: you can throw money at it (pay up for a stud) or you can throw numbers at it (draft a bunch of cheap adequate guys and take advantage of best ball).

Throwing money at it gives you a higher ceiling each week (huge games usually come from top players), but a lower floor (almost everyone has some off games, plus there are byes & injuries). Throwing numbers at it is limited by the number of adequate cheap options available (more at some positions than at others), plus there are diminishing returns to adding more low-ceiling players (especially at the non-flexable positions). Since there is both a salary cap and a roster size cap, there isn't really a choice between the 2 approaches, just a question of how to blend them.

There is also the intermediate strategy of going after mid-range guys, but they don't have the weekly ceiling that studs do and it's hard to outscore a pack of cheap guys. So I think mid-range guys are usually only worth getting when they are especially undervalued, and either high-weekly-ceiling or cheapish ($10 or less).

Starting from the bottom of my roster, where it is most distinctive:

Defense is the obvious place to throw numbers at it, since scoring is so unpredictable from year-to-year and so variable from week-to-week. Every defense has about the same weekly ceiling. Each extra defense on your roster gives you another chance at hitting on this year's 2014 Eagles, and another chance of having the team that gets a pick-6 that week. I didn't particularly like any of the $4 or $5 options, so I went to the extreme with 4 minimum-price defenses. Apparently only 1.2% of teams took this sort of approach (4+ TD for $15 or less).

Kicker is nearly as week-to-week variable as defense (though significantly more predictable year-to-year, thanks to XPs). It's not quite as variable, but minimum-price kickers cost 2/3 as much as minimum-price defenses, so I went with 4 again. 1.6% of teams took this sort of approach (4+ PK for $10 or less). I think my total PK+TD spending is pretty close to average, and I'd much rather spend $20 this way than shell out for the high-priced options.

RBs are overpriced compared to the other flexable positions - a RB costs a few bucks more than a WR or TE that is projected to put up similar fpts. And there aren't really any cheap adequate value plays at RB. The solution: take as few RBs as possible. 4 is the minimum that doesn't have a huge risk of leaving a hole in my lineup, so that's what I did. This is a place where it's worth throwing money at it, because the elite guys are less likely to leave that hole in my lineup than the riskier mid-range guys, and the elite guys aren't any more overpriced than the mid-range guys. So I went with L Bell who is the cream of the crop (especially when the first 2 weeks don't matter much), Lynch & Anderson who are cheapish for stud RBs, and one unusually good mid-range value play in Doug Martin (which 37% of owners took advantage of).

I thought of WR & TE as basically one position, "flex" (with the caveat that I do need to be strong enough at each to fill out my non-flex starters). There are a ton of good value plays at WR/TE - both cheap guys ($5 or less) and lower-mid-range guys ($6-$10). So this is prime "throw numbers at it" territory. I took 12 of the <$10 options (and 14 WR/TEs in total), including many of the obvious popular value guys. There were several others that I was tempted by, but these 12 put me near the roster size limit and probably also into diminishing returns territory. I had to spend my money somewhere, so I threw it at Julio & Calvin (the same duo I ended up with in Anarchy) since they were among the least expensive of the studs. Gronk is the top player in this format, but I couldn't justify spending the extra $8 over Calvin.

Quarterback was the trickiest position to strategize about. On the one hand, the way to score the most at QB is to have a top QB - a pack of mid-range QBs won't catch up to the huge games put up by the top QBs. On the other hand, the gap that a top QB has on a trio of mid-range QBs is not that big, which suggests that it might be worth punting the position, going with 3-4 cheap guys, and making up the fpts elsewhere. But the cheap QB options ($5 or less) have a pretty big downside, which is that they might not make it through the year as starters. After much deliberation and mind-changing, I ended up going with Brady as a relatively affordable play with a shot at top 3 numbers, plus Mariota as a cheapish undervalued option (a safe starter with a high ceiling), and Cousins to cheaply round things out (including filling in for that week 4 bye).
I disagree with you on TE and think you greatly undervalued the position but otherwise that is one great write-up and strategy.

Owen Daniels $8
Jordan Reed $7
Vernon Davis $7
Ben Watson $3
Scott Chandler $3

another undervaluing of TE IMO and why would you not take V. Green with Daniels with this strategy? He's a lot more valuable with your plan than Watson.

------------------------------

Andrew Luck $26
Kirk Cousins $3
2 QBs is scary
when one is far from a lock to keep the job even if healthy, agreed. Spend the extra $4 and take MM, Carr or Bortles.

Tom Brady $14

Sam Bradford $13

Derek Carr $7

-----------

Lamar Miller $24

Joseph Randle $22

Jonathan Stewart $18

Ameer Abdullah $14

Duke Johnson $12

Matt Jones $7

Terrance West $4

-------------

Julio Jones $26

DeSean Jackson $19

Charles Johnson $16

John Brown $12

Steve Johnson $8

Markus Wheaton $5

Marquess Wilson $3

--------------

Jordan Reed $7

Jacob Tamme $4

Virgil Green $3

---------------

Sebastian Janikowski $2

Josh Scobee $2

----------------

Cleveland Browns $4

Jacksonville Jaguars $4

Pretty self-explanatory. Most are cheaper, riskier but high-upside picks.

