What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (3 Viewers)

Wow, I'm currently below the cutoff.

I have Peterson, Julio, and Vernon Davis going tonight but pretty pathetic performance from my outfit in week 1.
Good luck. Probably a good week to have a bad week - it's a painful turf-out (it happened to me one year thanks to Brandon Jacobs)

-QG

Other high water marks:

20 QBs.

12 RBs (seriously someone needs to step up here).

16 WRs (this guy is doing pretty good)

7 TEs (there as 8 of these guys - this is the biggest embarrassment of all!)

-QG
7 TE guys doesn't seem that outlandish. I have 4 and could easily have added 3 cheap guys I wanted. (Reed, Rodgers, and Maxx)
It is a waste, you can only start 3 and that is if they beat your receivers and running backs for the flex spot.
Yeah but when you're trying to join the ranks of such legends as 23-kicker guy and 20-QB guy, you really need to aim higher.

-QG

Friendly reminder that nobody actually wants score updates on your individual rosters. No one here is sweating you making the cut or proud that you cracked 200.

Roster strategy, discussions on combos and uniqueness, pointing out which players were the best bargain/worst buy... of course. But the updates - no one cares.

Other high water marks:

20 QBs.

-QG
7 TE guys doesn't seem that outlandish. I have 4 and could easily have added 3 cheap guys I wanted. (Reed, Rodgers, and Maxx)
It is a waste, you can only start 3 and that is if they beat your receivers and running backs for the flex spot.
Yeah but when you're trying to join the ranks of such legends as 23-kicker guy and 20-QB guy, you really need to aim higher.

-QG
exactly. while it's not the prudent move, there's a huge difference between 20 kickers or 12 RBs and 7 TE.

I totally care. That's why we're on a FF message board.

:shrugs:

I guess I do care about your fantasy team and how you got there. :thanks:

eta* less than altruistically, it makes me better every year. :excited: :thumbup: :fro: :shrug: :headbang: :coffee: :porked: :grad: :bowtie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you guys are either figuring this out yourselves or there's something wrong with my browser at work. I'm seeing 0's across the board for every entry and every player. Although it does say I'm still alive, so there's that.

Other high water marks:

20 QBs.

-QG

-QG
exactly. while it's not the prudent move, there's a huge difference between 20 kickers or 12 RBs and 7 TE.
7 TEs could be completely reasonable. I have 5, and if I'd liked some of the other $3-4 TEs a little more (and some of the cheap WRs a little less) then I could easily have ended up with 7.

It's going to be pretty rare for 4 of the 7 to have a big game the same week, so you're usually not wasting them unless you're also getting 3+ big games at one of your other flexable positions (and you can only fit 7 R/W/T into your starting lineup in total, so if you get 8 big games from those positions in the same week then you have to waste one regardless of how you spread them between the 3 positions).

Most of the 7 TE owners spent less on the position than the guys who went Gronk + Olsen, so it's not like they're hamstringing the rest of their roster.

Friendly reminder that nobody actually wants score updates on your individual rosters. No one here is sweating you making the cut or proud that you cracked 200.

Roster strategy, discussions on combos and uniqueness, pointing out which players were the best bargain/worst buy... of course. But the updates - no one cares.
I like reading just about anything that is in this thread including scores and people sweating the cutline.As long as I can remember this thread has been free of the thread posting police.I kind of like that.

So, I take it you had a bad week?

Enjoy reading the banter and discussion here each year. Keep on keeping on the quality posting, strategy, stats and scoring. It's all good!

Team 105430 - pretty decent week so far 181.55

Don't love your RBs, and I think you took too many sleepers, but thats what makes the contest fun, everyone has a different strategy, and any one could work.

The good news is now we can track your team with you!! :thumbup:

Team 105430 - pretty decent week so far 181.55

Don't love your RBs, and I think you took too many sleepers, but thats what makes the contest fun, everyone has a different strategy, and any one could work.

The good news is now we can track your team with you!! :thumbup:
:lmao: :football: :lmao: :football:

eta* I am not sure if my humor is blanketed by enough football, but I'm guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh. It's hard to analyze what worked/didn't work without people posting their updates and post-mortems. It's also what makes this thread fun to read during the season, since there's not much to do besides sit back and watch (besides for those of us who are platinum members).

Team 105430 aka FFNinja

Quarterbacks

Tannehill

Palmer

Fitzpatrick

Cousins

Not a bad group especially after the first week, if Palmer plays all year he is going to be a bargain. I think you over did it going with 2 of the 3 dollar quarterbacks. but it is 3 bucks.

Running backs

Anderson

Spiller

Ivory

Martin

Mathews

Artis-Payne

Michaels

I am not a fan of Anderson and after week 1 I look right, but who knows the rest of your guys or decent and I love the Ivory and Martin picks.

Wide Receivers

Calvin

A. Johnson

Decker

Adams

S. Johnson

Wheaton

C. Brown

I don't love your receivers, but to each their own. I liked your Johnson wide receiver theme.

Tight ends

Eifert

Davis

L. Green

G. Graham

Gilmore

V. Green

I love the Eifert pick and you will look like the smartest guy in the room if Green takes this job and never looks back. The rest of your guys are kind of a throw them against the wall and see what sticks. It may work out for you.

Kickers

Scobee

Succop

Janikowski

I care so much I am grading your kickers, I think a lot of us had Scobee and Janikowski, Succop could be huge if Mariota keeps this up..

Defenses

Cleveland

Tennessee

Oakland

Cleveland was my favorite 4 dollar defense so, I also picked Tennessee as my hail mary. I guess great minds think a like.

Good luck this year, I see you going far :thumbup: :wub:

I was skeptical as to whether the platinum would be worth it. But being able to replace Dez Bryant was worth the price alone.

How can a fantasy football ninja have a bad week?

flc735 said:
ponchsox said:
Stephen Holloway said:
Lots of happy Julio owners on his first half.
He was a no brainer at $26. I don't see how a team can win it all without him.
I had him all preseason and decided to switch him out last minute after seeing him on just about every roster that was posted on this thread to increase my uniqueness. Lesson learned :/
Yep. Was back and forth between Julio and Calvin as my stud WR on every iteration. oops.

SeniorVBDStudent said:
Sinn Fein said:
FF Ninja said:

Who wins between a fantasy football :ninja: and fantasy football :shark: ?

-QG

SeniorVBDStudent said:
Sinn Fein said:
FF Ninja said:

Who wins between a fantasy football :ninja: and fantasy football :shark: ? -QG
:mindblown:

btw the common entry that had the 19 most owned players (plus Colts and Succop) would have 233.0 points this week.

So far the wisdom of the crowd holds up.

-QG

Im in 63rd place for week with 233 points. First time I haven't gone with 30 players and I like it.

Surviving the bye weeks may not happen but if I do this team has a shot.

msudaisy26 said:
Team 105430 aka FFNinja

Quarterbacks

Tannehill

Palmer

Fitzpatrick

Cousins

Not a bad group especially after the first week, if Palmer plays all year he is going to be a bargain. I think you over did it going with 2 of the 3 dollar quarterbacks. but it is 3 bucks.

Running backs

Anderson

Spiller

Ivory

Martin

Mathews

Artis-Payne

Michaels

I am not a fan of Anderson and after week 1 I look right, but who knows the rest of your guys or decent and I love the Ivory and Martin picks.

Wide Receivers

Calvin

A. Johnson

Decker

Adams

S. Johnson

Wheaton

C. Brown

I don't love your receivers, but to each their own. I liked your Johnson wide receiver theme.

Tight ends

Eifert

Davis

L. Green

G. Graham

Gilmore

V. Green

I love the Eifert pick and you will look like the smartest guy in the room if Green takes this job and never looks back. The rest of your guys are kind of a throw them against the wall and see what sticks. It may work out for you.

Kickers

Scobee

Succop

Janikowski

I care so much I am grading your kickers, I think a lot of us had Scobee and Janikowski, Succop could be huge if Mariota keeps this up..

Defenses

Cleveland

Tennessee

Oakland

Cleveland was my favorite 4 dollar defense so, I also picked Tennessee as my hail mary. I guess great minds think a like.

Good luck this year, I see you going far :thumbup: :wub:
Anderson got hurt. From his fairly large sample size of touches last year, his advanced statistics were very, very good. If he can get healthy, he'll be great. If he's got a liz franc or something then I'm counting on Spiller to come through for me. His injury probably kept him off a lot of teams, so he should help my uniqueness. They threw a LOT to the RBs in week 1, so I'm still very high on him.

My top 3 WRs look like crap after week 1... I think Keenan Allen had twice as many receptions as all three of them combined. We'll see how things shake out. Betting against Megatron is usually a bad bet.

There was more logic to my TEs than the wall thing, but I can see how it would look that way. I have Eifert in just about every league. He was a steal.

Did I miss it last year or was this the first year we only have to start 2 WRs and can start 2 flex players? That affected my WR strategy a lot. I diverted funds and roster spots.

QuizGuy66 said:
I care Ninja, what's your entry number? :)

-QG
Why don't we all just put our entry number in our sigs and let it be? That way nobody has to post their current score or who they have left? They can just click the link.

rustycolts said:
FF Ninja said:

I like reading just about anything that is in this thread including scores and people sweating the cutline.As long as I can remember this thread has been free of the thread posting police.I kind of like that.
I like the strategy to it - before the contest and in hindsight. Probably my favorite part of this thread is right after the deadline when people post their whole rosters with explanations of their strategy (posting the roster w/o the strategy isn't nearly as interesting). FWIW, I do root for the people in this thread, but I really don't care for exact scores and who they still have going Monday night. And I'm not alone. That post above got a few likes. IMO, the scores just clutter up the thread and rarely initiate discussion... because most people don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread