What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

so i miss by 2 pts... thanks gene "fake whistle" steratore for taking away the amendola TD... also thanks amendola for finally getting hurt this season.... :( final thanks to gronk for being horsepoop the last 2 weeks

so i miss by 2 pts... thanks gene "fake whistle" steratore for taking away the amendola TD... also thanks amendola for finally getting hurt this season.... :( final thanks to gronk for being horsepoop the last 2 weeks
Amendola wouldn't have scored on that play; the defender would have tackled him if the whistle hadn't blown.

Looks like I'm on to week 12. Whew!! Only the second time I have been within 20 of the cut, but this late in the season, most teams are solid.

Two weeks of 50% cuts, and maybe make a run.

Predictions on the post-bye cutline week 12? I am going 172.45

I'm out. My shotgun approach to get as many 1A RBs as possible finally caught up with me: Link

D. Woodhead - terrible game

M. Jones - bad game

J. Starks - E. Lacy was un-benched during the game

R. Mathews - concussion and didn't even play this week

K. Davis - demotion before he could even score a point for me

Great contest FBGs! This was my deepest run ever and based on the results I'll probably have a large roster again next year.

Amendola wouldn't have scored on that play; the defender would have tackled him if the whistle hadn't blown.
I don't have Amendola but you have no way of knowing that.

Whew - I made the cut by a single point. Brady only got me 16, but that was an increase of 3 points that I had received from Cousins. It was just enough to live another day.

Devin Funchess saved me this week by coming through as a usable option for the first time all season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been watching the thread for a while and now that I have slipped into week 12 I wanted to post.

QB - Tanneill, T Taylor, and Fitz- The good news is they are healthy, the bad news is I don't know that they will be any good. I just need one to be good, but I haven't been over 21 in 4 weeks

RB - Gore, Ingram, Ivory, Abdullah, R Mathews, M Jones - Again the good news is that they are healthy except for Mathews. Gore, Ingram and Ivory have been fairly solid scorers. Hoping for another boom week or two from Jones and maybe AA starts getting the ball more down the stretch.

WR - J Jones, Maclin, Jo Brow, Davante Adams, Steve Johnson, Allen Hurns, M Wheaton, E Royal, T Lockett - Health continues to keep me in this here. Brown and Adams are both back and I hope for big games now. Hurns has been great and Stevie is going to keep getting targets. Wheaton and Royal were trash. Lockett has counted twice with his two big weeks, but this most recent one was huge as I only made the cut by about 13 points.

TE - Olsen and Eifert - These two have been huge, they have both counted in 5 weeks with some huge games in there.

K - Bailey, D Carpenters, Scobbee - Bailey and Carpenter both have jobs and with Romo back hopefully Bailey gets more chances

D - Miami and Indy - They aren't very good, but it could be worst.

My team isn't that good, but I have been mostly healthy so I guess I have a chance. I need some guys to start scoring, but no matter what it has been fun.

Longtime lurker, and I don't often post. But I just looked up my score and noticed that I AM THE CUTOFF score this week (yes I'm shouting), team #1000 in the standings (Forte Yard Dash). I made it by exactly 0.00 points. There are no ties, so please let there be no stat changes! I think I'm out soon, but I think for the first time ever I was on the "right" side of a sweat.

EDIT: just noticed that the live scoring has the cutoff at 144.70 points, and I have 144.60 points. But the official standings show 144.60 as the cut. Hopefully the official standings are correct :-)

Need Brady, Blount and Gronk to combine for 60+ to have any chance
Obviously didn't happen

:slamsmoneydown: I'm out!

This is the best I have done in this contest so something positive...good luck to everyone...would love to see QG66 win the whole thing!
Sorry to see that you're out GB thanks for the well wishes :) Steelers fans rooting for Bengals fan? Surely a sign of the apocalypse ;)

-QG

Obviously didn't happen

This is the best I have done in this contest so something positive...good luck to everyone...would love to see QG66 win the whole thing!
Sorry to see that you're out GB thanks for the well wishes :) Steelers fans rooting for Bengals fan? Surely a sign of the apocalypse ;)

-QG
Bengals fan or not, you seem like a nice guy...and you are always so exuberant!