Second guessing myself? On the Bradford pick. Could have used that $ at the bottom of my WR's or top of my TE's.

I go cheap on K's and D's. They can hurt you. But it seems most years I get booted because I have some disaster at QB, RB or WR, not at TE, K, or D.

All one has to do is read the rosters posted in this thread to figure out who the heavily hyped players were this pre-season. Lots of rosters with Abdulla, Martin, Royal, Wheaton, Eifert, Lockett, Adams ,etc.

Is anyone doing live scoring this year?

My bad if already posted, but I don't feel like searching the thread.

First, let me say that I started out with the goal to have a 30 player roster. I have never had a roster of that size and I know most of the entries that make it to the end are smaller, stud filled rosters - the chances of winning anything are pretty slim so I just wanted to have some fun and max out the number of players.

Tom Brady $14
Sam Bradford $13
Mark Sanchez $6

Brady at that price and early bye week is too good to pass up. Bradford + Sanchez (unless both get hurt obviously) guarantees the PHI QB for $19 which I think is good value. I've ridden the PHI QB in my regular leagues since C. Kelly has entered the league (Vick, Foles, and even Sanchez in my championship game last year) to good success. I considered other lower priced QBs instead, but I would rather have the Sanchez insurance policy instead of those guys Cousins, Taylor, etc. If these guys were guaranteed to start all year, I would have considered it more. Again, I just viewed it as getting the PHI QB for $19 and the PHI QB has been good to me for the last few seasons.

LeVeon Bell $32
Danny Woodhead $12
Ryan Mathews $8
Knile Davis $8
Matt Jones $7
James Starks $6
Cameron Artis-Payne $4
Christine Michael $3

I love L. Bell and he was on my roster the whole time. Woodhead should be good in PPR. Mathews should get some love in a rotation in PHI and would become the lead dog if Murray goes down. K. Davis and J. Starks are solid/clear number 2 backs who will have some decent weeks, but could step right into the starters role if an injury occurs. M Jones may earn more PT as the season progresses so he's my 2nd half stud back. Artis-Payne #2 in CAR. C. Michael - complete flier but could pay off huge.

So basically 1 stud, 1 PPR guy and a bunch of backups with high ceiling if the become the lead back.

Julio Jones $26
Jarvis Landry $15
Davante Adams $9
Devin Funchess $5
Markus Wheaton $5
Eddie Royal $4
Cole Beasley $4
Tyler Lockett $3
Tavon Austin $3

J. Jones - stud. J. Landry should be steady in PPR. E. Royal is a starter at that price, has a history with Cutler, can't pass that up. Adams, Funchess, Wheaton. Beasley, Lockett, Austin - a bunch of low cost high variance guys.

Rob Gronkowski $33
Richard Rodgers $5
Virgil Green $3
Ben Watson $3

Gronk - stud. Three other guys who could have some big weeks, and they don't cost much.

Randy Bullock $3
Josh Scobee $2
Sebastian Janikowski $

Just some cheap kickers, Scobee was a must after the trade to the Steelers.

------------------------
Indianapolis Colts $5
Jacksonville Jaguars $4
Oakland Raiders $3

Colts, Jags, Raiders - 3 low cost Ds who I think will be better than expected.

Is anyone doing live scoring this year?

My bad if already posted, but I don't feel like searching the thread.
I don't think Ignoratio Elenchi is doing it. I think he got a new job because of it, actually. (That's what he said earlier.)

But I don't know if anybody else is.

First, let me say that I started out with the goal to have a 30 player roster. I have never had a roster of that size and I know most of the entries that make it to the end are smaller, stud filled rosters - the chances of winning anything are pretty slim so I just wanted to have some fun and max out the number of players.

Tom Brady $14
Sam Bradford $13
Mark Sanchez $6

Brady at that price and early bye week is too good to pass up. Bradford + Sanchez (unless both get hurt obviously) guarantees the PHI QB for $19 which I think is good value. I've ridden the PHI QB in my regular leagues since C. Kelly has entered the league (Vick, Foles, and even Sanchez in my championship game last year) to good success. I considered other lower priced QBs instead, but I would rather have the Sanchez insurance policy instead of those guys Cousins, Taylor, etc. If these guys were guaranteed to start all year, I would have considered it more. Again, I just viewed it as getting the PHI QB for $19 and the PHI QB has been good to me for the last few seasons.
I have the same 3 . The Eagles QB position for $19 including insurance is a sweet deal

When I say luck I mean "the top qb". I think he was $20 last year vs Aaron Rodgers at 25ish? My point is the top scoring qb is going to out produce virtually any best ball combo of qb's for the same price. The strategy here should be to aim to roster the #1 qb no matter what price. If it's cheaper than $26,thats a nice bonus for you. Rostering the #1 and #18th qb is better than rostering the #3 and #5 qb, for example

When I say luck I mean "the top qb". I think he was $20 last year vs Aaron Rodgers at 25ish? My point is the top scoring qb is going to out produce virtually any best ball combo of qb's for the same price. The strategy here should be to aim to roster the #1 qb no matter what price. If it's cheaper than $26,thats a nice bonus for you. Rostering the #1 and #18th qb is better than rostering the #3 and #5 qb, for example
I rostered Luck but in a best ball format I disagree. There will be plenty of mid priced combos that keep pace or even outdo Luck.

Peyton was 32.

You could have taken Brady, and Wilson last year and out paced Peyton or Rodgers for about the same price.

So Scobee is 1 of 3. Interestingly, the announcers said Pittsburgh replaced the holder on the last FG. Holder issue or Scobee issue?

LACES OUT!!!!!

I rostered Luck but in a best ball format I disagree. There will be plenty of mid priced combos that keep pace or even outdo Luck.
Well that's just not true. It's not a matter of opinion, it's the numbers.Last year,

luck+bortles best ball scored 452 points through 17 weeks

Brees+Peyton best ball (the #3 and #4 scoring qbs) scored 451 through 17 weeks and cost a lot more

What happens is a lot of the 15-25 point games that the unused qb gets each week do not get counted in best ball and go to waste. It seems like you have 2 near stud qb's but you are only getting half of thier value out of each.

are they really going to drop the bottom 145?
Not before the contest starts, if that's what you are thinking.Week 1 cuts to 13,500, it's on the rules page.
right but 145 get cut week 1 and then 2500 week 2....seems harsh....
Yes, in today's America it would....everybody gets to win!!
LOL hall of fame answer right there!

Keep in mind there are atleast 500 teams that don't read the rules and will choose all QB's because they score the highest but they don't read oy one counts. Just like the fine folks who all thought the cutoff was tonight..., I quote my wife "reading give it a shot"

Predicted cutoff 46pts!

Prediction 2 Gronk goes down week 6

Prediction 3 luck Fitz doesn't start week 11 lol

Best contest ever all the trash talk and nothing anyone can do but watch the train wreck that is subscriber contest.

Okay... I'm a proponent of large rosters, but to be honest, I figured I would swing for the fences this year. So I went with a smaller roster this year.

QB Cost: $17

• Marcus Mariota $7
  • Derek Carr $7
  • Kirk Cousins $3
I really liked the Cousins value at $3. While Washington is a train wreck, I think they will be throwing a lot and giving Cousins opportunity. As for Mariota and Carr, I think OAK will be better than expected and I was hoping Mariota would be on a lower number of rosters. With 3 QBs at $17 total, that gave me opportunity to invest heavy in other areas.

RB Cost: $79

• Adrian Peterson $32
  • Eddie Lacy $32
  • Bishop Sankey $12
  • Christine Michael $3
Strategy here was to run the gauntlet with 2 RBs: Peterson and Lacy. I needed a bye week filler and I was hoping if Tennessee figures out what they are doing, they will continue to stick with Sankey for some of the carriers. For a $3 flyer on Christine Michael, if he gets behind the Dallas O-line, I thought he would be solid. This is the riskiest area of my team. Bottom-line, I have to get through Week 7 which is Lacy's bye week. After that, I think the team has a shot.

WR Cost: $95

• Dez Bryant $30
  • Julio Jones $26
  • Jeremy Maclin $16
  • Pierre Garcon $13
  • Cole Beasley $4
  • Tyler Lockett $3
  • Tavon Austin $3
I liked the value at WR. Ideally, I expect a flex coming out of this area. With Dez and Julio, I feel that those are two solid starters week in and week out to carry the team. Maclin and Garcon I figured are solid mid-tier WRs hat will contribute as flex occasionally. Beasley looked great in preseason and may be that surprise WR this year, so I felt it was worth a flier. Locket. No idea, I just liked his crazy return TD the 3rd week in preseason. As for Austin, STL is always talking about making opportunities for him to get in space. For $3, WTH.

TE Cost: $45

• Greg Olsen $21
  • Martellus Bennett $18
  • Ladarius Green $6
Spending money in TE is always a good decision with 1.5 pts per reception. Ideally, I expect my flex play to always come out of TE. With the injuries to Benjamin and the mystery injury to Jeffery, I feel that Olsen and Bennett are both in line for a large number of receptions. With that in mind, I felt solid on picking both of them for the roster. For $6 on Green, if he can play well while Gates is out, he may be a steal at the TE position.

PK ($6) and TD ($8):

• Sebastian Janikowski $2
  • Kai Forbath $2
  • Josh Scobee $2
  • Cincinnati Bengals $5
  • Tennessee Titans $3
I am a big believer in 3 cheap PKs, so I follow that strategy every year. From a defense perspective, I am all in on the Defense by Committee approach. The number one defense by committee according to the committee article back at the beginning of August was Cin-Ten. This approach gave me 11 weeks against some inept offenses (3 games against the browns). This should open up some decent games from a defensive perspective.

All in all, I wish I tweaked a bit more, but what I do like is that after week 7, most of the stud players are all playing with minimal bye week impacts. I'm hoping to hold on for that approach. Will it work? Probably not, but what the heck. Always fun to play!

Users who are viewing this thread