Obviously didn't happen

-QG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

Those with large rosters ( 25 or more) what was strategy I want large roster but don't know how to resist tempting studs!
Calculate points above baseline per dollar. Buy players with the highest ratios. You can still get studs; my 29-player roster had Lynch, CJ Anderson (ok he was supposed to be a stud), Ingram, and Olsen. Probably would still be alive if Keenan Allen and John Brown hadn't gotten hurt (only missed one week, by 19 points).

Longtime lurker, and I don't often post. But I just looked up my score and noticed that I AM THE CUTOFF score this week (yes I'm shouting), team #1000 in the standings (Forte Yard Dash). I made it by exactly 0.00 points. There are no ties, so please let there be no stat changes! I think I'm out soon, but I think for the first time ever I was on the "right" side of a sweat.

EDIT: just noticed that the live scoring has the cutoff at 144.70 points, and I have 144.60 points. But the official standings show 144.60 as the cut. Hopefully the official standings are correct :-)
Wow! GL!

Obviously didn't happen

-QG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk
exactly the clip I was thinking of :thumbup:

-QG

Obviously didn't happen

-QG
Bengals fan or not, you seem like a nice guy...and you are always so exuberant!
Thanks :) I was exuberant during the Bengals-Cardinals game on my twitter in a less than positive way in terms of a certain opposing quarterback...

-QG

Ugh - looks like the official standings have changed, and the cut is now 144.65, so you are now #1001 for week #11. :(

I finished tied at #997 with 144.75, but I will probably be eliminated this week. Forsett/Amendola now out, and Royal/Mathews/Bradford still out. Injuries taking a toll. Plus, my Brady/Gronk combo is playing at Denver so I'm not expecting a big week from them,

Ugh - looks like the official standings have changed, and the cut is now 144.65, so you are now #1001 for week #11. :(

I finished tied at #997 with 144.75, but I will probably be eliminated this week. Forsett/Amendola now out, and Royal/Mathews/Bradford still out. Injuries taking a toll. Plus, my Brady/Gronk combo is playing at Denver so I'm not expecting a big week from them,
:sadbanana: -QG

:sadbanana:
What?!! Oh no!! Weak sauce. :X :wall:

Forte Yard Dash said:
QuizGuy66 said:
Raleigh Engineers said:

:sadbanana:
What?!! Oh no!! Weak sauce. :X :wall:
The cut has moved again....to 144.70, matching the Live scoring.

I think my biggest concern these next few weeks is that I only have Philly D. Im shocked I actually got positive points for them yesterday.

I think my biggest concern these next few weeks is that I only have Philly D. Im shocked I actually got positive points for them yesterday.
Think of them the way I think of the Giants: they'll be on the field a lot so they will have more opportunities to do things to get you points.

-QG

Wow I think I'm 20 overall. I've done pretty well the previous 2/3 years, but never this good I don't think. I never followed the thread previous years so never knew about the Igomatic.

Had a great start with Megatron and Tyrod Taylor, but the rest of the team didn't show up. Need big games from Gronk and Demaryius to stay in this thing. I am one of only 2 teams still alive with both those players.

Having a really good week, onto week 13! Hoping for back to back finals after never making it before last year.

may be a stupid question... but if right now I am in 512th place, (0.5 points behind current cut line), and have no players left to play, does that mean I'm out?

The cutline score can only go up right? So if my score is below it with games to play, I'm done? Haha thanks.

may be a stupid question... but if right now I am in 512th place, (0.5 points behind current cut line), and have no players left to play, does that mean I'm out?

The cutline score can only go up right? So if my score is below it with games to play, I'm done? Haha thanks.
Yes, it means you are out.

Yes, it means you are out.
Damn, had a good run. Actually I have Brady/Cleve D left so a miracle could happen.

164.05 + (Brady - 23.05) + (West - 9.0/14.5/15.7) + (J Brown - 9.0/10.6) + (Chandler - 9.0/14.5).

Only 11.45 over the cut off right this moment. Not feeling too good.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread